The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is dragon leap so versitale, that in any situation the user is at a advantage?

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Smh leap carry the gap closer tank meta. Be joyful my voice wasn't heard before tank meta or we might still have a player population. But hey at least you can say tank meta happened

Many voices were heard, but ZOS ignored them. So you're wrong on that point :D

When ZOS increased costs on skills, yet did not increase cost on roll, block, or decrease the power of regeneration and vigor it was obvious to anyone that those players that play defensively will gain power. Same thing will happen when ZOS nerfs HoTs and/or buffs defiles. Players will just move to more damage reduction and get the same result anyway.

As for leap being "OP" and too strong, here is a tip: know who you are fighting. If you see an obvious stam DK holding block, you know he will leap once he gets his fury stacked.

If you see a mag DK and gain distance, or your hp drops to 1/2 you know they will leap. And for those that spam petrify, its almost certain they have ult ready when they start petrify spam. Break free -> block.

If you see a DK showing signs of having too little magicka or stam and they are being pushed to hard, again, you know they will leap or use some other ultimate.

It's not that hard to predict. Now if you see me in Cyrodiil and you see a white dress, well...now you know to stay away :D

Smh and this is the issue defense mechanics situation where dk leap create offense during moments of defense. It would be 1 thing if the stun equal being negative on hit but dk leap equal being super positive on hit. Add that to the range, burst damage class passive defense utility and you have a game breaking move.

You know who can do the same? Mag Sorc... they can proc shards by casting a shield

... a nd Range, burst and dmg on a DK? wtf? Have you ever looked at Dks offensive passives? None of them are affected by leap (maybe WiR, but it is just an extra 6% dmg)

OP trying to change something from the absolute ignorance is one of the worst things I've senn in ths forum... even worse than Zazeergate, and all the discusions of Miat's Addon
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Smh leap carry the gap closer tank meta. Be joyful my voice wasn't heard before tank meta or we might still have a player population. But hey at least you can say tank meta happened

Many voices were heard, but ZOS ignored them. So you're wrong on that point :D

When ZOS increased costs on skills, yet did not increase cost on roll, block, or decrease the power of regeneration and vigor it was obvious to anyone that those players that play defensively will gain power. Same thing will happen when ZOS nerfs HoTs and/or buffs defiles. Players will just move to more damage reduction and get the same result anyway.

As for leap being "OP" and too strong, here is a tip: know who you are fighting. If you see an obvious stam DK holding block, you know he will leap once he gets his fury stacked.

If you see a mag DK and gain distance, or your hp drops to 1/2 you know they will leap. And for those that spam petrify, its almost certain they have ult ready when they start petrify spam. Break free -> block.

If you see a DK showing signs of having too little magicka or stam and they are being pushed to hard, again, you know they will leap or use some other ultimate.

It's not that hard to predict. Now if you see me in Cyrodiil and you see a white dress, well...now you know to stay away :D

Smh and this is the issue defense mechanics situation where dk leap create offense during moments of defense. It would be 1 thing if the stun equal being negative on hit but dk leap equal being super positive on hit. Add that to the range, burst damage class passive defense utility and you have a game breaking move.

So if that DK is turtling up and playing defense and then suddenly launching a Leap at you, several things:

1) If the DK has been on the defensive then you should be at full health. If you're letting all your guard down to try to chase down kills that aren't within execute range, expect good players to wreck you.

2) If you're still going from 100-0 in a single Leap combo, you aren't building for enough mitigation.

The gap closer aspect of Leap is irrelevant. Any DK pressuring you down enough to really use Leap is already in melee range. If you're far enough away for them to gap close and still dying, then you're letting your defenses down, and you really should be able to block a Leap at range anyways.

It sounds like you're trying to burst through kills that you haven't properly secured and dropping your guard too much/not building strong enough. The players killing you with Leap will kill you just as fast with Dawnbreaker or Onslaught. Delete your forum account and play the game.
    Edited by Sorbin on December 17, 2019 7:15PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread continuing to derail after our earlier intervention, we're going to go ahead and close it down. Keep in mind that flaming and baiting are both against the Forum Rules. For future content be sure to stay constructive and respectful towards all opposing opinions to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.