The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch has made things worse on PS4

Hallothiel
Hallothiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
8 crashes in 90mins of attempting to play.

Hardly crashed at all before the ‘fix’.

Please sort this out.

Make that 10.
Edited by Hallothiel on December 3, 2019 8:55PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can’t even get near a dragon to kill it & get second event ticket.

Get near, crash.

And is server not PS4.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I travelled to Southern Elsweyr, waited at the wayshrine for 5 minutes for a dragon to appear, ran to it, killed it and ran back to the wayshrine, and for that whole time every other player was just a black silhouette and I didn't see a single skill animation. I couldn't even say 100% that they actually fired. Repeat for Northern Elsweyr. Didn't have any actual crashes in the short time I lasted before logging out again (tho I seem to be in the minority there) but that doesn't make it much more playable
    PS4 EU
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    After today patch i have loading display 10-15 minutes, sound delays 5-10 sec, must wait a few minutes to draw the environment. With my internet all OK.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every patch makes things worse on PC too.

They are going to have to rebuild ESO from the ground up to fix these issues. If they could patch their way out of it, they would have years ago.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just letting everyone know we've been looking into this today, and will let you know if we need more information from anyone to help troubleshoot.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    Was 'only' getting 1-2 crashes every 4 hours before the patch. Crashed within 15 minutes with the new patch today (froze trying to port to Senchall).
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, cant even hit dragons. Crashed within seconds. No more tickets for me :(

Edit: 4 dragons, 4 crashes, no tickets.

Edit: 5.
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 3, 2019 10:44PM
  • Hazadus76
    Hazadus76
    ✭✭✭
    After I launched the game, it froze before character select. It wouldn't even let me hit the PS button to the main menu. I had to pull the plug out to restart. This game is making me do damage to my ps4. I'm reporting this to Sony.
  • Hazadus76
    Hazadus76
    ✭✭✭
    I tried launching again and got the same result!!!!!!!! What is y'all problem ZOS? Get it together!!!!
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to vmol, adds were teleporting, Savage's first hit never shows its first smash, so I'm always debuffed.

In vhof we had two blue screens on last boss and it was laggy.

Vas hm one blue screen
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Hazadus76
    Hazadus76
    ✭✭✭
    I have reported the issues to Sony. It will probably have no effect. But I felt the need to do something. I’m consistently getting my money taken and not receiving a service.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol typical
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JPEG-20191204-002141.jpg

😑😡
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Hazadus76
    Hazadus76
    ✭✭✭
    Got the same screen over here!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must have been lucky this morning. Played for an hour without incident. Wasn’t in any high traffic areas though.
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭
    Just letting everyone know we've been looking into this today, and will let you know if we need more information from anyone to help troubleshoot.

Gonna need more than that. That's all we ever get info wise followed up by a more broken game the next patch.
    Looks like the studio seems to be working well out of its depth. Bugs that don't get fixed, new ones every patch that persist to this date, no transparency, shots in the dark on changes, won't show data to back up claims, and patch after patch things get worse over getting better. Where is this landslide headed?
    Programmer of FenrisBot for discord.
    The helper bot for ESO. Console Focused.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hazadus76 wrote: »
    After I launched the game, it froze before character select. It wouldn't even let me hit the PS button to the main menu. I had to pull the plug out to restart. This game is making me do damage to my ps4. I'm reporting this to Sony.

Pulling your cord doesn't damage the machine. Worst it can do is corrupt your saves.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Hazadus76
    Hazadus76
    ✭✭✭
    More corrupt saves on top of Zos’ corrupt game is enough corruption for me.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More corrupt saves on top of Zos’ corrupt game is enough corruption for me.

Your saves clearly weren't corrupted as they're saved on the servers end... I just meant in general that's the worst that can happen when you pull the cord - and only if the system is actively saving or loading when you do it.

This did nothing to break your console, you're just being hyperbolic. Wasting Sony's time with false reports of it breaking your machine isn't going to fix anything.
    Edited by lagrue on December 4, 2019 12:27AM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s it. I give up on this game. Each patch I return to the forums in the hope that maybe, just maybe, ZOS has managed to figure things out, only to be disappointed. Over, and over again. I’m done. :(
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't feed with pack to turn into a werewolf. I know this has always been buggy but now I can cast fragmented shield in werewolf form. I'd say this game has hit rock bottom but I know it will continue to reach new lows.
  • Hazadus76
    Hazadus76
    ✭✭✭
    You don’t even know what I put in my report. A false report? I reported precisely what was happening. You’re attacking me for being hyperbolic? Don’t respond to me next time. If I pay for a game to work, and it doesn’t someone’s gonna hear me.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t even know what I put in my report. A false report? I reported precisely what was happening. You’re attacking me for being hyperbolic? Don’t respond to me next time. If I pay for a game to work, and it doesn’t someone’s gonna hear me.
    You said you reported for the game making you damage your console. You said it, not me. It's hyperbolic because unplugging it does NOT damage it. You did not damage your console, nor did the game make you damage your console. I'm not "attacking" you.
    This game is making me do damage to my ps4. I'm reporting this to Sony.
    Edited by lagrue on December 4, 2019 4:10AM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Iconius
    Iconius
    ✭✭
    ZoS, at some point, wouldn't it be worth it to hire an outside firm to come in and go through your systems and help you clean up any messes that need serious attention before people completely lose their minds??

In other news, the crown store is running PERFECTLY as it always has and always will.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by RedGirl41 on December 4, 2019 4:24AM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like the only lucky soul who saw improvement with today’s patch. No blue screens for me (yet) when I was averaging 1-2 per hour in overland PvE post-Dragonhold update and before this morning.

However, the number of PC players in here saying “welcome to our world” makes me want to tag a certain PC player who has seemingly made it his or her mission in life to dive into every PS4 thread, wag their finger, and blame US for these issues. I’m confused, now. According to them, the fault was our hardware and our poor choice of choosing to play ESO on console rather than PC. You mean to tell me that PC... gasp... has similar issues?

Say it ain’t so. It might murder that person’s high horse and I’m against mount abuse.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I blue screened idling on the character select screen earlier... :neutral:
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blue screen and lag , wtf the gaming doing .

We don't need any event if you guys cannot handle it .
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA before the patch blue screens in Cyrodiil almost every hour, sometimes back to back, specifically during large battles. Now I can’t even get into Cyrodiil without a blue screen and constant frame delays. I can’t believe I’m paying for this ***, if I wanted a *** game experience I could get that for free on any McDonald’s WiFi with a $200 laptop. If ZOS wants new players they have a crappy way of showing it but maybe it just all boils down to them really being unable to competently implement a game without stability issues, I mean since this game came out it’s had quality issues and I think for me I figured it would just get better with time but it’s just been the opposite.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    Welcome to the s**t us PC users have had to put up with

Speak for yourself, ESO works perfectly fine for me and has for months outside of bugs.
This discussion has been closed.