Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blue screens in trials

AgaTheGreat
AgaTheGreat
✭✭✭✭✭
We went to do some Craglorn trials with the guild. One of them was VSO. We had about 5 blue screens during the trial. All of them were in very random places.
There are also blue screens happening when you try to port into the trial.
It all started after the patch.

PS4 EU.
Edited by AgaTheGreat on November 7, 2019 4:09PM
PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @AgaTheGreat

If you are experiencing crashes on PS4 after an update please make sure to first try our troubleshooting steps here as these steps can resolve issues in your system's cache or any errors that may have occurred during an update.

If you have tried these steps and are still experiencing frequent cashes, please contact a support agent for further assistance by submitting a ticket through our help website here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it didn't work. Everyone keeps having blue screens in trials
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, typical. Everyone on PS4 is having blue screen issues llaftwr the new patch, and they tell us to clear our cashe, cause it's probably not their fault.
    Lol
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just trials where these are occurring. they're random, it could be during a zone in from a wayshrine or walking around. @ZOS_RikardD a lot of us have already tried troubleshooting and that didn't fix anything. I can't speak for everyone else but I am paying customer and I am entitled to an update on a fix.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer support can't fix broken client game software.
    I had over 30 bluescreens while in cyro last night.
    Don't worry I filled out a report on each and everyone of them, maybe Sony can force you guys to fix your broken game.,
  • zamoramerida
    Game crashed every 20 min while in Cyrodiil. I played about 2 and 1/2 hour. Troubleshooting steps were tedious and time consuming and did not solved the problem. It looks is a client bug on dragonhold release. I never had this problem before.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 and no the steps above did not really help. Blue screen or endless load screens.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer support can't fix broken client game software.
    I had over 30 bluescreens while in cyro last night.
    Don't worry I filled out a report on each and everyone of them, maybe Sony can force you guys to fix your broken game.,
    This.

I entered Cyrodiil for the first time in a couple of weeks last night. Multiple crashes to dashboard, most while defending a keep with loss of hard-to-earn cold fire weaponry as a result. This game has a major memory leak/management issue in both PvE and PvP and I'm so sick of it.

Five years, and instead of improving over time, the game performance just keeps getting worse. How does that even happen?

Blue screened twice just killing dragons in Southern Elsweyr too.

Meanwhile, we're fiddling around nerfing everyone's characters into the ground and tossing more mounts, costumes and other stuff into loot crates and crown store instead of making sure that our players have an excellent experience and remain firmly connected to their session.

Pro Tip: I can't buy crown store items or enjoy my recent purchases if I keep getting kicked out of the game

Someone should be held accountable. I don't know if it's a lack of console testing, a lack of money, aggressive deadlines, or just a lack of basic standards, but as an ESO+ subscriber, I keep thinking I'm supporting the game and helping to keep it going. I'm not very happy that the more I spend over time, the worse it seems to get...
    PS4NA
  • KAT_MEAT
    KAT_MEAT
    ✭✭
    We're paying for a service that does not function as it was intended or as advertised.
    We've bought a product that continues to to not operate.
    More than one user is experiencing the same issue, yet the troubleshooting steps are blanketed and have yet to fix the on going issues. It's like a weekly ritual an it's getting old.
    Has anyone been compensated for the time lost? Effort applied to trying to fix and work with the Dev's?
    Cause all I ever get is a finger pointing saying it's my fault and therefore the burden is on my shoulders.
    However, everyday I log in I get a daily reward like an XP scroll or potion so there's that.
    How about we just add up the time in blue screen/ DC purgatory and long load screens... Put a dollar amount on it and pay for 12months of my ESO plus subscription...
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AgaTheGreat

If you are experiencing crashes on PS4 after an update please make sure to first try our troubleshooting steps here as these steps can resolve issues in your system's cache or any errors that may have occurred during an update.

If you have tried these steps and are still experiencing frequent cashes, please contact a support agent for further assistance by submitting a ticket through our help website here.

So I followed that. Still happening...
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 5, 2019 11:11AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update posted here, we are currently looking into this issue with blue screen crashes.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Another update has been posted here, a patch is planned for December 18th to help with PS4 performance to deal with the crashing issues.
    Staff Post
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to post the update after the patch that didn't fix the crashes promised in the previous updates.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6509321/#Comment_6509321

tl;dr
    Hey all,

We understand this is incredibly frustrating and just wanted to confirm that we are aware the issue is not completely resolved. We are currently testing additional fixes to help improve stability on PlayStation and once we verify these improvements, we will include them in an incremental patch.

We'll keep you updated if anything changes. Thank you again for your patience here.

Maybe the patch of the patch will finally fix the blue screens. Or maybe the patch of the patch of the patch will.
  • KAT_MEAT
    KAT_MEAT
    ✭✭
    BUT CROWNS ARE ON SALE! what's up with that
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since other threads are getting closed and redirected here... as a PvE overland chill player (i.e. not doing intensive stuff like endgame trials or PvP where many more experience these blue screens), just encountered my first post-Dec. 18th patch blue screen.

Been playing for all of 1 - 1.5 hours, so not long. I traveled to a friend’s house to do master writs. I traveled to Grahtwood to turn them in and buy stuff from master writ vendor. I opened my furniture plan coffers. I then walked past the main wayshrine to go to the second floor where the bank is and bluescreened a few feet away from the door.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even casuals are blue screening by just walking. Can you imagine playing pvp or end game pve where things are chaotic? I already quit this game and left a trading guild. Im holding in playing this pos until next update or maybe never again.

I already ran out of patience with zos I think two years is enough. Now that my skills and light attacks don't go off 50% of the time it's just unacceptable. It's as if everyone has shuffle with 25% to dodge my attacks but now it's due to the game being utterly broken and not because of a mechanic that hasn't been in the game for over two years. I actually wish we were back in the pre nerf shuffle days 2015-2016. The game was at least a game.
    Edited by Kalante on December 29, 2019 11:37PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing and burying threads aren't going to make the problem go away.
    It is beyond ridiculous.
    OK @ZOS_BillE when can we expect a resolution?
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 29, 2019 11:51PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE ive just came back from not playing for 48 days and haven't played pvp in 3 months due to bluescreen issues with this game yesterday was my 1st day back into pvp and i got 16 bluescreens in the 6hrs i played most was while defending keeps other when traveling but 1 was for simply riding my mount from one keep to another then today ive had over 27 bluescreens in 7hrs of play alot was 4 minutes an part while trying to defend keeps but the most funny thing was when actually standing on an keep wall my stam bar went from full to empty and i was placed on my mount i wasn't doing anything as my controller was on my table because i was talking to one of my kids at that time about 30 seconds after i bluescreened all this while doing nothingness and not having but one other player (friendly) around me
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on December 30, 2019 3:59AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert why is this issue being push to an trials report and why cant something be DONE to fix it and to top it all off WHY CANT SOMEONE communicate with us having this problem as to when an REAL fix will be found
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild gave up playing last night. Can't do anything when 6 of 12 people blue screen at the same time.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 30, 2019 2:19PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just blue screened because I had the audacity to turn around while inside the Rimmen bank.

It’s noon on a Monday in North America. Now, I know maybe other people are on holiday vacation like I am, but traffic is hardly peak at the moment.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'bluescreens in pvp' threads are getting closed down and they're telling us to come to this post instead? Because pvp and trials are so related? Or because they want us ps4 players all in one nice little pocket, out of the way?
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 'bluescreens in pvp' threads are getting closed down and they're telling us to come to this post instead? Because pvp and trials are so related? Or because they want us ps4 players all in one nice little pocket, out of the way?

I've set up a little table with chips and queso over in my corner of the basement over here. If you'd like to come partake, let me know. And if you hit a blue screen on your walk over, just message me and I'll re-invite you over...
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've set up a little table with chips and queso over in my corner of the basement over here. If you'd like to come partake, let me know. And if you hit a blue screen on your walk over, just message me and I'll re-invite you over...

Sorry, got stuck in a long loadscreen that became a bluescreen on my walk over, relogging now. Is there still cheese?
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ricklaverd
    ricklaverd
    ✭✭✭
    Im on ps4pro and i play pve n pvp . After last patch i didnt bluescreen in character select anymore or trials. Just insane amount of times in pvp even when im afk at any time of day
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was directed to this thread from another that was closed by ZOS, apparently this is where to moan about the blue screens. Sadly this thread is for Trials, and my gripe is mainly with CYRODIIL but apparently this is where to moan about all blue screens. Jeez they can't even run a forum properly.

FIX THE BLUE SCREENS

THEY ARE HAPPENING IN TRIALS, CYRODIIL, DUNGEONS, OVERLAND ZONES, EVERYWHERE!

Seriously, its been ages now, where's the hot fix? This should have been patched within a week of it happening. I'm keeping my money for the forseeable future, ZOS you have really dropped the ball here.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is they are waiting until they push new game client in U25, crossing their fingers and hoping that a rewrite will fix it. History shows that it won't work and we will all end up in the same place or worse next patch.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    So are blue screens fixed or the same now after maintenance?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are blue screens fixed or the same now after maintenance?

Maintenance aint going to fix it sorry to say they have to dig deep to find an fix and with that taking money i dont see them digging to deep as no new money will be made just because its fixed