The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Greymoor Physical Collector Edition Cost Released

• Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe with the extra 30$ the statue will be a bit more sturdy, and it won't break in the box before it arrives.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on January 17, 2020 6:28AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it come with a sub 300 ping
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooff, $250 AUD for the physical collectors edition.
    Not sure the extras are worth that much...
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe with the extra 30$ the statue will be a bit more sturdy, and it won't break in the box before it arrives.

Breaks anyway.

Seriously these shipping prices feel outrageous in comparison to amazon and eBay.
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they announced Physical edition, I wanted to buy it, but after hype wave settled and I carefully considered all pros and cons, I think, I will go for cheapest digital upgrade. My reason for this are simple: I have Morrowind Physical CE, and It was not only cheaper, had beautiful big artbook, as opposed to coins, but you could send receipt of your purchase to support, and get preorder items. Since this practice is not working now, I "pay for inconvenience". I buy most expensive pack, and get to play 2 weeks later then those who preordered cheapest one ( 1 week early release+ 1 week for package to arrive to me across all Europe. Also, none of the digital items really fits my characters and their playstyles. Also, sadly, I cannot display such statuette proudly, since many of my elderly Christian relatives, will probably think, that I am part of some vile cult. I wish they made different statuettes, like Gryphon or Crystal tower for Summerset, maybe small mural of Alinor, and miniature barrow for or Lyris statuette for Greymoore.
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    Lintashi wrote: »
    Also, sadly, I cannot display such statuette proudly, since many of my elderly Christian relatives, will probably think, that I am part of some vile cult. I wish they made different statuettes, like Gryphon or Crystal tower for Summerset, maybe small mural of Alinor, and miniature barrow for or Lyris statuette for Greymoore.

I agree 100%, it would be hard to justify displaying 3 daedric/vampire/gothic statues of Molag Bal, Vampire and Mephala to friends and family without coming off as a member of a satanic cult. That would be a red flag to any of my dates who came over. I think they should have something a little less offputting like you mentioned like a replica of an artifact like an elder scroll or a scale model of the city.

Even if I bought the collector edition, I couldn't keep the statue. What would i do with it?

I honestly thought going into the Greymoor live stream that they would be incorporating the nordic helm into the collectors edition might be more worth the price.
    Edited by skyhawk002 on January 17, 2020 9:13AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What bothers me:

"We can only ship this item to addresses in the United States."

This Item is Restricted to US

https://gear.bethesda.net/products/eso-ce

Why? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by redlink1979 on January 17, 2020 10:15AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over here in the UK it will be £119.99 to pre-order, free delivery. :) ...... I'll be having some of that action :)
    Edited by Eldartar on January 17, 2020 10:17AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    $130?

Cashing in on that Skyrim nostalgia. IIRC not even the Imperial Edition back in 2014 costed that much.

And that's like what, $20-30 more expensive than the Morrowind / Summerset CE. Wow, just wow.

If you're a collector, it's not going to matter much. CE's are not really for me as I never got into it, and tbh, I don't have the space for them, but for a collector, this just makes it more limited.

Don't get me wrong, I do have both the Imperial Edition and the Morrowind CE - they were overpriced but offered great quality, especially the journals and the statues.

Then came the Summerset CE which I bought, unpacked and instantly returned to Amazon because it was cheap and compared to the previous two ones a blatant rip off. If the Greymoor CE is like the Imperial Edition or Morrowind CE it's great but still overpriced. If it's like the Summerset CE you could even call this a scam.

For someone that is as negative as you are, you're here an awful lot.

Where does it say you can't frequent these forums if you happen to only post below positive posts? I don't necessarily agree with his negative comments, but he has as much right to post his thoughts as you or I. A tad similar to the internet mentality which assumes people shouldn't comment of stuff they have zero interest in after reading the text provided. I'm more thankful these forums are a complete contrast to the echo chamber that is the ESO sub Reddit. If folk just want to experience positivity, then using your logic, you too have a choice.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    £30 ($40 US) more than Morrowind for only half the box content (and that's before you compare the actual game content this Chapter fails to provide by comparison). You have to be joking.

This will be the first physical CE I don't get :(
    Edited by esotoon on January 17, 2020 10:54AM
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    129,99€ over here. :)

I agree it's sad that it doesn't come with an artbook of sorts, but I still got it because I love maps and statues too much. The only other CE I have is that of the Imperial Edition, and the thing I loved about it so much was the book that came with it, but well...

I'm just not sure I understand - in the German after-show stream, they mentioned we'll definitely get out preorder bonus with the physical CE as well, but I'm not sure on how we'd do that? Did they post any information on that somewhere?
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Rondur_Sidriel
    If you have a Best Buy store near you, I would recommend ordering through their website for in-store pickup to avoid extra shipping costs

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-collectors-edition-macwindows/6398909.p?skuId=6398909

Does anyone know how people who order the physical collector's edition will be able to claim early access or the pre-order bonuses that unlock prior to the official chapter launch? Do I have to wait for a pre-order code from Best Buy or submit proof of pre-order to ZOS customer service?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything with the words, collector's edition, tend to end up not being a collector's item.

It's just a way to get you to pay more with no real value or rarity to the collectible.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    Not falling for that again. I can wait until next Christmas and see if they discount it 70% like they did with Elseweyr.

Yep, think this is the first time I won't be buying a Chapter day one, but waiting for a big discount. And I bought the physical CEs for all the Chapters that had them, and the base game CE. Mostly for the beautiful art books:

33354868838_9c0460e3b0_o.jpg
    This Chapter is just so underwhelming. No one hand and spell line, no bard line, no arena, only a tiny section of Skyrim since almost half the new content is underground...

The vampire revamp is fantastic news, but it's also confirmed as a base game update too, so no need to buy the Chapter for that. And as great as archaeology antiquities sounds, I'm not paying $40+ for that.

ZOS know that their previous Chapters have always lacked in content compared to other MMO expansions, and it's always been a big criticism. Yes, they churn them out faster than the competition, but they also charge crazy high prices for their expansions. And 2020's Chapter looks like they're experimenting with how little they can get away with charging for. Other than antiquities there's nothing new here mechanically. It's just a relatively small new zone to quest in, for $40-130. That's a hard pass from me :neutral:

What are the 3 front most books? I only recognize the ones in the back.
    @Personofsecrets Those are from a book collection called The Hero's Guide to ESO. They produced a limited run of 10,000 copies and numbered them all. They're very high quality, and the alchemy journal is especially impressive since it's full of illustrations of ingredients! You should be able to find them online but I'm not sure what the pricing will be like these days.

I loved the deer antlers and sheepskin they used in all the promotional shots so I sourced some of my own to display them in a similar way in my cabinet :smile:

686a0491d35d7b6b545ce6e991da0bf6.jpg
    775ebb187422e4f1f9f7682f4fa2b0e8b6dc1023.jpg
    Mine:
    47178544572_e9400b2c6c_b.jpg
    So yes, disappointed that there won't be an artbook for the second Chapter in a row, and it should speak volumes that despite this collection I have no interest in buying Skyrim/Greymoor this year, both for lack of gameplay features and lack of CE artbook.

But since ZOS were happy to sell items like Elsweyr's Wrathstone tablet separately last year, maybe there's still hope that ZOS can produce a new artbook to sell on the official merch store? Nudge nudge @ZOS_GinaBruno :wink: Same size as the original game's and Morrowind's CE artbooks, covering concept art from Elsweyr, Murkmire, and Skyrim would be amazing, and I'll happily throw my wallet at that for you :smile:
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collectors' items don't need to be rare to be collectibles. Different people collect things for different reasons. Some do it for sentimental reasons. Others do it for aesthetic reasons. And others do it because they have a compulsive need to collect a complete set of something. Not everyone does it because they're hoping the items will become extremely valuable some day so they can sell them off to... other collectors.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not falling for that again. I can wait until next Christmas and see if they discount it 70% like they did with Elseweyr.

Yep, think this is the first time I won't be buying a Chapter day one, but waiting for a big discount. And I bought the physical CEs for all the Chapters that had them, and the base game CE. Mostly for the beautiful art books:

This Chapter is just so underwhelming. No one hand and spell line, no bard line, no arena, only a tiny section of Skyrim since almost half the new content is underground...

The vampire revamp is fantastic news, but it's also confirmed as a base game update too, so no need to buy the Chapter for that. And as great as archaeology antiquities sounds, I'm not paying $40+ for that.

ZOS know that their previous Chapters have always lacked in content compared to other MMO expansions, and it's always been a big criticism. Yes, they churn them out faster than the competition, but they also charge crazy high prices for their expansions. And 2020's Chapter looks like they're experimenting with how little they can get away with charging for. Other than antiquities there's nothing new here mechanically. It's just a relatively small new zone to quest in, for $40-130. That's a hard pass from me :neutral:

Wait, we dont even have the full info on what is available for Greymoor in the first place so how do you even say its underwhelming?
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »

Wait, we dont even have the full info on what is available for Greymoor in the first place so how do you even say its underwhelming?

But we do know? They basically revealed everything yesterday about Greymoor.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Chapter is just so underwhelming. No one hand and spell line,

I think it's crazy how people have latched onto an icon that's been openly used within the game for the "Skills (K)" menu item for at least the past 2.5 years (ever since I've been playing the game), and probably for much longer (since the game's initial release?), and believe that it's some sort of "datamined" indication of a new skill line.

I mean, it's great to think about what sorts of new skill lines might be nice to add to the game, and how they might work. Let your minds get creative and have fun with that.

But for people to claim that a long-existing icon has just been "datamined" and then get all worked up about the name it had been given way back whenever is just asking to be disappointed. :(
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bothers me:

@redlink1979, there is second for Europe. https://eumerch.bethesda.net Maybe it can deliver where you are?

However, at least some ru people can't purchase (with everything looking ok and shipping cost calculated) - just something goes wrong with payment, try again. If somebody from other places ordered - was it working for you? To understand at least if it is our local problem or store working bad in general.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭

are you sane? collector editions very limited and till text christmas you will need to go to ebay and buy used ones
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    After playing for a month I picked up all three CE's new in the box for a decent deal (around $250) I liked the first two, but I wasn't impressed with the Summerset one

So this time I made my own CE
    So I got this for 150.00 new

elder-scrolls-online-heroes-tamriel_1_35d4de797e69d470b70dab8608dc229d.jpg

and purchased the CE upgrade for 50.00

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 17, 2020 7:20PM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In EB Games Australia, the price of the Physical Collector's Edition is AU$249.95.

I saw that but Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition was like $450 plus I already own all the other ESO ones including the Wrathstone tablet so yeah must buy for me.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »

are you sane? collector editions very limited and till text christmas you will need to go to ebay and buy used ones

Not really, you still can find brand new Summerset CEs to this day by various sellers (not talking about private persons here) for almost half the price it was on launch.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 17, 2020 2:02PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    What bothers me:

@redlink1979, there is second for Europe. https://eumerch.bethesda.net Maybe it can deliver where you are?

However, at least some ru people can't purchase (with everything looking ok and shipping cost calculated) - just something goes wrong with payment, try again. If somebody from other places ordered - was it working for you? To understand at least if it is our local problem or store working bad in general.

@Enemoriana Thanks. Yes, it can be delivered to my residence's country.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just for some perspective:

Physical CE Upgrade- $130
    Digital CE Upgrade- $50

So you're paying a difference of $80
    You also get a month of ESO+- $15 value

So basically for the exclusive physical items you're paying $65

If you were buying everything separately-
    1 collectible coin- $15-$20, you're getting 4 in the pack-- that's $60 by itself.
    Statue- anywhere from $25-$80 (Alduin statue is $25, all other game relics like the reliquary, horn of jadarri, and wrathstone are $80)
    Even with just those five things, you're still getting a discount from buying everything separately
    And that doesn't mention the steelbook and map
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame they never did one for Elsweyr - Dragon statue would have sold fast like sweet rolls
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    So just for some perspective:

Physical CE Upgrade- $130
    Digital CE Upgrade- $50

So you're paying a difference of $80
    You also get a month of ESO+- $15 value

So basically for the exclusive physical items you're paying $65

If you were buying everything separately-
    1 collectible coin- $15-$20, you're getting 4 in the pack-- that's $60 by itself.
    Statue- anywhere from $25-$80 (Alduin statue is $25, all other game relics like the reliquary, horn of jadarri, and wrathstone are $80)
    Even with just those five things, you're still getting a discount from buying everything separately
    And that doesn't mention the steelbook and map

Dude... no offense but you are the reason they keep offering less and charging more.

The CE is actually 165 shipped no art book just a really ugly statue and a few polystyrene coins. The First and Second CE gave us items that were worth the price even without the statues and the Morrowind statue was badass.

This is in no way shape or form a good deal, I don't Blame Rich or Matt however, this is all on their marketing team.

But it's your money...I doubt this will be sold out any time soon though...the Reliquary that is another issue.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does that discount code work on the digital editions of the upgrade? (especially on steam?) or is it just for the physical CE?
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and not even a kiss?

no thanks, i'll pass.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No book art?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language