The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The New Maormer Skin

zombniac
zombniac
✭✭✭
I am a Maormer roleplayer that has wanted a Sea Elf skin for many months now.

Call me spoiled, but I'm a tad disappointed at the Maormer Fish skin released.
9pwSxZr.jpg
Above is the skin, and as shown in the preview, it doesn't give off silver skin like Maormer have. When applied to the character on an Altmer character, it keeps a yellow skin tone. It doesn't even apply Maormer fish eyes.

Below is a Maormer leviathan, with fish ears and silver skin. It has the same scales but the silver skin makes it look much better
xEYYhM3.png

Lastly is a picture of Castire, a normal Maormer.
latest?cb=20180901094937

My point is that the skin is too subtle and doesn't at all make your character look like a Maormer. Originally, the Maormer Fish Skin was datamined alongside the Psijic Order crates. I had hoped that the reason behind waiting so long to release the skin was to update it because they updated the Summerset Maormer, but I was wrong.

I may be making a big deal out of this, but I've been waiting for Maormer aesthetics for a while. I would've poured a bunch of money if it at least gave you silver skin, but you can look more like a Maormer with the Arctic Rime skin or vamparism.

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like it as it is. Actually, I love it. It isn´t meant to transform your character into a maormer. It just gives you those brilliant and iridescent scales in some body parts.
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    You have a point for sure

For someone that wants to transformed into a Maormer, it's bleh
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zesynvyres wrote: »
    You have a point for sure

For someone that wants to transformed into a Maormer, it's bleh

Yeah, totally. But you can still try to recreate a maormer with a pale dunmer, with white hair, oracle eyes and, now, the skin.
  • Bluestat
    Bluestat
    ✭✭
    It looks funky as hell on my bretons and altmers but looks pretty good on dunmers with a bluish skin.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it on my Altmer. A lot. Makes him look like a leviathan/Altmer halfbreed (basically Mom with a few features of Dad).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, I am just disappointed that it's 100 gems, and I don't have the money (irl/gold) to rng it, or extract enough gems for it.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think im going to roll a dunmer to mimic the appearance
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only i feel the rng is extremly bad now? opened 16 crate. not even a legendary open.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the skin on both a Dunmer and an Altmer. Both still look like half-breeds because you still can't get the right skin tone for a Maormer character, but it still looks good. The Maormer in the game are all based on Altmer models, so of course using a pale Altmer would give you a closer result.
    It's too bad they destroyed the Altmer's passives.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I think im going to roll a dunmer to mimic the appearance
    Yeah, too bad we're stuck with lame workarounds. :disappointed: I'm using the Arctic Rime skin on a pale Dunmer and it works for a pseudo-Maormer skin... but it would be so much nicer to have a dedicated Maormer skin.

We have skins that turn us into various shades of lizards, several types of desiccated corpses, we can even look like we're made of mother-of-pearl with the new Opalescent Epidermis; but we still have no actual Maormer skin (and these scales don't work for that either, clearly).

So yes, OP, I feel your pain. I totally agree and support the give-us-a-Maormer-skin petition... maybe next year :smiley: ...
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    only i feel the rng is extremly bad now? opened 16 crate. not even a legendary open.
    Not sure about the RNG, but from personal experience, I got 0 Apex and 3 Legendaries (Bow style, a Motif book I extracted for gems, and the Personality I already had) from 15 Crates. That said, I got at least 5 duplicates of that lame Haj Mota pet and like 4 Mistletoe emotes... :lol: So yeah gambling Crates are pretty bad as always.

The data isn't perfect either, but these Crown Crate drop statistics are better than anecdotal evidence:
    https://www.crowncrates.com/frostatronach
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo all 3 skins in the current crown crate season are underwhelming, i was really looking forward to them but seeing them live...meh, not gonna spend on them. OP is right, they lack some awesomeness :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    I have been wanting this for such a long time, and now I am very pleased. I just need to decide to use it on a high-elf and be more of a half breed, or a dumner.

The lightest Dumner skin (first choice) seems pretty good. There is also one two or three clicks over to the right, which is light but more of a blue-green light skin. It looks pretty fishy.

What are other people using? Please post pictures of your unclothed Maromers!
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people are using Dunmer to fake their Maomer, but they are based on Altmer... is it just because of the blue-green skintone? Do you make them max height too?
  • Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    I used to us Altmer with L1 vampire in order to do my Maormer. However this skin hides the color changes from Vampirisim (and all the other bad effects too.. so... hooray for that).

Maormer are supposed to have a super light near translucent skin, so it should be more white than yellow or grey.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diggitydug wrote: »
    What are other people using? Please post pictures of your unclothed Maromers!
    Oooookay, but it's darned cold here in Windhelm (and people started to give me funny looks....)
    lqaXkUE.jpg
    dGrgG8m.jpg
    I agree, even the lightest Altmer skin is too golden/dark for a truebred Maormer, the vamp skin was truer to the Abah's Landing type of Maormer, but the fish skin still makes a fine snakeskin half-caste. Dunmer skin is better, but their faces just don't work for me.

PC EU.

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So people are using Dunmer to fake their Maomer, but they are based on Altmer... is it just because of the blue-green skintone? Do you make them max height too?
    Can't speak for others, but I personally don't think the pink and yellow skin tones of Altmer works for Maormer. That's why I'm faking mine with a Dunmer (ignore her black hair, I just wanted visible eyebrows and I always wear a hood anyway :lol:).
    maormer.png
    - The Arctic Rime skin isn't perfect since it's smudged/blotchy, but it looks closer to a Maormer gray on a Dunmer, while the Altmer still have the yellow and pink undertones visible which are too warm for Maormer.
    - The Maormer Fish-skin doesn't change the actual skin tone only adds the scales so it doesn't really fit Maormer, because even the scaly ones have a pale gray skintone that we can't replicate with Dunmer or Altmer.
    ON-npc-Snakeskin_Berserker_02.jpg
    So yeah... I don't know why ZOS hasn't already added a proper Maormer skin... we have skins in all colours of the rainbow for various random magical corpse looks, but we have nothing for Maormer, one of the most prominent non-playable races in ESO. *sadface* ZOS, pls...

Edit: Thought I'd add some Vampire-fake-Maormer pictures too :tongue: Dunmer with the lightest gray skin, plus just vampirism.
    Stage 1 has some red around the eyes. Stage 2 has even more red so I didn't even include that.
    Stage 3 gives us some smudged Racoon-eyes but otherwise it's pretty good. Stage 4 is too veiny.
    maormer2.png
    Edited by bluebird on December 13, 2019 6:59PM
  • Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    Well i have been waiting for this skin since it was data mined, which is almost two years, so I HIGHLY doubt we will get anything else, so we need to make the best of this skin that we can.
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    Despite it probably meaning nothing, the best we can do is show our disdain to ZoS.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but I love it. I plan on getting my hands on it next month and when I do I'll be turning vampire.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    This hides ALL the effects of vampire. So you can be a level 4 vampire Maormer, with no visible outward signs of vampirism. That in itself is a great bonus. I am thinking rerolling altmer to dummer to switch from a light yellow to a light grey. I prefer the white of vampire skins but I can’t do both the white color and these scales.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was an option to keep the vampire look and add the skin on top of it. An Altmer with vampirism+fish skin would make the perfect Maormer so I wish this skin didn't overwrite it. Though I respect the fact people bought it to get rid of the paleness.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • waswar292
    waswar292
    ✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    I wish there was an option to keep the vampire look and add the skin on top of it. An Altmer with vampirism+fish skin would make the perfect Maormer so I wish this skin didn't overwrite it. Though I respect the fact people bought it to get rid of the paleness.

I'm quite in agreement with this. Overwriting the Altmer Vampirism skin inadvertently reduces the robustness of this skin for Maormer looks.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skin is perfect for my altmer/maormer mage but for a pure sea elf? yeah.... not the best
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skin is perfect for my altmer/maormer mage but for a pure sea elf? yeah.... not the best

I never thought the fish scales were particularly fitting for a Maormer as none that I’ve seen in game have them and, indeed, I don’t think it would make sense as they are sea-faring elves but not aquatic. I think a light-skinned with the right features and oracle eyes looks quite convincing, personally. :) Nevertheless, I know many people had been wanting this skin so it is good to see it has been released.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never thought the fish scales were particularly fitting for a Maormer as none that I’ve seen in game have them
    The Maormer leviathans you can meet in Sunhold sport those scales. They are also eight feet high and crawl on all fours because one of their parents was a sea serpent...
    PC EU.

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. It is perfect for my Sealady of the North (or Ice Witch) as it is now.
    GIbGQTE.jpg
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    I disagree. It is perfect for my Sealady of the North (or Ice Witch) as it is now.
    GIbGQTE.jpg

Ice witch? I deem her HOT!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Can't speak for others, but I personally don't think the pink and yellow skin tones of Altmer works for Maormer. That's why I'm faking mine with a Dunmer (ignore her black hair, I just wanted visible eyebrows and I always wear a hood anyway :lol:).
    Maormer can have black and brown hair. You see a lot of black-haired ones in Khenarthi's Roost (before you finish the quests on that island).
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GIbGQTE.jpg

what style gloves are those
    at a place nobody knows
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rabid64 wrote: »
    GIbGQTE.jpg

what style gloves are those
    That's celestial light gloves.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.