The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What we want for Skyrim housing

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we get to preview the homes that will be available soon and I hope some of you get what you asked for.
  • Isskander
    Isskander
    ✭✭
    Don't know if something like this existed ever in housing, but i could use keg or other food type bundle items "furnishing" that can be used => means with animation of drinking/eating when used.

No stats or anything "on" just animation trigger .. nothing complicated and could be more autentic / climatic in this sceen
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So this isn't Skyrim specific, but how about a "House" where, for example, there are separate locations that you transition to, and each location is it's own "House".

Suppose the maximum number of furnishings is 600. So a really big Skyrim estate might consist of:
    (1) the exterior - 600 furnishings
    (2) interior ground/lower floor - 600 furnishings
    (3) interior upper floors - 600 furnishings.

That's THREE separate houses each with their own furnishing limit, not a single house trying to share 1800 furnishings.
    When you move between them, you are actually moving to a different house entry in your list of houses, not simply moving to another location in the same zone.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    Nord life the hot springs sound nice to have
    image.jpg

Might be interesting as a craftable. Requires 10,000 units of Star Dew. :P
    And let's have proper locations you can sit on please.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please listen to your community, and re-read all the furnishings requests that have been made until now.

My wishes for the Skyrim chapter regarding housing:
    • complete set of building blocks especially for the new styles that we'll see, including walls with windows, stairs, roofs, ladders, door ways and doors, and other prefabs that your devs use to build the houses
    • 2d walls that can be used for textures (if you noticed many builders use the Alinor book case quite often, so you can learn from this)
    • filled book cases, planters, and other resources that will save slots and a lot of hassle
    • more shelves and cabinets filled with equipment for alchemy, enchanting, or assorted items
    • more dwemer blueprints for Blackreach, maybe a house there, but definitely we love all that is dwemer, however the selection of furnishings and plans available to the players is quite poor
    • wayshrine furnishing
    • interactable beds and bath tubs, etc, working interior doors like in Moonhunter Keep
    • add interact-able portals to create shortcuts through the large manors or just to let us make use of our houses in different ways such as creating games, challenges, etc
    • allow us to deconstruct the bound furniture and transform it into crown crystals or a small amount of crowns, like 10% of the original value
    • crafting stations for multiple sets and guild house which should have at least a guild banker/store access
    • more paintings! Why aren't there any portraits of the important figures in Tamriel?
    • last but not least slots upgrade for houses! Even extra 100 slots would be awesome.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give this one Hedeby - or the open space and roof materials to build it's likeness yes.

Do not leave us without much salt marsh and many boats!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of things that I want, but I'm gonna be reasonable and keep my biggest desires minimal.

My single biggest desire from Skyrim housing is a semi-secluded house (mountain/forest cabin, anyone?) with a skybox that makes use of the frequent auroras seen throughout Skyrim.

I love to stargaze in ESO, so give me that and at least and I'll be content.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd make a thread about what we as the housing community would like to see for skyrim.

Increased item slots, gray stone steps, floors, and walls (not green, brown, or white), pristine houses free of mold, crumbling walls, floors, etc.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the ability to dye or stain furniture a different color. We already have the outfit station so why not adapt it to have a furniture option that can use the colors we've unlocked.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen a couple requests for a wayshrine furnishing. I think that's ok, as long as it's a collectible furnishing that can be placed in each of our homes. I'm not going to pay 5k crown per wayshrine furnishing.

But, better yet, just eliminate the gold cost when porting from your home - problem solved. No need to pay 5k crowns or more.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow Bank Furnishing
    More ornate drinking horns
    Vampire themed furnishings
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I've seen a couple requests for a wayshrine furnishing. I think that's ok, as long as it's a collectible furnishing that can be placed in each of our homes. I'm not going to pay 5k crown per wayshrine furnishing.

But, better yet, just eliminate the gold cost when porting from your home - problem solved. No need to pay 5k crowns or more.

Your idea is quite good and simple to implement.

An other idea could be to make the door interact in two ways, like a door and like a wayshrine.

But a wayshrine furnishing would be nice to have for large houses, like the Psijic Villa. It will help with the immersion.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As ever, I'd want an apartment in each zone's main town, a medium sized home with modest yard space out of town, and not too many oversized crown-only homes.

I'd also like to see the idea of filled bookcases, wine racks including bottles etc. continued, so that the slot caps aren't so much of a burden.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a pattern of old houses becoming available for gold prices. Some crown exclusive houses have been around for literal years now and they are dated and should really have a gold option tied to them.
    I think it'd be nice to start a pattern of introducing 2+ old year houses for gold after they've had their run in the store, most of us are clearly not going to buy it for crowns if we haven't in two years of it being available.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a pattern of old houses becoming available for gold prices. Some crown exclusive houses have been around for literal years now and they are dated and should really have a gold option tied to them.
    I think it'd be nice to start a pattern of introducing 2+ old year houses for gold after they've had their run in the store, most of us are clearly not going to buy it for crowns if we haven't in two years of it being available.

They would never do this, nor should they. That would completely devalue the home, and leave players who spent a sizable chunk of real-life money feeling angry.

They should continue doing what they've been doing and offer the oldest houses at a discounted price when they reappear. They've done that with Pariah's Pinnacle and the Linchal, and it was a solid move.

They should also be pulling the limited-time, Crown-exclusive houses out for sale more often. Artificial scarcity is lame. In my opinion, every month should feature limited-time house in the Crown store! When there's no new one coming out, the old ones can be cycled through.

It honestly boggles my mind that the houses aren't for sale more often. I can't believe they make more sales by pushing limited-time offers rather than just having them available full time.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slots, slots, and more slots.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon priest barrow.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A medium-sized, well laid out home with a large number of furniture slots, and an outdoor area. Available for less than 500k gold. GOLD, not the crown store. Not on limited availability, but instead permanently for sale. No weird gimmicks, portals, hallways or stairs to nowhere. Windows and architecture on the outside of the house match what you can see inside the house. Fireplaces in every room. No broken or chipped walls or surfaces. No rubble to clear. I know the new chapter is skyrim, but no snow in the outdoor area. I know it's a tall order but the creative folks at ZOS ought to be able to do this.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only repeat ones that has already been said by many in this discussion.
    • I want more houses purchaseable for gold, especially the smaller and medium sized ones, not massive noteable ones. Which are also less weirdly niche and gimmicky.
    • Structures such as walls, pillars, floors, roofs, stairs and so on in both wood and stone. Which should match the zone's houses but I also don't want them to be too different from other structures. It's quite frustrating now when you often end up mixing different styles like base game/Alinor/Murkmire/Elsweyr and they are all a different shade of wood/stone.
    • Deconstructing furniture.
    • Furniture weapons and armour along with racks for them. Included single weapons/armour and racks with weapons/armour already on them.
    • Simple decorations like paintings and knicknacks.
    • More items that save slots, such as bookcases with books etc.
    • And since it is Skyrim. Some more snow and ice with structures that is also snow/ice/frost covered.
    • Placeable NPCs that is not a target dummy or our assistants. Some simple guards, scholars, mages, servant, normal citizens etc.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Bookshelves that hold books, such as the ones bought from Mages Guild vendors. (Like in Skyrim)
    2. Mannequins to hold armor, so I can better organize my sets. (Like in Skyrim)
    3. Weapon racks to hold weapons. (See above) (Like in Skyrim)

And the brass ring would be "Alts as Services" so that I could place my other toons and access their inventory, just like I do with Tythis Andromo. This would almost completely eliminate the inventory-management mini-game and allow me to get so much more real gaming done.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the brass ring would be "Alts as Services" so that I could place my other toons and access their inventory, just like I do with Tythis Andromo. This would almost completely eliminate the inventory-management mini-game and allow me to get so much more real gaming done.

Bruuuuuh..... no more swapping through load screens? Sign me up.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. A snowy medium-sized house with enough land to be sold as a large one. This way we'll have more slots to decorate the house.
    2. Snowfalls and blizzards from time to time.
    3. Increased item slots.
    4. All the stuff I quoted below in my other comment.

Edited by Leogon on January 17, 2020 5:02AM
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming.
    Beer making.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Farming.
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Please listen to your community, and re-read all the furnishings requests that have been made until now.

My wishes for the Skyrim chapter regarding housing:
    • complete set of building blocks especially for the new styles that we'll see, including walls with windows, stairs, roofs, ladders, door ways and doors, and other prefabs that your devs use to build the houses
    • 2d walls that can be used for textures (if you noticed many builders use the Alinor book case quite often, so you can learn from this)
    • filled book cases, planters, and other resources that will save slots and a lot of hassle
    • more shelves and cabinets filled with equipment for alchemy, enchanting, or assorted items
    • interactable beds and bath tubs, etc, working interior doors like in Moonhunter Keep
    • allow us to deconstruct the bound furniture and transform it into crown crystals or a small amount of crowns, like 10% of the original value
    • more paintings! Why aren't there any portraits of the important figures in Tamriel?
    • last but not least slots upgrade for houses! Even extra 100 slots would be awesome.
    I can only repeat ones that has already been said by many in this discussion.
    • I want more houses purchaseable for gold, especially the smaller and medium sized ones, not massive noteable ones. Which are also less weirdly niche and gimmicky.
    • Structures such as walls, pillars, floors, roofs, stairs and so on in both wood and stone. Which should match the zone's houses but I also don't want them to be too different from other structures. It's quite frustrating now when you often end up mixing different styles like base game/Alinor/Murkmire/Elsweyr and they are all a different shade of wood/stone.
    • Deconstructing furniture.
    • Furniture weapons and armour along with racks for them. Included single weapons/armour and racks with weapons/armour already on them.
    • Simple decorations like paintings and knicknacks.
    • More items that save slots, such as bookcases with books etc.
    • And since it is Skyrim. Some more snow and ice with structures that is also snow/ice/frost covered.
    • Placeable NPCs that is not a target dummy or our assistants. Some simple guards, scholars, mages, servant, normal citizens etc.
    giphy.gif

Edited by Leogon on January 17, 2020 4:54AM