The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DOTs have been nerfed to the ground and now sorc's are immortal

• 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly in the current meta, everyone is hard to kill.

Healing is way too strong. If you dont have multiple people with major and minor defile in your group, you can't do anything at all. And even with that it takes forever.

If any team has a dedicated healer, its almost invincible.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    to be fair, after the last updates players of all classes seem significantly tankier. I think a big part of it is the fact all dots do roughly half the damage they did before. You wanted to make oblivion damage the "giant slayer" but dots were the true giant slayers. Yeah, they seemed like a lot of damage but that was only if they could stay on long enough to do the full amount. If your target or yourself purged or died, the dots would only be worth a tick or two. So now if you use a dot, even for the full duration which is normally 10 seconds, it wouldn't be worth much more than a single spammable hit (that does all its damage at once). So now a whole category of skills has become worthless, again, in pvp. Not only all dots but the value of skills that helped with dots plummeted. It's fine though, I'm just bored of all the old meta burst skills. Not that dots were all that more exciting it just felt like something new to play an all dot build and watching your opponent melt gradually instead of in random chunks.

This last update has been a significant paradigm shift in class power. before classes that had a way to avoid that massive dot damage was king or queen but now those cleanse/dot avoidance skills are worth far less. Now we have sorc's who can not be killed by anyone other than they're own hubris or if they lag out or bug. I have three of every class because I like trying new builds. but lately my sorc's are a mile above all my other characters and it's one of the classes I play the least. I think this is mostly because we're back to the burst meta and they are the best at avoiding bursts AND really good at eating bursts with wards. Other classes are good at eating bursts too but they eventually can get overwhelmed by a large enough group. Sorcs can choose the size of groups they fight by simple running away until the only players following are a group small enough for the sorc to handle. After they all went "art of war" on your ass they are just as tanky as any other class while having the easiest burst to time in the game. To do that much damage, take a *** load of damage, and blink/expedition halfway to another keep must make it hard to manage recourses? lol nope. What kept them in check before was the dots, they had to really stay back in the distance because if enough players DOTed them up the sorc would be hard-pressed to keep his ward going burning up resources which made it significantly harder to run away and forced them to choose between blinking away from the charging group and getting melted by the dots or ward themselves and get run down. Every class can 1vX by LOSing around rocks/building/trees but sorc's expedition and BoL that can now remove snares, make them the king/queen of LOS play.
    If they got stunned before they could still take on enough DOTs that would tick them down while they LOS'd. They would either die or stay forced on the defensive.

Now I'm not asking for sorc nerf's, because I'm having a blast playing one but I do recognize that there is no counter against a sorc while every other class has its weaknesses. Maybe make a DOT in the assault tree that does increase damage based on the distance the target has traveled. Since dots are pretty much worthless it wouldn't be that big of a deal if they just stood there and warded and burst you down, but if a couple of those get thrown on a sorc that wants to get away they have to think really carefully on how to go about that, unless they slot a purge.

If you add a skill like that sorcs would still be the same powerfull fun class but now I, as well as others, will have to pay closer attention to what our/your opponent is doing rather than just mindlessly Burst/ward/run repeat.

It also gives more value to purge and dot avoidance skills in PVP. And sorc's could use the skill too on players that are chasing them but if the chasing player a purge it wont help them much.

Basically what it comes down to is that sorcs only natural weakness was dots because they had no way to cheaply cleanse them and or null them like cloak. and now the sorcs main weakness just got nerfed into the dirt. Snares and roots used to help a lot too but now ball of lightning removes and grants immunity to snares. Other defensive/evasive skills can be countered but ball of lightning counters almost everything.

New meta immortal sorcs, you just got to be a little good and nothing can kill you. I'm a terrible sorc and I've got a bug that keeps locking me into sprint and I still do great.

Found the zergling Xv1er.

Stop following them if you know they're better than you; any class can 1vX like this. The only good point you have here is ball of lightning being overtuned. It's too much like wings was in the past and is due for another tuning.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is clearly a L2P issues posted by the baddies hwo cry about sorc every single patch.

Sorc is not more unkilable than others.

This patch is a once again a tanky meta, and every one is tanky.

You guys still don't understand how sorc work for sure. A sorc that goes on the defense do no damage and is very tanky, and sorc that goes offensive loose it's range (stun) and is not able to proprely defend it's self. You need to either outnumber the sorc with enough pressure to completly break his defense capacity (2 people is enough) or you need to fight the sorc so he goes on offensive and he can be killed.

Sorc is predictable with both offense and defense telegraphed, when will you learn seriously ?

If you try to kill a sorc hwo spam shields + rapid regen with streak + dark exchange, you will not kill him unless you outnumber him, and it can be said with every classes in this meta.

What does a sorc when he think he cannot take the number/that people ? He streak while maintening defense and does the telegraphed burst when he is in range or think the 2 shields can hold the presure while comboing. it's like that since launch.

If you want to kill a good sorc, the best way is to fight him 1v1 so he doesn't run and can be killable while being offensive or to outnumber him with streak counter.

Sorc damage/regen/tankiness ratio is far from being over powered.

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #nerfsorc
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfsorc.com
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    chrightt wrote: »
    [....

A magsorc piloted by a terrible player will only feel slightly above average - still a huge step up from what a truly terrible player would experience on any other class, but not worthy of the overpowered rhetoric constantly discussed on the forums. For these terrible players, a nerf would seem out of line.

i've seen you in bg's on your magsorc. i understand why you don't want the class nerfed.

Lol

🍿
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I still stand by my earlier post I did run into a 3 man group tonight near Chalman that included a Magsorc that was stacking shields over 20K (nearly covered his whole 25K health bar) and seemed to have unlimited recovery both in magic and stam. There were tons of friendlies in the area and together with 5-8 other people I chased the Magsorc around for 10 minutes after killing his buddies and we couldn't even touch his health, he'd just constantly streak and recast shields but he never disengaged, just repositioned.
    I tried stunning him again and again hoping to run him out of stam but he broke free instantly every time and it ran me out of magic before I could keep him stunned.
    He also had enough damage that he was getting kills pretty easily with Curse/LA spam/procced frags/shooting star. I'm a tough out usually and he even got me a couple of times after I ran my magica low spamming toppling/sweeps on him trying to get his shields down (didn't help I'm stage 4 vamp and he used fire staff/Shooting star).
    I have the feeling if I'd gotten him 1v1 he'd have easily been able to drain my resources long before I could his even if I played it defensively. Gotta give him lots of credit for being a great player but it is definitely the most OP build I've seen on any class this patch with great defense, mobility, damage and enough recovery to continuously spam two shields and streak for 10 minutes straight. If the specifics of his build become common knowledge everyone will be running Sorc again.
    Edited by itscompton on November 14, 2019 11:24AM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    While I still stand by my earlier post I did run into a 3 man group tonight near Chalman that included a Magsorc that was stacking shields over 20K (nearly covered his whole 25K health bar) and seemed to have unlimited recovery both in magic and stam. There were tons of friendlies in the area and together with 5-8 other people I chased the Magsorc around for 10 minutes after killing his buddies and we couldn't even touch his health, he'd just constantly streak and recast shields but he never disengaged, just repositioned. I tried stunning him again and again hoping to run him out of stam but he broke free instantly every time and it ran me out of magic before I could keep him stunned. He also had enough damage that he was getting kills pretty easily with Curse/LA spam/procced frags/shooting star. I'm a tough out usually and he even got me a couple of times after I ran my magica low spamming toppling on him (didn't help I'm stage 4 vamp and he used fire staff/Shooting star). I have the feeling if I'd gotten him 1v1 he'd have easily been able to drain my resources long before I could his. Definitely the most OP build I've seen on any class this patch and if it becomes common everyone will be running Sorc again.

This is sorc gameplay since launch.

This is a L2P problem for people since launch.

if you guys die on a single magsorc predictable burst, then it's a L2P issue.

If you guys don't bash the sorc using dark exchange then it's a l2P issue.

If you guys run out of stam as a stam build and out of mag by using a single magicka skill every 6s to stun, then it's a build issue.

If you guyZ aren't able to bring 2 shields down in 4s (the time a sorc need to achieve his entire combo without being stunned or needing to stop offense to go for shields), then it's a L2P issue.

If you build for low ressource, don't chase a sorc.

If your friends aren't able to chase a sorc, then don't chase a sorc.

If your friends are able to die from a single 4s telegraphed combo while outnumbering and chasing a sorc, when everything they need to do is to block at the right time t+ running a decent build that doesn't get one shot by everything then change your friends or make them L2P and L2B.

• Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    While I still stand by my earlier post I did run into a 3 man group tonight near Chalman that included a Magsorc that was stacking shields over 20K (nearly covered his whole 25K health bar) and seemed to have unlimited recovery both in magic and stam. There were tons of friendlies in the area and together with 5-8 other people I chased the Magsorc around for 10 minutes after killing his buddies and we couldn't even touch his health, he'd just constantly streak and recast shields but he never disengaged, just repositioned. I tried stunning him again and again hoping to run him out of stam but he broke free instantly every time and it ran me out of magic before I could keep him stunned. He also had enough damage that he was getting kills pretty easily with Curse/LA spam/procced frags/shooting star. I'm a tough out usually and he even got me a couple of times after I ran my magica low spamming toppling on him (didn't help I'm stage 4 vamp and he used fire staff/Shooting star). I have the feeling if I'd gotten him 1v1 he'd have easily been able to drain my resources long before I could his. Gotta give him lots of credit for being a great player but it is definitely the most OP build I've seen on any class this patch and if it becomes common everyone will be running Sorc again.
    I met such DK NB templar warden its not only sorc. its L2P issue... some players understand mechanic and know how to use it. Typ for u create and play all classes then u will understand how to beat them sorc it is not op to another class.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I sometimes die...

When 20 people chase me down for 5 minutes, dropping 4 meteors over my head :)
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have when people say "you die to predictable burst"

Yes it is very predictable.

Problem is not sorcs have unblockable cc. Can't exactly block a "predictable burst" wen hit with an unblockable stun
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This #584820483 Nerf Sorc thread. Who even plays a Sorc anymore? Nerfed so many times they are just about useless in PVE.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is not sorcs have unblockable cc. Can't exactly block a "predictable burst" wen hit with an unblockable stun

You cannot land the hardest hitting ability of the combo when you stun with streak.

Streaking and doing a 180° turn to land the frag is slow enough to allow you to break the CC and block/dodge heal the frag.

If you cannot break free and react in time, it's a lag or a L2P issue.

Streak animation + Turning to 180° + frag minimum travel time + real travel time is enough breathing room to counter the main part aka the frag.

Try harder with decent ping, you will be successful. If you break free slowly, you can attribute a single touch to the break free instead of left + right click if you want, it's easier.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

You cannot land the hardest hitting ability of the combo when you stun with streak.

Streaking and doing a 180° turn to land the frag is slow enough to allow you to break the CC and block/dodge heal the frag.

If you cannot break free and react in time, it's a lag or a L2P issue.

Streak animation + Turning to 180° + frag minimum travel time + real travel time is enough breathing room to counter the main part aka the frag.

Try harder with decent ping, you will be successful. If you break free slowly, you can attribute a single touch to the break free instead of left + right click if you want, it's easier.

It depends on what you consider the hardest hitting. You can land a curse into meteor with a frag up, you're not blocking that meteor. I'm just saying l2p when a class has unblockable cc is unfair. It's like when I fear into meteor, I don't tell people l2p when they get mollywhomped because there is no counterplay.
  • Varkal2112
    Varkal2112
    ✭✭✭
    ITT: casuals who think sorc needs to get nerfed because they suck at this game
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get ready to be bombarded by "l2p" coming from Sorc mains who are absolutely not biased in any way.

All these Sorc mains are probably the one's creating all the Nerf Templar threads...ya know, to throw ZOS of their scent.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just cry louder "NERF SORCS!!"

it removes l2p l2p issue and raises your skill by +1

every time you do it - beleive me

even when you're killed by other class - cry "NERF SORCS" :D
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSorc.com
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get ready to be bombarded by "l2p" coming from Sorc mains who are absolutely not biased in any way.

All these Sorc mains are probably the one's creating all the Nerf Templar threads...ya know, to throw ZOS of their scent.

When someone call for nerf Sorc. Great support, when someone call for nerf Templar QQ ..
  • xAcrania
    xAcrania
    ✭✭
    Learn 2 Play. Thats literally your issue and everyone else who has the same mentallity
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about sorcs being immortal, but agree that DOTS were overnerfed in ZOS typical hamhanded way. Soul Trap and Entropy SHOULD BE powerful skills that are options to others, they were for one patch, now not.

They should have rolled back 50% of the amount of the buff in the previous patch, not 50% flat. This kind of 180 from patch to patch makes them look incompetent.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry in the next update with "class balancing", Sorc will get beat like a "Whack-a-mole"at a county fair. Then they will need a pocket healer to kill a mud crab.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on November 22, 2019 7:39PM
  • The_Snuff
    The_Snuff
    ✭✭
    I know this requires some thinking and counterplay but try and time your hard cc towards the end of their ward timer and hit them over the head with an ultimate.