Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like pet skins for combat pets in the crown store?

Katrk
Katrk
✭✭✭
Warden: Lion, Wamasu, and Guar for the Bear Companion
Sorc: Daedroth for the Clannfear, Watcher for the Twilight

Thoughts:

Would you like pet skins for combat pets in the crown store? 105 votes

Yes
78%
CireousSolarikenKikazarulembry_ESOGilvothVeritasObscuraEarrindodaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOKesstrylPatricolusNirntrotterWillhelmBlackDanikatDarkstorneCastanamereLivvybeckamayimokie2609snowsongdRudE 82 votes
No
13%
AcrolasPuzzlenutsmeekmikoWhite wabbitrenneSchokoladeTrapasaurus_RexMagicalLijaMixithStarlockGreek_HellspawnzECHOchrighttEnvvy 14 votes
Other.
8%
HanokihsMrGhostyeklhaftb16_ESOIdinuseIndorilArwynLlethranDojohodaanadandykinguardianMichae 9 votes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one, there is already a daedroth pet in the game via the Maw of the Infernal set. So having a skin the turns a clannfear into a daedroth is not a good idea. It also would not work well as the mechanics need to be similar as the damage needs to be identical. Not similar damage but exactly the same.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cosmetic variants of existing pets, using the same abilities and animations, are skins.
    New types of pets, with new abilities and new animations, are skills.

In the context of this question presented on the forum from time to time, more people seem to be asking for new skills than new skins. As I won't use skills and skins interchangeably, I have to say no in the context of this thread.

signing off
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, although personally I wouldn’t pay to just have different Daedra for sorc pets — I would like to see atronarchs or other magical entities.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    This has been proposed hundreds of times. It would add huge variety and customistaion options to the game, and, if propperly monetized, mean great revenue for Zo$. Why it has never been a thing is beyond me.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would LOVE that, I want a Polar bear (Snow lioness, or snow leopard) skin for my snow leopard warden! <3
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    This should be in game, not behind the paywall.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes but actually.... I change my mind. Why does everything have to be via the crown store? i'd rather the skins be a reward for doing a quest or getting an achievement.
    PC EU
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I'd actually make a Warden character if they could have a wolf guardian as their combat pet.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, I want them - and frankly all other cosmetics as well - to be earnable in-game like any proper video game would do.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes if we get white ghostly dark smoke glowing from the body.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As I say every time this topics comes up I'm surprised this hasn't already happened. When Morrowind launched with the brown bear and then a grey bear skin as a collector's edition item I assumed they'd gradually bring out more skins over time, maybe more bears, maybe other animals too. I was hoping sorcerers would get new pet skins as well and I have no idea why it hasn't happened. I wouldn't have thought it would take much work since it's only the appearence of the creature summoned which needs to change and they could use existing animals and daedra.

I'd love to be able to summon a wolf or senche, either would be more fitting for my warden than a bear and other animals would open up a lot more options for role-play too.
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Cosmetic variants of existing pets, using the same abilities and animations, are skins.

In the context of this question presented on the forum from time to time, more people seem to be asking for new skills than new skins. As I won't use skills and skins interchangeably, I have to say no in the context of this thread.

My understanding has always been the exact opposite: the vast majority of topics I've seen, and replies to those topics are asking for skins for the existing pets, not new skills with new abilities.

Yes the animations would need to be changed slightly, because other animals don't use the same skeleton, but I've not seen anyone proposing changes to the actual function of the skills - they would still have the same cost, do the same damage in the same way etc. it's just the appearence that would change. Just like the grey bear skin which is already available for the warden.

For example:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/389885/warden-pet-cosmetics
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/432746/warden-bear-pet-skins
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/466748/skins-for-summoned-combat-pets

I don't see anyone in those topics asking for the abilities to change, just the appearence of the animal summoned.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I might add, I wouldn't want new skills for my former bear, same effect, animations that fit the new skin though, but otherwise the same, just a different being <3 (sorry Teddy Roosevelt, i still like you as a grey slate bear, but a snow leopard pack would be amazing!)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Yes, but not just pets. All skills with visual effects should have skins. I want fire-themed mages, desert-themed wardens, frost-themed dragonknights, ghost-themed necromancers...
  • Katrk
    Katrk
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but not just pets. All skills with visual effects should have skins. I want fire-themed mages, desert-themed wardens, frost-themed dragonknights, ghost-themed necromancers...

I’d be all for that. I suppose while they’re at it they could add a Frost Atronach skin for the Bear in the Warden class. Perhaps even convert flames of oblivion into an Flame Atronach. None of these will likely happen in any way, but one can hope.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please!

I would particularly like a tiger.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes but actually.... I change my mind. Why does everything have to be via the crown store? i'd rather the skins be a reward for doing a quest or getting an achievement.

That would be ideal, but at this point, I will take Crown Store (if I have to) for a tiger skin.

I do feel I'm being multiple dipped on, but there you go.

I would prefer a sub game with everything included, but sadly that isn't the case, now.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

No, this is a thread asking about skins only.

I don't need different pet skills, I just want a new skin for my existing pet.

Ideally, they would also give us an ability to heal our pets from range and a keybind for dismiss pet, but that is not what this thread is about.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 9, 2019 7:59AM
  • SkoomaPie
    SkoomaPie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Killer rabbit from Monty Python would be a good one for the warden.
    Xbox Gt: SkoomaPie
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Other.
    I want dyeable pets and mounts without crown store.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    SkoomaPie wrote: »
    Killer rabbit from Monty Python would be a good one for the warden.

Nice substitute for the spammable :D
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If that's what it takes to get skins for something other than bear, then yes. As long as they don't charge 15$ for a per-character items like those armour appearance things.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes one to shrink the twilight to 25% of its current size and clip its wings would be great.

But what would really be cool is if their was a skin that recolored your combat pet whatever you colored your....weapon or maybe chest or something. Or like a chameleon skin that changes color with the environment( it uses 2 or 3 of the most dominate colors in the current area.) One that changed color to the last thing it attacked.

Hmm im seeing a theme here.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like this. (Only if a fair price)
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like to apply a different animal other than bear for my Warden ultimate, like a lion or wolf, or heck, even a guar. Just a variety of what the animal looks like, doesn't have to change the actual skill that's executed. I'd like to see transparent wings options for Twilights, lol. Maybe outfits for them too since they are humanoid. Just let us reskin the pets.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love to use the moongrave fane scamp on my combat scamp, would be pretty cool
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    As I say every time this topics comes up I'm surprised this hasn't already happened. When Morrowind launched with the brown bear and then a grey bear skin as a collector's edition item I assumed they'd gradually bring out more skins over time, maybe more bears, maybe other animals too. I was hoping sorcerers would get new pet skins as well and I have no idea why it hasn't happened. I wouldn't have thought it would take much work since it's only the appearence of the creature summoned which needs to change and they could use existing animals and daedra.

I'd love to be able to summon a wolf or senche, either would be more fitting for my warden than a bear and other animals would open up a lot more options for role-play too.

My understanding has always been the exact opposite: the vast majority of topics I've seen, and replies to those topics are asking for skins for the existing pets, not new skills with new abilities.

Yes the animations would need to be changed slightly, because other animals don't use the same skeleton, but I've not seen anyone proposing changes to the actual function of the skills - they would still have the same cost, do the same damage in the same way etc. it's just the appearence that would change. Just like the grey bear skin which is already available for the warden.

For example:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/389885/warden-pet-cosmetics
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/432746/warden-bear-pet-skins
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/466748/skins-for-summoned-combat-pets

I don't see anyone in those topics asking for the abilities to change, just the appearence of the animal summoned.

There have been some very different suggestions made concerning skins. The damage would make no sense with many suggestions. Pretty sure the people who have suggested a fire atro or daedra skin for the Clanfear would expect the damage and animation to be very different than the tail swipe as that would make zero sense.

Look no further than the OP of this thread. The watchers in the game all have very specific damage attacks and they do no match up with the twilight damage attacks. This is another example that by design is asking for different attacks or did not think this through.

There is a stark difference between changing the color of a pet to a skin that is a total redesign of the pet. One is acceptable while the other is poor game design.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd love to have a different ulti animal for the warden. I hate the bear so much! I would love to have a yaghra spewer instead, or a giant mudcrab or even a guar or something. Just not the bear.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    To change my scamp for a banekin would be great.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Sathukai
    Sathukai
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    i wouldn't mind reskinned version of the pets rather than completely replacing them with a different type of daedra. There's several different scamps you can get as non-combat pets, so why not use those skins on the scamp you can summon?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.

But, also, I want the "Conjure Familiar" spell (but as a persistent companion, not on a timer):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4UOO8NdMcY
    Edited by SickleCider on December 18, 2019 3:47PM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨