The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

More in game rewards PLEASE

mcagatayg
mcagatayg
✭✭✭✭
I saw the news about incoming crown crate and i saw YET another crown store/gems exclusive mounts and whatnot. 4 new mounts are coming into the game. How hard it is to make 1 of them earn able in game? Aside from this indrik thing, no mounts you can earn by doing casual stuff in game. Sunspire mount was nice but lets admit it its a dream for most player base. This is the worst aspect of this game. We have collectible outfits, mementos, pets and such. This game lacks SO MUCH in collectible mounts and it SUCKS.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been to the Stablemaster ... like ever?

You can buy mounts there from earning gold through casual stuff in game.
  • Jack_TheImpaler
    Jack_TheImpaler
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but the basic stable mounts are just that - basic. It would be nice to have something a bit more epic unlocked through game content similarly to how skins are. Maybe just more achievable for the average player compared to the Sunspire mount.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I clicked on this, I was ready to comment on all the free stuff we already get with daily rewards, level-up rewards, and whatnot.

But I see that you're specifically talking about mounts. So, yes, in that regard, the game rewards us with very few. Yet, there have been a couple outside of the Sunspire mount and the ones you can buy with gold at the stables. We've had a guar mount as a daily reward, and there was the Psijic charger mount we got with the Summerfall event. Maybe there have been a few others, but if so, I can't recall them.

So, yes, I do think it would be nice to have a few more be available either as daily rewards or better yet, for completing content that is more widely obtainable. But, I wouldn't expect them to be flashy, as ZOS likes to save those for crates.

ETA: There is the horse we get from the level-up rewards, but that mount was originally available for purchase at the in-game stables. It was the cheapest one, and most veteran players already had it before the level-up system was introduced.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 10, 2019 5:36PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mcagatayg wrote: »
    I saw the news about incoming crown crate and i saw YET another crown store/gems exclusive mounts and whatnot. 4 new mounts are coming into the game. How hard it is to make 1 of them earn able in game? Aside from this indrik thing, no mounts you can earn by doing casual stuff in game. Sunspire mount was nice but lets admit it its a dream for most player base. This is the worst aspect of this game. We have collectible outfits, mementos, pets and such. This game lacks SO MUCH in collectible mounts and it SUCKS.

The indrik mounts are just reskins and its an excessive amount of hoops to get one. The time limit on hoops makes it even worse. I would actually like to see various BoP rewards tied to various achieves similar to zone achievements vendors but you just collect when the achieve is accomplished rather than go to a vendor( i do like the vendor achieve rewards as well.)
    We could get:
    * Mounts
    *Non combat pets
    * Unique Furnishing prints
    * Unique recipes
    * Unique houses.
    * Unique outfit styles, markings, etc
    * Unique actions and personalities
    Etc.

Everything doesnt need to be tied to jumping through ten thousand hoops or spending 10k crowns.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have more mounts than I could ever ask for. Then again, that was from back when they were dropping crown crates like rain.

Be patient. You too will be swimming in mounts after a while, too.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. It would be really nice to have some fun mounts we could earn in-game.

Oh, and the Indrik thing...done to death IMHO, although I do like the idea of mounts being upgradeable. Maybe with the next expansion the devs could introduce a new upgradeable? Like...a Glyptodon maybe? :wink:<3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously I think we should be able to have characters with two butts. We could ride more than one mount at a time.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not every player is going to own every item in the game. Not every player is going to own MOST items in the game...that is just how it is. Some players will have tons of stuff, others will have very little stuff...but having a lot "stuff" doesn't increase or decrease your DPS or heals, and "stuff" also includes mounts.

If you are not happy with the basic horse mounts available within the game itself that can be bought with gold, I understand. horses for courses as they say....some people like those mounts, others don't. Some mounts cost time spent in game, others cost time spent in RL working at a job. Either way, you are paying for it with your time.

Now how much of your time is it worth to trade, for a mount other than a horse? Do you even have a set value for your own time?
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know you seem focused on mounts but there are quite figuratively hundreds if not thousands of unlockable in-game rewards.
    Take a brief gander in the collectibles section or the achievement section.
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have mounts but they are all from free things they give. I wanted more like sunspire mount but in dungeon rewards for example. Who cares about some mount you get from crates. Just random. I want to show it off like skins. Something to collect you know.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earn gold in game and trade with someone you trust to crown gift a mount to you is the best you can do
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Earn gold in game and trade with someone you trust to crown gift a mount to you is the best you can do

That is actually worst You can do if You want ZoS to ever add more mounts into the game outside of crown store.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

That is actually worst You can do if You want ZoS to ever add more mounts into the game outside of crown store.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed I think.
    Every time a new mount comes out, a lot of people buy it so why would they give more away for free?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time a new mount comes out, a lot of people buy it so why would they give more away for free?

Well buying even more mounts from crown store definietly is not helping to change current situation with lack of them in game. It's obvious ZoS wont stop making mounts almost exclusively in crown store if people are buying them like crazy. To change that people should stop buying mounts like crazy from crown store.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    ++++ this there should be more rowards from missions, and we need companions with history and a journal for the history/path of our toon, etc
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with a B2P model is that a developer has two choices - either make P2W items available for purchase by non-subscribers, or else make cosmetic/utility items available for purchase. To their credit, ZOS have opted for the latter option, and stuck pretty well to it in my view (although I hate the skill lines and skill points being available for purchase, for example, while accepting that they are not strictly P2W, merely a step down the slippery slope to that end - and one that was simply meeting the demand of the players sadly).

Mounts are a classic example of that latter option. Mounts in the Crown Store are there for their appearance, not their stats. So if you diminish their appeal by adding extra mounts to the in-game rewards/achievements, then you have to come up with alternative revenue sources in the Crown Store and that risks taking us another step down that slippery slope to P2W.

As for subscribers, they can of course use their monthly allotment of Crowns to purchase such Crown Store items that they consider worthwhile - including mounts.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mounts but they are all from free things they give. I wanted more like sunspire mount but in dungeon rewards for example. Who cares about some mount you get from crates. Just random. I want to show it off like skins. Something to collect you know.

I might be missing something, but a “participation trophy” by just doing dungeons is something I’m not interested in showing off in-game.

A Master’s Restoration Staff, leathers dyed in Legate Black, or the Skyforge Smith Hammer are something worth showing off ... because I’ve completed the related content.

rRASF7L.png

PhOoG3e.png

PIZmJsc.png
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well buying even more mounts from crown store definietly is not helping to change current situation with lack of them in game. It's obvious ZoS wont stop making mounts almost exclusively in crown store if people are buying them like crazy. To change that people should stop buying mounts like crazy from crown store.

My point is that it's not gona happen other than the once in a bluemoon one we get as an event reward in game. People are not going to stop buying them.

I personally haven't bought a mount in a very long time but that's because I already have more than I need not because I think they will give more in game as rewards if I dont.
    Edited by Katahdin on December 10, 2019 9:11PM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo...

When do we get Chariots!?

Hmm!?
    giphy.gif
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, play more games that don't have predatory monetization models and all the rewards are earned by actually playing the game. That's not to say I encourage giving up on ESO - it's still a good game in spite of the scummy racket going on with that cash shop - but it is certainly a reminder of better times in the video gaming world.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I might be missing something, but a “participation trophy” by just doing dungeons is something I’m not interested in showing off in-game.

I agree. But they could also make some mounts hard to get like they do with skins.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been to the Stablemaster ... like ever?

You can buy mounts there from earning gold through casual stuff in game.

The same mounts since game launch. You are just proving the OP's complaint is valid.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A basic senche/guar/bear mount would be nice to add to stables in their designated areas.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Marcus684
      Marcus684
      ✭✭✭✭✭

A Master’s Restoration Staff, leathers dyed in Legate Black, or the Skyforge Smith Hammer are something worth showing off ... because I’ve completed the related content.

rRASF7L.png

PhOoG3e.png

PIZmJsc.png

Maybe I’m missing something, but I think you just contradicted yourself. All achievement rewards for completing them are cosmetic, and only good for “showing off”, unless you count the gear drops from things like vBRP or vMA.
      Edited by Marcus684 on December 10, 2019 9:42PM
    • bmnoble
      bmnoble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The only change I want in terms of mounts is for the ones available for Crown gems to be available for crowns, either instead or as well.

Not going to waste my money on crates, if I spend money on something I want the thing I am after.
    • Contaminate
      Contaminate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Given there’s been no mounts added to the base game except the Indriks which are more hoop jumping than mount, and no content updates to the base game since Homestead, I’d say the OP is completely right.
    • scorpius2k1
      scorpius2k1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They could easily add more in-game earnable rewards like pets/mounts and even then people would still buy crates. ESO can easily have both options, it's not going to cut into their profit margin that bad to add more to the actual game. Another point is earnable in-game content equates to players spending more actual time playing the game, I would think that alone is just as valuable to a company as a purchase. In-game earnable adds more value and appeal to the game itself. On a side note: stop saying "grind gold for crowns", it's rediculous and makes for a very boring experience. I want to play the actual game for what I am after and not endure constant grind fatigue and be at the "maybe" I'll get a crate mount from RNGesus...and if I don't get it then wash, rinse, repeat. Smdh. No thanks.

Another thing, why are mounts the same every time? Always a senche, a horse and a wolf or a bear.....It cant be that hard to make and introduce new mounts besides the same ones we've been getting for years. They have rehashed the same designs so many times. Mounts in ESO are starting to look like a Japanese MMO imho. Tamriel has PLENTY of creatures (including all the new ones they add with yearly chapter releases) that would make great mounts so it isn't lack of options and I am sure they have the budget. Just look at how many pet types there are. Yeah, it's easier to make a pet follow a player than a mount...and? ZoS is supposed to be a AAA content developer right? No excuse just because "it's harder", come on. New mounts may not be able to happen frequently, but they should at least happen every once in a while but haven't in 5+ years. They have to be making great profits from crates and other microtransactions, so what is the real reason here?

Anyway, I completely agree with OP. ESO is severely lacking in this area since launch and needs improvement. Sadly, I doubt it will ever actually happen.
      Edited by scorpius2k1 on December 11, 2019 1:08PM
      🌎 PC/NA
      🐧 Linux (Arch)
      🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
      ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    • redlink1979
      redlink1979
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Agree, we need more free shiny stuff!

PS - Daydreaming regarding mounts: it would be really nice if the mounts (those that are accessible to every single player) were all different in stats/perks. We would have a true sense of uniqueness.
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
      • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
      • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
      • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
      • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    • AlnilamE
      AlnilamE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Starlock wrote: »
      Alternatively, play more games that don't have predatory monetization models and all the rewards are earned by actually playing the game. That's not to say I encourage giving up on ESO - it's still a good game in spite of the scummy racket going on with that cash shop - but it is certainly a reminder of better times in the video gaming world.

You mean games that have a subscription?
      The Moot Councillor
    • tinythinker
      tinythinker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They could easily add more in-game earnable rewards like pets/mounts and even then people would still buy crates. ESO can easily have both options, it's not going to cut into their profit margin that bad to add more to the actual game. Another point is earnable in-game content equates to players spending more actual time playing the game, I would think that alone is just as valuable to a company as a purchase. In-game earnable adds more value and appeal to the game itself.

I completely agree with OP. ESO is severely lacking in this area since launch and needs improvement. Sadly, I doubt it will ever actually happen.
      Yup. (@scorpius2k1)

They had a skin you could get for a vet hardmode achievement then a similar but not the same skin you could by in the store. LOADS of options for this kind of distinction with collectables:
      • mounts that have different coloring/shading/textures and possibly even added particle effects, automatic emotes/noises/behaviors, etc. to distinguish "cash shop buy" from "earned it in game" - a deluxe versus a generic model
      • pets the same as above
      • etc., etc. with other collectibles in addition to adding to the list of unique "earnable in game" rewards they've slowly started putting in

And these aren't for something that take 20 minutes to a few hours. It would be something you either have to practice a lot or invest in through /played hours at a particular task. There are many achievements that take serious time and dedication in some area of the game that could be used this way.

Moreover, imagine if you had a shot at getting some rare Crown Store thing a very limited number of times as milestones in the game (subbed for so long, certain long-term achievements, some really hard to get achievements). Maybe you get some tattoos (*shrug*) or maybe you get an Apex mount. This actually raises awareness of the cool things in the Crown Store and if you hit a milestone on your account and don't get something cool you can fish for it in a Crate.

It doesn't have to be an either/or situation in a B2P game with a cash shop. There are ways to still reward effort, skill, and dedication with collectables while making money in a cash shop.
      Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
      (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this