Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best starting healing sets?

Freakin_Hytte
Freakin_Hytte
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I've have decided to make my PvP magden into a PvE healer, because it's the last role I don't have and would be nice to have the option to run as a healer. I know there's aaaa lot of healer sets that are useful in different ways, but have never payed any mind when people have been talking about them.

So I'm wondering, what sets are the best basic sets which I can use for vet dlc dungeons (mainly going to play) and trials? And which should I get after that?

I'm looking to have 4 different healing sets so that I can do some changes in trials with the other healer.
Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 15, 2019 2:39AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually you’ll want Perfected Olorime as a core set for Trials, @Freakin_Hytte ... but for vet DLC dungeon healing you can pretty much run whatever you want.

Starter sets are usually one (1) 5-pc sustain set plus one (1) 5-pc damage set. You probably already know from PvP heals that spell damage boosts your healing tooltips ... and spell crit boosts crit heals (both are reasons for having a damage set).

After that, you’ll want to farm healing support sets to help your Trial raid leader ... such as Jorvuld’s Guidance or Worm’s Raiment.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I've have decided to make my PvP magden into a PvE healer, because it's the last role I don't have and would be nice to have the option to run as a healer. I know there's aaaa lot of healer sets that are useful in different ways, but have never payed any mind when people have been talking about them.

So I'm wondering, what sets are the best basic sets which I can use for vet dlc dungeons (mainly going to play) and trials? And which should I get after that?

I'm looking to have 4 different healing sets so that I can do some changes in trials with the other healer.

For trials at least one healer is generally running Olorime, so if you intend to engage in trials healing you should probably have that set available. It can be paired with any number of other utility sets, such as Sanctuary, Worms Raiment, Jorvulds.

For dungeons, its pretty much the same, I always run with Sanctuary, Worms, or Jorvulds, paired with a set focused on damage, such as Spell Power Cure or Olorime.

Another set which some overlook, though it get more use these days, is Cold Harbours favour, which can put out decent damage and decent heals, its also craftable which makes it easy to get.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually you’ll want Perfected Olorime as a core set for Trials, @Freakin_Hytte ... but for vet DLC dungeon healing you can pretty much run whatever you want.

Starter sets are usually one (1) 5-pc sustain set plus one (1) 5-pc damage set. You probably already know from PvP heals that spell damage boosts your healing tooltips ... and spell crit boosts crit heals (both are reasons for having a damage set).

After that, you’ll want to farm healing support sets to help your Trial raid leader ... such as Jorvuld’s Guidance or Worm’s Raiment.

Pretty much this. If you get into decent trial groups they will explain what they want you to run. I would suggest you will not have Perfected Olorime as most that heal in this game do not have access to it but you would be able to more easily get the non-perfect Olorime which does just fine.

You might want to list the actual sets you are considering.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally it's worthwhile to farm all sets mentioned above, because then you can be ready for any trial group. When I first started my healer, I worked on getting Sanctuary 1st because that was easy, and I paired it with Julianos until I completed a complimentary set.

(Never looked at Cold Harbour's, so I'll have to check that out. It's very useful when starting out to have crafted options).
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    For starting, Sanctuary and Mothers Sorrow, run that with earthgore or Iceheart.
    Masters resto
    Ancient Grace Jewelry for a bit of extra magicka
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭
    I will speak from trial healer perspective, but most of those sets do work in dungeons or other content.

So must have is Olorime, don't need to be perfect (specially thinking that there is not that many trial groups running vCR right now and well, you need to get into trial group first xD)

Z’en’s Redress
    Hollowfang Thirst - this and Z'en's are really nice sets, but they are hard to farm because those dungeons are very long, so for a start you could focus on sets lower on the list and Olo.
    Way Of Martial Knowledge - drops in craglorn, dirt cheap but staves in perfect traits are expensive)
    Jorvuld’s Guidance - just a very nice set, works well with pretty much anything.
    Hircine/Worm - those are easy to farm and if your group have lots of magica/stamina dds they will love you. But you need to run Hirchine with rings and staves (so no Masters/Asylum/BPA weapons)
    Eye Of Nahviintaas - Nice but situational if your group got sustain issues.
    Torug’s Pact - mostly for more optimized trial groups, but you can craft it, so just nice to have on the list.

And then ofc you have Sanctuary and Mending, those sets are good to store in your bank and put them on the list when you tell about your sets, but you will never use them because everything frm above is much better :D

Oh and absolutely no Spell Power Cure for trials.

So basically you cant start with: Martial Knowlege, Olorime, Jorvuld's, Worm and Hircine. Also keep in mind if you use Masters/Asylum/BPA healing staves it might limit your pool of sets that you can combine, because there is some sets that you want to have active on both bars (like Olo or Worm/Hircine)
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^great advice from Taemiru.

Olo, Hollow, and Zen are great because they work as "backbar" sets and powerful for trials. Those you want to farm the lightning staffs.

Two other are the Restorations staff from Vet DSA and Normal or Vet Blackrose Prison.

You also mentioned dungeons. Olorime plus one of the Resto staffs is a great base setup. Then anything goes. In fact unless it's truly a healer instance like BRP or MF a damage set like False God, Mother Sorrow, Necro, etc. are a great options too. Particularly on my Warden, I'll use Master Architect and Olorime a lot in dungeons.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gossamer + Blood Altar is also nice, you can just about keep it up 100%. Probably more used in progression groups that are first tackling content. 25% aoe damage mitigation is very nice for survival when learning.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taemiru wrote: »

Way Of Martial Knowledge - drops in craglorn, dirt cheap but staves in perfect traits are expensive)

Oh and absolutely no Spell Power Cure for trials.

So basically you cant start with: Martial Knowlege, Olorime, Jorvuld's, Worm and Hircine. Also keep in mind if you use Masters/Asylum/BPA healing staves it might limit your pool of sets that you can combine, because there is some sets that you want to have active on both bars (like Olo or Worm/Hircine)

I don't think I have ever seen a healer using Way of Martial Knowledge or for that matter Z'en's Redress. Neither of which seem like ideal options for a healer in a trial but certainly food for thought.

If a healer is still farming their gear, but wants to participate in trials, for instance to farm Olorime, most pug groups and indeed guild groups will be understanding, so having SPC would be fine. Most groups dont even ask what the healer is wearing actually! Vet trials and score/no death trials etc, those groups of course tend to be optimised.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akdave0 wrote: »
    For starting, Sanctuary and Mothers Sorrow, run that with earthgore or Iceheart.
    Masters resto

Don't waste your time with farming for Sanctuary. If someone ever tells you to run Sanctuary, you should question whether or not they are even aware of its tiny radius of effect.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Masters resto

Don't waste your time with farming for Sanctuary. If someone ever tells you to run Sanctuary, you should question whether or not they are even aware of its tiny radius of effect.

If you are further than 10m from your stacked dps in a trial, as a healer, you are probably doing it wrong. Obviously there will be exceptions but the point stands.

Sanctuary remains a staple for healers, particularly newer healers, even though is being displaced by more sexy sets.
    Edited by Grianasteri on January 7, 2020 12:11PM
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭

I don't think I have ever seen a healer using Way of Martial Knowledge or for that matter Z'en's Redress. Neither of which seem like ideal options for a healer in a trial but certainly food for thought.

If a healer is still farming their gear, but wants to participate in trials, for instance to farm Olorime, most pug groups and indeed guild groups will be understanding, so having SPC would be fine. Most groups dont even ask what the healer is wearing actually! Vet trials and score/no death trials etc, those groups of course tend to be optimised.

If you doing normal trials as a healer you can put on seducer + lich and then faceroll or spam healing springs and everything will be fine. Probably craglorn vet pugs will also not care about anything you wear long as you can spam healing springs (well, some peeps who record logs for fun will laugh at you after raid with their friends, but thats all). However for veteran trials those sets are must have, and farming SPC is complete waste of time if you can get Olo.

If you haven't seen healers use those sets then i would guess that your veteran trial experience must be more on the poor side, or you haven't been playing after Scalebreaker came out.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masters resto

If you are further than 10m from your stacked dps in a trial, as a healer, you are probably doing it wrong. Obviously there will be exceptions but the point stands.

Sanctuary remains a staple for healers, particularly newer healers, even though is being displaced by more sexy sets.

What groups prefer their healers to wear sanctuary? Are they clearing the challenging new content?
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭

Unless you doing content that puts strong healing debuff on the tank there is no point of having scantuary except for being able to say that you have sanctuary if needed.
    And most of "sexy" healer sets are as easy to farm as Sanctuary (or harder if we talk about damn lightning staff)
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you doing normal trials as a healer you can put on seducer + lich and then faceroll or spam healing springs and everything will be fine. Probably craglorn vet pugs will also not care about anything you wear long as you can spam healing springs (well, some peeps who record logs for fun will laugh at you after raid with their friends, but thats all). However for veteran trials those sets are must have, and farming SPC is complete waste of time if you can get Olo.

If you haven't seen healers use those sets then i would guess that your veteran trial experience must be more on the poor side, or you haven't been playing after Scalebreaker came out.

Ive done most trials on vet, not always with my healer admittedly. However, having been healing for the best part of 4+ years on and off, I say again, I have never come across an end game healer that chose to wear either Way of Martial Knowledge, or Z'en's. Having said this, neither do I participate in score /no death trial runs, so if they are meta there, fair enough.

I also said it was food for thought, eluding to the fact Im going to look into both sets and their functions more. Although I am maining dps presently, I have no doubt I will return to healing at some point. I am always looking to improve and gain experience!
    Edited by Grianasteri on January 7, 2020 1:50PM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Masters resto

What groups prefer their healers to wear sanctuary? Are they clearing the challenging new content?

Where did I say groups prefer their healer to wear Sanctuary? I said it remains a staple healing set, particularly for newer healers. Its easy to farm and it benefits a trial group. So is accessible and beneficial, two important factors.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you doing content that puts strong healing debuff on the tank there is no point of having scantuary except for being able to say that you have sanctuary if needed.
    And most of "sexy" healer sets are as easy to farm as Sanctuary (or harder if we talk about damn lightning staff)

In my experience Sanctuary is a relatively easy farm, for most folk, particularly lower level, less experienced, and/or newer healers. Which is an important factor.

I really find it bizarre that Sanctuary is getting so much hate. Its just a decent bog standard healing set. Use it or dont. Either way it remains easily accessible and beneficial to a trial group or any other group. The idea that extra healing done and received is useless is strange. And I stated openly that there are other "sexier" sets to use.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my experience Sanctuary is a relatively easy farm, for most folk, particularly lower level, less experienced, and/or newer healers. Which is an important factor.

I really find it bizarre that Sanctuary is getting so much hate. Its just a decent bog standard healing set. Use it or dont. Either way it remains easily accessible and beneficial to a trial group or any other group. The idea that extra healing done and received is useless is strange. And I stated openly that there are other "sexier" sets to use.

If you happen to have Sanctuary lying around and nothing else to run, sure, go ahead and use it. It's not terrible. But don't tell someone to waste their time farming for it. If it's a beginner learning to heal, have them just craft something. Juli or Kag or whatever. Experience is far more important than gear, and farming for a set like Sanctuary is just a waste of someone's time and effort. Spend that time getting experience healing or farming better sets like Worm or Olo.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masters resto

Where did I say groups prefer their healer to wear Sanctuary? I said it remains a staple healing set, particularly for newer healers. Its easy to farm and it benefits a trial group. So is accessible and beneficial, two important factors.

I think Code has spoken well to the value of time and the value of Sanctuary, that it is not time well spent.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masters resto

I think Code has spoken well to the value of time and the value of Sanctuary, that it is not time well spent.

Id tend to agree, though Sanctuary farm runs can be done in about 10 - 15 mins, from memory. Which compares rather favourably with time required to participate in a trial to farm trial gear, especially when also considering that for most folk, trials wont be available with anything like the same frequency a dungeon farm is.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you happen to have Sanctuary lying around and nothing else to run, sure, go ahead and use it. It's not terrible. But don't tell someone to waste their time farming for it. If it's a beginner learning to heal, have them just craft something. Juli or Kag or whatever. Experience is far more important than gear, and farming for a set like Sanctuary is just a waste of someone's time and effort. Spend that time getting experience healing or farming better sets like Worm or Olo.

I keep Worms around in case a trial leader asks for it, but for me Ive never favoured it cos often half a trial will be stam users rendering it far less beneficial, Id rather run Jorvulds or something, but happy to do whatevs the trial leader wants.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masters resto

Id tend to agree, though Sanctuary farm runs can be done in about 10 - 15 mins, from memory. Which compares rather favourably with time required to participate in a trial to farm trial gear, especially when also considering that for most folk, trials wont be available with anything like the same frequency a dungeon farm is.

I suggest you read what code said before. I will put out some bullet points.

1. If learning to heal craft some sets like Juli and Kag. Save that time and they work great.
    2. If you already have a set great, use it if you want, but do not waste your time farming it.

You seem to have missed both of those points in their last post. Farming gear in trials is rather irrelevant as the person is just beginning.
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭

Ive done most trials on vet, not always with my healer admittedly. However, having been healing for the best part of 4+ years on and off, I say again, I have never come across an end game healer that chose to wear either Way of Martial Knowledge, or Z'en's. Having said this, neither do I participate in score /no death trial runs, so if they are meta there, fair enough.

They are meta, here you can see MC using it in score run.
    https://www.esologs.com/reports/zvtVpCZm921Fd3bP#fight=57&type=summary&source=7

If you don't trust me, look at one of the best healers in the game guide, https://tabatta.eu/tabatta-heal-me-healplar-pve-guide/ Z'en's and Martial are in "The Must-Haves".
    You can still complete end game content with less optimal setups, it might provide less good stuff but it will work. But besides personal preference why would you recommend someone to go with things that are suboptimal?

(5 items) Increases your healing received by 12% for you and up to 11 group members within 10 meters of you.

Its increases healing taken, with a classic healer kit you already overheal, its useless for most of the games content and Worm/Hircine are just as easy to farm. You can put on some crafted magica recovery set and it will preform on the same lvl as Sanctuary because you don't need to overheal more than you already do.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masters resto

I suggest you read what code said before. I will put out some bullet points.

1. If learning to heal craft some sets like Juli and Kag. Save that time and they work great.
    2. If you already have a set great, use it if you want, but do not waste your time farming it.

You seem to have missed both of those points in their last post. Farming gear in trials is rather irrelevant as the person is just beginning.

Im not arguing against anything Code has said specifically. I'm making my own valid points and offering my own experience as someone who has healed at the highest level (exclusive of score/no death/HM trials etc - which most folk will never ever participate in), for some years.

I got a set of Sanctuary for a new healer some years back, in about 2 or 3 runs I seem to recall. And more recently we did the same for a guildie looking to start healing, couple of farm runs, 30 mins, *** bash bosh done, no excessive time or effort required. I guess my main point is its an easy accessible farm, and its useful. Sure, craft Kag etc, I love Kag and keep sets to use in levelling any new healer. Im still to make that Necro healer so it will get another run out at some point.

I dont think anything I am saying about Sanctuary is invalidated by what Code says, or vice versa. Each to their own.

ps, if a newer healer wants to start healing in Trials, with sets that will actually benefit the trial group, then clearly Sanctuary is not useless or to be discounted as you suggest. It remains a viable option.
    Edited by Grianasteri on January 7, 2020 2:49PM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't trust me, look at one of the best healers in the game guide, https://tabatta.eu/tabatta-heal-me-healplar-pve-guide/ Z'en's and Martial are in "The Must-Haves".
    You can still complete end game content with less optimal setups, it might provide less good stuff but it will work. But besides personal preference why would you recommend someone to go with things that are suboptimal?

(5 items) Increases your healing received by 12% for you and up to 11 group members within 10 meters of you.

Its increases healing taken, with a classic healer kit you already overheal, its useless for most of the games content and Worm/Hircine are just as easy to farm. You can put on some crafted magica recovery set and it will preform on the same lvl as Sanctuary because you don't need to overheal more than you already do.

Its not a question of trust in any way shape or form, I openly said I have no interest in or experience with score/no death/HM end game trialing. Which makes me the same as the vast majority of the ESO player base, given that its only a tiny percent of the player base that engages in such content.

It is important to note therefore that what is required to push things to the limit for such content, is not really a thing for the average healer doing vet trials etc. Often in these threads, we have meta min max end gamers giving advice as if its gospel, to folk who simply wont be engaging with ESO the way they do. Its an ever present issue sadly.

Again, I am NOT recommending someone forgoes a meta set for Sanctuary, I have not said this anywhere. All I have said is, Sanctuary is a viable and useful healing set, particularly for newer healers (like the OP), in part because its easily accessible with minimal effort and it is useful to a trial group. For some reason some folk seem to have an issue with this rather innocuous fact based opinion.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not a question of trust in any way shape or form, I openly said I have no interest in or experience with score/no death/HM end game trialing. Which makes me the same as the vast majority of the ESO player base, given that its only a tiny percent of the player base that engages in such content.

It is important to note therefore that what is required to push things to the limit for such content, is not really a thing for the average healer doing vet trials etc. Often in these threads, we have meta min max end gamers giving advice as if its gospel, to folk who simply wont be engaging with ESO the way they do. Its an ever present issue sadly.

Again, I am NOT recommending someone forgoes a meta set for Sanctuary, I have not said this anywhere. All I have said is, Sanctuary is a viable and useful healing set, particularly for newer healers (like the OP), in part because its easily accessible with minimal effort and it is useful to a trial group. For some reason some folk seem to have an issue with this rather innocuous fact based opinion.

The most common mistake that I see new players make is they put too much emphasis on gear. Compared to other games, gear plays a diminished role in ESO. People are so caught up on the "need" to farm X set when someone who is a true beginner is far better served by a crafted gear set and spending their time actually getting experience with content instead of farming stuff, particularly if that thing that they're farming for is something that they won't use in the long run. Sanctuary is a lackluster set, so it's not worth farming because players won't be using it down the road when they graduate to higher levels of content.

As I said, if you happen to have it around, sure, use it, as it's usually better than a crafted set. But don't go farming for it. I once saw a new healer asking for people to help them farm for a Sanctuary staff so that they can start healing. I.e., they're placing gear acquisition ahead of going out and getting experience with the role. And that kind of notion (which I understand makes more sense in other games) needs to be dispelled.
    Edited by code65536 on January 7, 2020 3:02PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭

Ok, lets take it point by point.

1. Z'en's and Martial are not sets that you only use in score and achivement runs. If you look around for requirements of the most trial guilds they have those sets in lists of what they want you to have, ofc you can run other sets and the most important one is Olo anyway, but they are differently on the list of what a good healer should have avalible. And if Z'en's in not a priority for someone who just started to heal, Martial is once again dirt cheap set that is easy to get and ofc if you are not sweaty min maxer you can easily go with some non meta traits of staves.

2. OP asked about healer sets for vet dungeons and (?)trials, one would assume that they meant vTrials, so we are not talking about average healer not doing vet trials. And what is wrong with meta if someone asks? It's just a list of the most optimal sets for raiding, no one says that you can't complete some veteran trials in some weird sets, but then you don't need to ask about it in the first place.

3. You are saying that sanctuary is a good set, I'm saying that it's bad because it's adds NOTHING, big, fat nothing for you as a healer because the only way it can help is maybe if your heals are so bad that team would need all the little extra they can get, but then its more of a skill issue. Getting a group, farming divine pieces/resto and lightning staves/purple jewelry is a absolute waste of time because it's not a good healer set. Sanctuary is as useful to a trial group as any other light armor set with magica recovery, one could even argue that crafted Seducer adds more because you will have so much magica that you can run around and spam burst heal at any time.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, lets take it point by point.

1. Z'en's and Martial are not sets that you only use in score and achivement runs. If you look around for requirements of the most trial guilds they have those sets in lists of what they want you to have, ofc you can run other sets and the most important one is Olo anyway, but they are differently on the list of what a good healer should have avalible. And if Z'en's in not a priority for someone who just started to heal, Martial is once again dirt cheap set that is easy to get and ofc if you are not sweaty min maxer you can easily go with some non meta traits of staves.

2. OP asked about healer sets for vet dungeons and (?)trials, one would assume that they meant vTrials, so we are not talking about average healer not doing vet trials. And what is wrong with meta if someone asks? It's just a list of the most optimal sets for raiding, no one says that you can't complete some veteran trials in some weird sets, but then you don't need to ask about it in the first place.

3. You are saying that sanctuary is a good set, I'm saying that it's bad because it's adds NOTHING, big, fat nothing for you as a healer because the only way it can help is maybe if your heals are so bad that team would need all the little extra they can get, but then its more of a skill issue. Getting a group, farming divine pieces/resto and lightning staves/purple jewelry is a absolute waste of time because it's not a good healer set. Sanctuary is as useful to a trial group as any other light armor set with magica recovery, one could even argue that crafted Seducer adds more because you will have so much magica that you can run around and spam burst heal at any time.

1. I have not argued against Martial or Z'en, I merely stated that I have not met a healer who uses them. This is just my experience. Nor have I ever been asked to wear them by any trial group. I also openly stated perhaps its a meta for score, no death, HM trial groups etc, which I have no interest or experience in, and it seems this is indeed the case in part. As for time/effort, twice I have specifically farmed Sanctuary, both times it took just a few runs with guildies to get, in this respect it really doesnt seem like a waste to get a viable trial set.
    2. OP has not asked for end game healing advice or mentioned the meta. They asked for basic healing sets to get them started, and what they should progress towards after this, for mainly dungeons and some trialing. In my opinion, Sanctuary is absolutely a basic healing set and falls into that category. I have not stated anywhere or in any way shape or form, that there is anything wrong with meta. Sanctuary is not a weird set, its an established basic healing set, as requested.
    3. I'm not sure I have said Sanctuary is a "good set". Perhaps I did, Im not about to read back through everything to check! But that has very much been qualified by everything else I have stated about it. I remain here because I am actually having a great laugh at how much some folk seem to hate Sanctuary or the suggestion that for a new healer its a viable set. I'd certainly disagree that the set offers nothing for you or the group, I mean its a rather self evident fact that it does add something and all we need to do to see what, is read the tool tip.

The funny thing is, I dont even really like Sanctuary or run it on my main healer, because I think there are better sets to use!

When someone asks in guilds for healing advice to get started, my advice is generally, lets craft you Kagranec and Julianos/Seducer. Beyond that what farms are easy... guildies will be happy to help them farm for dungeon sets, such as Sanctuary, Worms, Jorvulds, SPC etc. Then naturally the next step is trials farming for the likes of Olorime etc.

Having never considered Z'en, I will likely be adding it to the inventory in due course, following this enlightening thread. It seems to me preferable to Martial due to the ease and almost automatic application of the 5th piece bonus :)
    Edited by Grianasteri on January 7, 2020 4:38PM
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of good info above. I would just keep the list of possibly useful sets handy so that when you happen to pick them up during your course of learning and having fun healing you keep them or ask for them at ends of runs. Indeed Zen may not be in the cards for a long while or nerfed before then, but if you pick up a Zen lightning staff on a normal pledge and decon it, you could be quite bummed later on.

I subbed into a HM DLC prog recently where Zen, MK, and Sanctuary were all in use. It was a successful group. Each group will figure out what works for them.