The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fishing Is Borrrrriiiiinnnnngggg!

• Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do love that you make a thread complaining about fishing when you're not even fishing in the right area and if you hate to fish, just wait until you have to farm the pearls in order to craft artaeum take away broth, unless you want to buy 1 for 8k (the price on ps4 EU atm and you need 5 pearls to craft it) you have a lot of grinding to do ✌️
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 11, 2019 4:44AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't going to mess with fishing in this game after burning out on it in WoW and RIFT. But then... I realized there were dyes you couldn't get any other way.... and filleting fish is the only cheap way to get perfect roe. Not to mention kelp piles and various sorts of housing "fish" items....

So I'm working on my third master fisher. On my second account, EU. Funny thing, it's actually relaxing at this time of year. So much going on IRL.... but just casting and reeling in gives me a HUGE break. Halfway through EP (already have AD and DC, as well as Cyro on him - biggest issue is getting to Coldharbour), and I'm actually just chilling.

Which makes a sort of perfect sense, since that's what the weather is doing....
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least its not broken
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    When I see anyone fishing in this game only one word springs to mind.

Masochist

(in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.
    "what kind of masochist would take part in such an experiment?"
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusiouk wrote: »
    When I see anyone fishing in this game only one word springs to mind.

Masochist

(in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.
    "what kind of masochist would take part in such an experiment?"

To be fair...
    Any of us that continues to play this game
    Are in fact experiencing Masochistic tendencies
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I got both recipes from Artaeum by myself in about 30 minutes. So it shouldn't be a long or complicated ordeal.

It's acquiring the clam gall or mother of pearl (depending on which recipe you want to use) that will take quite a bit longer.

Got mine after about 30 mins - I feel the OPs main issue might have been he was fishing in summerset, not arteum....
    Edited by MJallday on December 11, 2019 12:53PM
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    I really do love that you make a thread complaining about fishing when you're not even fishing in the right area and if you hate to fish, just wait until you have to farm the pearls in order to craft artaeum take away broth, unless you want to buy 1 for 8k (the price on ps4 EU atm and you need 5 pearls to craft it) you have a lot of grinding to do ✌️

I'm glad you love the thread.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    NekoTashi wrote: »
    Fishing is Borrrrriiiiinnnnngggg because you make it borrrrriiiiinnnnngggg, lol.

Nope! It is simply borrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg no matter what I do.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see ESO do a quest/achievement/event daily that gave new fishing poles!!
    I mean come on.... We stare at this same bamboo stick for ever!!
    How bout a opportunity to get a graphically better fishing pole?? Maybe add contest for rare items or rewards for rare fish?

Just my 2 drakes... Huzzah!!!

P.S. Fishing is not boring to all!! :)

Good idea! A Fenwick pole with a good Daiwa reel -- gold plated when you reach Master level.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    I got the “takeaway broth” recipe after fishing for a few hours so that’s not too bad... as someone else mentioned, the real problem is the powdered mother of Pearl. It’s worse than getting the recipe by far because you need 5 for each batch and the most you’ll get at once is 1 or 2, and that’s every half hour or more of geysers or fishing.

I have about 30 Mother Of Pearl in my bag. I will only use it sparingly in the toughest challenges.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    The thing is fishing in reality IS boring. It's a downtime activity. I actually kind of like it as it is.

Real life fishing isn't as boring because you are using actual skill; you have the sound of nature around you; and when you hook a fish there's an actual feeling of catching a fish coupled with the bending of the fishing rod and the visual spectacle of the fish swimming back and forth as you reel it in. And, if it's the right kind of fish, you have a tasty meal.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've obviously never fished in rl...
    Guess what?? Its pretty boring 😬
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be worse. It could be a JRPG where fishing suddenly becomes super serious business with game-changing effects.

One day someone needs to explain to me why Japanese games have hardcore fishing.

It's quite simple really, fishing is a huge part of Japanese culture. They're a small island and have relied on fishing to survive as long as they've been around.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speaking of fishing, does character level have any bearing on your results?
    Or is RNGeezus equally fickle with low-level characters vs higher-level; say, lvl10 versus CP124 (the current range of all of my characters)?

Just wondering if it matters who I use when I go fishing in Artaeum (where I plan to start my journey toward Master Angler).

Edit: Ok, character level doesn't appear to have any effect. Oh, and I got the Pickled Fish Bowl at my second fishing hole of the evening (first time fishing in Artaeum), and I had all three rare fish within 30 minutes. Not a bad start in my book. Still need the Take Away Broth...
    Edited by bearbelly on December 15, 2019 9:08AM
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    You've obviously never fished in rl...
    Guess what?? Its pretty boring 😬

I've done a ton of "real life" fishing. Ever fish in Davey's Locker off of the coast of California's Newport Beach? Awesome and super fun! Ever do any surf fishing from the sandy shore into the ocean using a long, heavy surf pole? Great fun and the sound of the ocean still visits my ear drum even to this day (I live in Utah now). Ever troll for striped bass in a mountain lake? Great fun!

Real life fishing is a 1000% more fun than ESO fishing.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Speaking of fishing, does character level have any bearing on your results?
    Or is RNGeezus equally fickle with low-level characters vs higher-level; say, lvl10 versus CP124 (the current range of all of my characters)?

Just wondering if it matters who I use when I go fishing in Artaeum (where I plan to start my journey toward Master Angler).

Edit: Ok, character level doesn't appear to have any effect. Oh, and I got the Pickled Fish Bowl at my second fishing hole of the evening (first time fishing in Artaeum), and I had all three rare fish within 30 minutes. Not a bad start in my book. Still need the Take Away Broth...

Yeah. Good to hear!

Fishing in Artaeum is the best experience I've had fishing, so far. Maybe when I try some of the Pickled Fish Bowl "meal" I'll have better luck elsewhere as well.