The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dragonknight Wings opinion

• DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly i know it sucks but best option for mdk rn and this is imo i dropped engulfing flames and put dragon fire scale back bar with race against time. DFS is super powerful in certain situations, epic counter to sorcs and bow users and yes stacking with rat costs more but loading up wings with expedition is a bit excessive. the 50% mitigation to projectiles with no cap on both wings is super powerful. Though don't get me wrong i would love expedition on wings.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like it the way it is... I slot dragon fire scale. It returns damage every 0.5 secs over 6 seconds. If you catch someone as they begin a combo they normally near enough kill themselves 😂

I don't think anyone can complain it is OP any more as the damage is a set amount. It was funny to be able to return a shooting star to a sorc, but I agree with a lot of people who said this was overpowered. I main a magdk.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so... do we need to move this thread to the PvP Combat section? seems like all posts is in the context of PvP.........

not that i mind, i also think wings is only usable in PvP....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    so... do we need to move this thread to the PvP Combat section? seems like all posts is in the context of PvP.........

Actually I use wings more in pve than in pvp. I use wings to tank cloudrest but unslotted wings on my mdk for pvp.^^
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like it the way it is... I slot dragon fire scale. It returns damage every 0.5 secs over 6 seconds. If you catch someone as they begin a combo they normally near enough kill themselves 😂

A LOT of players still think it reflects, and seeing that fireball reinforces that impression.

The problem is there are too few occasions when I think "wow, I'm glad I had wings slotted" for it to feel like a genuinely useful skill.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

A LOT of players still think it reflects, and seeing that fireball reinforces that impression.

The problem is there are too few occasions when I think "wow, I'm glad I had wings slotted" for it to feel like a genuinely useful skill.

correct on both points for me.
    1. i felt that if i reflect a fireball to my enemy, they will get hurt. but as stamdk, that damage barely hurts anyone. and again, its 50% only. sure, it can reflect quite a bit of a combo, but you're on the hurt scale too....
    2. there's a lot more useful, better, stronger skills that does the same and more. there's no point of it being used. Cauterize, Frag Shield, Vol Armor, Vigor, RaT, Shuffle/Evade, etc...............

Sad but its true.
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Actually I use wings more in pve than in pvp. I use wings to tank cloudrest but unslotted wings on my mdk for pvp.^^

i stand corrected. i never seen it in-game PvE, so I assumed. sorry.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso literally is a rock paper scissors game.

Wings is fine. Magdk sustain is fine. Magblade is fine. Necro is fine.

Actual "balance" is about as good as ever, there are very few unfair skills/sets left in the game. Only ones i see an argument for is vamp drain, snipe, cloak having no fatigue, and as much as i love the skill, crystal slab ulti build morph could use a cost increase...and setwise, literally only caluurions is a legit "plz gear kill for me" set, while meridias is really the only "plz gear save me from getting 1vX'd" set.

Besides that, there are a few skills that could use a buff or change (dk wings not being one of them), but overall its pretty fair.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actual "balance" is about as good as ever, there are very few unfair skills/sets left in the game. Only ones i see an argument for is vamp drain, snipe, cloak having no fatigue, and as much as i love the skill, crystal slab ulti build morph could use a cost increase...and setwise, literally only caluurions is a legit "plz gear kill for me" set, while meridias is really the only "plz gear save me from getting 1vX'd" set.

Besides that, there are a few skills that could use a buff or change (dk wings not being one of them), but overall its pretty fair.

Hum, are you a stamwarden or a magsorc? You can always tell what class someone is by their opinion.

Saying things are relatively balanced right now is ludicrous, try playing more classes.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are clear top dogs and under dogs in this patch, both BoL and Shimmering shield have better package then Wings, and in the same time all 3 abilities shutdown pressure from projectile builds, so all 3 abilities should be changed to be more universal in terms of protection and more balanced between each other.
    Against magsorc Wings are OP, against stamsorc Wings are absolutely useless, that's hardly a "good balance". Rock, paper, scissors rule should work between abilities used, but not be hard counter to whole class package.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play all classes, besides necro, and not much stamdk.

Most recently i have played magblade most, followed by a decent helping of stamplar, stamden, Stamsorc, magplar and magden.

The only reason i have been on stamden is i just prefer the stamina version - i played my vampire nord warden as magicka, no vamp drain, and once i got my "combos" down, i did just as well as my stamden...but stamden and magblade are my most played classes, and I've never really enjoyed magden so i swapped him back to stam.

Stamsorc, mine is an orc. I play him SnB and DW.. He was originally a high elf magsorc, but I've always hated the cheese of magsorc, so i swapped and haven't looked back.

As far as stamplar, i was actually doing way better on magplar, but stamplar is a class i haven't played much of so i wanted to try it out...and i sucked with it, til i l2p'd, a build that is quite unconventional.

And magblade is just fun. I am probably more experienced than your average nightblade, but i have played both dark elf and breton magblades each patch that they have been "bottom tier" and consistently had top scores in bg's, and zero issues that i wouldn't have had on every other class in cyrodiil, whether solo, grouped, zerg v zerg, outnumbered or whatever. I do feel i need to mention i play almost exclusively with dark cloak, because like magsorc, i find the whole now ya see me now ya dont thing pretty cheesy.

Edited to add: Magdk i haven't played as much recently simply because of faction lock. I didn't find wings op vs anything, nor have i really noticed it as op when im attacking against them. But i also make sure i don't slot all one kind of ability.

The general in game population, as well as the general forum population, as well as humans in general tend to go with the herd.

If you want to play ____, there is nothing stopping you besides experience, knowledge, lag and bluescreens.

As far as it being unbalanced, yes as far as TTK its kinda ridiculous, but there isn't much as far as classes, skills, or sets that make things possible on one build that isnt on another, through the same means or others.
    Edited by Gatdangmayne on January 2, 2020 5:59PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

correct on both points for me.
    1. i felt that if i reflect a fireball to my enemy, they will get hurt. but as stamdk, that damage barely hurts anyone. and again, its 50% only. sure, it can reflect quite a bit of a combo, but you're on the hurt scale too....
    2. there's a lot more useful, better, stronger skills that does the same and more. there's no point of it being used. Cauterize, Frag Shield, Vol Armor, Vigor, RaT, Shuffle/Evade, etc...............

Sad but its true.

Wings doesn't really do a lot of damage on magDK either, but if you are running it for the ranged mitigation it's free damage outside of a GCD. It's hard to justify the other morph of Wings over RaT, and if you are running RaT, it's hard to give up another utility slot.

Overall Wings is just hard to justify on either spec but I really can't see it for a stamDK at all in PVP versus, say, Cauterize.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play all classes, besides necro, and not much stamdk.

Most recently i have played magblade most, followed by a decent helping of stamplar, stamden, Stamsorc, magplar and magden.

The only reason i have been on stamden is i just prefer the stamina version - i played my vampire nord warden as magicka, no vamp drain, and once i got my "combos" down, i did just as well as my stamden...but stamden and magblade are my most played classes, and I've never really enjoyed magden so i swapped him back to stam.

Stamsorc, mine is an orc. I play him SnB and DW.. He was originally a high elf magsorc, but I've always hated the cheese of magsorc, so i swapped and haven't looked back.

As far as stamplar, i was actually doing way better on magplar, but stamplar is a class i haven't played much of so i wanted to try it out...and i sucked with it, til i l2p'd, a build that is quite unconventional.

And magblade is just fun. I am probably more experienced than your average nightblade, but i have played both dark elf and breton magblades each patch that they have been "bottom tier" and consistently had top scores in bg's, and zero issues that i wouldn't have had on every other class in cyrodiil, whether solo, grouped, zerg v zerg, outnumbered or whatever. I do feel i need to mention i play almost exclusively with dark cloak, because like magsorc, i find the whole now ya see me now ya dont thing pretty cheesy.

Edited to add: Magdk i haven't played as much recently simply because of faction lock. I didn't find wings op vs anything, nor have i really noticed it as op when im attacking against them. But i also make sure i don't slot all one kind of ability.

The general in game population, as well as the general forum population, as well as humans in general tend to go with the herd.

If you want to play ____, there is nothing stopping you besides experience, knowledge, lag and bluescreens.

As far as it being unbalanced, yes as far as TTK its kinda ridiculous, but there isn't much as far as classes, skills, or sets that make things possible on one build that isnt on another, through the same means or others.

I’m surprised to see you saying that. A couple of questions:

- in BGs are you in higher MMR?
    - on your magblade are you a healer or dps?
    - do you solo queue or premade?

I went straight from magblade to templar and immediately felt a large boost in the strength of my character. On my magplar I haven’t been playing as much so I think I’m more middle tiers - you sometimes get higher MMR players and sometimes new players.

I also took my MagWarden out for a spin. It’s good but I found it hard to burst people solo because of no execute or strong spammable. It does well in team play but it doesn’t have the punch magplar has. I’m still learning the class though and am only assault/support 8.

Maybe my playstyle is better suited to magplar? I typically mix dps and healing in pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 2, 2020 8:49PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I went straight from magblade to templar and immediately felt a large boost in the strength of my character. On my magplar I haven’t been playing as much so I think I’m more middle tiers - you sometimes get higher MMR players and sometimes new players.

I also took my MagWarden out for a spin. It’s good but I found it hard to burst people solo because of no execute or strong spammable. It does well in team play but it doesn’t have the punch magplar has. I’m still learning the class though and am only assault/support 8.

Maybe my playstyle is better suited to magplar? I typically mix dps and healing in pvp.

In BGs, my dark elf magblade is by far my most played in BGs, so his MMR is crazy lol. My other mb, Breton, isnt as high im sure, but whether its just the population of ps4na or whatever, i see generally the same people on all of my characters.

I almost always solo queue, but obviously games with decent teammates are better than me+nubs vs premade vs not premade not nubs.

I roll as dps, occasionally ill throw on rapid regen or healing ward, and sometimes funnel health, but 90% the time my off heals consist of sap essence/shadow path/barrier ult. Enough for anywhere between 50k-350k depending on group comp.

While I'm not going to say nightblade has quite the same aoe damage as magplar, it still is decent with soul tether+sap, and its single target burst is way higher.

As far as tankiness, yeah a templar can easily blockcast BOL or whatever and go mist around, but i find magblade has a much more seemless transition between playing defensively and offensively than any other class - as long as dark cloak and siphoning is up, there's not really much time in a fight where i "turtle" like most classes have to do.

This of course, is with dark cloak and no shade, something most people don't do.

My bars are relatively static and have been for a while now.

Merciless, flex/cripple/debilitate/swallow, fear, lotus, sap/swallow, soul harvest/tether

Uhhh...mirage?(snare removal)/RAT on the one with psijic, path, siphoning/debilitate/swallow/ward/rr/meditate, dark cloak, harness, reviving barrier/tether

Heavy attack->lotus->fear etc, light attack spam on resto if needed with infused steal health enchant.

It could be magplar is just more your style, or you're bored with magblade, but when i see people saying X spec is super weak i just laugh.

There are some things that are just inherent in classes; dk's are tanky and cc/snare heavy, wardens are fast with aoe burst and great as a teammate with either heals or buffs, templars have the purify and off heals and are top with warden for aoe damage...

...Nightblades however are not necessarily the stealthy class- they are the single target burst kings, regardless of what anyone says there is no other class with burst as good as when you finally get that lotus/soul harvest/merciless combo to hit. Magsorc is a close second though, and is far less tanky unless LOS abusing pets.

When i was on magden yeah, the lack of execute kinda hurt ill admit but since mine is nord, i used bloodspawn+shimmering for fast ult, and used a similar setup to my nightblade, so the health scaled heal was plenty.

Lol enjoy my novel, I'm stuck in a vehicle.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

In BGs, my dark elf magblade is by far my most played in BGs, so his MMR is crazy lol. My other mb, Breton, isnt as high im sure, but whether its just the population of ps4na or whatever, i see generally the same people on all of my characters.

I almost always solo queue, but obviously games with decent teammates are better than me+nubs vs premade vs not premade not nubs.

I roll as dps, occasionally ill throw on rapid regen or healing ward, and sometimes funnel health, but 90% the time my off heals consist of sap essence/shadow path/barrier ult. Enough for anywhere between 50k-350k depending on group comp.

While I'm not going to say nightblade has quite the same aoe damage as magplar, it still is decent with soul tether+sap, and its single target burst is way higher.

As far as tankiness, yeah a templar can easily blockcast BOL or whatever and go mist around, but i find magblade has a much more seemless transition between playing defensively and offensively than any other class - as long as dark cloak and siphoning is up, there's not really much time in a fight where i "turtle" like most classes have to do.

This of course, is with dark cloak and no shade, something most people don't do.

My bars are relatively static and have been for a while now.

Merciless, flex/cripple/debilitate/swallow, fear, lotus, sap/swallow, soul harvest/tether

Uhhh...mirage?(snare removal)/RAT on the one with psijic, path, siphoning/debilitate/swallow/ward/rr/meditate, dark cloak, harness, reviving barrier/tether

Heavy attack->lotus->fear etc, light attack spam on resto if needed with infused steal health enchant.

It could be magplar is just more your style, or you're bored with magblade, but when i see people saying X spec is super weak i just laugh.

There are some things that are just inherent in classes; dk's are tanky and cc/snare heavy, wardens are fast with aoe burst and great as a teammate with either heals or buffs, templars have the purify and off heals and are top with warden for aoe damage...

...Nightblades however are not necessarily the stealthy class- they are the single target burst kings, regardless of what anyone says there is no other class with burst as good as when you finally get that lotus/soul harvest/merciless combo to hit. Magsorc is a close second though, and is far less tanky unless LOS abusing pets.

When i was on magden yeah, the lack of execute kinda hurt ill admit but since mine is nord, i used bloodspawn+shimmering for fast ult, and used a similar setup to my nightblade, so the health scaled heal was plenty.

Lol enjoy my novel, I'm stuck in a vehicle.

I used dark cloak too but I did damage and healed. Maybe it was just using malevolent offering too much making me easy to burst.

I made a new magblade (my third) so I’ll try a similar setup, I’m PC-NA which is predominantly stam so you can expect zero group healing. I wonder if that’s a big difference too.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eniredir wrote: »
    Please keep in mind this isn't a "buff dks" thread, just want an opinion on this.

I think I've seen this before mentioned in the forums, but what do you think of wings giving some form of expedition like wardens? Being that now it is mostly a underused and niche skill, and dks are not a mobile class at all.

DKs both Magicka and Stamina have best tank, dots and long dmg presure. They are king in mele combat and also have access to mittigate any range builds. You can easily get expedition F.e. From potioins or guild skills. Give DKs expedition on wings is unbalanced madness i understand u would like to be unstobable killing machine. Every class must have disadvantage.

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind this isn't a "buff dks" thread, just want an opinion on this.

I think I've seen this before mentioned in the forums, but what do you think of wings giving some form of expedition like wardens? Being that now it is mostly a underused and niche skill, and dks are not a mobile class at all.

DKs both Magicka and Stamina have best (snip) dots and long dmg presure

Hahahahaaha, you're funny.

DoTs that are not worth running because they deal only 10% more damage than a spammable over 10x the time period and provide no pressure since they can be outhealed by any HoT in the game? Yeah, those really are the best!
    Edited by Royaji on January 3, 2020 2:39PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually think Wings is pretty strong (both morphs). The damage output from DFS is actually very punishing and the snare purge on PP is good enough for a slot on its own, the free block mit versus projectiles is just gravy.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

DoTs that are not worth running because they deal only 10% more damage than a spammable over 10x the time period and provide no pressure since they can be outhealed by any HoT in the game? Yeah, those really are the best!

Advantage of dots is they do dmg all time even u Dodge roll. What standard spamable do not do.Dots can be stack. Every skilled DK stack dots then leap and using spamable. They can reach brutal presure while keepimg high resistance.
    Edited by Joinovikova on January 3, 2020 2:47PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have hit players for 5k with one of these

Advantage of dots is they do dmg all time even u Dodge roll. What standard spamable do not do.Dots can be stack. Every skilled DK stack dots then leap and using spamable. They can reach brutální presure while keepimg high resistance.

I have to agree with Royagi here... The DOT's are applied for utility rather than damage and actually entropy/degeneration does a lot more damage.

Stamina and Magicka apply breath and claw for additional damage before bursting. I would recommend reading the skill before you decide they are good.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Advantage of dots is they do dmg all time even u Dodge roll. What standard spamable do not do.Dots can be stack. Every skilled DK stack dots then leap and using spamable. They can reach brutal presure while keepimg high resistance.

You really think that one and a half unique class DoTs DK have provide so much more pressure? It's laughable. Everyone, regardless of class, is bursting their opponents now since slowly pressuring them to death is not an option.

And anyone can have high resistances in the current tanky meta. It's not a DK specific thing.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

Advantage of dots is they do dmg all time even u Dodge roll. What standard spamable do not do.Dots can be stack. Every skilled DK stack dots then leap and using spamable. They can reach brutální presure while keepimg high resistance.

I have to agree with Royagi here... The DOT's are applied for utility rather than damage and actually entropy/degeneration does a lot more damage.

Stamina and Magicka apply breath and claw for additional damage before bursting. I would recommend reading the skill before you decide they are good.

I have DK ok know what each skill do. DK dots get nerf but they are still strong skills and its better to apply them rather then just spam some spamable. The dmg presure is still decend.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DKs both Magicka and Stamina have best tank, dots and long dmg presure. They are king in mele combat and also have access to mittigate any range builds. You can easily get expedition F.e. From potioins or guild skills. Give DKs expedition on wings is unbalanced madness i understand u would like to be unstobable killing machine. Every class must have disadvantage.

The templars laughed at your statement, and some stamden too
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One word for you: purge.

Now one class that you should never face on a DK: Templar

DoTs are a joke against templars, who are the only melee class that you can engage in melee combat. stamSorc can disengage at will, same as NBs (both), and seeing a stamden coming at you with his major exp and snares and pretend you can do something against him is naive
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

2yn2xy.jpg