The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is dragon leap so versitale, that in any situation the user is at a advantage?

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i can tell you that the large majority of a death i personally experienced from a dk is from the use of dk leap as a gap closer. The stun is just to overloaded. It's the number one reason why I am not a vampire.
    Furthermore most dks ( especially magic) on average to almost all, dont slot any form of gap closers on there bar. Empowering chains is 1 of the coolest skills in the game and I almost never see it. It is my belief that the reason for this is because leap as a gap closer is the highest distance in the game. As leap is at max distance cap.

Nah the reason for that is that you can never be sure if chains actually work because "target is too high or low". They also used to get absorbed by ball of Lightning so you cant even chase sorcs with it.
    If leap is your biggest Problem I recommend utilizing your Right mouse button, it really helps.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i can tell you that the large majority of a death i personally experienced from a dk is from the use of dk leap as a gap closer. The stun is just to overloaded. It's the number one reason why I am not a vampire.
    Furthermore most dks ( especially magic) on average to almost all, dont slot any form of gap closers on there bar. Empowering chains is 1 of the coolest skills in the game and I almost never see it. It is my belief that the reason for this is because leap as a gap closer is the highest distance in the game. As leap is at max distance cap.

Then you are facing potatoes. Block + streak and they won't be able to catch you

Empowering has terrible problems with the y axis. If the enemy is on 5 mts slope, the skill doesn't work and that has been reported since 2015. That's why most dks use shield charge as a gap closer, but the stun is useless because it doesn't let you use foss.

Leap is not a gap closer, no DK will ever use leap as a gap closer but to finish a running enemy. Maybe they use when you are less that 15% health and start running/streaking away, but the idea in that case is not to catch you, but to kill you. It would be exactly the same if the DK used meteor, or soul assault instead (both of which have higher tooltips)

By the way, on another semantic topic, leap doesn't have a stun. What it has is a knockback. Since it is a knokback the DK cannot control the direction where the enemy is going to be pushed, and no few times the enemy ends at your backso you have to turn in 180° to do something and in most cases at that point the enmy has already broke free CC.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not a potato you can literally just block leap as they're flying at you
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need every gap closer to have a stun, or at least have one of the morphs stun.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, it's because chains is useless. And not being a vampire because of a stun?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don’t need a gap closer on a MagDk. Let em come to you. (Even Sorcs who think they can brawl).

They all come in, take a little damage and run. You CAN use leap as a gap closer; but unless you’re REALLY running damage it’s a wasted leap.

I had a lil trouble with sorcs once they took reflect off wings. Dueled it out with a pal who told me. Keep pressure on them. Beat them shields off em and kill em.

Op it’s totally l2p. Leap ain’t your problem. Neither is heals. Should you get the nerfs you’re begging for, you’ll still get dropped because instead of getting better you’re looking for a shortcut. Nerfs. No matter how good you get you’ll still be remembered as a forum nerfling. That’s your legacy.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried using block?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Leap as opener is a waste of passive and ult. DKs dont have reliable class ult generation outside Heroic Slash or Asylum 2H. Nobody will use it as gap closer, but sure, they can. So you can use Streak to stun and close the distance to melee. Just because Streak is not locking on target doesnt mean it cant be used offensively to close the gap.

So yes, technically Leap is gap closer, but its blockable and great waste, if you are full of resources and enemy is not at kill range (and may I remind you that DKs dont have execute?). You claim leap kills you a lot, but observe again when DKs use the leap - in 80% cases it will be when you are at around 20% hp remaining. Even if you take away movement from Leap, DKs still will launch their ult only to finish you off, no matter if they move or not. And careful what you wish for - if Leap will be changed, you will have to deal with Shifting Standard Defile and rain of Meteors.

Leap is fine. There are more problematic to pvp ults in the game (collosus, ballista, onslaught, bats, negate). Permafrost got gutted recently but still can be seen as problematic with its Major Protection.
    Edited by robpr on December 5, 2019 11:21PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    never miss by caster mistake (enemy targeting), fast gap close, buggy knockback, minimal audio and cue especially at point blank range animation for a hard hitting + stun

the knockback part what most killed me cause my character cant do anything while standing up animation after break free
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic.

If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic.

It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

It is my personal belive that this is not true, and i feel that all debates were on topic
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dk leap is op
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

mDK basically has two skills that are bursty enough to secure a kill: Whip and Leap. Neither is an execute, one is an ultimate, and you usually need to land both to kill. The KB might come from Burning or something, but it's those two that are going to kill you are therefore might seem over represented.

Empowering Chains had a brief period of working and now it's back to being unreliable, unfortunately, because it is a very cool skill. My DKs ain't got bar slot room for a skill that often just doesn't work.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg bar room is simply not a effective agreement. Bar space is equally as important as armor sets. You simply can't have it all. And all in one skil that provides to much utility takes away from hard decisions other classes have to make. It's not balance or fair
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    You say l2p. I say balance issue
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg bar room is simply not a effective agreement. Bar space is equally as important as armor sets. You simply can't have it all. And all in one skil that provides to much utility takes away from hard decisions other classes have to make. It's not balance or fair

Every class has to make hard choices about bar slots. Would you slot a skill for combat that usually doesn't work? Because no serious player build would choose to essentially trash 10% of their skill options.

You would really be crying if DKs could still Leap into keeps. >:)
    Edited by NBrookus on December 16, 2019 1:25AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You say l2p. I say balance issue

You say balance issue, I say ignorance and inexperience.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smh leap carry the gap closer tank meta. Be joyful my voice wasn't heard before tank meta or we might still have a player population. But hey at least you can say tank meta happened
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smh leap carry the gap closer tank meta. Be joyful my voice wasn't heard before tank meta or we might still have a player population. But hey at least you can say tank meta happened

Delusion 100
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    nerf sorc because it is my belief
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Leap has hard counter accessible to absolutely anyone without slotting anything. Block.
    And if you think that leap has something to do with player population.. Idk, are you trolling? :D stamDK were nerfed all year long and magDK are ok right now, but not OP.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leap is by far the most abused skill in the game. It requires 0 set up for 100% reward mainly due to the stun and gap closers element. The gap closer part of leap is fine but the stun is simply a unfair advantage
    Edited by phoenixkungfu on December 16, 2019 7:35PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leap is by far the most abused skill in the game. It requires 0 set up for 100% reward mainly due to the stun and gap closers element. The gap closer part of leap is fine but the stun is simply a unfair advantage

Its been 17 days since you started this thread and still have not learned to just hold BLOCK.

Leap is not hard to survive, whether its the gap closing aspect or the stun.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Synaki
    Synaki
    ✭✭✭
    Gap closers should stun cos why not.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you even babbling about?
    Leap carrys the gap closing tank meta? What is this nonsense? Have you leveled then rolled a dk in cyrodiil yet ? Because we asked you to do so.... you should have plenty of xp scrolls ...zos gives them to you for free to level new chars...
    You need to educate yourself roll one please.

I can't wait until zos nerfs leap so all these wardens and templars cant be carried by it anymore /s

I got warned for telling you to block it and calling you a name but you just keep going on with this garbage never having played dk smh

AGAIN This thread should have been locked over a week ago .
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Many voices were heard, but ZOS ignored them. So you're wrong on that point :D

When ZOS increased costs on skills, yet did not increase cost on roll, block, or decrease the power of regeneration and vigor it was obvious to anyone that those players that play defensively will gain power. Same thing will happen when ZOS nerfs HoTs and/or buffs defiles. Players will just move to more damage reduction and get the same result anyway.

As for leap being "OP" and too strong, here is a tip: know who you are fighting. If you see an obvious stam DK holding block, you know he will leap once he gets his fury stacked.

If you see a mag DK and gain distance, or your hp drops to 1/2 you know they will leap. And for those that spam petrify, its almost certain they have ult ready when they start petrify spam. Break free -> block.

If you see a DK showing signs of having too little magicka or stam and they are being pushed to hard, again, you know they will leap or use some other ultimate.

It's not that hard to predict. Now if you see me in Cyrodiil and you see a white dress, well...now you know to stay away :D
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very good but not unmanageable. When they made it undodgerollable though it was legit overpowered af.

There was one patch they made it so you could not Dodge roll out of it, and it was ***, I had moments of sheer stupidity. Like one time I was fighting on a gate, saw the leap, dodgerolled, avoided it, got sucked back in when it landed and then got thrown off the wall and died. To this day it is still my #1 worst thing they implemented.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synaki wrote: »
    Gap closers should stun cos why not.

They should. Have you seen streaks lately? Only way to counter is a gap closer that has a stun to land even a couple hits.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Many voices were heard, but ZOS ignored them. So you're wrong on that point :D

When ZOS increased costs on skills, yet did not increase cost on roll, block, or decrease the power of regeneration and vigor it was obvious to anyone that those players that play defensively will gain power. Same thing will happen when ZOS nerfs HoTs and/or buffs defiles. Players will just move to more damage reduction and get the same result anyway.

As for leap being "OP" and too strong, here is a tip: know who you are fighting. If you see an obvious stam DK holding block, you know he will leap once he gets his fury stacked.

If you see a mag DK and gain distance, or your hp drops to 1/2 you know they will leap. And for those that spam petrify, its almost certain they have ult ready when they start petrify spam. Break free -> block.

If you see a DK showing signs of having too little magicka or stam and they are being pushed to hard, again, you know they will leap or use some other ultimate.

It's not that hard to predict. Now if you see me in Cyrodiil and you see a white dress, well...now you know to stay away :D

Smh and this is the issue defense mechanics situation where dk leap create offense during moments of defense. It would be 1 thing if the stun equal being negative on hit but dk leap equal being super positive on hit. Add that to the range, burst damage class passive defense utility and you have a game breaking move.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argue and ignore our points all you want....
    Its a you problem @phoenixkungfu
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Said the sorc with unblockable streak xDDDD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
This discussion has been closed.