Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moongrave Fane Motif already broken

• Blodreina
    Blodreina
    ✭✭
    Any news about it ???
  • Olibeau
    Olibeau
    ✭✭✭
    Blodreina wrote: »
    Any news about it ???

@Blodreina As far as i know we're going to have to wait till Monday for a fix :(
    Hey everyone, just a quick update here.

The Motif has a cooldown on it that is preventing it from dropping more than once a day. This is not intended, but we are working on a fix for this. We are aiming to update the Motif during Monday's maintenance but will keep you updated if that changes.

As for now, it seems like its a 24hr account-wide cooldown on the motif drop. I think you don't even need to do hardmode to get a guaranteed drop atm.
    Twitch.tv/Olibeau - YouTube.com/Olibeau
    QuakeCon 2022 ESO Speedrun Champion | QuakeCon 2021 ESO Speedrun Champion | World's Sweatiest PvE'er

Olibeau | Breton | Magicka Dragonknight | EU 1st Dawnbringer | EU 1st Magicka Godslayer | 52,710+ Achievement Points (100% Completion) | 3600cp | 4x Grand Overlord
    <Pathfinders> | <Late Night Dungeoneers>
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olibeau wrote: »
    Blodreina wrote: »
    Any news about it ???

@Blodreina As far as i know we're going to have to wait till Monday for a fix :(
    Hey everyone, just a quick update here.

The Motif has a cooldown on it that is preventing it from dropping more than once a day. This is not intended, but we are working on a fix for this. We are aiming to update the Motif during Monday's maintenance but will keep you updated if that changes.

As for now, it seems like its a 24hr account-wide cooldown on the motif drop. I think you don't even need to do hardmode to get a guaranteed drop atm.

Think your right in guaranteed drop, did 3 Vet runs over last 3 days and every group member got a motif every time.
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a guaranteed drop even on HM. Last night we ran HM, and one person didn't get a motif. It had been over 48hrs since we had ran our last one.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a guaranteed drop even on HM. Last night we ran HM, and one person didn't get a motif. It had been over 48hrs since we had ran our last one.

That’s definitely not how it’s supposed to work. vHMs always grant motif pages in every other dungeon.
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    I just completed HM and received no motif page. The last time I was in there was 3 days ago, so this is obviously not a 24 hour cooldown problem. Thanks Zo$, hope this little charade helps you sell a lot of these motifs on the crown store over the weekend before you "fix" it. -_-

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet is no fix on Monday to push some more CS on this
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Classic
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Willing to bet my entire account that ZOS was toying with the idea of limiting motif drops to once per day to create artificial scarcity, but backtracked at the last minute.

It seems like mind boggling anti-logic (although this is ZOS we’re talking about, so anything is possible).

You put motifs into vet dungeons to increase player numbers in those dungeons, but then restrict drops so players would only do them once a day.... I’m not sure what metric you’d judge success on there.

Or is the only reason they are in the dungeon at all to diffuse the potential ‘pay to craft’ argument if it was only available in the Crown Store.. and simultaneously encourage Crown sales of the motif as the ‘buy crowns with gold’ cost will be lower than the ‘buy motif at guild store’ cost.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Willing to bet my entire account that ZOS was toying with the idea of limiting motif drops to once per day to create artificial scarcity, but backtracked at the last minute.

It seems like mind boggling anti-logic (although this is ZOS we’re talking about, so anything is possible).

You put motifs into vet dungeons to increase player numbers in those dungeons, but then restrict drops so players would only do them once a day.... I’m not sure what metric you’d judge success on there.

Or is the only reason they are in the dungeon at all to diffuse the potential ‘pay to craft’ argument if it was only available in the Crown Store.. and simultaneously encourage Crown sales of the motif as the ‘buy crowns with gold’ cost will be lower than the ‘buy motif at guild store’ cost.

Believe me, I've seen people in guild chats constantly getting groups together to motif-run the day one releases. With a proper group that can clear vetHM in a timely manner they can pretty much get at least a full book together within a day.

Someone probably saw that and didn't like it (something about "muh replayable content").

Or could be that they deliberately limited the drops in this specific instance because of double drops from the event which would mean very few people would buy the motif from the clown shop, and they're playing it off as "woops this is a bug sorry guys it'll be fixed Monday after the double-drop event is over!"
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just to close the loop here this has been updated on all platforms. Thank you again for your patience.
    Staff Post
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it’s still too late on the fix that could have come in a hotfix the day it was found.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just to close the loop here this has been updated on all platforms. Thank you again for your patience.

We are not patient. By now that should be obvious...
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conveniently enough, the fix went in after the double drop event was over.