The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is dragon leap so versitale, that in any situation the user is at a advantage?

• jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP have you played dk? Smh
    I wish the mods would gap close and stun lock this thread
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone insert the Syndrome "you dense *****er" meme here
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the OP is too dense to reason with. I believe my opinion to be true.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of HIS BELIEFS. Let's just move on from stupid (it kills me so nerf it) threads.
    Doesn't matter how many valid and logical reasons you give to OP, it wont change anything as His Belief is far stronger than your logical counters.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you say "I believe" you automatically win the argument. It is similar to saying "no U", which also resolves in an automatic win for the poster. Simple facts.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    When you say "I believe" you automatically win the argument. It is similar to saying "no U", which also resolves in an automatic win for the poster. Simple facts.

No u
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leap is balanced.
    It's powerful and got counters.
    All they need is to remove casttimes on other ultimates and buff the underperforming ones.
    Maybe then you will stop your crying.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on December 3, 2019 2:28PM
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ignore his posts. This is why the forums need a downvote option.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I swear these forums exist only for entertainment purposes sometimes.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying it isn't the best DK ultimate but I beat most other mag DK's without using it.

If you think it needs nerfing you're delusional.
    PC EU
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I swear these forums exist only for entertainment purposes sometimes.

Only sometimes?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now we have ppl saying Leap isnt a gap closer and no one reacts to it. like, this is normal, you fair DKs all agree with this.

that's enough for me :)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    So now we have ppl saying Leap isnt a gap closer and no one reacts to it. like, this is normal, you fair DKs all agree with this.

that's enough for me :)

Explain, why it is a gap closer?

Can be used on demand? Does it always work as all gap closer, even if you move away from range? Is it instant of have a small cast time (when the DK crouches before the jump)? Can be used if the enemy is over 5 mts above you or it messes with the y axis?

Oh, of course, under your "reasoning" it is a gap closer because it is casted at one point, and then the char moves to another place, near the enemy, just like... how was it name? Yes, Streak. Is streak a gap closer? Of course not.

If you do check this game history, you will see there have been a lot of changes to gap closers. None of those changes are applied to Leap, which, in turn, has had their own changes (most of them related with the fact that it cannot be casted in the air, and that it cannot be used to jump over walls). Even more, some years ago there was a bug related to all gap closers that allowed you to climb up resource towers at Cyro, and one of the complains done to that bug was that gap closers could do it, while an ULTIMATE couldn't do it.

So, based on that (which is what can be deduced from the own developers reasoning) is Leap a gap closer? The answer is

bugsbunnydiciend-45299aaed05bc27cc892ac5671deb202-800x400.jpg
    Edited by Xvorg on December 3, 2019 5:02PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord jesus you dks are so BIAS. You honestly believe dragon leap is not a gap closer. Smh it's the primary function. It even player lock. Omg your bias is noted. Dk leap is THE BEST GAP CLOSER IN THE GAME and best ultimate in the game based on no matter the situation. The stun allows a mindset that this ultimate is the answer. Which in return force the opponent to not punish. What should be a poor decision to go for damage vs defense. If you ever wonder why there is cast times. This is a part of the reason why.
    THE DKS BIAS IS EXTREMELY WRONG IN SAYING DRAGON LEAP IS NOT A GAP CLOSER. SMH
    and is my belief that

GAP CLOSER SHOULD NEVER STUN.

Edited by phoenixkungfu on December 3, 2019 8:38PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord jesus you dks are so BIAS. You honestly believe dragon leap is not a gap closer. Smh it's the primary function. It even player lock. Omg your bias is noted. Dk leap is THE BEST GAP CLOSER IN THE GAME and best ultimate in the game based on no matter the situation. The stun allows a mindset that this ultimate is the answer. Which in return force the opponent to not punish. What should be a poor decision to go for damage vs defense.
    and is my belief that

Gap Closer isnt leaps Primary function. Show me a dk that uses leap primarily as gap Closer and I can Show you a bad dk. It CAN act as a gap Closer, but its not its Primary function, its Primary function is burst Damage.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    SMH, take away THE GAP CLOSER PLAYER LOCK and 80% of dks wouldn't use this ultimate. the primary function is A GAP CLOSER.
    and it is my belief

THAT GAP CLOSER SHOULD NEVER STUN
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord jesus you dks are so BIAS. You honestly believe dragon leap is not a gap closer. Smh it's the primary function. It even player lock. Omg your bias is noted. Dk leap is THE BEST GAP CLOSER IN THE GAME and best ultimate in the game based on no matter the situation. The stun allows a mindset that this ultimate is the answer. Which in return force the opponent to not punish. What should be a poor decision to go for damage vs defense. If you ever wonder why there is cast times. This is a part of the reason why.
    and is my belief that

Yeah, its not the primary purpose no matter how much you say it is. Really; when I have played my DK which isn't much; I want to be close already as there is a good debuff I want on the target first that requires being close. It is NOT a gap closer
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Versatility" and "Advantageous" are not one in the same, which is what your topic implies: that if something isn't just versatile...but SOOOOOO versatile, it essentially guarantees an advantage, which is an absolute statement. While both CAN exist simultaneously, they can also exist separately.

In this case, Dragon Leap is versatile because it is USEFUL in many different situations. It is not a spammable "I WIN" button like Dizzy swing used to be. It is just a tool that can be utilized offensively, defensively, as support, for sustain etc. But by itself, it is not an OP ability, still requires the DK to know TIMING and WHEN they SHOULD use it.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think leap is okay.

If you see it coming, you can counter. The DK's tender belly is vulnerable when leaping.

Back when flame reach had its ranged knock-back, if I was quick enough I could send the DK flying in the other direction. Still laugh about that, just now laughed.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord jesus you dks are so BIAS. You honestly believe dragon leap is not a gap closer. Smh it's the primary function. It even player lock. Omg your bias is noted. Dk leap is THE BEST GAP CLOSER IN THE GAME and best ultimate in the game based on no matter the situation. The stun allows a mindset that this ultimate is the answer. Which in return force the opponent to not punish. What should be a poor decision to go for damage vs defense.
    and is my belief that

Wrong on all counts. 1st I main a stamsorc. Or my templar tank ( true tank, I do 0 damage). 2nd leap is an Ultimate , not a gap closer. A gap closer is a skill that can be spammed like any other skill. Again, leap is an U L T I M A T E. And hot the best, like most Ultimates it is situational. 3rd you are by far the MOST biased person I've seen on these forums in a while. Side note, leave your god out of this. He has no place here, just like mine have no place here. Given plenty of time, I hope you learn this game and gain the expieriance to counter certain things you have yet to understand and especially gain the expieriance necessary to understand that you are going to lose. Alot. You're going to die. Alot. Just like we all did and still do. And of coarse have fun. The ONLY nerf threads that should exist is "nerf lag" and " nerf crashes". The End.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SMH, take away THE GAP CLOSER PLAYER LOCK and 80% of dks wouldn't use this ultimate. the primary function is A GAP CLOSER.
    and it is my belief

The primary function is to do dmg for Talos sake. If you take away dmg from Leap and change it for a burst heal or a super shield or whatever you think it suits, noone will ever use Leap.

The stun is useful because it is an added effect to the ulti. Without the stun, Leap should cost around 80 Ulti on its based form. Take away the stun and reduce it costs.

Do you ever know how ulti value is calculated? Ultis with more effects are more expensive, Same happens with single target vs AoE dmg ultis.

And stop saying leap is the best gap closer in the game. 99% of the times a DKs use it is to kill an enemy. So gap closing my marrow. Any gap closer used against an enemy about to die is a waste of a skill.

L2P
    Edited by Xvorg on December 3, 2019 8:53PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course OP is a console player..... L M A O
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    To say this ultimate is not a gap closer which let's break down gap closer definition -
    A move that player lock on opponent at over 10 meters and pulls the user to the opponent. This is a fact
    MAKING DK LEAP A GAP CLOSER

Please please stop the bias attempt to act like this ultimate isn't over preforming as a meta. STUNS, stun are in my opinion the most effective tactic available or meta in pvp. (God please aleast let these bias dks get that). This is way it is my belief
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Of course OP is a console player..... L M A O

I'm also on console. So are a few others who have been trying to make sense of the mess that is this post...
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To say this ultimate is not a gap closer which let's break down gap closer definition -
    A move that player lock on opponent at over 10 meters and pulls the user to the opponent. This is a fact

Please please stop the bias attempt to act like this ultimate isn't over preforming as a meta. STUNS, stun are in my opinion the most effective tactic available or meta in pvp. (God please aleast let these bias dks get that). This is way it is my belief

Can you make up your mind already?
    Yes it CAN be used as a gap Closer, emphasizing the CAN, you said that leaps Primary function is being a gap Closer, which is wrong, as I said previously its Primary function is burst Damage.
    So again, yes it can be used as a gap Closer, but thats not its Primary function, nor is it a gap Closer in the sense of being a spammable gap Closer like all other gap Closers are.
    It is an ult for burst Damage which CAN close a gap. But if you compare it to other gap Closers you will see that those are not ultimates and can be spammed (and some can also stun, streak and toppling come to mind)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gap closers as toppling or shielded assault, maybe. But that will lead to a world where sorcs can streak away during months and never catch them, you know why?

But Leap? LEAP? a Ultimate skill used for the dmg it delivers? You know how stupid is to use leap against a streaking sorc? If the sorc is good enough he's going to break free and then streak with CC immnunity during 6 secs. How many streaks you can do in 6 secs? So, after the sorc is catched he has 6 secs when he can strike away.

Besides that, the DK has wasted all his ulti and since the sorc is streaking away he cannot generate more ulti. Even more, if the Sorc is good enough, he can just streak in the direction of the DK and put a beautiful stun, forcing him to burn stam. The same stam he uses to sprint.

Your is a L2P issue. I play DK as much as I play on my sorc, and I've never, ever had a problem with leap, because I leanrt to press the right button of the mouse, long, long ago.

Overperforming skills are those which have no counter. A skill that's countered with the right button of the mouse cannot be overperforming.

That makes me remember, what's the counter move against streak if the sorc catches me? Right, there's no counter, not even blocking. Move away from the trail or get stunned. And even with that, have you ever seen any DK here complaining about streak stun? No, right? Because dealing with streaking sorcs is a L2P issue.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To hell with your belief. Your belief is wrong and is your downfall. Leap primary is damage get that through your head. Btw are you an Xbox NA player by chance? Because I would love to show you just how useful Leap is.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on December 3, 2019 11:26PM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it is my belief

We are trying to tell you it's used for its burst damage!!
    Do us all a favor and roll a dk for a month in cyrodiil and get back to us about this gap closing bs...

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Gap closers as toppling or shielded assault, maybe. But that will lead to a world where sorcs can streak away during months and never catch them, you know why?

But Leap? LEAP? a Ultimate skill used for the dmg it delivers? You know how stupid is to use leap against a streaking sorc? If the sorc is good enough he's going to break free and then streak with CC immnunity during 6 secs. How many streaks you can do in 6 secs? So, after the sorc is catched he has 6 secs when he can strike away.

Besides that, the DK has wasted all his ulti and since the sorc is streaking away he cannot generate more ulti. Even more, if the Sorc is good enough, he can just streak in the direction of the DK and put a beautiful stun, forcing him to burn stam. The same stam he uses to sprint.

Your is a L2P issue. I play DK as much as I play on my sorc, and I've never, ever had a problem with leap, because I leanrt to press the right button of the mouse, long, long ago.

Overperforming skills are those which have no counter. A skill that's countered with the right button of the mouse cannot be overperforming.

That makes me remember, what's the counter move against streak if the sorc catches me? Right, there's no counter, not even blocking. Move away from the trail or get stunned. And even with that, have you ever seen any DK here complaining about streak stun? No, right? Because dealing with streaking sorcs is a L2P issue.

^That.
This discussion has been closed.