Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What needs help in game by a un bias source. Aka a tier ranking

phoenixkungfu
phoenixkungfu
✭✭✭✭
Hi all, I have played eso for over 4 years. My biggest issue during these four year has been gameplay direction. I recently saw a tier list that was shocking because the person that post the content I like alot. However I simply disagree with and that's ok. I believe that fixing issues in gameplay can get bias real quickly even from my veiw point by making a teir list. Which is why I dont believe in teir list. I believe in player skill making the most out of his or her playstyle. Because of this I believe it is a wrong decision and direction to look at eso in terms a teir list. Instead I believe we should look at classes in terms of play as you want. Some classes simply are not competitive compared to other classes in some categories of dps, healer or tank. I believe we should rank roles, popularity and ask why they are popular. To keep the game from being over populated by any particular play style. Here is a un bias source of information on each category. Please check it out.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes
Edited by phoenixkungfu on January 16, 2020 2:53PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, I have played eso for over 4 years. My biggest issue during these four year has been gameplay direction. I recently saw a tier list that was shocking because the person that post the content I like alot. However I simply disagree with and that's ok. I believe that fixing issues in gameplay can get bias real quickly even from my veiw point by making a teir list. Which is why I dont believe in teir list. I believe in player skill making the most out of his or her playstyle. Because of this I believe it is a wrong decision and direction to look at eso in terms a teir list. Instead I believe we should look at classes in terms of play as you want. Some classes simply are not competitive compared to other classes in some categories of dps, healer or tank. Here is a un bias source of information on each category. Please check it out.

Lol every source is biased.

A lot of people get triggered when people (correctly) point out that their class is on a high tier because they are afraid ZOS will nerf it. If you don't believe in a tier system, why don;t you go ahead and roll a mag NB and try to do anything in cyrodiil that doesn't inolve being in an organized group that does the whole "proxy in 3,2,1..." bit and then come back and tell us how your skill with the class is enabling you to beat people who are actually good on a DK, Warden, or Templar.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 16, 2020 2:51PM
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again, I believe in play style and not teir list. Because of this my honest issue is not with classes. It with issue of a classes skill helping out a player play style to much during any 1 action. Issue like a stun on a gap closer or healing during a attack.
    I also have a issue with the roles in eso. Before dlc classes my opinion was some classes are just better as a tank, dps or heal. After dlc classes, my opinion changed. It a unfair advantage to have a class that excels at every role vs one that doesn't. All classes should be competitive at the idea of play as you want. No class should be poor in any area. All classes should be good in any area. Good in terms of link.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to keep in mind is that none of those "poor" classes are actually so bad at their role that they aren't viable in the hands of a competent player.

They are just "poor" in comparison to the others for end game content.

Like Stam Sorcs. Sorc got a "poor" rating for Stam DD.
    Why? Stam Sorcs can do excellent PVE DPS, easily enough to clear the content.
    Well, its because Stam Sorcs bring the least to the trials group compared to other options. Because of their AOE focus, they tend to lag behind the other stam builds in single target damage and they don't have as much group buffs and utility.

Its the same with Sorc and Nightblade tanks. They are viable for the job of trials tank, but if you lined up all 6 classes and evaluated their suitability for the job of "end game PVE tank" those two end up with the least amount of group utility...most of the time. Its not that those classes can't tank, its just that most trials groups aren't going to call on them first.

(Note I'm talking about trials. Below that level, the meta simply doesn't matter as a competent player on any class/role is going to be viable. In PVP, again, the skill of the player is going to do a lot more than the build - I say, having been the noob player with a meta build who got crushed. PVP tiers come in more when talking about experienced players.)

And that's really what most lists like these amount to: who gets picked first for the gym class dodgeball teams trials.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 16, 2020 3:26PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loool unbiased but doesnt play other classes ..

It's ok to disagree with his list but he plays all classes and has more insight into how these classes play than you do I guarantee that much.

I'm going to ask you again have you created a dk and played it in cyrodiil yet? No you say? /Thread
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something to keep in mind is that none of those "poor" classes are actually so bad at their role that they aren't viable in the hands of a competent player.

Well, its because Stam Sorcs bring the least to the trials group compared to other options. Because of their AOE focus, they tend to lag behind the other stam builds in single target damage and they don't have as much group buffs and utility.

Its the same with Sorc and Nightblade tanks. They are viable for the job of trials tank, but if you lined up all 6 classes and evaluated their suitability for the job of "end game PVE tank" those two end up with the least amount of group utility...most of the time. Its not that those classes can't tank, its just that most trials groups aren't going to call on them first.

(Note I'm talking about trials. Below that level, the meta simply doesn't matter as a competent player on any class/role is going to be viable. In PVP, again, the skill of the player is going to do a lot more than the build - I say, having been the noob player with a meta build who got crushed. PVP tiers come in more when talking about experienced players.)

And that's really what most lists like these amount to: who gets picked first for the gym class dodgeball teams trials.

Now we are getting somewhere. This is the true issue at hand. The dlc classes are being pick for all roles and are super popular. This threatens the game to become boring.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soooo you complain that an independant wiki that almost anyone can edit has ranked roles/classes in ESO ?

Why do you complain here, instead of... on this wiki page you point out ?

Or maybe you did already ?
    Class Roles and Race Suggestions should be removed due to the nature of the skills/builds in this game. Every class can play every role with every race well if not better than some of the suggestions here
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh oh, Sorc and DK fight about rankings... then reach common ground, both agree about nerfing warden.

You have to admit it’s pretty funny.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 16, 2020 5:00PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

It's ok to disagree with his list but he plays all classes and has more insight into how these classes play than you do I guarantee that much.

I'm going to ask you again have you created a dk and played it in cyrodiil yet? No you say? /Thread

You can attack me and start the take attention off of topic technic or technic to to get this post close but I simply respectfully disagree. Yes I have many hour log in every class. But like any player I have a main. A class that I like the most. Its sorcerer. I also like lighting attacks visual. I always have played sorcerer in any mmo.
    All the way back to golden axe.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Oh oh, Sorc and DK fight about rankings... then reach common ground, both agree about nerfing warden.

You have to admit it’s pretty funny.

Lol
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, I believe in play style and not teir list. Because of this my honest issue is not with classes. It with issue of a classes skill helping out a player play style to much during any 1 action. Issue like a stun on a gap closer or healing during a attack.
    I also have a issue with the roles in eso. Before dlc classes my opinion was some classes are just better as a tank, dps or heal. After dlc classes, my opinion changed. It a unfair advantage to have a class that excels at every role vs one that doesn't. All classes should be competitive at the idea of play as you want. No class should be poor in any area. All classes should be good in any area. Good in terms of link.

They all would be if people stopped whining that "over-performing" skills aren't fair.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 16, 2020 5:18PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just preparing myself for the warden nerf that's inevitable. It's was fun for a patch. Now back to the bottom with us.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can attack me and start the take attention off of topic technic or technic to to get this post close but I simply respectfully disagree. Yes I have many hour log in every class. But like any player I have a main. A class that I like the most. Its sorcerer. I also like lighting attacks visual. I always have played sorcerer in any mmo.

could you share your DK build? I can share my msorc build
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

I would but this is a bait. So I will pass
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll share it. Bloodspawn, fury, NMA.
    PvP needs more love.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I'm just preparing myself for the warden nerf that's inevitable. It's was fun for a patch. Now back to the bottom with us.

Jack of a trade classes will always be tanky. I just dont think the damage without trade off thing might happen.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, I have played eso for over 4 years. My biggest issue during these four year has been gameplay direction. I recently saw a tier list that was shocking because the person that post the content I like alot. However I simply disagree with and that's ok. I believe that fixing issues in gameplay can get bias real quickly even from my veiw point by making a teir list. Which is why I dont believe in teir list. I believe in player skill making the most out of his or her playstyle. Because of this I believe it is a wrong decision and direction to look at eso in terms a teir list. Instead I believe we should look at classes in terms of play as you want. Some classes simply are not competitive compared to other classes in some categories of dps, healer or tank. Here is a un bias source of information on each category. Please check it out.

Pretty much this and OP is one of the most biased in the forums as they constantly push what their opinion is and constantly claims they are correct even when they ignore actual information that suggests otherwise. LOL.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Pretty much this and OP is one of the most biased in the forums as they constantly push what their opinion is and constantly claims they are correct even when they ignore actual information that suggests otherwise. LOL.

Smh I gave the most unbias option. To focus on all class preforming at the level of dlc classes. In term of aoe damage dps, healing and tank. That un bias and is not even based on my opinion. It's TRUE sorcerer are last pick for tank role and stam dps. It's TRUE nightblade are second to last pick for tank role. All other classes are in a great place. Except original dps classes the identity is lost in my opinion. If sorcerer and nightblade are not the top dps then who are they? Sorcerer dont even feel like the best pet option anymore or aoe. Overload feel super weak do to range nerf. The list goes on.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or you just lied about the DK you have

In any case there's nothing wrong playing only one class. What's wrong is playing one class while complaining about other classes

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Smh I gave the most unbias option. To focus on all class preforming at the level of dlc classes. In term of aoe damage dps, healing and tank. That un bias and is not even based on my opinion. It's TRUE sorcerer are last pick for tank role and stam dps. It's TRUE nightblade are second to last pick for tank role. All other classes are in a great place. Except original dps classes the identity is lost in my opinion. If sorcerer and nightblade are not the top dps then who are they? Sorcerer dont even feel like the best pet option anymore or aoe. Overload feel super weak do to range nerf. The list goes on.

Sorcs at some point were top DPS but not because of OL

anyway, Sorcs are the best class for burst dmg in PvP, followed by NBs. The problem is that the whole meta of PvP has shifted towards sustained dmg... but even in that case, stamsorc has the full pack for dealing great sustained dmg

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we are getting somewhere. This is the true issue at hand. The dlc classes are being pick for all roles and are super popular. This threatens the game to become boring.

I'm not sure how you got "Boo, DLC classes are too good" out of what I wrote when I was very specifically saying the "poor" choice classes are only poor in comparison to the others under very specific circumstances.

Seriously, you wanna complain about "DLC classes are popular and so ESO is boring"?

Um, how about the years when if you wanted to tank end game content, you rolled a DK? The years when if you wanted to heal end game content, you rolled a Templar?

There will always, always be a meta. But having options for various roles doesn't make ESO boring.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure how you got "Boo, DLC classes are too good" out of what I wrote when I was very specifically saying the "poor" choice classes are only poor in comparison to the others under very specific circumstances.

Seriously, you wanna complain about "DLC classes are popular and so ESO is boring"?

Um, how about the years when if you wanted to tank end game content, you rolled a DK? The years when if you wanted to heal end game content, you rolled a Templar?

There will always, always be a meta. But having options for various roles doesn't make ESO boring.

It can make things boring. If end game pve is all about how many dlc characters are on the team. Last patch it was meta to run 100% necromancer. The ultimate is that good. Its can because boring if meta is pretty much the same 2h or spin to win stam builds. That is optimize if you use a dlc class in pvp. I would say 80% or more of pvp ps4 is this. Only the crazy die hard fans still play their build because they like it. Most player are meta chasers and that can get boring fast.
    Edited by phoenixkungfu on January 16, 2020 9:20PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What this all boils down to: the OP will not be happy until their precious Sorc stands atop the DPS tier list forever and ever, amen.

If their Sorc is not at the top of the DPS tier list, then Sorc has no identity whatsoever. Woe and calamities be upon us.

Also, ESO is boring when the DLC classes are at the top of the DPS tier list, but, oh happy day, this will magically not be a problem for anyone once Sorcs take their rightful place at the top of the DPS tier lists forever and ever, amen.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most player are meta chasers and that can get boring fast.

Welcome to Boring, then. There will always be a meta - something that does 1k more DPS than the rest or is slightly most effective - and people will flock to it. And people who don't like seeing players flock to the meta will be bored.

You know what won't help with that?
    Complaining that your Sorc isn't the current meta for DPS.

Step 1: Buff Sorc to top of DPS tier list!
    Step 2: Meta chasers swap to Sorc.
    Step 3: Non-Sorc players say "ZOS, its really boring when everyone plays Sorc..."

You are complaining about something that's literally the nature of the beast.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nightblade tank is actually among the best tank you can Play Right now in PvE. Sunspire maintank is Always a nightblade if your Group can somehow organize one and its Pretty good in stam Groups too.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

What this all boils down to: the OP will not be happy until their precious Sorc stands atop the DPS tier list forever and ever, amen.

If their Sorc is not at the top of the DPS tier list, then Sorc has no identity whatsoever. Woe and calamities be upon us.

Also, ESO is boring when the DLC classes are at the top of the DPS tier list, but, oh happy day, this will magically not be a problem for anyone once Sorcs take their rightful place at the top of the DPS tier lists forever and ever, amen.

Your funny, it's also ok if sorcerer or nightblade are top tanks...healer something other then dlc classes are the best. Well dk are still the best tank so that's good
    Edited by phoenixkungfu on January 16, 2020 9:33PM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say since I came back every class that I have come across that is well built and properly geared is about equal it’s just player skill I think.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranking classes without bias is impossible. Refer to Historiography and Quantum Mechanics for reasons.

Though you could collect data with the intent to help come up with a way to focus efforts. Examples related to class usefulness can be obtained from player's determined usefulness by their choices (which class they choose).

Ie suppose one of ZoS's goals is to get value out of the classes they develop. They can collect data on usage of each class and the crown spend of each. If a class is way underutilized and only attracts non-crown spenders, they might see if a buff pumps that up.

Or from player perspective. "X class is terrible". Sure, does the data should say <10-12% utilization? If so, it might need some attention.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's TRUE sorcerer are last pick for tank role and stam dps. It's TRUE nightblade are second to last pick for tank role.

It's TRUE because you write it with capital letters ? What allows you to say that ?

My second character is a Sorcerer Tank. IMO he performs 200% better than my DKtank ever did.
    Other players that seen him in action could tell you it's a solid setup.

And check the dungeon rankings, you will see that NBtanks are quite well placed (even veteran HM).
    All other classes are in a great place.

So there's no class last pick for healer role ? They're all equal ?
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    MerguezMan wrote: »
    It's TRUE sorcerer are last pick for tank role and stam dps. It's TRUE nightblade are second to last pick for tank role.

It depends on content. Recent I think <4min gryphonheart used a Sorc tank's valuable class buff. I think half of a steamer's HM DLC dungeon duo runs were done with a Sorc tank.

We get into meta ruts in end-game sometimes building around the new and old favorites. The commonly used meta is not always the best. EG suppose next patch the absolute optimal group for all trials would call for a templar tank. That may not actually be used as they're aren't many around and it could change by the next patch before many get around to making one.

And recall support PvE roles have often more to do with what DD classes you don't use to fill the gaps not the capability of that class for the role generally.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......................Stam DPS Magicka DPS Tanking Healing
    Dragonknight Good Good Excellent Poor
    Necromancer Excellent Good Good Good
    Nightblade..... Excellent Good Poor Poor
    Sorcerer......... Poor Excellent Poor Good
    Templar......... Good Good Good Excellent
    Warden.......... Excellent Good Good Good
    The "unbiased source of information".
    Here is a un bias source of information on each category. Please check it out.

Downvote.
    Edited by zvavi on January 17, 2020 1:12AM