Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Coming Soon! PvP Crafted Gear Sets

Taleof2Cities
Taleof2Cities
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
During today’s "Dark Heart of Skyrim" post-announcement show, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom mentioned that *new* PvP crafted gear sets would be hitting a crafting table in Cyrodiil near you! ;)

Of course, there are absolutely no details on this yet.

HOWEVER, they seemed to indicate that they will be included on the next major patch for Harrowstorm (Update 25) in February. Which means we’ll get an early look on the details next week when the PTS patch notes drop for Harrowstorm.

Therefore, if you’re a PC player ... and have time to play around, test, and duel on PTS with the new gear sets in the coming weeks, the PvP community will appreciate it.

To put it another way, PTS testing of new PvP gear will go a long way to ensure fair but competitive sets will be released ... while avoiding substandard sets that nobody will ever craft (e.g. Adept Rider). ;)

In addition to all of this, there will be a new Artifact siege weapon that players can use when the Antiquities System is released. No details on this either ... and Antiquities won’t be released until late May with the Greymoor Chapter.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and see you in PvP soon ...

g3YUjlo.png
Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 17, 2020 3:44AM
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    What qualifies a crafted set as a pvp set per se? A 5th bonus that only impacts players or something?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    What qualifies a crafted set as a pvp set per se? A 5th bonus that only impacts players or something?

Yes.

Most likely they include a 5-piece bonus for various PvP playstyles ... such as the current Rewards of the Worthy gear sets, Tel Var gear sets, or Battlegrounds gear sets.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

Maybe, IDK, that would make sense. That’s how they did PvE trial sets so they couldn’t be used in pvp. Have to wait for the patch notes.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the thing that intrigued me the most besides a performance road map
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately those new cyrodiil sets are going to be totally useless if they dont provide at least 600 wep damage, armor resistances, or some crazy 5pc effect

nothing really outclasses new moon and fury, but im trying to stay at the least optimistic for their arrival
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    unfortunately those new cyrodiil sets are going to be totally useless if they dont provide at least 600 wep damage, armor resistances, or some crazy 5pc effect

nothing really outclasses new moon and fury, but im trying to stay at the least optimistic for their arrival

There’s lots of stuff they could do. The problem moreso is as soon as there’s a decent set that isn’t about just stats people complain like crazy.

Stats run the show mostly because players have driven it that way.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya’ll mofos on the PTS need to queue for BGs. I usually just stand there staring at the queue timer tick away endlessly.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter what it is. If it's good, it will be nerfed to uselessness.

See Curse Eater for a good example.
    Edited by brandonv516 on January 17, 2020 9:07PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

There’s lots of stuff they could do. The problem moreso is as soon as there’s a decent set that isn’t about just stats people complain like crazy.

Stats run the show mostly because players have driven it that way.

That's because if it isnt stat dense its useless except for niche and or overland content and we already have piles of those sets sitting around not getting used
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see them doing sets similar to trials, with a line of increased damage to players instead of minor slayer.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During today’s "Dark Heart of Skyrim" post-announcement show, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom mentioned that *new* PvP crafted gear sets would be hitting a crafting table in Cyrodiil near you! ;)

Of course, there are absolutely no details on this yet.

HOWEVER, they seemed to indicate that they will be included on the next major patch for Harrowstorm (Update 25) in February. Which means we’ll get an early look on the details next week when the PTS patch notes drop for Harrowstorm.

Therefore, if you’re a PC player ... and have time to play around, test, and duel on PTS with the new gear sets in the coming weeks, the PvP community will appreciate it.

To put it another way, PTS testing of new PvP gear will go a long way to ensure fair but competitive sets will be released ... while avoiding substandard sets that nobody will ever craft (e.g. Adept Rider). ;)

In addition to all of this, there will be a new Artifact siege weapon that players can use when the Antiquities System is released. No details on this either ... and Antiquities won’t be released until late May with the Greymoor Chapter.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and see you in PvP soon ...

g3YUjlo.png

I am looking forward to anything new for PvP. The artifact siege really has my curiosity.

The sets I am sure will follow in the same vein as NMA probably or could they go the Sloads direction again, lmao.

It will be interesting to see what they have come up with, that’s for sure.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really, really hope that those crafting station will be in each alliance home base, and not in some random spot in in the wilderness... :o
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lemme guess they’ll release 4-6 sets but One will clearly outperform so the others get shelved by the community. Why do we need more five piece sets but still no two piece arena weapons designed for PvP?
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 18, 2020 11:57AM
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So lemme guess they’ll release 4-6 sets but One will clearly outperform so the others get shelved by the community. Why do we need more five piece sets but still no two piece arena weapons designed for PvP?

Ye the PvP arena weapon is something i was expecting long time ago,but for some reason if they add more arena weapon they are only gated behind PvE content.

They could add one for every PvP mode too we have Cyro,BG and IC.

Let's see what those new set are,as you said most likely they will be forgotten but who know.
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on January 18, 2020 12:15PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has SO MANY five piece sets that are completely worthless. Why add more sets to the game when they could just rework the bad ones. PvP needs 2 piece arena weapons not more forgettable five piece.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 18, 2020 2:23PM
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    Would be cool if the crafting station were in Bruma for AD, Crops for DC and Vlast for EP. Can only be crafted in a home campaign, bound when crafted and must be crafted by a Grand Overlord :-) .. oh and can't be copied to place in your resdience!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they're not dumb 5 pieces like Buffer of the Swift that require no thought into putting a build together
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would totally rock perfected false gods in both pve & pvp!
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I just hope they're not dumb 5 pieces like Buffer of the Swift that require no thought into putting a build together

Imo buffer is a pretty balanced set, I think there are better, but there nothing wrong having a “general goto”
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah because curse eater was gonna be a fantastic addition to the game where it allows players to afk purge CCs and any other debuff.

Also last time I checked, new moon's is good. And that didn't get nerfed to uselessness (yet).
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

Imo buffer is a pretty balanced set, I think there are better, but there nothing wrong having a “general goto”

It's too good. Compare it with other defensive sets and it's one of the strongest ones before you start factoring in player penetration and debuffs (especially things like 2h ult). When you factor that in it's super strong. While being light armor which allows you to keep the crit, pen and sustain.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's too good. Compare it with other defensive sets and it's one of the strongest ones before you start factoring in player penetration and debuffs (especially things like 2h ult). When you factor that in it's super strong. While being light armor which allows you to keep the crit, pen and sustain.

Idk, I mean when we look at stamina sets like fury where players just tank, tank, tank, ulti dump you for 1mil dmg, I would say that is more over performing than buffer.

What makes something OP is the ability to have your cake & eat it too, not doing 1 thing well...
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if they would add equivalent of minor slayer in PvE sets called lets say minor fighter giving 5% more dmg against players :smile:
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Idk, I mean when we look at stamina sets like fury where players just tank, tank, tank, ulti dump you for 1mil dmg, I would say that is more over performing than buffer.

What makes something OP is the ability to have your cake & eat it too, not doing 1 thing well...

Yeh, I'm not saying it's the most OP set - there are other sets that are too strong.

My point is, sets like Swift require little thought to get straight up 10% damage mitigation. I'm not a fan of things like that. Especially in an offensive orientated weight.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeh, I'm not saying it's the most OP set - there are other sets that are too strong.

My point is, sets like Swift require little thought to get straight up 10% damage mitigation. I'm not a fan of things like that. Especially in an offensive orientated weight.

Why? The set isn’t that good. So basicly you’re saying they should remove all offensive oriented heavy armour sets?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Yeah because curse eater was gonna be a fantastic addition to the game where it allows players to afk purge CCs and any other debuff.

Also last time I checked, new moon's is good. And that didn't get nerfed to uselessness (yet).

Curse Eater was good, now it is not. And don't worry there's still time for New Moon to get scaled back some.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it, long over due
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has SO MANY five piece sets that are completely worthless. Why add more sets to the game when they could just rework the bad ones. PvP needs 2 piece arena weapons not more forgettable five piece.

This is a brilliant statement and should have been apart of an update long ago.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭

The problems right now is high healing and tankiness combined with 6k 7k weapon damage of stamina builds.
    That hasn't much to do with sets, because if you run a nord necro or nord warden in fury new moon you can tank and heal like crazy and land 15k onslaughts fully buffed. This requires big smart thoughts to get? Don't think so, just keep up all buff and vigor and you are "immortal".
    Buffer of the swift you just get a line of magicka, and right now running a one line of magicka in a magicka class it means you won't be able to kill anyone, yeah you survive maybe 1 minute more, but no way you have the damage to kill things.
    Right now i play a fully max magocks glass cannon magsorc and i cannot kill those permabuff necros and wardens... imagine if i run swift, I just caress their face lol.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll probably be something like Gives X% bonus to slaying Alliance D while reducing damage by Y% against Alliance A. And 3 versions. You'll be unable to wear a set that reduces damage to your own alliance.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos