The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What we want for Skyrim housing

dcam86b14_ESO
dcam86b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought I'd make a thread about what we as the housing community would like to see for skyrim.

post pics of houses you want or furniture you'd like them to draw inspiration from.

I would like a proper plot of snow filled land.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) A couple of proper gold houses would be nice. A small nord city cottage and a mountain cabin.
    2) It would be great if they took the idea in Elsweyr and made it functional. Something like the Hall of the the Lunar Champion. Except when you expand the house it makes the expansion its own housing instance so each expansion can have XXX items.
    3) I like the plot of land idea. I would actually like an upgraded version of the housing options in Skyrim. Maybe do different size plots of land and you can collect/find different blueprints to build different houses on that land.
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see Coldharbour Surreal Estate but Skyrim theme

Achievement house for 1 Mio Gold and just one big open area surrounded with hills and fir trees. A waterfall on one side and a little river through the area. All other green and flowered areas to build. No special inside, just open Land nordic theme to relax and build. Maybe a accessible mine on one hillside.

But not time limited and not crown store only. Something which you unlock with achievements and buy for gold

You can make your money than with crown store items like: butterflies, bees, birds, hoping deers and more animated stuff like this
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Houses.

Unless they produce proper building materials, like walls with windows and doors already in them, that ensure you can build without hassle and without using too many slots, I just want some thoughtfully designed, well laid out and carefully built houses.

If I want to build, I'll go and play The Sims.

Ideally, I would prefer it if they made it so we can see a view through the windows, though.

Either the actual view (through transparent windows), or a simulation of it would do.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 13, 2019 12:36PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proudspire Manor!

A Markarth-style Dwemer apartment would be nice, as long as I could replace the beds made out of stone.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something bigger than an inn room that can be bought for gold.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Houses where interior and exterior match and make sense from a geometrical and physical standpoint. ZOS treats the interiors like they are their own little pocket of oblivion in most cases :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow, snow and snow ! ... and snow !
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just some affordable small and medium homes, please. I really don't mind the rest. When I start decorating houses, they all end up looking the same, anyway.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to see something in Solitude or Whiterun, the size of Lucky Cat but with a 600 limit.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see something smaller than the mansions available for gold with a 700 item limit that is capable of decorating the interior and exterior so they look complete. If they can come up with building materials complete with doors and windows I would like to see a smaller free form area fitting Skyrim that's about the size of the Dragonguard Sanctum grotto.

Edit: Oh I would also like the ability to change colors/materials of dwelling structures. For example if I want a red front door and green shutters or a shingled roof over a thatched roof let me do that.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on December 13, 2019 3:36PM
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Battle of Hoth-Like Snowcave cavern
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizard tower...
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a small SMALL one room underground room to live in, with a hidden entrance.

AH-entryhall.jpg

43134-2-1402025202.jpg

i live a life of stealing and killing for the dark brotherhood and thieves guild in sneak and hiding, so i need a home that is hidden away from the law, guards, and people.
    so i ask, please give a small hidden trap door [placed on the edge of town, under the bushes] that leads to a small 1 room cave with wood walls and floor.
    i don't want a huge house, and i dont want a cave.
    something small is affordable maybe 50,000 to 100,000 to spend, [not millions, like for the large houses]

located on the edge of town in preferably "Balmora" Vvardenfell location.
    if Vvardenfell cannot be had right now then Skyrim will do.

VietnamCuChiTunnelstrapopen.jpg
    just like this ^
    but hidden in the bushes so is a bit more hidden, and not out in the open.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a certain amount of blueprints 2020.
    There will be the spring chapter and there will be the fall-DLC.

Please: Don't put ALL the blueprints in the spring chapter. If you only have amount X to give us in one year, please save at least some new for the fall-DLC.

Dragonhold this fall was blueprintwise a very big dissappointment. Please do not make the same happen in 2020. Give us some housing highlights spread over the year (and I do not speak of crown homes here).
    It helps to keep the spark of fascination alive. And fascinated people = fans, and fans spend money on their hobbies.
    Thx :-)
    Edited by Sturmfaenger on December 13, 2019 7:17PM
    PC/EU
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord life the hot springs sound nice to have
    image.jpg
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • A Nord cabin in the mountains a big plot of land, with persistent snowfall effects and an aurora borealis at night. 700 item limit. Gold purchasable, or at least NOT a limited time offer, please.
    • More winter furnishings available, and NOT crown store exclusive. There are versions of the foothills, towering, and ancient pines in the game that have snow on them. They could easily make those available through a home goods furnisher. I also want the absolutely GIANT birch trees you see in Riften that have the swaying animation effect. Would love if they released the snow covered crags and snow piles in home furnishers, too.
    • Nord-themed construction materials.
    • I'd also like an autumn house, in a similar spirit of my first wish. They could stick this in the woods in Riften somewhere.
    • I think because Skyrim came with that Hearthfire DLC, this'd be a fitting time to expand on the functionality of houses. I want cultivation, maybe you can collect a set number of plants from your garden a day (they have to grow back?). Fishing, perhaps? I also want to be able to set secondary residences that my friends can visit, and an expanded list of permissions, that would allow them to place items. A return of the resting bonus for visiting/resting at your house would be fun, too. It doesn't have to be big, maybe just a 10% XP bonus, just a little something. I also wish my pets and so forth would sandbox a little, but that might be hard to achieve, given your ability to place items absolutely anywhere.
    • I'd like to see the number of special collectibles you can place expanded. I recently got Ezabi and Fezez and was dismayed to discover they're in this category. It really messes with my ability to place pets and mounts.
    Edited by SickleCider on December 13, 2019 8:20PM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breezehome, a small home as in skyrim, for gold and nostalgia.
    A massive nordic long hall. Big, massive rectangular group hall and throne room with beautiful nordic designs, woodwork and metalwork/lighting. It should have some small and medium additional rooms, which are proper actual rooms like in Velothi reverie. A huge garden and training area. A mead hall. A crypt area like in Hakkvilds.
    A markarth style penthouse, preferably large and in a tower.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Snow, snow and snow ! ... and snow !

If they do they need more dam snow furniture that ISNT crown only, that pissed me off when decorating pirahas pinicle.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another cool home would be a snowy mountainous and foresty valley with beautiful fjords and northern lights. You go through the waterfall into a cavern with the glowy mushrooms (like the Falmer areas).
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I had another idea. A home made of ice with snowflakes. Lots of icicles. That sparkle you get on snow sprinkled about. Snow drifts and non hostile ice wraiths outside . Icy furnishings as well.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Nord longboat with enough rooms to live in moored on beautiful autumnal cove /meadow with farm land and a gorgeous log cabin.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Dwemer styled house. Preferably not the same abomination like the one we got in Eastmarch.

I would love to see something akin to the Enchanted Snow Globe - a Medium sized house with a Large house slots allowance. Maybe an observatory? Definitely NOT a ruin full of debris.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would like to see more houses that we can purchase with gold

we cant buy jode's embrace or moon sugar meadow with gold in elsweyr

morrowind has 4 houses 2 can be purchased with gold
    summerset has 4 houses 1 can be purchased with gold
    elsweyr has 4 houses and none of them can be purchased with gold
    from this list im excluding the free inns and hall of the lunar champion as "purchasable" houses

im uncomfortable with how it goes 2 to 1 to 0
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A boat. Just a boat. Not a giant cave. A simple nice boat with a captains cabin and cargo hold.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Food! A lot of dishes, drinks and produce!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proudspire Manor, right next door to the Bards College in Solitude.
    PC EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

from this list im excluding the free inns and hall of the lunar champion as "purchasable" houses

But Elsweyr gave one kinda included, though to unlock it fully you needed to buy other 2 DLCs or subscribe and access them. This is a hint we may see something similar in the next chapter ;)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not sure where you're coming up with 4 houses in each chapter, esp. if you're not counting the free inn rooms.

Morrowind:
    Ald Velothi
    Amaya
    Tel Galen (crown only)

Summerset:
    Alinor Townhouse
    Grotto (crown only)
    Villa (free w/Summerfall or crown only)

Elsweyr:
    Jode's Embrace (crown only)
    Moon Sugar Meadow (crown only)

There are two crown-only homes in Southern Elsweyr:
    Lucky Cat
    Potentate's Retreat

That said, I agree with you that the number of gold-purchasable homes has gone from 2 with MW, 1 with SS, and 0 with Elsweyr, though we did get the Lunar Champion house, with 2 of the wings requiring access to 2 additional DLCs.

I'd love a small Nord cottage in the snow - what the Enchanted Snowglobe should have been. It can be medium-size, but for gold, not crowns only. Then a large home, available for gold as well. There should be at least 2 homes available for gold, outside of the inn room.

Also, more small/medium homes in general, or even a few large homes. I'm so sick of the parade of giant monstrosities costing 14K+ crowns and way larger than the 700 item limit. Haven't purchased one yet and never will. Tel Galen was my sole splurge at 10K furnished. Just please provide a variety of sizes for various budgets and desires. Not everyone wants a giant monstrosity, even if they can afford it.

TL:DR - more variety of house sizes and more houses for gold.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    My ideal housing year for Skyrim would consist of:

Houses
    1. Dwemer house in markarth.
    2. Open field around Whiterun(with view of the throat of the world)
    3. House in solitude i think it was Proudspire Manor.

Furniture

1. Roof structures! Thatch Nord roofs, shingled roofs from solitude, dwemer style roofs
    2. (Nord) Wood log walls, doors, arches, floors, posts structures
    3. (Solitude) Stone (grey) walls, doors, arches, floors, column structures
    4. (Markarth) Stone (with dwemer detailing) walls, doors, arches, floors, posts structures
    5. Ponds/pools of water
    6. Captured dragon target dummy (tied down with chains or something)
    7. Skyforge

Features

1. Attunable portal
    2. Stationary Npcs to fill my empty house
    3. Moar items plz
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Among other things, a proper outlaw’s den. I find it ironic that the only housing available in Hew’s Bane is one of the largest most ostentatious palaces in the game! :lol: Nothing wrong with including such a house, of course, but I would have expected a dive or hideout of some sort to have been included in the thieves’ guild area at least. :)