The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The New Maormer Skin

• Tycleton
    Tycleton
    ✭✭✭
    Does it enhance the look of an Argonian? Scales on lizards make sense. I realize this doesn't get you the long desired Maormer elves. Are there any great looks outside the elf races?

A scaly Orc just sounds like a bad skin disease!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tycleton wrote: »
    A scaly Orc just sounds like a bad skin disease!
    Interference colors look pretty good on pretty much everyone, thus my Orcs are even more beautiful with those iridiscent scales ^^.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    The closest I can get is with an Altmer with the Artic Rime skin and oracle eyes
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works marvelous to hide vampirism on argonians. On some of the argonian skin types it looks completely natural even and is just some fancier scales.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for making the skin 100 crowns, ZOS. Maybe I'll get lucky someday in the future if they return it. >.<
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem I have with it is that it has no effect on Argonian tails (I haven't checked Khajiit), which in many outfits are the only skin showing.

I end up with this beautiful shimmering scale, and a boring caudum. My character's name is not Dull-Tail! Though that would work very well had I the foresight to use in conjunction with the skin.
    Molag's balls!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I have with it is that it has no effect on Argonian tails (I haven't checked Khajiit), which in many outfits are the only skin showing.

I end up with this beautiful shimmering scale, and a boring caudum. My character's name is not Dull-Tail! Though that would work very well had I the foresight to use in conjunction with the skin.

This goes for a lot of skins and markings when it comes to argonians. It's such a pity and so noticeable too, since their tails can be quite large.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfect as is imo and if they changed it, I'd like a rebate since I spent gems on it.

I never liked how some of the maormer looked, it seemed like overkill tbh (just looks like they have goose-bumps or chickenpox lol).

The skin however, comes out nice, it's spread out in a way that isn't overkill and works great with other appearance customizations.

It's easily one of the best skins in the game imo. The other two from the crates, while nice --- could use a tweak though. You really can't see anything but the skin and that needs to stop with skins (or at least give us a toggle option).
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on January 8, 2020 4:26PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfect as is imo and if they changed it, I'd like a rebate since I spent gems on it.

I never liked how some of the maormer looked, it seemed like overkill tbh (just looks like they have goose-bumps or chickenpox lol).

The skin however, comes out nice, it's spread out in a way that isn't overkill and works great with other appearance customizations.

It's easily one of the best skins in the game imo. The other two from the crates, while nice --- could use a tweak though. You really can't see anything but the skin and that needs to stop with skins (or at least give us a toggle option).

I didn't buy any of those skins, but fun fact (noticed while previewing) the red skin with psyjic body imprint turns the glowing blue markings to glowing yellow/orange markings.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't buy any of those skins, but fun fact (noticed while previewing) the red skin with psyjic body imprint turns the glowing blue markings to glowing yellow/orange markings.

Yeah it's not that the other two are bad, I actually like them and there are a few things that look cool -- but I believe they could be fine-tuned a bit more.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the skin should change the tone to a whiter shade. Either that, or it should have been a tattoo so a pale skin could be added with it.

Forum won't let me upload a new image from my pc right now, so I can take a costume-less pic, but here's a previously posted image of my Maormer, Katlornum. I didn't like the look of the blue scales against the yellow skin, so I added a tattoo.
    j9l6rc3venyy.png
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    I agree that the skin should change the tone to a whiter shade. Either that, or it should have been a tattoo so a pale skin could be added with it.

Forum won't let me upload a new image from my pc right now, so I can take a costume-less pic, but here's a previously posted image of my Maormer, Katlornum. I didn't like the look of the blue scales against the yellow skin, so I added a tattoo.
    j9l6rc3venyy.png

WOW, she awesome! Totally love her!!! <3
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW, she awesome! Totally love her!!! <3

Thank you!
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    So people are using Dunmer to fake their Maomer, but they are based on Altmer... is it just because of the blue-green skintone? Do you make them max height too?
    Can't speak for others, but I personally don't think the pink and yellow skin tones of Altmer works for Maormer. That's why I'm faking mine with a Dunmer (ignore her black hair, I just wanted visible eyebrows and I always wear a hood anyway :lol:)
    As @SydneyGrey said, some (vanilla) sea elves have dark hair.

And even if the scaly skin was waited by many - me included at first - I concluded it won't fit well.
    Indeed it doesn't lighten the skin underneath. Moreover, the mindless brutes are the ones known to have these scales, seemingly because of snake merger alchemy...

The problem to use a Dark Elf is mainly the body size.
    The racials (fire-leaning) are a bit odd also. The face features are debatable, and thus chosen carefully. But if one has got the oracle eyes and assumes to play a very tiny maormer, I guess it's OK.

With an High Elf at least, the only concern is the skin tone.
    Vampire effect is a clever way, but you should assume him/her as a vampire then... (and I don't like to play a vampire) or be extremely careful with the stage in order not to break immersion about your sea elf...
    Diggitydug wrote: »
    I have been wanting this for such a long time, and now I am very pleased. I just need to decide to use it on a high-elf and be more of a half breed, or a dumner.

The lightest Dumner skin (first choice) seems pretty good. There is also one two or three clicks over to the right, which is light but more of a blue-green light skin. It looks pretty fishy.

What are other people using? Please post pictures of your unclothed Maromers!

Half breed is a pretty legit solution, we know (since Summerset) that some maormer and altmer can have romance.

As for me, I think I've got the best solution for a pure-blood Sea Elf, given what I've said =>
    bluebird wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I think im going to roll a dunmer to mimic the appearance
    Yeah, too bad we're stuck with lame workarounds. :disappointed: I'm using the Arctic Rime skin on a pale Dunmer and it works for a pseudo-Maormer skin... but it would be so much nicer to have a dedicated Maormer skin.

We have skins that turn us into various shades of lizards, several types of desiccated corpses, we can even look like we're made of mother-of-pearl with the new Opalescent Epidermis; but we still have no actual Maormer skin (and these scales don't work for that either, clearly).

we can even look like we're made of mother-of-pearl with the new Opalescent Epidermis
    =>This.

This skin arrived just the same time the scaly one, but if we look closer, we have many points making it viable as a Maormer skin

- a grey tone, just a bit darker than the darkest Maormer (from the vanilla game)
    - a shiny effect, that seems fine for a jellyfish-like skin (like their "flesh were made of some white limpid jelly" as described in old lore)
    - multicolored iridescence, that reminded me the "chameleon-like" effect of their skin in old lore too.
    - I imagine some Maormer like cuttlefish elves :p We have seen two breeds of Maormer until now ("vipers" in Vanilla AD + Hews Bane, "sharks" in Summerset), who knows what dwells among the Pyandoneans when we finally discover them one day?
    - Anyway, I could say it is merely a Nacre magic specific to my character.
    - the stony parts of that skin can be hidden under outfits or assumed as sticking stripes of sand.

Add the oracle eyes and proper outfit and you get something like this:

latest?cb=20200123025915&path-prefix=fr

Pretty convincing to my eyes.

I'm going with this as Sorcerer because of obvious reasons.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the scale skin could lend to some fun half-breeds, more than anything else.

True, the Maormer facial structure is pretty well 100% the Altmer, and you're not getting rid of the gold for blue there. Dunmer may look better, but the faces then seem wrong....

But as someone who's really into building backstories, I immediately saw a way for one of my elf characters (a Bosmer, actually) to end up being the child of a Maormer and a playable race. After all, Notes on Racial Phylogeny does say that children will take after the racial characteristics of the mother, but may have traces of the father. Pretty well this skin wrote me a whole story of a Bosmer who ended up pregnant with a Maormer - her kid ends up with some visible scales, so he's not exactly accepted in his society, and that drives him to the Thieves' Guild or Brotherhood. And he's Bosmer, so of course he's a bowman, but then I can also make him a stamsorc for the lightning powers he gets from his father's side.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »

j9l6rc3venyy.png

Wow what tattoo is that? It works really well!
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Also the skin actually is noticeable on dunmer...not so much on humanoids and altmer to the degree they show on the npcs though
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got the Maomer skin! And would like to altmer my opinion... I would like the skin to allow for the vampirism to bleed through. My sea elf looks more yellow with the skin, even though I gave her the palest skin tone possible.

The skin would work better if it just covered up the veining and the vamp eyes, and left the skin chalky.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    I used it on my Breton to hide vampirism and I’m very happy!
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow what tattoo is that? It works really well!

Thanks! It's the Plague Dragon Body Stains from the Baandari Pedler Crown Crate.