The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What do you guys think of the new set Tooth of Lokkestiiz

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Has anyone actually thought to pair tooth with alkosh these 2 sets are a match for each other and would allow tanks to run something other than alkosh

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

I'd avoid using that Target Dummy currently. It is quite bugged. There are reports of 200k DPS parses on that thing by a MagDK. Hitting for a max of 172k Molten Whip.

@kathandira

The new raid dummy is bugged because Engulfing Flame stacks endlessly if you don't reset it between parses (so if you just keep killing it over and over again, your flame damage increases by 10% more every parse).

However, as far as I know there aren't any bugs specific to the dummy that are inflating stam DPS parses as long as you aren't doing flame damage. Of course there is the pet crit bug but that isn't specific to the new raid dummy; pets are critting 100% of the time everywhere.

So no, the new raid dummy is fine to use as long as you reset it between parses if you're doing flame damage and as long as you understand that any damage done by pets is being overstated.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Has anyone actually thought to pair tooth with alkosh these 2 sets are a match for each other and would allow tanks to run something other than alkosh

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

You were using the two sets?

@Taesear yes that is Tooth of Lokkestiiz (weapons/jewelry) + Alkosh.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

I'd avoid using that Target Dummy currently. It is quite bugged. There are reports of 200k DPS parses on that thing by a MagDK. Hitting for a max of 172k Molten Whip.

@kathandira

The new raid dummy is bugged because Engulfing Flame stacks endlessly if you don't reset it between parses (so if you just keep killing it over and over again, your flame damage increases by 10% more every parse).

However, as far as I know there aren't any bugs specific to the dummy that are inflating stam DPS parses as long as you aren't doing flame damage. Of course there is the pet crit bug but that isn't specific to the new raid dummy; pets are critting 100% of the time everywhere.

So no, the new raid dummy is fine to use as long as you reset it between parses if you're doing flame damage and as long as you understand that any damage done by pets is being overstated.

Sweet, that is good to know. Didn't realize it was a DK only thing.

What about the Pet Crit situation, is that only for Sorcs? Or does that apply to ALL pets?

And lastly, if you wouldn't mind, and if you have time, can you throw up a comparison between Alkosh/Tooth, and Relequen/Tooth?

I'd do it myself, but i'm a filthy console player. = /
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

What about the Pet Crit situation, is that only for Sorcs? Or does that apply to ALL pets?

And lastly, if you wouldn't mind, and if you have time, can you throw up a comparison between Alkosh/Tooth, and Relequen/Tooth?

@kathandira

All pets and summons. So the Warden bear (all of its attacks), all sorc pets, all Necro summons (skeletal mage, skeletal archer, blastbone bomber dude), NB shades, probably other stuff as well but those are the ones I've seen specifically.

And here's a Rele + Tooth parse from the same stamden setup. I would guess the difference between Rele + Tooth and Alkosh + Tooth is about 5-6k in most cases on this setup:

NiIlSWl.png
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

@kathandira

All pets and summons. So the Warden bear (all of its attacks), all sorc pets, all Necro summons (skeletal mage, skeletal archer, blastbone bomber dude), NB shades, probably other stuff as well but those are the ones I've seen specifically.

And here's a Rele + Tooth parse from the same stamden setup. I would guess the difference between Rele + Tooth and Alkosh + Tooth is about 5-6k in most cases on this setup:

NiIlSWl.png

Thank you so much for answering those questions, and providing the parse!

Super appreciated.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Any group worth their salt (orbs every 20 seconds) will already get 75% uptime on this set. One more synergy and uptimes close to 100% are very real. 100% Major Slayer uptime is pretty darn good. I can see tanks/healers fitting another synergy on their bars for this set.

And Alkosh on DDs? Just let it go, Alkosh is a DPS loss.
    Tank in new heavy set? Show me a set so good healers will run instead of Olorime.

Relequen/Lokkestiiz seems to be the future.

@Royaji

Have you been in Sunspire yet?

If so, what kind of Line-Breaker uptimes were your tank(s) able to keep up on each of the bosses?
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 17, 2019 6:32PM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

@kathandira

NiIlSWl.png

I would estimate more, as your DPS with alkosh is inflated because you have more penetration then parses without it. I’d guess it’s about a 10k difference minimum.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

@kathandira

NiIlSWl.png

I would estimate more, as your DPS with alkosh is inflated because you have more penetration then parses without it. I’d guess it’s about a 10k difference minimum.

Yes, @templesus, obviously there is more pen on the setup using Alkosh.

What I mean is that specifically comparing solo 21mil parses head-to-head with this setup, I see about a 5-6k difference in DPS on average. Might be smaller if I adjusted CP a bit but I think that's about right.

And the only reason I'm bothering to test Alkosh on a stam DPS at all is that it might be relevant in some content where tanks can't reliably keep Alkosh up on the boss, but that's still up in the air so it's hard to tell, but in the case for which this is relevant the DPS difference should stay about the same since Alkosh isn't up reliably anyway. Will hopefully know more soon.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 17, 2019 6:45PM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

@kathandira

NiIlSWl.png

What I mean is that specifically comparing solo 21mil parses head-to-head with this setup, I see about a 5-6k difference in DPS on average. Might be smaller if I adjusted CP a bit but I think that's about right.

And the only reason I'm bothering to test Alkosh on a stam DPS at all is that it might be relevant in some content where tanks can't reliably keep Alkosh up on the boss, but that's still up in the air so it's hard to tell, but in the case for which this is relevant the DPS difference should stay about the same since Alkosh isn't up reliably anyway. Will hopefully know more soon.

Yeah, I can see it being relevant in very niche areas. Don’t see it being used in Trial settings.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this set render war machine and master architect obsolete? Without a smart target on their group buff it seems like a bad idea to use them if half the DDs are wearing tooth of lokkestiiz. On the other hand, the group buff from war machine would be a dps buff to a build wearing any set other than this.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    Does this set render war machine and master architect obsolete? Without a smart target on their group buff it seems like a bad idea to use them if half the DDs are wearing tooth of lokkestiiz. On the other hand, the group buff from war machine would be a dps buff to a build wearing any set other than this.

Yes they’re obsolete in anything bar 4 man content.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

@kathandira

NiIlSWl.png

Yeah, I can see it being relevant in very niche areas. Don’t see it being used in Trial settings.

@templesus

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Same question I asked Royaji: have you been in Sunspire? Were your tanks able to keep Line-Breaker up on the bosses there?
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »

Yes they’re obsolete in anything bar 4 man content.

Sad times. I expect the meta to move on but sharing the buff with those two trial sets with near full up time is pretty savage.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

@kathandira

NiIlSWl.png

@templesus

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Same question I asked Royaji: have you been in Sunspire? Were your tanks able to keep Line-Breaker up on the bosses there?

Haven’t been in there, I’m a console player with PTS thus I have nobody to run with lol. I’ve only done parses thus far.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@BattleAxe

Tg38kbw.png

@kathandira

@kathandira

NiIlSWl.png

@templesus

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Haven’t been in there, I’m a console player with PTS thus I have nobody to run with lol. I’ve only done parses thus far.

Ah, OK.

Well again not sure if it's going to be relevant once people have spent more time in there but as of right now, due to positioning, I've run with multiple groups and Line-Breaker uptime on the dragons is basically non-existent (and have heard from others who've been in there with totally different groups who experienced the same thing).

So not sure if this was an intentional design decision on ZOS's part where the main tank is kept out of Alkosh range so they can force a stam DD to run it, or if it's just that we haven't figured out the right positioning yet.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any group worth their salt (orbs every 20 seconds) will already get 75% uptime on this set. One more synergy and uptimes close to 100% are very real. 100% Major Slayer uptime is pretty darn good. I can see tanks/healers fitting another synergy on their bars for this set.

Tank in new heavy set? Show me a set so good healers will run instead of Olorime.

@Royaji

Have you been in Sunspire yet?

If so, what kind of Line-Breaker uptimes were your tank(s) able to keep up on each of the bosses?

I have not tried it out. I will be careful making any kind of tactics-related statements two days after content became available though. For now everyone will be playing it safe in most cases not even using Alkosh at all.

In general being out of range of Alkosh means being out of range of puncture, heroic, WoE, engulfing and many other core skills. I'm a bit sceptical tanks will not find a way to avoid being locked out of most of their skills.
    Edited by Royaji on April 17, 2019 8:12PM
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would healers have to change out of olorime? The new heavy set gives minor courage, olorime gives major courage. Any raid group pushing scores will have both running.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lack of synergies in game is what hinders this set?

No, like i said, raid groups and progression teams, basically every organized groups will benefit from it. If you pug a lot there might be better options out there.

PS4 EU - StamDK
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm mildly concerned about how the meta shift will affect racial balance. I did have misgivings about precisely this kind of situation in the future back when ZOS changed racials. Now that the meta will shift to Tooth of Lokkestiiz as a drop-in replacement for AY, I can see how khajiits may remain locked to AY simply because they're locked into high crit builds in order to make use of their racial passive. The sloppy racial decisions, once again, show their ugly face.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I'm thinking this will be a cool set for Necro Tanks. If they can activate their own synergy, they should be able to have really nice uptime on this set bonus.

tanks not dps? Why so?

In 4 mans, I don't mind running 1 DPS set to boost up the group damage. Just not in DLC Vets.

Maybe in some Normal Trials too.

Definitely not on the harder content though.

Might want War machine instead for that situation as it boosts your dps and group dps.

Yeah, that would make much more sense. Especially since I use low cost Ultimates with lots of Ultimate Regen.

Good call = ) Thanks!

>..> I feel inspired. My dps sorc tank hybrid does the same... hmm

I'll need more info on that, sounds interesting.

I haven't really got build to a place I am satisted with it yet, but here it is https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78878

My goal is a to have a berserk type tank. Something that bleeds but gives other pain too and takes the heavies of hits with bound aegis.

You want to DPS as a tank???

With a tank, you'd be better off with hundings than this... Adding 15% damage to little damage vs adding 300 weapon actually allowing for a bit of damage.

This set is a selfish War Machine, that's all. You won't give major slayer to anyone but you'll have it up almost 100% in trials. A single synergy allows for 75% uptime, multiple ones can give you 100%.

So not meant for tanks to do DPS, there would be better things than that if that was a goal (why not just buff your actual DPS's DPS though?).
  • Unparagoned1994
    I think its garbage to have one set thats godly and makes running any other set or any other class for that matter useless in pve... create some versatility maybe give back just enough dots to keep up with it to make maelstrom dw even worth getting or just nerf the set so that its not a trial with 8 stam necro with same set ups rele and lokestes theres no teamwork in that like there used to be when people had to run war machine or master architect...
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! Given this threads age, we've closed it, as some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.