The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More in game rewards PLEASE

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be cool I think to have dungeon themes mounts based on the relevant dungeon bosses for completing speed, hard mode, and no death on veteran dungeons.

Some examples:
    • Slimecraw (crocodile) mount for Wayrest Sewers
    • Ganakton the Tempest (Wamasu) mount for Arx Corinium
    • Siege Mammoth mount for Falkreath Hold
    • Mathgamain (Daedric Bear thing) for Blood-root Forge

These would probably have to be monetized by requiring a chapter to unlock the base game ones, and DLC/eso+ to unlock DLC related ones, but I do think it would actually be something that players would go after (pay for). They could also still sell shiny re-skins in the crown store in case someone wants to ride a dro m'athra crocodile. :smile:

Anyway... if I had a wish in this regard then this would be it.
    Playing since beta...
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    It would be cool I think to have dungeon themes mounts based on the relevant dungeon bosses for completing speed, hard mode, and no death on veteran dungeons.

Some examples:
    • Slimecraw (crocodile) mount for Wayrest Sewers
    • Ganakton the Tempest (Wamasu) mount for Arx Corinium
    • Siege Mammoth mount for Falkreath Hold
    • Mathgamain (Daedric Bear thing) for Blood-root Forge

These would probably have to be monetized by requiring a chapter to unlock the base game ones, and DLC/eso+ to unlock DLC related ones, but I do think it would actually be something that players would go after (pay for). They could also still sell shiny re-skins in the crown store in case someone wants to ride a dro m'athra crocodile. :smile:

Anyway... if I had a wish in this regard then this would be it.

:+1:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been feeling this game needs more in game rewards for a while now. Hairstyles, outfits, pets, mounts and gear styles would be more fun if there were some that only obtainable in game. Some can still be crown store exclusives.

We could get them from quests, world bosses, dungeons and trials. Playing the game in itself should be more rewarding instead of relying on the store or events that inorganically supply increased drop rates.

Since this game revolves mostly around horizontal progression some progression in a character's appearance can be very motivating.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be prepared for all of the people who are so consumed by capitalism that they think you should have to buy the same game 100x a year
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be prepared for all of the people who are so consumed by capitalism that they think you should have to buy the same game 100x a year

Since this game has ongoing needs that cost a lot of money (servers, developers, ISPs)... yes you do have to pay more than one time for it. This isn't Skyrim where you pay once, install it on your machine and that's it. In other words, ESO is a service, not off the shelf software.

Playing since beta...
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this shows that ZOS could easily be both more imaginative and more varied with the in-game rewards.

It’s clear that players value mounts, motifs, furnishings and things like target dummies. It’s clear that they value things that are obtained in game by doing particular content and not just endgame PvE.

I would like to see much more ambitious use of the Golden, the Super Furnishings Guy and potentially others to make more interesting cosmetics available in game. As I’m not convinced this would cannibalise Crown Store sales, but might drive players into purchases of cosmetic packs. And who knows, it might actually be fun.

But not another horse reskin or a Psijiic pig. That’s not imaginative or varied.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See, this is what I mean when I say that the crown store is starting to replace game-play, and it's not healthy for this game. They save all the best cosmetics for their gamble crates, which are layered with terrible RNG, paywalls, and time-limited, gamble-gem exclusives. It's all a cash-grab system designed to make you feel like you aren't spending much and fool you into thinking you got something good for what you paid, and NONE of them can be earned.

There's very few - and quite frankly - underwhelming rewards for actually playing the game now. This game has been alive for a total of 5 years and we only have one, ONE mediocre mount achievable through Sunspire trial requirements. I'll admit the event Indrik mounts are at least decent-looking. However, when you see the silly ticket mechanics they deliberately created for events and the fact there's a cap which can make you LOSE tickets, then the sudden offering of event tickets in the cash shop makes a whole lot more sense... Besides, everyone and their grandmother are gonna have those mounts eventually, so it's not going to feel like you really EARNED something in the end. That feeling of having earned something through game-play is very important for enjoyment in a game in my opinion.

Developers' and artists' time is now being spent entirely on how they can monetize aspects of this game instead of focusing on making enjoyable, rewarding game-play in the first place. Why do you think they made ranking skill lines terrible in the first place then buffed them to be better than class skills? In the end players end up playing the crown store more than playing the actual game, then the store plays the players.