The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTR 5.1.4- Why change Power Surge?

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ALRIGHT WHO’S NECROING THREADS LIKE A NERD NOW.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Players were hollering for necromancy.
  • gel214thb14_ESO
    gel214thb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Just came back to playing my Mag Sorcerer and was dying all over the place. I noticed my heals weren't coming through and wondered why. Lo and behold, this thread. I cannot believe they killed this build.

This was my goto PVE character that I just ran around with doing stories and completing my PVE content. This is why I have moved well away from playing MMORPGs, I think developers do this on purpose and there is some algorithm somewhere that points out what classes and power sets to nerf or neuter to force players to play longer to develop another spec.

I can't really think of another reason. I'm very disappointed by this. Are we expected to respec to Stamina Sorcerers now for PVE and get all new gear?

Luckily, ZOS has made the totally groundbreaking innovation of including tool tips in the game. With descriptions! Where you can read what skills do!

With this cool feature no one has ever heard of before, players don't have to rely on completely outdated forum threads to get their information, and are less likely to be misinformed. Thus freeing up valuable resources so you can panic about actual catastrophes, like climate change.

Disclaimer: Being able and willing to read is a prerequisite.

Thank you for the sarcastic response. I Lol'd.

Yes, I came to the boards to see what was wrong. I had to respec into Critical Surge instead of Power Surge and that fixed my issue. I have my critical heals back again.

Unfortunately, you cannot see morphs you have not selected or past skills in the User Interface, so without checking forums or other sites, it's impossible to see what may have been changed or what new morphs will do.

In fact, I don't think there is even a proper tree listing of all powers on the official website.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihEhsdwiIk
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Just came back to playing my Mag Sorcerer and was dying all over the place. I noticed my heals weren't coming through and wondered why. Lo and behold, this thread. I cannot believe they killed this build.

This was my goto PVE character that I just ran around with doing stories and completing my PVE content. This is why I have moved well away from playing MMORPGs, I think developers do this on purpose and there is some algorithm somewhere that points out what classes and power sets to nerf or neuter to force players to play longer to develop another spec.

I can't really think of another reason. I'm very disappointed by this. Are we expected to respec to Stamina Sorcerers now for PVE and get all new gear?

Luckily, ZOS has made the totally groundbreaking innovation of including tool tips in the game. With descriptions! Where you can read what skills do!

With this cool feature no one has ever heard of before, players don't have to rely on completely outdated forum threads to get their information, and are less likely to be misinformed. Thus freeing up valuable resources so you can panic about actual catastrophes, like climate change.

Disclaimer: Being able and willing to read is a prerequisite.

Thank you for the sarcastic response. I Lol'd.

Yes, I came to the boards to see what was wrong. I had to respec into Critical Surge instead of Power Surge and that fixed my issue. I have my critical heals back again.

Unfortunately, you cannot see morphs you have not selected or past skills in the User Interface, so without checking forums or other sites, it's impossible to see what may have been changed or what new morphs will do.

In fact, I don't think there is even a proper tree listing of all powers on the official website.

So what? Go to the respec shrine and see for yourself. You don't actually pay anything to see the other morph, only if you actually change anything. Simple.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on December 19, 2019 5:34PM
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can people please stop re-raising this thread from the dead? the stench of decay is making me ill.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can people please stop re-raising this thread from the dead? the stench of decay is making me ill.

FFS that guy almost gave me a heart attack.

Really dude, read the thread and respec, don't necro threads.
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

you do understand i am the OP who made this thread right? lol
    i am asking other people to stop posting here because its no longer necessary
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oops
    Edited by JJBoomer on December 23, 2019 2:27AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

you do understand i am the OP who made this thread right? lol
    i am asking other people to stop posting here because its no longer necessary

Why not ask for it to be closed then js as tbh this was my 1st time seeing it and didn't know it was an old dead post tell reading some of the dates
  • Amoureros
    Amoureros
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is strong enough. Buff isn't necessary.
    Edited by Amoureros on December 23, 2019 2:53AM
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amoureros wrote: »
    Sorcerer is strong enough. Buff isn't necessary.

spoken like someone who has never played sorcerer
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonI could you or one of the other mods lock my thread for me? its no longer needed