Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Social Ban

Blackleopardex
Blackleopardex
✭✭✭✭
I have barley played this week, one pve-raid on Wednesday and some guild-store listing. Yesterday I realized that my account is social banned, means I can not send mail, trade, access guild-store/bank, write in; group, whisper ect.

I can't think of any activity that I have done that can have lead to this social ban and the worst part is, that my gf has the same problem on both her accounts. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thx Zos for taking away two of the few things I still enjoy in this game; trading and chatting, and not responding on my ticket except for a automated message telling me to check if I'm in offline mode or have my chat filtered.
6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭
    Even tho I wrote a very detailed ticket about my issue, I also got a automated mesasge :
    Greetings,
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.
    We are aware of some players experiencing usability issues with the Group Finder. We are looking to solve technical issues in future updates, but your issue may be solved by one of the troubleshooting tips below:
    15 minute wait period
    Players incur a 15 minute wait period if they leave a group or the group is disbanded. This is to encourage players to finish the activity they originally queued up for via the Group Finder, and dissuade them from immediately leaving a newly formed group. The game restricts players from using Group Finder again for 15 minutes after the initial group creation.

Sometimes, unfortunately, a group leader will disband the party which bestows the 15 minute wait period on the group before queueing for a new activity.
    Group Immediately Disbanding
    In most cases, logging out to the character select screen again and then back in or loading into a brand new zone will resolve group-related issues.
    If the issue persists after re-logging, you can try reforming the group you were in when the issue occurred and then disbanding it. You can also try joining a large group and asking the group leader to disband it. This can help reset your UI. To prevent this from happening in the future, we recommend not logging out of the game while still in a group.
    Not finding Group
    Some players may experience an issue when using the Looking for Group function in which they never succeed in finding a group. This can occur when players either do not have a role selected when they begin the search or they start a search with one role but then attempt to change to another before the search ends. Players can bypass this issue by selecting their desired role before they begin a Looking for Group search and not switching to another role before the search completes.

If these troubleshooting steps don't solve your issue, feel free to reply to this email for continued assistance.

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

wich has just really nothing to do with my issue.....
    besides that, the support sorted my issue under the cache : Group/Dungeon/Activitytool
    what is also totally wrong
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In order to get a person to help you, you have to respond to that automated message and explain everything again.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yoku wrote: »
    Even tho I wrote a very detailed ticket about my issue, I also got a automated mesasge :
    Greetings,
    We are aware of some players experiencing usability issues with the Group Finder. We are looking to solve technical issues in future updates, but your issue may be solved by one of the troubleshooting tips below:
    15 minute wait period
    Players incur a 15 minute wait period if they leave a group or the group is disbanded. This is to encourage players to finish the activity they originally queued up for via the Group Finder, and dissuade them from immediately leaving a newly formed group. The game restricts players from using Group Finder again for 15 minutes after the initial group creation.

Sometimes, unfortunately, a group leader will disband the party which bestows the 15 minute wait period on the group before queueing for a new activity.
    In most cases, logging out to the character select screen again and then back in or loading into a brand new zone will resolve group-related issues.
    If the issue persists after re-logging, you can try reforming the group you were in when the issue occurred and then disbanding it. You can also try joining a large group and asking the group leader to disband it. This can help reset your UI. To prevent this from happening in the future, we recommend not logging out of the game while still in a group.
    Not finding Group
    Some players may experience an issue when using the Looking for Group function in which they never succeed in finding a group. This can occur when players either do not have a role selected when they begin the search or they start a search with one role but then attempt to change to another before the search ends. Players can bypass this issue by selecting their desired role before they begin a Looking for Group search and not switching to another role before the search completes.

If these troubleshooting steps don't solve your issue, feel free to reply to this email for continued assistance.

Warm Regards,

besides that, the support sorted my issue under the cache : Group/Dungeon/Activitytool

That's the Ticket game with this company. First response is automated and probably does not even address the issue. You must then respond to That saying it did not fix the issue, and go back and forth until an actual person is responding to your issue.

Its a really really stupid system, IMHO, but that's the game they call ' customer support'.

IMHO

:#
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Yoku wrote: »
    Greetings,
    15 minute wait period

Not finding Group

Warm Regards,

That's the Ticket game with this company. First response is automated and probably does not even address the issue. You must then respond to That saying it did not fix the issue, and go back and forth until an actual person is responding to your issue.

Its a really really stupid system, IMHO, but that's the game they call ' customer support'.

IMHO

:#

oh dude, i did.... and expend and expend because i found mor and more *** i could not do, waiting on agent for i think 18 hours now..........
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    In order to get a person to help you, you have to respond to that automated message and explain everything again.

I did that instantly yesterday.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just remember there are 1000's of ppl with tickets everyday that all need replies there are 1000's of ppl in front of you waiting for responses, it takes time be patient and stay polite
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    just remember there are 1000's of ppl with tickets everyday that all need replies there are 1000's of ppl in front of you waiting for responses, it takes time be patient and stay polite

You all seem to think that I'm unaware of how the support works and that it might take time. Yes it is annoying that I been waiting long. However I was interested to hear if anyone else had encountered the same issues this week, since I know of 4 accounts in total that got social banned without understanding why.
    Edited by Blackleopardex on January 11, 2020 10:11AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You all seem to think that I'm unaware of how the support works and that it might take time. Yes it is annoying that I been waiting long. However I was interested to hear if anyone else had encountered the same issues this week, since I know of 4 accounts in total that got social banned without understanding why.

do you use any addons that use automated mail or chat functions? if something flags as spamming this can lead to a social ban as the system is automated
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am usually very careful what I say in zone chat, everyone is triggered by everything these days. What used to be a simple joke is now a bannable offense. The SJW movement is strong. If you are 1000% sure you didn't say anything triggering then idk what to tell you but its the same in all MMOs now. I fear of getting muted/banned now so I just don't chat outside of discord. (results may vary when drunk)
    do you use any addons that use automated mail or chat functions? if something flags as spamming this can lead to a social ban as the system is automated

I'm not sure its automated, maybe the flagging part if you're reported, but it is inspected by a gm and they send you a transcript of what you get muted/banned for.
    Edited by Rukia541 on January 11, 2020 10:24AM
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

As I stated before I have not done anything that should trigger a social ban, including your mentions. That's why it's annoying and weird.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's often an automail/message addon that triggers it. Do NOT start new tickets, it resets you in the queue. Just politely tell them what happened in the same mail/ticket, and give it a day or three, they investigate, and un-ban.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

As I stated before I have not done anything that should trigger a social ban, including your mentions. That's why it's annoying and weird.

Speaking as an Xbox Ambassador. You did something to get the ban. I don't know what system you're on? PC, PS4, Xbox One? They don't ban you because of the feel like it. You have to have done something? Problem is that they being ESO will never tell you what those reasons are. Just because of you and you GF can't recall anything? It doesn't mean you didn't something to violate the rules. And that's coming from personal experiance. Wait you said you and your GF play this game? How often do you message one another on average? In-game and what system you're on? Because I think I know why you got the ban?
    Edited by SocialAssassin on January 11, 2020 11:27AM
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. In b4 locked

2. If it's just a temporary ban and you barely play during the week then isn't it just a minor inconvenience really? Just wait until the ban has been lifted & be more careful about what you say/write in future
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw. remember they WILL read what caused the ban-hammer-atomatic :)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would social ban everyone
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean OP says he only enjoys 2 things about EDO.
    1. Trading
    2. CHAT

I’m guessing OP enjoys chat a little too much
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past, social bans often happen when using addons that have chat functions or send mails. Those are the usual culprit.

Sending a lot of mail will also do it.

However, it's also happened when the server backs up for a bit and stalls on sending the messages from your client as you've been trading/chatting/playing. Then it catches up and dumps everything at once, causing the system to flag you for spamming even though on your end you were playing normally.

Either way, the only way to handle it is to go through Support, of course.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off your addons, reload ui and see if that works.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a spell of this happening to me last year. The problem was that the game kept flagging me as a bot because I was looking through the wares of some guild merchants too quickly. I would be reset back to normal within a day or two. Still a pain. I would submit a ticket with each new ban. Offered to prove my humanity. They eventually saw the problem, realized that I am no bot and fixed it where it has not bothered me since. I have also slowed down looking through stuff.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some rude and insulting comments from this thread. Please keep the discussion civil. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: Zos has responded to me and removed the social ban, no explanation was given. My gf have yet to get a response.

@SocialAssassin When you really don't play much for a week it's easy to remember the little you did so no.
    And we play on pc-eu...
    Edited by Blackleopardex on January 11, 2020 7:28PM
  • bracer2121b14_ESO
    bracer2121b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem, all 3 of my accounts are doing the same. Created a ticket and have never heard from them.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, all 3 of my accounts are doing the same. Created a ticket and have never heard from them.

Might want to check that ticket, might be they responded but the email ended in your spam box.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Zos has responded to me and removed the social ban, no explanation was given. My gf have yet to get a response.

@SocialAssassin When you really don't play much for a week it's easy to remember the little you did so no.
    And we play on pc-eu...

Make sure she replies to every response she gets, but only once. Each time you reply, you get thrown to the back of the queue, so repeatedly replying will delay a response.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    I mean OP says he only enjoys 2 things about EDO.
    1. Trading
    2. CHAT

I’m guessing OP enjoys chat a little too much

I said two of the things I still enjoy, not the only two things I enjoy, maybe read it proper.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bracer2121b14_ESO

Could you provide us with any of your ticket numbers?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • nova15
    nova15
    Soul Shriven

You must be one of the luckiest ones... I have been banned since December 29th... Same thing as you I have no idea what I did other then Scanning for prices with TTC. I don't talk to anyone except my family and friends...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nova15 wrote: »

You must be one of the luckiest ones... I have been banned since December 29th... Same thing as you I have no idea what I did other then Scanning for prices with TTC. I don't talk to anyone except my family and friends...

A common reply from players that have been banned ... which is why we don't usually discuss account ban specifics in the forums.

Be sure to be persistent but polite when following up on your ticket.

Not every player case is the same. Not every ticket takes the same time to resolve.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    And again. :)
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭
    can anyone atleast explain why?? getting social banned twice in 2 months out of nowhere, when u are not even playing much anymore is pretty ***. ZOS, so u actually want us to quit the game?? having anyway not much time to play anymore and then getting social banned for really no reason is a real D?!kmove. well perfect, im also banned again