Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to come back to ESO - Account Suspended?

crimsonBZD
crimsonBZD
✭✭
I played for a few months after the game released years ago, and then stopped playing. I was trying to come back and after getting logged in it says my account is suspended. How do I get that unlocked so I can come back and play?
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start up a Support Ticket if you haven't already, then post the Ticket # here.
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    Start up a Support Ticket if you haven't already, then post the Ticket # here.

Ticket Reference Number: 191220-002323

• crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    Nice try

Not sure what you mean, sounds like you think I'm banned but I doubt that's the case - they send me offers and requests to come back to play in my email like once a week, so I really doubt I'm banned.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn’t randomly ban players, @crimsonBZD.

Just be persistent but polite with the Support Team on your ticket.

Most of the time account locks are an issue with the player ... but they can also rarely happen as a triage measure after an account was hacked.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 21, 2019 12:03AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Varanis and To2C are correct. GL.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It CAN happen by accident, know that for a fact, but you'd better take it up with them in private... :)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno any of you?
    Edited by InaMoonlight on December 21, 2019 12:17AM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    ZOS doesn’t randomly ban players, @crimsonBZD.

Just be persistent but polite with the Support Team on your ticket.

Most of the time account locks are an issue with the player ... but they can also rarely happen as a triage measure after an account was hacked.

Of course! I'm just a bit disappointed as I was looking to hop back in this weekend. I've got rewards from buying the deluxe edition at release so I don't want to just buy it again on Steam and start over.
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    It CAN happen by accident, know that for a fact, but you'd better take it up with them in private... :)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno any of you?

Doesn't matter where I take it up with them, I just want to get back into my account. If I have to buy it again on Steam I will, I just have Deluxe Edition stuff from when the game first came out I don't want to lose. IIRC my girlfriend's old character and mine are married with the Mara thing!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crimsonBZD wrote: »

ZOS_JessicaFolsom ZOS_BillE ZOS_GinaBruno any of you?

Doesn't matter where I take it up with them, I just want to get back into my account. If I have to buy it again on Steam I will, I just have Deluxe Edition stuff from when the game first came out I don't want to lose. IIRC my girlfriend's old character and mine are married with the Mara thing!

The main benefit of doing it in private is that you don't have to deal with the forum peanut gallery making snide comments about why your account got closed :)

Honestly, ZOS will probably handle it mostly though your ticket, just to respect your privacy. Posting about it here mostly serves to get a mod's attention if you need to check your ticket status or make sure its being attended to by the proper team.

Now, this last part may or may not be helpful if it doesn't apply to you. I've noticed a recent uptick in players who had a double charge for ESO or a charge back from their bank for something ESO related, which almost always prompts ZOS to close the account. They've had to go through Suppprt to get it all sorted out, which has often taken a while. If that doesn't apply to you, great! If that sounds like a possibility, it might be worth checking into.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 21, 2019 12:54AM
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    crimsonBZD wrote: »

ZOS_JessicaFolsom ZOS_BillE ZOS_GinaBruno any of you?

The main benefit of doing it in private is that you don't have to deal with the forum peanut gallery making snide comments about why your account got closed :)

Honestly, ZOS will probably handle it mostly though your ticket, just to respect your privacy. Posting about it here mostly serves to get a mod's attention if you need to check your ticket status or make sure its being attended to by the proper team.

Now, this last part may or may not be helpful if it doesn't apply to you. I've noticed a recent uptick in players who had a double charge for ESO or a charge back from their bank for something ESO related, which almost always prompts ZOS to close the account. They've had to go through Suppprt to get it all sorted out, which has often taken a while. If that doesn't apply to you, great! If that sounds like a possibility, it might be worth checking into.

I'm not worried about people, but I appreciate the concern. There's no way there's a chargeback or anything, it has been years and years since I paid them anything.

Thanks for your replies!
  • Dinobot
    Dinobot
    ✭✭
    Good luck, I've been waiting almost two weeks now for them to unlock mine now because my account was 'compromised'.
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    Dinobot wrote: »
    Good luck, I've been waiting almost two weeks now for them to unlock mine now because my account was 'compromised'.

Oof
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    I think I know what happened now. I think I had my stuff on auto-renew - cancelled auto renew - and spoke with support and had them give my money back because I was on hard times then. I didn't try to log into my account again. I had thought they just refunded my ESO Plus subscription, but I think at this point they refunded it *and* banned my account.

I had forgotten about that because I figured they just refunded it the subscription that wasn't supposed to charge, and that was that.

Sorry for wasting ya'lls time. I bought it again on Steam and am enjoying myself. Have fun ya'll!
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    To clarify - I cancelled auto-renew before it charged, but it charged anyways. Doesn't matter though.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @crimsonBZD

Please check your inbox for follow-up regarding ticket #191220-002323.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • eternaixub17_ESO
    eternaixub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Not to hijack a post but I am in the same exact situation. I played at launch for a bit, quit and now a few of my friends want to play. After resetting my password I receive the message stating my account has been suspended. I am more concerned if someone did get into my account at some point in the past 5 years since it would mean they also got into my email.

The service number I was given is 191230-004211. If my account was compromised and someone did something naughty I understand the suspension, but I figured it can't hurt to ask in case it was due to something else.

I understand that this will be handled by the team who reviews the tickets, just posting since I saw Crimson is a nearly identical boat.

Edit: Support was able to restore my account.
    Edited by eternaixub17_ESO on December 31, 2019 8:21PM
  • deadwinston
    deadwinston
    ✭✭✭
    @crimsonBZD Did they ever let you back in? I was double charged over a month ago and just got my account unlocked.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504895/getting-frustrated-with-support-response-delay