The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PvP Class Ranking Isth3reno1else

relentless_turnip
relentless_turnip
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all!,

I've just attached this link to a video which serves as a summary of a series of video's Isth3reno1else made to highlight current viability of the various classes in PvP.

I think it is a fantastic insight and it is presented in very clear format and if you enjoy the discussion on PvP in general it is definitely worth your attention.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s8q-W0BsD6s&t=1397s
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Nice analysis from @Isth3reno1else. Nightblades stand out. I hope Zenimax acknowledges this and buffs nightblades.

And Im a templar main (havent played templar seriously for a year though).

I am currently leveling nightblade (level 17 now). Ton of fun so far.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best PvP ranking for current patch, hands down. Wish devs watch this and they will draw conclusions.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So stamDK/stamcro is better then stamplar/magDK in U24? We probably are playing different games.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So stamDK/stamcro is better then stamplar/magDK in U24? We probably are playing different games.

There isn't one best class for anything, and platforms do differ. For some weird reason, for example Templar jabs are harder to move out of using a controller. Ikr.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

There isn't one best class for anything, and platforms do differ. For some weird reason, for example Templar jabs are harder to move out of using a controller. Ikr.

Idk, I play on PC EU and 90% of solo players are stamplars, stamdens and magDKs. StamDKs are very rare sight as well as stamcro. Meanwhile in rating stamcro is rated as stamden... well, I understand that I'm average player and isth3renoetc is top player. Maybe in top player level duels/BGs stamcro rocks. In regular Cyrodiil bones would be snared/stunned/bugged whatever and stamcro is left with same dizzy/onslaught/executioner pack as stamDK.
    Nightblade definitely needs buff, but it is not like they are completely outclassed by everybody else, so imo rating is biased.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you look at the various other video's he has done(this being the final one) he has looked at there utility in all elements of PvP.

He isn't saying they are better at everything more that one is better in a group and one is better solo etc...
    The rest of the video's are well worth watching.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess WW would be... "Z" tier ? :joy::D
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look at the various other video's he has done(this being the final one) he has looked at there utility in all elements of PvP.

He isn't saying they are better at everything more that one is better in a group and one is better solo etc...

I looked them all partially... his arguments maybe valid but ranking stamcro same as stamden and placing stamplar as 2nd weakest stamclass, while also telling that both NB are unplayable. (Rank D) This all is just wildly against what I personally see in practice, so I respectfully disagree with this rating.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Idk, I play on PC EU and 90% of solo players are stamplars, stamdens and magDKs. StamDKs are very rare sight as well as stamcro. Meanwhile in rating stamcro is rated as stamden... well, I understand that I'm average player and isth3renoetc is top player. Maybe in top player level duels/BGs stamcro rocks. In regular Cyrodiil bones would be snared/stunned/bugged whatever and stamcro is left with same dizzy/onslaught/executioner pack as stamDK.
    Nightblade definitely needs buff, but it is not like they are completely outclassed by everybody else, so imo rating is biased.

I am also on PC EU and i do see a lot of stamden and stamplars. Stam DK's I would say is very common sight I see them in a lot of BG's, IC and cyrodill. MagDK aren't very good solo... 1v1 they are still very strong, out numbered they are very tough. It takes along time to line up their burst where as a lot of classes can achieve the same damage with 2 -3 skills.

I think it is impossible to make a video totally unbiased based on class potential, but what he is mainly presenting here is what each class has in there kit to offer a group. Quite rightly he has pointed out nightblades have very little and classes that can't line up hard hitting combo's as fast. There are a lot of elements that are subjective, but he plays all the classes so his preference is probably less so than most.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on January 16, 2020 10:15AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess WW would be... "Z" tier ? :joy::D

It didn't get a mention did it?! :lol:
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I looked them all partially... his arguments maybe valid but ranking stamcro same as stamden and placing stamplar as 2nd weakest stamclass, while also telling that both NB are unplayable. (Rank D) This all is just wildly against what I personally see in practice, so I respectfully disagree with this rating.

fair enough :smiley:
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shaloknir wrote: »
    Thanks! Nice analysis from @Isth3reno1else. Nightblades stand out. I hope Zenimax acknowledges this and buffs nightblades.

And Im a templar main (havent played templar seriously for a year though).

I am currently leveling nightblade (level 17 now). Ton of fun so far.
    NB is strong class but require massive skill and understanding of game mechanic I also cried when I play nb but after fews month hundreds of bg hours in cyro. I can not say NB is weaker compare to other my class based on PvP meter numbers.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potato easy play classes in cyro are stamDK and magSorc. They just have insane utility defence skills and really huge burst. Both can they good amount of beating and still have damage on any decent gear combination.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I agree with Isth3reno1else. Nice & interesting tier list. Shows clearly different aspects of each class & how good/bad classes are and how huge difference there is between them.

It is nice to see it right before the next PTS, as it shows a good insights & can be a good feedback for the devs

Awesome job @Isth3reno1else !
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Potato easy play classes in cyro are stamDK and magSorc. They just have insane utility defence skills and really huge burst. Both can they good amount of beating and still have damage on any decent gear combination.

Not good as Templar have at least magsorc
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree with this ranking. It does not take into consideration skill that have utility. Because of this reason its bias. A example of this is to say magic nightblade is not 1 of the best large scale pvp classes due to the sucker punch skill cloak. Or magic dk isn't amazing solo. Magic dk has the best class element damage in the game fire. Fire damage equal death to vampire with25% increase in damage. Dk also has a guarantee in with the gap closer ultimate leap. The best single target cc and control in the game with a 7m fossilize. No sorry this chart is wrong and bias and simply isn't true. I like this guy content but I disagree on this one. I do however agree with magic vs stam is weak. I also agree with dlc classes are over preforming compare to other classes. In my opinion all other classes should be buff or dlc classes should be nerf. Not just dk and nightblades.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do not agree with this ranking. It does not take into consideration skill that have utility. Because of this reason its bias. A example of this is to say magic nightblade is not 1 of the best large scale pvp classes due to the sucker punch skill cloak. Or magic dk isn't amazing solo. Magic dk has the best class element damage in the game fire. Fire damage equal death to vampire with25% increase in damage. Dk also has a guarantee in with the gap closer ultimate leap. The best single target cc and control in the game with a 7m fossilize. No sorry this chart is wrong and bias and simply isn't true. I like this guy content but I disagree on this one. I do however agree with magic vs stam is weak. I also agree with dlc classes are over preforming compare to other classes. In my opinion all other classes should be buff or dlc classes should be nerf. Not just dk and nightblades.

You have never played a dk.... I know this from the numerous nerf threads you make about every class except the one you play.

DK are good 1 v 1, but not solo. There damage takes too long to be effective and they have zero mobility. If you are dying to leaps on there own you need to look at you build. You could also streak, roll dodge, block and then streak away... It shouldn't be an issue for you.

I don't play a nightblade, but I can tell you they aren't in a good spot. He discussed utility of all the classes. What they add solo and to a group... Cloak obviously adds nothing to the group...
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrong the best classes are support classes in pve the jack of all trades into pvp. Templar, dk, nerco, warden. Dont believe me. Go to pvp and you will find that large majority of pvp is these classes. There is a reason for this. The down side is very small to these classes. Your allow to be extra tank and have high damage while healing.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wrong the best classes are support classes in pve the jack of all trades into pvp. Templar, dk, nerco, warden. Dont believe me. Go to pvp and you will find that large majority of pvp is these classes. There is a reason for this. The down side is very small to these classes. Your allow to be extra tank and have high damage while healing.

Are you part of a guild? What server and platform? I know some incredible mag sorcs who could help you...

Maybe then you wouldn't feel as though every class has an advantage over you and instead you would feel dominant.

At least post your build and let people help you with it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What makes you think magsorc has poor support? There’s a difference between not having it and not using it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    No no no I will block this. Thank god I have a voice. This pts cycle I'm going to make a tier list and a what needs help. Thank you but no thank you. I see were this is going and I say respectfully not today satan.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No no no I will block this. Thank god I have a voice. This pts cycle I'm going to make a tier list and a what needs help. Thank you but no thank you. I see were this is going and I say respectfully not today satan.

At least you have finally learned to block :lol:
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a voice here that nobody agrees with but please do maybe we can then go a few months without having to tell you to block that leap and to learn to sorc without hiding behind and relying on those pets..
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I was wondering which tier list sparked this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508107/what-needs-help-in-game-by-a-un-bias-source-aka-a-tier-ranking

I guess that's my question answered.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on Xbox EU I'd say (at the duel spots, so 1v1) Stamcro is up there with stamden for sure, they both have that extra component of their burst the others don't.

You've got Stam DK's doing 3 button burst Dizzy -> Leap - > Exe and hitting 30k burst with high damage builds which is insane, but StamCro/Den has sub/bb to go along with it which is even stronger.

Stamplars are great at staying alive and keeping themselves out of damage but the rotation isn't so basic (i.e. potl requires setting up, unlie sub) - Although, I agree that the majority of players are on stamplars now, all they do is turtle up and stay alive in my experience and if BRP was nerfed, most of them wouldn't even exist.

Stam Nb get's blitzed on hard, sure they can stealth about and one burst 300cp zerglings but that's about it.

You have never played a dk.... I know this from the numerous nerf threads you make about every class except the one you play.

DK are good 1 v 1, but not solo. There damage takes too long to be effective and they have zero mobility. If you are dying to leaps on there own you need to look at you build. You could also streak, roll dodge, block and then streak away... It shouldn't be an issue for you.

I don't play a nightblade, but I can tell you they aren't in a good spot. He discussed utility of all the classes. What they add solo and to a group... Cloak obviously adds nothing to the group...

StamDK burst is insane, if yours isn't it may be your build that needs looked at.
    Edited by BNOC on January 16, 2020 3:55PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

on Xbox EU I'd say (at the duel spots, so 1v1) Stamcro is up there with stamden for sure, they both have that extra component of their burst the others don't.

You've got Stam DK's doing 3 button burst Dizzy -> Leap - > Exe and hitting 30k burst with high damage builds which is insane, but StamCro/Den has sub/bb to go along with it which is even stronger.

Stamplars are great at staying alive and keeping themselves out of damage but the rotation isn't so basic (i.e. potl requires setting up, unlie sub) - Although, I agree that the majority of players are on stamplars now, all they do is turtle up and stay alive in my experience and if BRP was nerfed, most of them wouldn't even exist.

Stam Nb get's blitzed on hard, sure they can stealth about and one burst 300cp zerglings but that's about it.

StamDK burst is insane, if yours isn't it may be your build that needs looked at.

I play magdk... It does very well and I'm not complaining. Just pheonixkungfu triggering me with his ignorance 😂
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ghees did u even watch the videos?....
    He puts stamplar in S-tier for both solo and smallscale.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on January 16, 2020 5:29PM
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have stamplar in S tier solo, and a tier in small scale, they're just not as good in large groups due to their burst(potl) being single target.

jabs are aoe, but aoe burst with necro and stamden are better in my opinion for large group wipes.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ghees did u even checked the end of each videos....
    He puts stamplar in S-tier for both solo and smallscale.
    Way above mdk.

What he said, lol
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mag dk leap tooltip- 20k if you're lucky

stam dk leap tooltip- 30k+

Fire damage isn't offsetting the disparity here. Stam is just superior to magicka solo, that's why magicka is underperforming in that environment. Mag is better in group play, mag dk has an A grade in those environments. How is this bias? lol