The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Update on the Update on the Undaunted Event

wallace.fanningb14_ESO
Howdy @ZOS_GinaBruno , may we get an update on the Undaunted event please?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, we'll get an update-- most likely via a news announcement the day before the event starts, as per usual protocol. So hold your breath until Wednesday. Then, if you don't hear anything by Wednesday afternoon, ask again. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • RaveRaveRaveRave
    RaveRaveRaveRave
    ✭✭✭
    For real, I'd like to know before I give in and buy the opal weapon I want from some swindler for BS prices when I could've just earned them on my own if I was allowed to play during the 3 hour event.
  • wallace.fanningb14_ESO
    @SeaGtGruff thanks for your thoughts, but given that you have no direct information please consider asking me "hold your breath". This has been going on for weeks with no update... If I held my breath I'd literally (and likely metaphorically) be dead...

The only dates that @ZOS_GinaBruno mentioned have passed without an update, it is quite reasonable to ask for one now.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For real, I'd like to know before I give in and buy the opal weapon I want from some swindler for BS prices when I could've just earned them on my own if I was allowed to play during the 3 hour event.

Well, I definitely wouldn’t recommend buying anything from a swindler, but fortunately ESO has a way to trade items securely — just double-check before you click ‘Submit.’ :)
  • wallace.fanningb14_ESO

Well, I definitely wouldn’t recommend buying anything from a swindler, but fortunately ESO has a way to trade items securely — just double-check before you click ‘Submit.’ :)

@Araneae6537 Your reply is a red herring and solely operates to deflect from the issues related to the topic... Yes there *are* mechanisms related to general purchases yet there are *not*, yet announced, mechanisms related purchases related to the previously announced and potentially *falsely* advertised event as listed above.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom *ZOS: please note because of the troll army and your lack of response, I consider this notification to your company of an informal complaint, prior to notification of a formal complaint via FTC. I just want an answer as to what is going on. If it is no, an an explanation of the situation and/or relevant compensation would be great as well. I really wish this were the end of my post, but inconsistent types of responses demand the following:

Failing that, I reserve the right to forward this as a more formal complaint, potentially including false advertising (and/or retaliation depending on what you lock and/or delete - including my all of my account(s)[ZOS, forums, Bethesda, etc] ). As a specific note, delation and/or locking of this thread may constitute violations of relevant federal regulation (as related to the complaint process) and/or federal statute (as related to the collection of judicialable information - specifically related to actual complaint contents, as well as class status). This will be screenshotted for documentation; again, I am truly only hoping for helpful followup... Maybe even just a link to more information you have?
  • wallace.fanningb14_ESO

@Araneae6537 Your reply is a red herring and solely operates to deflect from the issues related to the topic... Yes there *are* mechanisms related to general purchases yet there are *not*, yet announced, mechanisms related purchases related to the previously announced and potentially *falsely* advertised event as listed above.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom *ZOS: please note because of the troll army and your lack of response, I consider this notification to your company of an informal complaint, prior to notification of a formal complaint via FTC. I just want an answer as to what is going on. If it is no, an an explanation of the situation and/or relevant compensation would be great as well. I really wish this were the end of my post, but inconsistent types of responses demand the following:

Failing that, I reserve the right to forward this as a more formal complaint, potentially including false advertising (and/or retaliation depending on what you lock and/or delete - including my all of my account(s)[ZOS, forums, Bethesda, etc] ). As a specific note, delation and/or locking of this thread may constitute violations of relevant federal regulation (as related to the complaint process) and/or federal statute (as related to the collection of judicialable information - specifically related to actual complaint contents, as well as class status). This will be screenshotted for documentation; again, I am truly only hoping for helpful followup... Maybe even just a link to more information you have?

Also, threads, and account are often interchangeable, my apologies.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wallacepfub17_ESO Filing a complaint over a postponed event seems a bit much... It’s not like it’s something you’re guaranteed for buying the game or subbing. One would have far more reason to complain if they weren’t able to log in and play at all, as happened on the EU server as you know. I think it fair to say that making sure that doesn’t happen again is rightfully a priority.

I can only conjecture what you mean by “troll army.” @SeaGtGruff pointed out when such things have been posted in the past — nothing new to you we may assume but far from trolling and a not unreasonable response in my opinion. My own post was not in response to your post as you can see. I was talking about trade between players and emphasizing what steps one can take to prevent being scammed, as that seemed to be the issue of concern. Calling it a “red herring” is entirely non sequitur.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time we get an update, I want those opal styles!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please note because of the troll army and your lack of response, I consider this notification to your company...]

My favorite part was "judicialable". I'm not going to quote the rest. Going to save the moderators some work.

But no, event cancellation is not false advertising. It's about as justifiable as filing a claim against a county fair because it rained on the day you wanted to go. *** happens.

The sweepstakes period ends on January 5, 2020. That's the only relevant date. If they don't relaunch Undaunted this weekend, no big deal. If they don't relaunch it during the New Life Festival, no big deal. January 2nd through January 5th still absolutely works, doesn't overlap with another event, and it's still within the sweepstakes dates. They may have to count November 14 as a day of the event as tickets were earned and the Undaunted earned ticket maximum is 15, not 18.

All considerations that need to be finalized before any sort of announcement. So let them handle it. Threats on the forum are not going to expedite anything except disciplinary action on your account. I may know a thing or two about that, too.
    signing off
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seriously? You would file a FTC complaint just because ZOS hasn’t rescheduled an event? I think you need to find a new hobby or something :) Listen, I’m sure ZOS is being extra careful and trying to make sure that the disaster which was the activity finder doesn’t cave like it did the last time, otherwise they will be fodder for every forum troll known to man. They have made some bug fixes along those lines, but I have a feeling their Q/A department has been given the word not to miss a damn thing. I think most of us are willing to be patient enough in the hope they get it right this time.

Edited by Ashtaris on December 10, 2019 9:05AM
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like when the Internet legal expert shows up lol. Per the ToS, they're allowed to do whatever they want, including change dates, pull events, at their discretion without notice. Also Aranaea's point was fair and related to the post above it, not a "red herring" lmao wut. We, the consumers, whether paying or not, are not "owed" anything except by their promise of some basic working product or an attempt by the company to offer such. All jokes and memes aside, we do certainly have that.

Back to the point, yeah an update would be nice. The last one was Nov 20 I believe. It would be cool to get a few more pages, but I did buy the ones I wanted already... To the tune of like 2.4 Million gold lol yeah. I certainly wasn't swindled, those are the prices the market decided and that I agreed to pay of course. No hard feelings here.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • wallace.fanningb14_ESO

Acrolas wrote: »
    please note because of the troll army and your lack of response, I consider this notification to your company...]

My favorite part was "judicialable". I'm not going to quote the rest. Going to save the moderators some work.

But no, event cancellation is not false advertising. It's about as justifiable as filing a claim against a county fair because it rained on the day you wanted to go. *** happens.

The sweepstakes period ends on January 5, 2020. That's the only relevant date. If they don't relaunch Undaunted this weekend, no big deal. If they don't relaunch it during the New Life Festival, no big deal. January 2nd through January 5th still absolutely works, doesn't overlap with another event, and it's still within the sweepstakes dates. They may have to count November 14 as a day of the event as tickets were earned and the Undaunted earned ticket maximum is 15, not 18.

All considerations that need to be finalized before any sort of announcement. So let them handle it. Threats on the forum are not going to expedite anything except disciplinary action on your account. I may know a thing or two about that, too.

@Araneae6537 This is very reasonable, and likely correct, but should also include a note regarding the nature/value of the tickets and the specified items that were offered and lost, relative and their total lost value. While the dates for these are likly variable, when finalized and/or removed, the loss of the white Indiurik and the opaline crafting patterns is demonstrable.

Also, because they have an economy this value is measurable and rather extreme when converted from tickets, to recipes, to gold, to coins, and finally to cash. All in a clearly legal and TOS compliant manner.

@wallacepfub17_ESO Filing a complaint over a postponed event seems a bit much... It’s not like it’s something you’re guaranteed for buying the game or subbing. One would have far more reason to complain if they weren’t able to log in and play at all, as happened on the EU server as you know. I think it fair to say that making sure that doesn’t happen again is rightfully a priority.

I can only conjecture what you mean by “troll army.” @SeaGtGruff pointed out when such things have been posted in the past — nothing new to you we may assume but far from trolling and a not unreasonable response in my opinion. My own post was not in response to your post as you can see. I was talking about trade between players and emphasizing what steps one can take to prevent being scammed, as that seemed to be the issue of concern. Calling it a “red herring” is entirely non sequitur.

@Araneae6537 So you posted something not related in my thread, and then call response (that assumes your responsiveness?!?) a non-sequitur... You are using your big word powers for *evil* / again using a misdirection to remove focus on a what is quite reasonable issue.

Also, I disagree with your assessment of a the nature of a *promise*. More importantly, I think the FTC also seems to have determined formal and widely distributed advertisements are in fact "promises" (see all their posts and conversations about the event). Hence, I am *well* within reason to as for an *UPDATE* on what is going on and if they choose to not hold the even to request commensurate compensation (which costs them *NOTHING* in direct costs to make this right).
    I like when the Internet legal expert shows up lol. Per the ToS, they're allowed to do whatever they want, including change dates, pull events, at their discretion without notice. Also Aranaea's point was fair and related to the post above it, not a "red herring" lmao wut. We, the consumers, whether paying or not, are not "owed" anything except by their promise of some basic working product or an attempt by the company to offer such. All jokes and memes aside, we do certainly have that.

Back to the point, yeah an update would be nice. The last one was Nov 20 I believe. It would be cool to get a few more pages, but I did buy the ones I wanted already... To the tune of like 2.4 Million gold lol yeah. I certainly wasn't swindled, those are the prices the market decided and that I agreed to pay of course. No hard feelings here.

@Jem_Kindheart while I agree "street lawyering" is as useful as "street pharmacy" (read just say no to drugs kids)... ToS must still do many of the following:

1) survive enforceability (Note: their aggressive enforcements elsewhere, doing pretty much anything they want, increasingly works against them *particularly* as they are the agreement/contract constructors), 2) supervening promises relative to date and substance create reasonable expectations and context to the reading of the ToS (note: the advertisement of specific events *NOT* features is particularly important here as is feasibility of both moving the event and compensation), 3) Failure to notify and/or otherwise respond to reasonable questinging and/or challenges to the ToS and Zenimax compliance with it (read this and previous posts via something that has an "official" communication channel) may well constitute bad faith in their agreement and/or further claims to vagueness therein.

Finally, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom still no update is highly problematic both for doing right by your players and demonstrating *YOUR*/*Zen'S* compliance to the ToS. Your consistent and repeated use of these forms for various types of formal and "official" communications, as well as your choice to ignore my requests for more information, supervines any previous ToS communication instructions.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finally, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom still no update is highly problematic both for doing right by your players and demonstrating *YOUR*/*Zen'S* compliance to the ToS. Your consistent and repeated use of these forms for various types of formal and "official" communications, as well as your choice to ignore my requests for more information, supervines any previous ToS communication instructions.

What do you mean by 'still no update'? What do you want them to say? Or is it more about wanting it to be official news rather than a forum post? I won't argue that ZOS has the best communication, but I don't think they have more information than they've currently given us.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They did an update recently, on December 11th:
    Thanks to everyone for your continued patience while we continued to work out some details on our end. As of this time, we still plan to re-enable the Undaunted Event, but we’re moving it out of this year and into mid-January so we can continue working on some additional fixes for the Activity Finder.

You may be wondering how this will affect the remaining Event Tickets you can collect for this year. We plan to make up for this by making a slight change to the upcoming New Life Festival. During this event, in addition to the normal acquisition of Event Tickets, you can kill any boss in the game to receive an additional 3 Event Tickets. In this case, “any boss” includes all delve bosses, world bosses, Arena final bosses, dungeon final bosses, and Trial final bosses. This change will net you 5 total Tickets per day.

Thanks again for your patience, and we’ll let you know when we have an exact date for the Undaunted Event returning in January.
    Gina Bruno
    ESO Community Manager
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk what to tell ya lol, if you need a case, get a lawyer idk. I don't have the entire tos memorized but I bet there's a mandatory arbitration clause, like almost every tos. Which means you'll never see a courtroom, and end up with two lawyers kissing each other's wallets at your expense with zero net gain. Idk. I think they're honestly trying their best here.
    Edited by Jem_Kindheart on December 16, 2019 7:48AM
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    I got full Opal style so I can wait
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Acrolas wrote: »

@Araneae6537 This is very reasonable, and likely correct, but should also include a note regarding the nature/value of the tickets and the specified items that were offered and lost, relative and their total lost value. While the dates for these are likly variable, when finalized and/or removed, the loss of the white Indiurik and the opaline crafting patterns is demonstrable.

Also, because they have an economy this value is measurable and rather extreme when converted from tickets, to recipes, to gold, to coins, and finally to cash. All in a clearly legal and TOS compliant manner.

@Araneae6537 So you posted something not related in my thread, and then call response (that assumes your responsiveness?!?) a non-sequitur... You are using your big word powers for *evil* / again using a misdirection to remove focus on a what is quite reasonable issue.

Also, I disagree with your assessment of a the nature of a *promise*. More importantly, I think the FTC also seems to have determined formal and widely distributed advertisements are in fact "promises" (see all their posts and conversations about the event). Hence, I am *well* within reason to as for an *UPDATE* on what is going on and if they choose to not hold the even to request commensurate compensation (which costs them *NOTHING* in direct costs to make this right).

@Jem_Kindheart while I agree "street lawyering" is as useful as "street pharmacy" (read just say no to drugs kids)... ToS must still do many of the following:

1) survive enforceability (Note: their aggressive enforcements elsewhere, doing pretty much anything they want, increasingly works against them *particularly* as they are the agreement/contract constructors), 2) supervening promises relative to date and substance create reasonable expectations and context to the reading of the ToS (note: the advertisement of specific events *NOT* features is particularly important here as is feasibility of both moving the event and compensation), 3) Failure to notify and/or otherwise respond to reasonable questinging and/or challenges to the ToS and Zenimax compliance with it (read this and previous posts via something that has an "official" communication channel) may well constitute bad faith in their agreement and/or further claims to vagueness therein.

This is theater of the absurd! The person typing walls of lawyerese accuses me of using “big word power for *evil*”! :lol::lol::lol:

To the point, as others have already said, there has been an update. You have not lost out on the Snow Indrik — so many tickets have been added to the next event that you should be able to easily purchase both the Indrik and its offspring, if desired, if you are able to participate in even a fraction of the event. Undoubtedly, the opaline style pages will return with the Undaunted event. I’m sure you can survive until then, and haven’t suffered any demonstrable loss that necessitates commensurate compensation. But have fun tilting at windmills. ;)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 16, 2019 7:43PM
  • wallace.fanningb14_ESO
    [/quote] This is theater of the absurd! The person typing walls of lawyerese accuses me of using “big word power for *evil*”! :lol::lol::lol: [/quote] ... My use of “big word power for *evil*” was an attempt at levity via a degree of absurdity, your statements seem maliciously flip, does that seem accurate? @Araneae6537

[/quote] To the point, as others have already said, there has been an update. You have not lost out on the Snow Indrik — so many tickets have been added to the next event that you should be able to easily purchase both the Indrik and its offspring, if desired, if you are able to participate in even a fraction of the event. Undoubtedly, the opaline style pages will return with the Undaunted event. I’m sure you can survive until then, and haven’t suffered any demonstrable loss that necessitates commensurate compensation. But have fun tilting at windmills. ;)[/quote] @Araneae6537

a) There was no update to this thread, not even a simple link. This despite the specific request to @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for said information. This is an example of extremely poor customer service on ZOS's part.

Issues like this are probably why CRFA would invalidate many parts of the TOS. https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/consumer-review-fairness-act-what-businesses-need-know

b) Your statement fails to remind others that the "many" tickets they might get, will not be usable on the opaline pages due to the arbitrary ticket/currency/wallet limitations ZOS has applied to accounts. So the deceptive business practices continue

c) Finally, your comment distracts people from another simple fact, ZOS could - but chooses not to - fix this in a flash. Even with the delayed event, because the assets (recipes, textures, and vendor) are all already in game ZOS is actively choosing to cheat its consumers by not simply "flipping the switch" and allowing them to purchase these recipes. This creates in game harm (ex: think artist stealing back a painting giving it to others and telling you to stair at your wall until they feel like *allowing* you to purchase another with blue raffle tickets not the red ones you have earned already). This harm is both intrinsic (deprivation of art, style, choice, and taste) and externally demonstrable via the shared in and out of game economies (referenced above).

P.S. @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I wonder if you clarify how the ToS "sole remedy" clause does not act as a threat, penalty, and/or otherwise serve as a defacto NDA? If nothing else it seems to be the go to answer for shutting people up, which is really unfortunate and potentially illegal ^^^. Perhaps you and/or ZOS have a different view?

P.P.S @RefLiberty Thanks for the heads up! Maybe if this had come from ZOS I would feel less salty about all of this...

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, there's an official stickied thread and announcements on other social media about the update. You don't get to claim there was no update just because someone from ZOS' didn't come into this thread specifically, copy-paste the update just for you and ping you in it. :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS' Update on the Undaunted Event thread: "We’ll post in this thread once we have more information on when the hotfix for the Activity Finder fixes will be going live."

ZOS: *posts update in the Update on the Undaunted Event thread*

Huh, who could have expected that?

By the way, it's still stickied there: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event
    If you are concerned about missing ZOS' communication on the future of the Undaunted Event, I strongly suggest bookmarking that thread.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 17, 2019 1:52PM
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a) There was no update to this thread, not even a simple link. This despite the specific request to @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for said information. This is an example of extremely poor customer service on ZOS's part.

Issues like this are probably why CRFA would invalidate many parts of the TOS. https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/consumer-review-fairness-act-what-businesses-need-know

b) Your statement fails to remind others that the "many" tickets they might get, will not be usable on the opaline pages due to the arbitrary ticket/currency/wallet limitations ZOS has applied to accounts. So the deceptive business practices continue

c) Finally, your comment distracts people from another simple fact, ZOS could - but chooses not to - fix this in a flash. Even with the delayed event, because the assets (recipes, textures, and vendor) are all already in game ZOS is actively choosing to cheat its consumers by not simply "flipping the switch" and allowing them to purchase these recipes. This creates in game harm (ex: think artist stealing back a painting giving it to others and telling you to stair at your wall until they feel like *allowing* you to purchase another with blue raffle tickets not the red ones you have earned already). This harm is both intrinsic (deprivation of art, style, choice, and taste) and externally demonstrable via the shared in and out of game economies (referenced above).

P.S. @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I wonder if you clarify how the ToS "sole remedy" clause does not act as a threat, penalty, and/or otherwise serve as a defacto NDA? If nothing else it seems to be the go to answer for shutting people up, which is really unfortunate and potentially illegal ^^^. Perhaps you and/or ZOS have a different view?

P.P.S @RefLiberty Thanks for the heads up! Maybe if this had come from ZOS I would feel less salty about all of this...

A) They posted an update in the official stickied thread that they said "We’ll post in this thread once we have more information on when the hotfix for the Activity Finder fixes will be going live." They posted the update on their twitter, and they posted on Facebook. To expect them to post an update in every single player thread asking for an update is unreasonable.

B ) Except when the opaline pages do become available again, it will be during another event when it is possible to earn event tickets. It's not like they're going to make them available and say "Nope, no chance to earn the currency to buy them!"

C) ZOS reserves the right to not provide specific content
    From the TOS "ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be accessible or available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason."

P.S. The "sole remedy" is not a threat- it's saying that if you don't like what's happening in the game, you don't get to sue them- your option is just to stop playing. Basically "Don't like it? Don't use it." They do have liability in instances where Zeni directly causes you death or personal injury, but that's it.

________
    From earlier "the loss of the white Indiurik and the opaline crafting patterns is demonstrable."
    I would guess that ZOS has a stance that value of in-game content does not exist, because it's all in-game and ZOS reserves the right to not provide specific content. The only "demonstrable" loss would be loss of sweepstakes entries, because that applies to chances to earn real-world items/things that you buy with actual cash, not "participation" currency. And they've put in enough tickets during New Life to make up the sweepstakes entries lost during the cancelled Undaunted.

Even if you were able to *somehow* argue that the "loss" of those items were demonstrable, while they did cancel the event for the originally advertised dates, it's clearly not completely cancelled as they keep saying they have plans to bring it back. The items may be unavailable at this time, but they are not lost.
    Edited by January1171 on December 17, 2019 2:39PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note: while its unfortunate that ZOS did not choose to add info about the Opaline pages to their official update, they did confirm on the Twitter announcement that they intend to keep the Opaline pages attached to the Undaunted Event. So when that returns, so will the Opaline pages.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The activity finder has been an issue for years so if the undaunted event isn't coming back until it is fixed will then we might be playing Skyrim first...
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do I keep getting pinged in this sillyness lol... To be honest, the biggest losers are the crazies like me who went nuts buying event tickets to buy the pages (so irl money) that day on hearing the event would be pulled in a few hours. I foresaw this and had zero faith ZoS would get it back up in a reasonable time. Then I additionally bought pages with gold. So I'm a big fat loser lmao and tbh don't have any bad feelings about it. It's pixels in a video game. <3