Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Account Suspension Inquery

Chompsy
Chompsy
Soul Shriven
Reaching out for a friend who's account seems to be suspended after cancelling a cc payment when he used paypal instead! His ticket number is 191231-003340 Would love an update so I can start playing again with him!

Got a response from Bethesda support on twitter however it just said that it would be answered in the order that it was received. I input a ticket in regards to getting this forum account created and have already gotten a response and able to post here yet he still has not gotten a response about his account being suspended and submitted that previous to my ticket. REALLY would love to continue playing the game with him however he's already starting to lose hope that he's been lost in the cracks of technical support.

Please please help me with this one. He hasn't been able to enjoy a game since WoW and that was years ago, I finally convinced him to start playing ESO about a week or so ago and he even purchased crowns for a mount/pet/house. He really wants to play and was having such a great time until this slip up happened.

Cheers for the speedy response,
~Chompsy
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not official as you may can tell from the lack of ZOS in my name, but I know that response to tickets, even tickets about suspensions can take weeks to get answered. I think one on here didn't get anything for over four weeks before their account was unlocked again and they heard nothing in that period. Plus it was just the holidays so that will slow the process down too.
  • Chompsy
    Chompsy
    Soul Shriven
    That's....disheartening to hear considering he's the kind of guy who would spend tons of money on something or just leave it and never return. :/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a thread from another person who canceled a payment. They are still waiting.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504895/getting-frustrated-with-support-response-delay

I wish your friend luck.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Chompsy
    Chompsy
    Soul Shriven
    I assumed I'd get positive responses and a speedy resolution for my friend. Seems as though it may turn out to be the opposite. I don't want to give up hope but you guys are all really scaring me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Chompsy

Please check your inbox for information regarding your friends ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Chompsy

Please check your inbox for information regarding your friends ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Chompsy
    Chompsy
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you @ZOS_BillE I will inform him of the response and keep in contact with you!
  • deadwinston
    deadwinston
    ✭✭✭
    Chompsy wrote: »
    I assumed I'd get positive responses and a speedy resolution for my friend. Seems as though it may turn out to be the opposite. I don't want to give up hope but you guys are all really scaring me.

My account just came back after a month of being locked out because they double charged me. You can read all about it here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504895/getting-frustrated-with-support-response-delay
  • Chompsy
    Chompsy
    Soul Shriven
    Well I'm assuming he's just going to quit, have everything refunded through his cc company, go back to WoW and spend the hundreds he'd spend here on pets/mounts over there. GG
  • Chompsy
    Chompsy
    Soul Shriven
    Over 24 hours since contacting @ZOS_BillE via DM, still no response about as to why the support team is taking so long to respond. No confirmation whatsoever in his email that the ticket even properly went through.

How is there not an automated confirmation saying "Hey we received your account complaint, please allow us X amount of time to respond."

Even indy companies have automated email systems in place, actually a joke.
  • Chompsy
    Chompsy
    Soul Shriven
    Zero email received as to why the account was suspended on his end as well. How can you just make account changes without informing people who pay money for your product and just not care?

Is there only one employee working for customer support?
    I've had better customer service from free to play games.
    No wonder there's a constant decline in player base with all of these complaints I'm reading on the forum. Not a single good response from any of them, takes a month to get any sort of answer from anyone about anything if they even receive a response at all. I'm disappointed.
  • deadwinston
    deadwinston
    ✭✭✭
    @chompsy Yep, in defense of the forum mods though, two of them were helpful when they were on. Sometimes they would take a few days to respond, but they may not be working at a given time especially since it's night and the weekend. They can't actually do anything to make the support ticket go faster, but they can confirm that support has received your responses to the ticket. I'm sure when one of them sees the post they will DM about it.

But yeah, it was surprising for me how bad the support system ended up being. After playing this game for 5 years and never having to contact support, this process almost makes me think your friend is better off getting it out of the way now and finding something else to spend the money on. I wish I could get my ~$750 back...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta love what @ZOS_BillE is doing, but it is a visible and recurring sign that customer support is not functioning well.

Edit: funny how one word can change an entire sentence
    Edited by Elsonso on January 5, 2020 10:51PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus