The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION HEXADECAFINALS ROUND 14 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Will Auridon banish Wrothgar to the cells? Or will Wrothgar echatere Auridon a new one? YOU DECIDE!

The lineup and current standing of all contenders can be found here, so people can keep track of the overall action.

Each of these bouts will last two days, so this one ends around noon CST (5pm UTC) on January 1st. FIIIIGHT!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on January 1, 2020 6:46PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION HEXADECAFINALS ROUND 14 - VOTE'S CLOSED 115 votes

Auridon
25%
vailjohn_ESOssewallb14_ESOAlienSlofSoupDragonMuizerLoves_guarsOlauronIluvrienLarianaAliyavanaTyrion87Bobby_V_Rockitmax_onlyValykcNarvuntienanadandyvestahlsSirona_Starrgepe87veloSylraptor 29 votes
Wrothgar
74%
akredon_ESOGalenEarrindoLonePirateNemesis7884chess1ukb16_ESOGythralCyberOnEsoDarkstorneMalthorneTavore1138JoanOfOrcCloudtraderSilverwillowCaffeinatedMayhemOtarTheMadagegartoncyclonus11WldKardeVulsahdaal 86 votes
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Auridon is pretty, but Wrothgar is epic. The zone story is cool and it has Maelstrom Arena. That's gotta count for something.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon
    by quality of its content, wrothgar. beauty wise, auridon
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 31, 2019 2:44AM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Too little snow in game, so definitely the latter.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Snow takes it every time!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Auridon
    Okay, this is one is actually close in my opinion.

The problem with Auridon is that Summerset is just a better version, but it was stunning the first time I saw it. I also enjoyed the story it was what really got me hooked on the game the slow escalation of daedric threat as you traverse the island. Its the perfect new zone for a play IMO.

Wrothgar is sort of deliberately ugly which gives it thematic feel. I guess rugged is a nice way to describe it. It was the first zone to really use vertically, New Orsinium is a majestic city and everything is just so oversized. The story is good also, keeps you on your toes with who you can trust or not and your choices. But it's not super amazing outside the city plus my nostalgia for my new player experience on Auridon gives it to Auridon.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Wrothgar is beautiful
    There, fixed that ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    wrothgar has character
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon
    Because eff Maelstrom
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Because vMA and Pariah's Pinnacle.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon
    Auridon... When doing Pact and Covenant story lines I remember returning to Auridon every now and then to give me a rest after the dark and gloomy other zones in this paradise. It is the most beautiful zone after Summerset (and Arteum). Mathiisen Manor is great too.
    Wrothgar... I don't even have it without ESO+. I don't even want this land of corrupted mer.

Edit: I have done MA once for the quest and will never return to it. As for the Wrothgar storyline... I can't even help Trinimac followers. I am forced to be Malacath agent. No, just no. I stopped doing Wrothgar main quests on my main character once the focus shifted from aedra to daedra.
    Edited by Olauron on December 31, 2019 6:53AM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    This is another tough one.

They have the same number of delves, but Wrothgar has two public dungeons to Auridon's one-- and they're more interesting.

Auridon has a group dungeon with two versions, but Wrothgar has Maelstrom Arena.

And Wrothgar is bigger than Auridon, or at least it feels bigger.

The one area where Auridon has Wrothgar beat hands down is in player housing:

Auridon has a room at an inn that can be obtained for free, an apartment that's fairly inexpensive, and a house that's pricey.

Wrothgar has a notable home that's rarely available for purchase and is only available for actual money (crowns).
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Auridon is generic Elf content. Beautiful? Yes. But hella boring. So easy answer.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon
    My first instinct is Auridon but Wrothgar has Julianos and it’s own event.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Auridon is too "disneyesque" for my tastes, and also it's a bit dated, as all the vanilla zones are. I love the verticality of Wrothgar and Orsinium is one of the best looking cities in game.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    I'm going to go with Wrothgar on this

There is just something peaceful about the place
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Michae wrote: »
    Auridon is too "disneyesque" for my tastes, and also it's a bit dated, as all the vanilla zones are. I love the verticality of Wrothgar and Orsinium is one of the best looking cities in game.

I wish it were laid out in a friendlier manner, though. Going to Orsinium to check for stuff at the guild traders is a hassle due to the location of the guild traders in relation to the wayshrine.
    Cirantille wrote: »

It's the mammoths, giants, goblins, durzogs, echatere, bears, trolls, and ice wraiths. But I think mostly it's the lack of those puking zombies that infest much of Tamriel.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on December 31, 2019 2:37PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Although I HATE those bloomin annoying ice wraiths.... it’s still Wrothgar for me....

Also.... it’s the only place I’ve ever spotted a games master...
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »

I wish it were laid out in a friendlier manner, though. Going to Orsinium to check for stuff at the guild traders is a hassle due to the location of the guild traders in relation to the wayshrine.
    Cirantille wrote: »

It's the mammoths, giants, goblins, durzogs, echatere, bears, trolls, and ice wraiths. But I think mostly it's the lack of those puking zombies that infest much of Tamriel.

Pocket mammoths though, so cute :)
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also.... it’s the only place I’ve ever spotted a games master...

I mean, I'm not even that good, much less a master...but thanks all the same ;)

Edited by Saucy_Jack on December 31, 2019 4:13PM
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Snugglorr the Magnificent deemed it fit to gift me the maelstrom bow from the weekly after my first vma clear. All hail Snugglorr the Magnificent!
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snugglorr the Magnificent deemed it fit to gift me the maelstrom bow from the weekly after my first vma clear. All hail Snugglorr the Magnificent!

HAIL! Praise his snuggly name!
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar, no contest.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon
    I went with my first instinct. I remembered how poorly the city do Orsinium is laid out.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Wrothgar makes Auridon feels its Wroth!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Not even a question, one of the best zones we had so far