The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Greymoor Physical Collector Edition Cost Released

• mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think the price is too high, things get more expensive as time goes by. I remember buying candy bars for 50 cents, now they're a dollar 😜

The physical Imperial edition was awesome, and I'm excited for this one too! The statue looks great and so do the coins... THE COINS!!!

I skipped the Morrowind physical edition, and the Summerset book's binding was kinda meh, but Mephala? MEPHALA!!! Sorry for all the caps, I'm really super excited 😁

Those types of coins usually sell for at least 20$, so that's at least 80$ right there and the statues are priceless so...

All things considered I think this physical edition will be totally worth all the cost! Yaaaaaaaay! 😜

I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
    Options
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    No book art?

Nope and they could have made it a really nice one ....this is my problem, it seems the taint of Todd Howards Bethesda is moving towards ZoS....I just hope that they don't end up recalling the statue for mold like they did the Fallout 76 helmet.
    Edited by Klad on January 17, 2020 5:03PM
    Options
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think the price is too high, things get more expensive as time goes by. I remember buying candy bars for 50 cents, now they're a dollar 😜

Allowing for inflation, and using Morrowind as the example to give the worst case scenario:

Morrowind in 2017 was £89.99. In 2020, this price is the equivalent of £96.

It's being sold for £119.99, or to put it another way, 25% more than the adjusted price of Morrowind.

For LESS content.

Edited by esotoon on January 17, 2020 3:38PM
    Options
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Why isn't this available via Amazon like the other physical expansions have been in the past?
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you expect it to be on Amazon as before but it isn't, it's very likely they simply haven't added the listing yet. Just be patient.
    Options
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    If you expect it to be on Amazon as before but it isn't, it's very likely they simply haven't added the listing yet. Just be patient.

I'll have to be I guess. I can wait a couple of weeks to see if it shows up. :)
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the eso store
    the pc version (cant get ps4 price at the moment but i guess it shoul be similar) cost 109$ for me
    At ebgames on ps4
    summerset costed me 119$
    Morrowind 139.99
    Imperial edition 124.99
    All are physical CE
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on January 17, 2020 6:25PM
    Options
  • Thorgar
    Thorgar
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if it will be available in EU? or is NA only.

...are Bretons then mongrels,or paragons?
    The answer,of course,is both(though if you call a Breton
    a mongrel,he is liable to feed you an inch or two of steel).
    The passionate race of Bretons embodies the strengths
    of both men and mer-as well as there flaws.

-The Bretons: mongrels or paragons?
    Options
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorgar wrote: »

Go here: https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/joinus

Select Physical Collectors Edition, then your platform and Region, and it should tell you whether it is available where you live, and where from.
    Options
  • Thorgar
    Thorgar
    ✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

Go here: https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/joinus

Select Physical Collectors Edition, then your platform and Region, and it should tell you whether it is available where you live, and where from.

Hmm doesnt seem so,at least not yet :(

...are Bretons then mongrels,or paragons?
    The answer,of course,is both(though if you call a Breton
    a mongrel,he is liable to feed you an inch or two of steel).
    The passionate race of Bretons embodies the strengths
    of both men and mer-as well as there flaws.

-The Bretons: mongrels or paragons?
    Options
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought every other Physical Collectors Edition, but this one just seems to be a high price for not a great deal so this time - I just bought the digital upgrade as this is too over priced for me!
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
    Options
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely would have gotten a dragon statue if they had a physical CE with Elsweyr, but I have no interest whatsoever in that Vampire statue. I will however get the digital CE.
    Options
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭

Try to check Amazon where you live, if that's a possibility. At least in Germany, that's where I was able to order it :)
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try to check Amazon where you live, if that's a possibility. At least in Germany, that's where I was able to order it :)

Sadly it always seems that the online stores in Canada, including Amazon are the last to get their listings.... still waiting... and still undecided.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly all I want is the Vampire Lord statue.

That being said, $130 is definitely not worth that it.
    Despair for the Living...
    Options
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The physical Imperial edition was awesome, and I'm excited for this one too! The statue looks great and so do the coins... THE COINS!!!

I skipped the Morrowind physical edition, and the Summerset book's binding was kinda meh, but Mephala? MEPHALA!!! Sorry for all the caps, I'm really super excited 😁

Those types of coins usually sell for at least 20$, so that's at least 80$ right there and the statues are priceless so...

All things considered I think this physical edition will be totally worth all the cost! Yaaaaaaaay! 😜

For me its the price once you add in the shipping cost. If I wanted that CE I'd be spending another 40 or so dollars just to get it on my doorstep a few days after the launch date.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry ZOS $185.31CAD is far too much for what you are giving with the Physical Collector's Edition upgrade.

Had you sold it at $169.99, which would have been the $130USD with exchange rate to Canadian would have been acceptable. But not at the price listed. Kinda hoping this one fails for you now.

Summerset was $119.99 and Morrowind was $139.99 which were still slightly higher than the USD price, but not so much to be an obvious rip off.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083YVG946/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=elder+scrolls+online+greymoor&qid=1579311758&sr=8-2
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy from Best Buy. Free shipping.
    Options
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the more I thought about this the more sure I personaly have become that this is not for me. too much money for not enough out of it. coins I don't care for and never have. steel book that I also don't care for and have no idea what to do with. no art book.

$65 for a statue. for that money, it had better be painted in full color at the very least. since its not... pass.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im really bummed no art book esp with how many dlcs has been out with juicy concept art, plz zos ;c
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »
    I have bought every other Physical Collectors Edition, but this one just seems to be a high price for not a great deal so this time - I just bought the digital upgrade as this is too over priced for me!
    Same, bought all CE's day one, but will be skipping this for sure. Overpriced, with less content. Lack of an artbook is especially surprising when they have so much unpublished concept art to draw from at this point (Murkmire, Elsweyr, Dragonhold, Skyrim, and all dungeon DLCs inbetween).

I won't pre-purchase until I see more info on the zone. Lack of new gameplay mechanics like a new weapon skill line or guild skill line means that right now, we're just being asked to pay $40+ for a new zone to do exactly the same questing templates in. No other MMO does that - they all offer significantly more zones than ESO does, with big new gameplay mechanic updates, and usually for $30+. We really need to stop defending ZOS for charging so much for so little, no matter how much we all love the game. We're setting a precedent for accepting minimum effort content for the highest price here.

My current plan is to wait for late 2020 and see if they offer 70% off like they did for Elsweyr this year. That's about what the content is worth from what they've shown off so far. If they want to announce one-hand-and-spell weapons or a new guild skill line, or a battlemage class or something, then I'm happy to reconsider. Right now, it's the worst value and lowest content Chapter in the game's history, and I refuse to support that when ESO was already offering poor value expansions compared to the competition.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    Not falling for that again. I can wait until next Christmas and see if they discount it 70% like they did with Elseweyr.

Yep, think this is the first time I won't be buying a Chapter day one, but waiting for a big discount. And I bought the physical CEs for all the Chapters that had them, and the base game CE. Mostly for the beautiful art books:

33354868838_9c0460e3b0_o.jpg
    This Chapter is just so underwhelming. No one hand and spell line, no bard line, no arena, only a tiny section of Skyrim since almost half the new content is underground...

The vampire revamp is fantastic news, but it's also confirmed as a base game update too, so no need to buy the Chapter for that. And as great as archaeology antiquities sounds, I'm not paying $40+ for that.

ZOS know that their previous Chapters have always lacked in content compared to other MMO expansions, and it's always been a big criticism. Yes, they churn them out faster than the competition, but they also charge crazy high prices for their expansions. And 2020's Chapter looks like they're experimenting with how little they can get away with charging for. Other than antiquities there's nothing new here mechanically. It's just a relatively small new zone to quest in, for $40-130. That's a hard pass from me :neutral:

What are the 3 front most books? I only recognize the ones in the back.
    @Personofsecrets Those are from a book collection called The Hero's Guide to ESO. They produced a limited run of 10,000 copies and numbered them all. They're very high quality, and the alchemy journal is especially impressive since it's full of illustrations of ingredients! You should be able to find them online but I'm not sure what the pricing will be like these days.

I loved the deer antlers and sheepskin they used in all the promotional shots so I sourced some of my own to display them in a similar way in my cabinet :smile:

686a0491d35d7b6b545ce6e991da0bf6.jpg
    775ebb187422e4f1f9f7682f4fa2b0e8b6dc1023.jpg
    Mine:
    47178544572_e9400b2c6c_b.jpg
    So yes, disappointed that there won't be an artbook for the second Chapter in a row, and it should speak volumes that despite this collection I have no interest in buying Skyrim/Greymoor this year, both for lack of gameplay features and lack of CE artbook.

But since ZOS were happy to sell items like Elsweyr's Wrathstone tablet separately last year, maybe there's still hope that ZOS can produce a new artbook to sell on the official merch store? Nudge nudge @ZOS_GinaBruno :wink: Same size as the original game's and Morrowind's CE artbooks, covering concept art from Elsweyr, Murkmire, and Skyrim would be amazing, and I'll happily throw my wallet at that for you :smile:

Thank you for sharing and, yes, it would be so nice if they continued making the books. I sort of had a bad feeling when we got the small one...
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Not sure why there would be any surprise for the cost of a Physical collectors edition. Your getting physical items that are very costly to set up the initial production on. They are very cool items to some and maybe not to others.

If you don't care for the physical items then your cost goes down to $49.99 which in comparison to the other digital collectors packages is lower than the past average.

The only comparison should be to other physical tangible collectors packages. And the ship[ping is a fixed cost depending on how it's sent. They are not making any money on the shipping.

Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why there would be any surprise for the cost of a Physical collectors edition. Your getting physical items that are very costly to set up the initial production on. They are very cool items to some and maybe not to others.

If you don't care for the physical items then your cost goes down to $49.99 which in comparison to the other digital collectors packages is lower than the past average.

The only comparison should be to other physical tangible collectors packages. And the ship[ping is a fixed cost depending on how it's sent. They are not making any money on the shipping.

It’s about previous CEs vs the Greymoor CE. And compared to the Imperial Edition and the Morrowind CE, the Greymoor CE has less stuff in it but costs a lot more. That doesn’t add up, especially when a Chapter is as shallow and devoid of features as Greymoor is.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How is the Greymoor digital CE upgrade at $49.99 lower than the past average when the Elsweyr CE upgrade was also $49.99 and both Morrowind and Summerset CE upgrades were $39.99? Meanwhile, the physical edition is significantly more expensive than previous physical CEs ($130 vs. $90-$100), while the physical contents are comparable at best (provided you like exonumia) and the digital content is much less.

While the newest chapter itself is also comparable *at best* to Summerset at least (zone, skill line, trial, pre-order and CE bonuses of the same varieties), the physical CE is only an “upgrade” this time around, so there’s no starting with it from scratch or using it to catch up on past chapters - those are all “sold separately” on top of the $130 price tag.

Is $80 worth the upcharge for the physical items alone? By comparison, the entire Summerset CE (probably the closest in terms of comparisons, as it didn’t include a new race or class) was $90 altogether - and that included the base game, Morrowind, and the Summerset CE (sold together in the full digital CE edition for $60). So Summerset had a $30 upcharge for the physical items from its corresponding digital edition, while Greymoor is +$80. Are the physical items in this chapter worth $50 more than the ones that came with Summerset? That’s a huge jump in price differential.

As for shipping, it does cost retailers to ship, of course. Several of them comp that, but even those who do charge are passing on a much more realistic cost: Summerset incurred a $11.80 shipping and handling charge for launch day delivery from Newegg, for example. It makes the $35 charge from Bethesda stick out like a sore thumb: that’s 27% of the product’s MSRP. If it costs Bethesda three times as much as Newegg to ship the same size box, they need to re-examine their logistics. If it doesn’t, then yes, they are making money on the shipping.

ETA: It cost me personally less than $20 to re-ship the Summerset CE, so there’s no way it should cost a business that ships in bulk any more than that. Up to you if you think $15+ handling is fair.
    Edited by virtus753 on January 20, 2020 9:39AM
    Options
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've preordered, but for £119.99, it is very expensive. I'll just be having a good think over the next few months about whether I really want this or not, and then cancel/not cancel the preorder.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Greymoor-Physical-Collectors/dp/B083Z2F6PR?th=1

I'm missing something. If we get it on Amazon, it's free shipping. What's the catch?
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, pre ordered, got confirmation of order in e mail, bought on Bethesda site, but no mount???
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, pre ordered, got confirmation of order in e mail, bought on Bethesda site, but no mount???

The mount is delivered on launch for all physical CE orders.
    Options