The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch has made things worse on PS4

• Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished running 6 alts through Southern Elsweyr, killing dragons with all the other folks at South Dragonscour. No Blue Screen crashes, no freezes. Base PS4 here, basic internet from the local phone company. And I had problems last weekend in Southern Elsweyr (both crashes and freezes), but no issues since the patch.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps4 is eol more or less. it really just doesnt have the chops to keep up with all the upgrades coming down the pike...
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely no change for me on PS4 since the patch. Dragons are almost impossible to fight, love to wait for one to spawn, finally get there and everyone is just black shadows, the dragon's just sitting there staring and you can't even pull your weapon on the off chance you'll do some damage before the game crashes. And we've got maintenance again tonight? I've been playing 40 minutes and I've only managed to kill three dragons due to crashes and lag. And it's been doing this since the Dragonhold patch. Nothing has been fixed for PS4.

Also skills just don't trigger so you either die because you can't heal, or you're left spamming light attacks because that's the only thing that gets a response, and by "spam" I mean, one every 2 seconds because it doesn't trigger either.
    Edited by renne on December 4, 2019 8:13AM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    Welcome to the s**t us PC users have had to put up with

Speak for yourself, ESO works perfectly fine for me and has for months outside of bugs.

And your experience is clearly representative of the general experience of ESO players. Which is why ZOS were forced to come up with a (mostly inconsequential) communication plan and commit to a performance fix schedule. [snip]

[Edit or bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 4, 2019 7:30PM
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was main tanking vas hm and I was experiencing such delays that I had the screen stop and then everything speeds up like it's DC's The Flash. Worst vas in my life, very stressful. Bar swapping was so delayed that I was constantly risking getting slapped by the boss.

The game is awful at the moment
    Edited by AgaTheGreat on December 4, 2019 8:39AM
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to be clear, in all my crashes last night, not one was the ‘blue screen’ you can get on the PS4.

They were the kind when everything else around you isn’t moving but you can run around (even though guildmates told me I was dead on the floor) and you are just waiting to be kicked out to log in screen. And you get told you can’t connect to the server/check you have a valid internet connection (which I did)

(Blue screen on PS4 comes after the whole thing freezing, even your character, then get the blue ‘report bug to Sony’ screen),

But again, what can I expect seeing as I dare to play an MMO on a console! The audacity! 😂😂😂
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got bsod and lag only in Elsweyr- both regions but nowhere else,was in Deshaan all yesterday evening
    and Greenshade today doing daily's and had 0 probs,i also spent 2 hours at Imperial sewers
    just before maintenance,again no probs
    Edited by method__01 on December 4, 2019 11:21AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    8 crashes in 90mins of attempting to play.

Hardly crashed at all before the ‘fix’.

Please sort this out.

Make that 10.

not surprised anymore.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    got bsod and lag only at Elsweyr- both regions but nowhere else,was in Deshaan all yesterday evening
    and Greenshade today doing daily's and had 0 probs,i also spent 2 hours at Imperial sewers
    just before maintenance,again no probs

Yeah, I've been playing a second character for the past week in Glenumbra without much issue - maybe one or two crashes for the week there?

Until I log in to my other character to get event tickets and grind enlightenment XP in Northern and Southern Elsweyr and then it's an absolute dogs breakfast.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday late at night I tried to do daily dragonguard quests with one of my alt chars. When I was changing chars, I got the 1st crash in the char loading screen.

As soon as I approached a dragon on hunting ground, fps dropped fast until the game froze. Then after being kicked from the server, a message was always popping up stating I didn't have a valid internet connection. Yet, I know my connection was just fine.

I crashed at least 5 times in less than 10 minutes.

There were at least 20-30 players at that time in the dragon hunting grounds.

I tried to killed dragons from a "safe" distance since I knew I'd crash if I stood too close to the dragon.... And that was the only way possible for me to do it, hitting the dragon a couple of times from a quite long distance.

I asked in zone chat if anyone was having the same issues I was having and many players stated they had been crashing several times during their gaming sessions...

-This was already happening to me during the weekend in the NA server: I couldn't get the Saturday n Sunday tickets because my game crashed everytime I approached a dragon, despite of how many players were near to me-

Before trying to run daily quests I tried to do the pledge (vet) related to the Falkreath Hold. My group (I grouped with guild mates) was speed running it by skipping all the mobs between bosses. 1st and 2nd bosses got burned quickly but when we reached the 3rd one (Cernunnon) the adds couldn't be engaged... They just stud there, immovable.... We quitted trying after several attempts to get that boss to reset... It was late and we decided to call it a day...

PS - Around 7/8pm GMT I was able to do the daily quests with my main char despite of the crowded areas (dragons were getting slayed in under one minute - there were at least 40-50 players killing dragons). I was also in Sunspire and everything was OK in there.
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 4, 2019 10:11AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »
    ps4 is eol more or less. it really just doesnt have the chops to keep up with all the upgrades coming down the pike...

Please stop repeating this condescending BS, @Lady_Linux . Our PS4s have “the chops” to play every game in our libraries, including brand new triple A games and other MMORPGs like FFXIV, with stable frame rates and no to extremely minimal crashes. The only other game I’ve ever played on PS4 that had issues was Tera, a notoriously poorly-optimized game.

One should not require a top of the line gaming PC to play a five year old MMORPG. ESO used to perform well on PS4; it’s the past few updates that have made the game unplayable on our systems. Our PS4s didn’t simultaneously degrade over the past year — the quality of ZOS’s coding did.
    Edited by Aurielle on December 4, 2019 10:22AM
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the patch didnt seem to make anything better or worse for me (PS4 NA).
    maybe it does some back-end stuff that we dont “see” but the game feels no different and that is very unfortunate.

went to cyrodiil for about an hour or so.
    1 blue screen, i hard freeze (had to shut down application), and during fights i get loading screens out of nowhere that last 2-3 minutes and when the loading screens pass, i am dead.

i have not played any pve yet so i cant speak on performance there.

come one ZOS... you can do better than this!
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iconius wrote: »
    In other news, the crown store is running PERFECTLY as it always has and always will.

That can't crash. Never ever!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So PC EU issues also happen because PC is eol more or less, right?!... PC also doesn't have the chops to run this?!...

Your comment is pointless... Even ridiculous...

If you have nothing constructive to add, please retrain yourself from posting/replying.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    T
    In other news, the crown store is running PERFECTLY as it always has and always will.

No but it can sell outfits that can get you banned 😂😂😂.

Ps4 EU is sadly in a really bad place, the group finder is just not working, I waited as tank with a healer friend for an age for 2 dds for a vet pledge this week.......we requeued as dd and tank and 2 manned them instead. By the time we finished we were still in the queue an hour later. The group finder needs rolling back, it is not working.

Lots of issues with random blue screens, including at character select screens, trials are a buggy mess......but I guarantee the trailer for next years chapter will blow everyone away. This is what is winding me up. Zos is seemingly prepared to spend a fortune in promoting next years new add on content to a broken base game.

I understand that servers do cost a lot of money to run, but I’m guessing that’s where the big issues lie. It’s like they are trying to run a 1970’s car at 150mph on the latest super fuel .....and the car is falling apart as a result.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    T

Ps4 EU is sadly in a really bad place, the group finder is just not working, I waited as tank with a healer friend for an age for 2 dds for a vet pledge this week.......we requeued as dd and tank and 2 manned them instead. By the time we finished we were still in the queue an hour later. The group finder needs rolling back, it is not working.

The group finder is really weird for me, completey unpredictable. Sometimes it's lightning fast and sometimes it doesn't work at all. Yesterday I queued for the pledges and for the first one I only waited for about 2 or 3 minutes - as a DD. The second one though, I sat in the queue for over 90 minutes before I finally gave it up and found a group via zone chat instead. Didn't even try for the DLC dungeon after that.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    T

The group finder is really weird for me, completey unpredictable. Sometimes it's lightning fast and sometimes it doesn't work at all. Yesterday I queued for the pledges and for the first one I only waited for about 2 or 3 minutes - as a DD. The second one though, I sat in the queue for over 90 minutes before I finally gave it up and found a group via zone chat instead. Didn't even try for the DLC dungeon after that.
    Yes I agree it can be really quick, especially if queued solo on any role. But not being able to find Dds as tank and healer queued at EU prime time for a vet pledge🤔?
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Please stop repeating this condescending BS, @Lady_Linux . Our PS4s have “the chops” to play every game in our libraries, including brand new triple A games and other MMORPGs like FFXIV, with stable frame rates and no to extremely minimal crashes. The only other game I’ve ever played on PS4 that had issues was Tera, a notoriously poorly-optimized game.

One should not require a top of the line gaming PC to play a five year old MMORPG. ESO used to perform well on PS4; it’s the past few updates that have made the game unplayable on our systems. Our PS4s didn’t simultaneously degrade over the past year — the quality of ZOS’s coding did.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6486554#Comment_6486554
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually could not access that last night....was trying various things to get game moving again but could not even access crown store!!!🤣🤣🤣
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Speak for yourself, ESO works perfectly fine for me and has for months outside of bugs.

How many times did you go into Cyrodiil lately, for instance?!?!

Edited: wrong quote
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 4, 2019 11:51AM
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6486554#Comment_6486554

That post is absolutly irrelevant to the topic at hand (it's just a very lopsided critique of the PS4 architecture). That fact remains that this game ran perfectly fine on release on PS4's (and the PS4 is perfectly well equipped to run MMO games of any kind).

The problem is that ZOS simply has lost control of the Console code base and very obviously isn't able to fix the game into a working state. From what we can see of their development process it's likely that they develop on their (high-end) PC's and then somehow try to get it to run on Consoles. Which worked less and less over the yeats to the point where they no longer can ship a working product. This is not the fault of the platform or the players, this is the fault of the developer.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That post is absolutly irrelevant to the topic at hand (it's just a very lopsided critique of the PS4 architecture). That fact remains that this game ran perfectly fine on release on PS4's (and the PS4 is perfectly well equipped to run MMO games of any kind).

The problem is that ZOS simply has lost control of the Console code base and very obviously isn't able to fix the game into a working state. From what we can see of their development process it's likely that they develop on their (high-end) PC's and then somehow try to get it to run on Consoles. Which worked less and less over the yeats to the point where they no longer can ship a working product. This is not the fault of the platform or the players, this is the fault of the developer.

It the comment i referenced he mentions that he played Eve online for ten years and over the course of the 10 years the game evolved to the point that old arcitecture could no longer be supported and was dropped, even though it was supported at launch. The same effect is happening now with ESO the minimum standards have changed and older aritecture is being left behind. It's the way of electronics. This month adobe flash has reached EOL. Google chrome will no longer support it either. Despite the fact that many asian markets still use flash it will no longer be developed. It's how it is. And your right. It isnt the platforms fault or the players fault but neither is it the fault of developers having lost control of the code either. Tech is simply moving on. It happens. Sure was fun while it lasted though. c'est la vie.
    Edited by Lady_Linux on December 4, 2019 12:28PM

BTW, I use arch too
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I said I wanted consoles to be shown some love, I didn’t mean “drag them down to the level of PC EU”...

No one would advocate that level of suffering on other players.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maintenance fixed nothing :(
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lady_Linux

Stop referencing one person who has made a habit out of dissing consoles on this forum without any qualification apart from their own opinion.

What posters on this thread are saying is that it is not a hardware issue. Listen to what they are experiencing rather than the sounding off of someone who has no direct experience.

And anyway, if you did read their comment, then you would understand that what has been plaguing ps4 players since the patch is apparently SERVER related NOT hardware.

So nothing to do with ps4s being ‘eol’ then, and all to do with Zos servers.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to turn it off. This is absolutely the worst the game has EVER been for me since 2016. Even worse than Akamai. Honestly, I’m a fan boy, always have been, but this right here is making me swear and get angry. This is 100% unplayable, I literally cannot play. Got kicked just now for killing a freakin harpy!! Ffs ZOS give us SOMETHING!

P.S: A single comment “we’re looking into it” does NOT count as a developer commentary.
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 4, 2019 1:23PM
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It the comment i referenced he mentions that he played Eve online for ten years and over the course of the 10 years the game evolved to the point that old arcitecture could no longer be supported and was dropped, even though it was supported at launch. The same effect is happening now with ESO the minimum standards have changed and older aritecture is being left behind. It's the way of electronics. This month adobe flash has reached EOL. Google chrome will no longer support it either. Despite the fact that many asian markets still use flash it will no longer be developed. It's how it is. And your right. It isnt the platforms fault or the players fault but neither is it the fault of developers having lost control of the code either. Tech is simply moving on. It happens. Sure was fun while it lasted though. c'est la vie.

First of all, neither the PS4 (both models) or the XBox One (also all models) are EOL. The game is still sold and maintained by ZOS, so your comment is irrelevant. It's on the developer to deliver a working product on their supported platforms (all PS4 and XBox One versions) or stop doing so by telling the Console players that they are no longer supported. Which ZOS won't do as it would mean that they would loose 2/3 of their income. In case you still didn't realised it by now, the only reason why you are still able to play the game on PC is the fact they ported the games successfully to Consoles four years ago. With those sales and the playerbase the game would either be dead or in maintenance mode by now.
  • Ripcat
    Ripcat
    Soul Shriven
    Game is worse for me after yesterday’s patch. More bugs. Cant barswap half the time. ( appears to be an affect of CC carrying on after CC is broken/duration ended) Loading screens worse than before. Pots do not work half the time. In combat bug longer than usual and still can occur half way across map. Have reinstalled game, deleted saved data etc. Nothing works
    PS4 EU Cyrodil mainly
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to let this game go to another dev that can actually fix things. How the hell are things so much worse now?

I have zero faith at this time that anything will get better than it is now with your future "fixes". Un-***-real, zos...
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, neither the PS4 (both models) or the XBox One (also all models) are EOL. The game is still sold and maintained by ZOS, so your comment is irrelevant. It's on the developer to deliver a working product on their supported platforms (all PS4 and XBox One versions) or stop doing so by telling the Console players that they are no longer supported. Which ZOS won't do as it would mean that they would loose 2/3 of their income. In case you still didn't realised it by now, the only reason why you are still able to play the game on PC is the fact they ported the games successfully to Consoles four years ago. With those sales and the playerbase the game would either be dead or in maintenance mode by now.

your gear is obsolete for this game.

yeah but it's not.... The PS4 and Xbox BOTH meet the recommended specs for this game... and BOTH far exceed the minimum specs.

Then if you want to step in the territory of PRO and whatever the Xbox equivalent is - they EXCEED the recommended specs.

Clearly the issue is not the machines or their age.
    Edited by lagrue on December 4, 2019 3:26PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
This discussion has been closed.