Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Did you know....

zytukin
zytukin
...that Bethesda is a subsidiary of ZeniMax?
...that ZeniMax has been around since 1999 and was founded by the co-founder of Bethesda?
...that ZeniMax is the largest privately held video game company in North America?

Only reason I ask these is because I often see people talking about ESO and saying it wasn't made by Bethesda, saying it was made by some new company and thinking it wont be as good a game due to this.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People also seem to think that the developers are new to MMO's when some of them worked on the likes of Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Age of Reckoning.
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, ESO is run by Zenimax Online Studios,
    And is the sister company of Bethesda,
    Which are both run by Zenimax Media.

Bethesda has been around since '86,
    ZOS was founded in 2007.

Over time, I believe we can expect both companies to be on equal footing.
    Now if only they could reorganize their CS department...
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like... they're not even ignorant newbs with no clue!!
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • commandline
    I never knew it was the largest privately held video game company in North America. Thats a positive note!
  • zytukin
    zytukin
    In a business which has released stock (ZeniMax has), 'privately owned' just means that one person owns more then 50% of the stock. Thus any type of shareholder meetings will entirely depend on what that person votes on.

1 person in control could be good or bad.
    If he makes a decision that results in a poor outcome, the company will suffer.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    They know their ***. This aint EA. Yes there's bugs...There has been since Morrowind. That was what...A decade ago? Give 'em chance. I have faith this game will rule. One game to rule them all :smile:
    Asira Avalis - Mage