The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What would you like the 2020 chapter to feature?

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actual good amount of content worth the price that is asked for it. Sorry but the amount of content we got with elsweyr is a bad joke considering its price.

Yeah, I like Elsweyr visually (especially Southern), but it was a bit like two DLCs - a larger one and a smaller one.

Wrothgar is bigger than N. Elsweyr.
  • killed_Persephone
    killed_Persephone
    ✭✭✭
    1 hand and rune
    looks like some folks miss the topic...

Back To Topic:
    1-H weapon with rune...

I want to play my breton Sorceress as accurately as possible, but unfortunately she is tied to this annoying Destruction Staff... How can it be that there are 8 stamina weapons, but only 2 Magicka weapons? And of those 2, only one is effective for a damage dealer... My sorceress wants to finally get her Nord father's sword out of her family heirlooms' chest and ram her enemies with cold steel and magic into the ground.
    Edited by killed_Persephone on December 11, 2019 2:24PM
    PC-EU ~|~ CP 1200+ ~|~ UserID: 'killed.Persephone' | Gilde: Tamriels Häkelfreunde & Smile | Passionierte PvE'lerin ohne Battle-Pets
    Rhíanwyn "Rhíann Runenstein" Fenrisversen ~|~ Bretonin ~|~ Zauberin ~|~ EP
    Familienclan Fenrisversen:
    • Rhagnar "Wolfsmond" Fenrisversen ~|~Nord ~|~ Drachenritter ~|~ EP
    • Brynja "Schneewolf" Fenrisversen ~|~ Nord ~|~ Templerin ~|~ EP
    • Persephone Vadryn ~|~ Dunmer ~|~ Nekromantin/Vampir ~|~ EP
    • Amee-Lee ~|~ Argonierin ~|~ Drachenritterin ~|~ EP
    • Lagertha gra-Khadgar ~|~ Ork ~|~ Hüterin ~|~ EP
    • Kíeraniel Grünschatten ~|~ Bosmer ~|~ Hüterin ~|~ AD
    • Shuvani ~|~ Khajiit ~|~ Nekromantin ~|~ AD
    • Eljadhwyn ~|~ Altmer ~|~ Templerin ~|~ AD
    • Eljadhan ~|~ Altmer ~|~ Zauberer ~|~ AD
    • Diana Peregrinus ~|~ Kaiserliche ~|~ Drachenritterin ~|~ DB
    • Robín Locksley ~|~ Bretonin ~|~ Nachtklinge ~|~ DB
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why people want ESO to be a reworking of Skyrim.

I liked Skyrim. But if I want to go to Skyrim, I’ll replay it.

It seems moronic to have a game with so much potential to create new stories and areas spend all its time revisiting the same areas other ESO games inhabit. Although it would be the cheap, unimaginative option (both from a developer and player standpoint) and sadly fits in with Morrowind (tagline ‘we’re going back to Morrowind’) and Summerset (tagline ‘we’re going back to Summerset’).

I’d rather be taken to somewhere I’ve never been rather than back (again) to a zone that I know all too well.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 hand and rune
    One more vote for One Handed + Rune skill line.

As for a theme, I would love to see a giant underground Dwemer city. Or a network or several cities.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard Skilline
    CP rework to make overland content more of a challenge would be ideal for me..
    However; from your list i would love a Bard class or skill line.

Especially considering if we're going to Solitude / Skyrim in 2020 there is a Solitude bard college. :)
  • ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    Spear
    While priority of "features" for this expansion should be 1H&R, I do hope for a spear line, particularly a DPS Spear&Shield line that provides stamina-focused group buffs at the cost of individual defense to prevent PVP abuse but I also think another 2H line would be cool as an interesting extended range item, especially with abilities like Stone Giant going beyond melee range.

I know this isn't likely because of current motifs and how to retroactively give that to players with complete motifs (what is the threshold? half? 10/14? 14/14?) but it could add another dimension to the game.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katrk wrote: »
    So with the new chapter being announced in January what would you like to be included in the chapter?

Much more interested in the lower three than the top
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of the above?

Can definately say do NOT want Skyrim or Vampire Lord or any other such rehash.

Agree with @FierceSam about the possibilities for original stories.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop trying to make it into skyrim. skyrim got milked for everything it was worth. I don't want to see it agian, being milked for every penny, I would like to see something new and origanal, not the same old stuff just to keep making more money off a already getting stale game.
  • Milo
    Milo
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, i do not think we need yet another Stamina Weapon. They have sooo many options, while Magickaplebs got 2 Staffs, where one is just for healing...

Idk what, im not getting paid to design stuff like this, and there are more creative minds than me. But i feel like more options for magicka chars would be a welcome gift.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joking aside, a working system
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spell crafting
    Pvp features and updates /improvements followed by my poll choice
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Less content, more bug fixes.

Yep, this.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 hand and rune
    Spellcraft has, to my knowledge, been announced as totally off the table for development. As such, there are only two things (and I think both of them should be in something as large as a chapter) on the list I'd like to see.

A Magicka-Melee Weapon. While I really do like staves, it is just very awkward for magicka-melee characters to use them when up close to their targets. This game has needed a melee-ranged magicka weapon for a long time because of it's wonky "heavy attacks restore resources and this is based on your weapon type" mechanic. Honestly, I would prefer the mechanic simply be changed as it would open up a huge swath of character design options, but in the absence of that? We need a melee range weapon that restores magicka on heavy attacks. I assume that's what this weird 1-handed and rune thing would be.

A New Guild Skill Line. Of the establish guilds, the main one we are missing is the Bardic College. While this could also be a class (and I wouldn't mind it as a class!) I think that it will work better as a skill line with a guild story. There are plenty of musical emotes in the game that could be incorporated into it and some of the in-game rewards could include the creation of music boxes for our homes (or even an assistant that we earn that is a Bard for our home).
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unarmed (hand-to-hand)
    Brawler/Monk class
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Unarmed (hand-to-hand)
    Brawler/Monk class

that class/skill line and bard class/skill line have been #3 and #2 requested on the forums since launch (with necromancer being #1)

but if that happens, it will likely be 2021 at the earliest (for a class)… might get a skill line faster
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A real auction system.

A massive update to fishing.

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell crafting
    I'd be excited about most of those, less so for crossbow or even bard tho. I think it's too soon for an entire new class (Bard). My only concern about 1H+rune is that it risks being much weaker in offensive capabilities (like 1H+shield)...
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole anti-skyrim "it's all fanboy service" rhetoric going around is kinda baffling.

Skyrim is in Tamriel. Its gonna be in the game sooner or later. Same as Vvardenfell was added. Same as Gold Coast was added. Sooner or later everything we've seen before and everything we haven't will be in the game.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spell crafting
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Needed an "Other" option....

Both 1 hand and rune and (wincing....) Bard Skill line. The wince is because I want it to be ANYTHING but Skyrim, but wanting the bard skill line pretty much means it needs to be Haafingar.

*sigh* I LOVE Skyrim. And I'm playing it alongside both Oblivion and ESO. I really do NOT want ESO to go full on Skyrim. Talk about conflicted.

Agreed. I too am playing Skyrim again, but I am getting REALLY bored of drunken Nords and their obsessing about mead. I'm all Norded out now!

If it is Skyrim, then this will be the chapter I will be unlikely to buy. Thatand the performance really needs sorting, before I spend any more on this game.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of these options are going to make me more inclined to buy the next chapter. They're just not something I'm waiting for.

However,

I would like some more short leg coverings, and please give us more options with hiding armor pieces. Need to show my ink.

I would also like to see multicraft tables. Either one table per set or each type of table being able to be used for multiple sets. Would really clean up guild houses.

As a pleb, I'd like a quick change ability added to the base game. I'd like presets with skill/gear/cp setups but even just armor sets would be great.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a more interesting and challenging selection of options that aren’t simply ripped off from other games....

Just a thought.

Oh and the obvious fast, working servers with functioning group finder would be nice.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a chapter where I can "play as I like". Thank you.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Creative ideas that motivate players to play, none in your list is creative
    Pc na
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 hand and rune
    I would like more character slot!
  • sorcmag01
    sorcmag01
    ✭✭✭
    This one would like to see a new jungle outfit while using a poison dart weapon.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard Skilline
    STOP MAKING US WAIT FOR A NEW MAGICKA WEAPON LINE, ZOS.

I would rather see something like spell books tbh.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard Skilline
    CP rework to make overland content more of a challenge would be ideal for me..
    However; from your list i would love a Bard class or skill line.

Especially considering if we're going to Solitude / Skyrim in 2020 there is a Solitude bard college. :)

CP rework will not do that.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 hand and rune
    1 hand and spell is something that needed to be implemented from the start imo, I dont think many of us joined eso coming from the tes games and wanted to be staff users. Im sure there is a decent amount that would like to use staffs but I feel like spellswords are much more popular then staffs.

I also wouldnt mind a vampire overhaul but I dont want vampire lord
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Other”
    Server stability... that is all...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on December 12, 2019 2:02PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."