Maintenance for the week of November 2:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – November 2, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
The Markarth DLC and Update 28 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Healers ruining cyrodil at an alarming rate

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
The number of healers in PvP is alarming and is a good indicator as to the state of the game, even 2 mans run around with a dedicated healer now and it is absolutely painful, watching the least skillful players see that they were 1vX victims on a dps build but now 2+2+vX on a healer. off healing is just ridiculous and coupled with a sword and board makes most healbots near unkillable with anything other than a group ultidump. Off healing in PVP needs a straight 50% reduction minimum, a reduction in tankyness to heal output and the AP rewarded for healing needs a significant reduction in order to drive some skill back in to the cyrodil and make people have to actually heal themselves again.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    or

    just PvP in non CP.

    But cp is full of procs :D
    Forum War - pro AC side

    EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

    DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    or

    just PvP in non CP.

    But cp is full of procs :D

    And CP is full of healers. Pick your poison.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    or

    just PvP in non CP.

    Same issue in both types.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or

    just PvP in non CP.

    I find non cp has other problems that aren’t as prominent in cp, Dots especially on a DK insanely overperform, proc sets (damage and healing), poisons just to name a few are really problematic and overtuned.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healers are moreso for against 2+ people’s damage against one person. 1v1 is usually a stalemate in CP unless someone’s being outplayed or in a build that’s glassy and designed to take people out 1v1.

    I wouldn’t run a healer in a group of less then 4. Usually when people have real problems with them it’s because they aren’t doing a proper burst combo or are trying to kill players without isolating them first from the pack.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 15, 2020 6:32PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here I thought it was lag and disconnects .... Bloody healers! *Shakes fists*

    Also, no CP is <3
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And when ZOS nerfs healing and you die instantly to those same players because the healing changes affect them less than you and your "pro" build, then what will you complain about next?

    Damage of all the skills you don't use, or will you realize that all that damage reduction you built into your build comes with a cost that you can't see yet because healing and sustain in certain cases people keep quiet about are both overtuned?

    Can't wait for the show next patch; I have a feeling I won't be invited but I still will enjoy it :D
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    And when ZOS nerfs healing and you die instantly to those same players because the healing changes affect them less than you and your "pro" build, then what will you complain about next?

    Damage of all the skills you don't use, or will you realize that all that damage reduction you built into your build comes with a cost that you can't see yet because healing and sustain in certain cases people keep quiet about are both overtuned?

    Can't wait for the show next patch; I have a feeling I won't be invited but I still will enjoy it :D

    Someone clearly has no understanding of what off healing is, self healing should be strong, off healing from a half tank spamming springs shouldn’t be
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    how dare they refuse to let you beat them. damn those pesky healers. if not for them, we would clearly see the magnitude of your pixelated prowess.

    No the current cyrodil playstyle of who stacks the most healers and who has the best hardware to avoid the lagout wins is clearly more fun and rewards skill skill over mindless stacking and heal spamming
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    And when ZOS nerfs healing and you die instantly to those same players because the healing changes affect them less than you and your "pro" build, then what will you complain about next?

    Damage of all the skills you don't use, or will you realize that all that damage reduction you built into your build comes with a cost that you can't see yet because healing and sustain in certain cases people keep quiet about are both overtuned?

    Can't wait for the show next patch; I have a feeling I won't be invited but I still will enjoy it :D

    Someone clearly has no understanding of what off healing is, self healing should be strong, off healing from a half tank spamming springs shouldn’t be

    Complaining about healing springs in 2020 and you question my understanding...? Ok.

    My point being even the most below average skilled healer with a decent youtube cut and paste build is doing exponentially more than an equally skilled dps build
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    The number of healers in PvP is alarming and is a good indicator as to the state of the game, even 2 mans run around with a dedicated healer now and it is absolutely painful, watching the least skillful players see that they were 1vX victims on a dps build but now 2+2+vX on a healer. off healing is just ridiculous and coupled with a sword and board makes most healbots near unkillable with anything other than a group ultidump. Off healing in PVP needs a straight 50% reduction minimum, a reduction in tankyness to heal output and the AP rewarded for healing needs a significant reduction in order to drive some skill back in to the cyrodil and make people have to actually heal themselves again.

    Gotta be honest, it is starting to get ridiculous on xbox na. Seems every organised group is 20+ people, with min 10 healers.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Healers are moreso for against 2+ people’s damage against one person. 1v1 is usually a stalemate in CP unless someone’s being outplayed or in a build that’s glassy and designed to take people out 1v1.

    Or a dedicated group build.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    or

    just PvP in non CP.

    I find non cp has other problems that aren’t as prominent in cp, Dots especially on a DK insanely overperform, proc sets (damage and healing), poisons just to name a few are really problematic and overtuned.

    I'd argue that they are viable but not overturned.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    or

    just PvP in non CP.

    I find non cp has other problems that aren’t as prominent in cp, Dots especially on a DK insanely overperform, proc sets (damage and healing), poisons just to name a few are really problematic and overtuned.

    I'd argue that they are viable but not overturned.

    I think another problem with non cp is some builds are far more well rounded and complete than others, magsorc and stamwarden feel much more like they have it all whilst other builds like a nblade and necros feel like they are lacking in st least one department weather it be healing, survivability or mobility
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we just remove the healer role from the game entirely amiright!?!

    [Remove for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_TrishM on January 16, 2020 5:51PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed DOTS this patch. Last patch this wasn't a problem. Next update they're already changing it. This is not set in stone and for this patch they didn't adjust the healing with the DOT nerf so yes healing is OP for now, it is going to change. Calm down yes this patch has sucked so bad, I certainly agree but thank the divines it is not staying this way. I assure you just wait till this summer and see how the combat team does. From what I see the new head guy is getting the numbers based upon many variables to get eso hopefully into a fun and fair place for all. It is gonna take some time and they're also renovating the entire game to make it again hopefully better. In summary, this is temporary it'll be ok.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose we buffed Dot damage to count the hots.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    Why don't we just remove the healer role from the game entirely amiright!?!

    [Remove for baiting]

    Yea remove utility builds from PVP entirely, the problem with the campaigns being resource based is that if no one dies no resources get flipped, on xbox NA in the main campaign the usual emperors zergs are half healers with one using practiced incantation at all times, leaving meatbag siege and half a dozen ulti dumps the only real possible way to kill them. So nerf healers and significantly reduce group size and make non large group play viable again
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    I propose we buffed Dot damage to count the hots.

    Burst heals far outperform HOTs, especially when off healing

  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe there are two main reasons why people run block tanks with heals.

    1) When you put yourself in a bad situation largely outnumbered, roots and snares are so intense that even with a 2-4seconds immunity period, it is still extremely hard nowadays to create some distance between you and the players and be able to kite successfully unless you are a nightblade with cloak or a magsorc with alot of sustain to teleport away.

    2) The skill level of players in the game is pretty casual. Mostly because of the eternal cycle of new players coming in to try out the game in PvP for the first time, and most of them realizing how bad performances are and leaving before they can get better, leaving the rest of the veteran players who have sticked around for years. As a result, new players will die repeatidly to veteran players and when they fail to realize what they did wrong, they will simply build tankier and hold block to turtle the fight.

    What can be done to improve?

    1) Fix issues that promote new players to leave the game right away because of bugs and bad performances
    2) New players have to put more efforts into theorycrafting and builds research (lot of useful info out there)
    3) ZOS needs to address block casting in battle spirit and the CPs system in 2020
    Edited by frozywozy on January 17, 2020 8:31AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyESO
    PvP Group Builds
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when your fighting a group focus the healer? They will focus you for focusing but group healers tend to be squishy if you see a group that all has 45k+ health just leave them if you are by yourself I play Xbox NA and find most group healers will die when focused even when I’m alone and then the others get real squishy and panic while you kill them. Ball groups and healing and stuff that’s because they min max the group not the players
  • Cazzaxal
    Cazzaxal
    ✭✭
    Where on this doll did the heals touch you? @Fawn4287
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzaxal wrote: »
    Where on this doll did the heals touch you? @Fawn4287

    The 50 templar circles and no one dying causing my game to crash and boot me out of cyro
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Cazzaxal wrote: »
    Where on this doll did the heals touch you? @Fawn4287

    The 50 templar circles and no one dying causing my game to crash and boot me out of cyro

    Well... Your game died... So your statement is false.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Someone clearly has no understanding of what off healing is, self healing should be strong, off healing from a half tank spamming springs shouldn’t be

    Still wrong. I play off healing and i even want cleans on allies. I dont get it why this isnt the same as Vigor. At least give it a synergy like the Templer has.

    But i am not a tank build and i die fast.

    When did you last time see a organised group running through a well oiled gate/breach ? It is almost impossible to do that without off heals.

    And spamming springs as half tank is not a healer. There has to be enough sustain for Shield and Flare and some spike heal to catch utls.

    Nothing in PvP is about class and meta. it is about what certain people make out of it. Like its not bad to be a invincible tank. ts just bad to annoy the sh*t out of people by running 20 mins stairs up and down for no reason then to be a memeboi.
Sign In or Register to comment.