The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

DOTs have been nerfed to the ground and now sorc's are immortal

KingShocker
KingShocker
✭✭✭
to be fair, after the last updates players of all classes seem significantly tankier. I think a big part of it is the fact all dots do roughly half the damage they did before. You wanted to make oblivion damage the "giant slayer" but dots were the true giant slayers. Yeah, they seemed like a lot of damage but that was only if they could stay on long enough to do the full amount. If your target or yourself purged or died, the dots would only be worth a tick or two. So now if you use a dot, even for the full duration which is normally 10 seconds, it wouldn't be worth much more than a single spammable hit (that does all its damage at once). So now a whole category of skills has become worthless, again, in pvp. Not only all dots but the value of skills that helped with dots plummeted. It's fine though, I'm just bored of all the old meta burst skills. Not that dots were all that more exciting it just felt like something new to play an all dot build and watching your opponent melt gradually instead of in random chunks.

This last update has been a significant paradigm shift in class power. before classes that had a way to avoid that massive dot damage was king or queen but now those cleanse/dot avoidance skills are worth far less. Now we have sorc's who can not be killed by anyone other than they're own hubris or if they lag out or bug. I have three of every class because I like trying new builds. but lately my sorc's are a mile above all my other characters and it's one of the classes I play the least. I think this is mostly because we're back to the burst meta and they are the best at avoiding bursts AND really good at eating bursts with wards. Other classes are good at eating bursts too but they eventually can get overwhelmed by a large enough group. Sorcs can choose the size of groups they fight by simple running away until the only players following are a group small enough for the sorc to handle. After they all went "art of war" on your ass they are just as tanky as any other class while having the easiest burst to time in the game. To do that much damage, take a *** load of damage, and blink/expedition halfway to another keep must make it hard to manage recourses? lol nope. What kept them in check before was the dots, they had to really stay back in the distance because if enough players DOTed them up the sorc would be hard-pressed to keep his ward going burning up resources which made it significantly harder to run away and forced them to choose between blinking away from the charging group and getting melted by the dots or ward themselves and get run down. Every class can 1vX by LOSing around rocks/building/trees but sorc's expedition and BoL that can now remove snares, make them the king/queen of LOS play.
If they got stunned before they could still take on enough DOTs that would tick them down while they LOS'd. They would either die or stay forced on the defensive.

Now I'm not asking for sorc nerf's, because I'm having a blast playing one but I do recognize that there is no counter against a sorc while every other class has its weaknesses. Maybe make a DOT in the assault tree that does increase damage based on the distance the target has traveled. Since dots are pretty much worthless it wouldn't be that big of a deal if they just stood there and warded and burst you down, but if a couple of those get thrown on a sorc that wants to get away they have to think really carefully on how to go about that, unless they slot a purge.

If you add a skill like that sorcs would still be the same powerfull fun class but now I, as well as others, will have to pay closer attention to what our/your opponent is doing rather than just mindlessly Burst/ward/run repeat.

It also gives more value to purge and dot avoidance skills in PVP. And sorc's could use the skill too on players that are chasing them but if the chasing player a purge it wont help them much.

Basically what it comes down to is that sorcs only natural weakness was dots because they had no way to cheaply cleanse them and or null them like cloak. and now the sorcs main weakness just got nerfed into the dirt. Snares and roots used to help a lot too but now ball of lightning removes and grants immunity to snares. Other defensive/evasive skills can be countered but ball of lightning counters almost everything.

New meta immortal sorcs, you just got to be a little good and nothing can kill you. I'm a terrible sorc and I've got a bug that keeps locking me into sprint and I still do great.
Edited by KingShocker on November 9, 2019 10:51PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tldr

Nerf Sorcs
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get ready to be bombarded by "l2p" coming from Sorc mains who are absolutely not biased in any way.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't read.

But I agree full heartily.

Nerf sorc
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get ready to be bombarded by "l2p" coming from Sorc mains who are absolutely not biased in any way.

As he should be, so yea OP, L2P.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc are immortal for reasons other than this. Ball Of Lightning got a huge buff for example and similar mobility skills such as a shade are still poopy in comparison.

And Immortal suggests they don't ever die (they do sometimes). As it is right now healing ward encourages shield stacking which sorc often does. Magblade struggles with that so yeah they may have a hard time. DK's might have a hard time staying on top of a sorc since Ball of Lightning is an overloaded skill.

There are lots of reasons sorc is good but to be frank I'll just say something that a lot of people overlook: Curse is busted. Curse goes through mistform and as far as I know it goes through evasion (which means it's an AOE?) and major/minor protection. Now if curse is an AOE it makes sense for that to bring me out of cloak but then it should be affected by evasion and it isn't. If It's a DOT than it should be suppressed by cloak and well it isn't (but to be fair I wouldn't consider it a DOT). So honestly IDK what curse is anymore but is persists even after dying which is weird too! Maybe don't nerf sorc and just nerf curse like they tried to do back in homestead before the ended up buffing the bloody thing since every sorc lost it when the patch notes came out.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tldr but Nerf sorcs !
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I don't like the nerf sorc stuff and I know it's not sorc players fault but nyassa brings up some good points and the buffs to streak are a joke. Magnb my main got the like 900 dps dot taken from path because it also healed for like 1.2 and gave me movement speed. They said it "did too much"

Meanwhile the best mobility tool in the game they also at the same time think. "You know what this bomb ass skill needs? An unblockable aoe stun!"

I don't like thier inconsistency
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New meta immortal sorcs, you just got to be a little good and nothing can kill you. I'm a terrible sorc and I've got a bug that keeps locking me into sprint and I still do great.

What do you mean by you do great? You do great in running away I assume

I think sorc struggles to kill anything decent this patch
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on November 10, 2019 1:34AM
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh snap, my new ESO formula is working well for the most standard class threads seen:

#1 I don’t know how to DK so plz buff DK because we’re not actually strong enough already
    #2 nerf sorcs. I’ve actually never played sorcs and I struggle as a low tier scrub so sorcs feel stronger than other classes!

I’m guessing this is a number 2 and as a number 2 would suggest when you visit the toilet, this is a steaming pile of ***.

Ahhhh *** I smell the salt of DK and another DK is Garbo compared to sorcs when sorcs won’t be able to kill any decent DKs. Really, I think people are more “biased” by continuously feeding off old stereotypes.

Ahhh *** it, I guess I’ll just play my magDK if they want to buff an already OP class even more. If magplars turn OP again I’ll just stomp noobs with magplars. Whatever, the new team can’t balance for *** and I can just take the ez way out cause I can~
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Oh snap, my new ESO formula is working well for the most standard class threads seen:

#1 I don’t know how to DK so plz buff DK because we’re not actually strong enough already
    #2 nerf sorcs. I’ve actually never played sorcs and I struggle as a low tier scrub so sorcs feel stronger than other classes!

I’m guessing this is a number 2 and as a number 2 would suggest when you visit the toilet, this is a steaming pile of ***.

Ahhhh *** I smell the salt of DK and another DK is Garbo compared to sorcs when sorcs won’t be able to kill any decent DKs. Really, I think people are more “biased” by continuously feeding off old stereotypes.

Ahhh *** it, I guess I’ll just play my magDK if they want to buff an already OP class even more. If magplars turn OP again I’ll just stomp noobs with magplars. Whatever, the new team can’t balance for *** and I can just take the ez way out cause I can~

Ahhhhh a sorc main getting upset and rambling about other classes without any real point other than l2p
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When they buffed healing ward, but never gave a disadvantage to BRP DW and Resto, the result was obvious...
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka sorcerers also now have access to critical surge which is 30% stronger than power surge ever was. Which is cool but zos is 100% going to take aim at that skill and nerf it into the ground taking stam sorcerers with it once the meta shift changes to picking on magsorcs again.

Its just what zos does.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for proving my point.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh a sorc main getting upset and rambling about other classes without any real point other than l2p

Ah darn, sorry to prove you guys wrong. I did try out my magsorc for the first 2 weeks but I’m on my magDK, magplar, and sometimes stamden/mag blade/bow stamsorc now. MagSorcs? Meh. Don’t have any trouble with them. I am just expressing an unpopular idea because it’s the truth that there are just that many more unskilled players like you two gentleman than there are skilled players. You know, that’s how we get 1vX videos. Cry all you want but I’m not going to just pretend the forum crap train is actually right just because more scrubs complain. Go try playing a sorc and tell me it’s OP lmao. Perhaps a sorc suits you guys better? Play sorcs and stop crying. You’ll see you get 1vXed anyways.

If ZoS listens to the dumber half of the forums then I’ll just hop onto whatever char I got that’s good. It is as simple as that. I defend magsorcs because while they were OP once they’re certainly not any more OP than the other strong now classes but get hated on only because of their history.
    Edited by chrightt on November 11, 2019 12:54AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*unintelligible sorc main noises*

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make a DOT in the assault tree that does increase damage based on the distance the target has traveled.

1) So you are asking for the ultimate zerg tool that can pair with many other simple abilities that work on any setup with little counterplay to them (entropy, soul trap, vamp drain)

2) did you ever think about how someone could use that against you in any other scenerio instead of you needing help zerging. For instance what happens when someone drops this dot on you, then sprints away/shades away/ gap closes away/streaks 5 times away.

If you believe dots are the future you want combat to revolve around I have little hope for this game. Skill based burst would be my choice but hey what do I know I'm just a stamsorc main. If you can't figure out how to survive burst that is your issue(L2P). However, when you keep dying to dots that isn't a L2P issue it is just simply you losing at character select because you didn't slot enough damage mit or heals or be balled up with people purging for you.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is refreshing! Nerf templar train has moved back to nerf sorc lol...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    Maybe make a DOT in the assault tree that does increase damage based on the distance the target has traveled.

1) So you are asking for the ultimate zerg tool that can pair with many other simple abilities that work on any setup with little counterplay to them (entropy, soul trap, vamp drain)

2) did you ever think about how someone could use that against you in any other scenerio instead of you needing help zerging. For instance what happens when someone drops this dot on you, then sprints away/shades away/ gap closes away/streaks 5 times away.

If you believe dots are the future you want combat to revolve around I have little hope for this game. Skill based burst would be my choice but hey what do I know I'm just a stamsorc main. If you can't figure out how to survive burst that is your issue(L2P). However, when you keep dying to dots that isn't a L2P issue it is just simply you losing at character select because you didn't slot enough damage mit or heals or be balled up with people purging for you.

Sure, give me some of that ''skill based burst'' and I will stop complaining. Though I agree more ranged dots is the last thing game needs.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 11, 2019 1:28AM
  • SoixanteNeuf
    SoixanteNeuf
    ✭✭✭
    Endless fury proc-ing only from the caster's dmg as a start would be neat. It won't directly affect anything else about a magsorc.

About Streak cost reduction: Magsorcs with a decent stam pool (especially high elves) can Roll dodge -> Streak/Ball Lightning too. I don't think they accounted for that when they balanced Streak cost around Roll dodge.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they nerfed all the DoTs little too much. They didn't need to nerf them by 50% to be honest.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc is only busted because of conversion, it shouldn't even heal in PVP IMO.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sum up all the posts above:
    - Streak OP, need nerf
    - Ward OP, need nerf
    - Curse OP, need nerf
    - Conversion OP, need nerf
    - Fury OP, need nerf
    I'll just add Nerf Frags in here, since we know it'll show up to sooner or later, so we've covered every single skill Sorc's use.
    I think Sorc should be allowed only to LA. No HAs since Sorc sustain is already broken OP.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah sure it's unintelligible but to be fair, rumbling about immortal sorcs in a tank meta is just as unintelligible and biased.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Yeah sure it's unintelligible but to be fair, rumbling about immortal sorcs in a tank meta is just as unintelligible and biased.

I mean, yeah you're right about the tank meta however from my observations , I believe the matriarch heal and bol is kinda overperforming and contribute to making magsorcs almost unkillable. Rest of their kit feels balanced. (again, if you just observe a fight that involves a well built sorcerer you can see this for yourself, if you disagree you can feel free to come to me with numbers and show me where I'm wrong though. I'm not a sorc player myself, I just share my observations.)

I wouldn't really call for specific nerfs to sorcs though, I believe pretty much every heal that was buffed to account for old dots needs to be tuned down back to what they used to be. Things like BRP resto/dw also need some limitation to their uptime.

To think steadfast hero was nerfed when those weapons remained the same makes me sad honestly.

As for OP he has a point with dot nerfs giving sorcs more freedom. When dots were strong sorcs had to cast their shields often limiting their sustain, now thats not the case though.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 11, 2019 10:42AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still waiting for my class change zos
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Im still waiting for my class change zos

I feel like class change should be a thing at this point.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every classs is nearly unkillable on this patch. Sorc is not op to another class.(on high mmr
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have footage that says no. Though my MagDk would ofcourse apreciate some dot buffs
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah darn, sorry to prove you guys wrong. I did try out my magsorc for the first 2 weeks but I’m on my magDK, magplar, and sometimes stamden/mag blade/bow stamsorc now. MagSorcs? Meh. Don’t have any trouble with them. I am just expressing an unpopular idea because it’s the truth that there are just that many more unskilled players like you two gentleman than there are skilled players. You know, that’s how we get 1vX videos. Cry all you want but I’m not going to just pretend the forum crap train is actually right just because more scrubs complain. Go try playing a sorc and tell me it’s OP lmao. Perhaps a sorc suits you guys better? Play sorcs and stop crying. You’ll see you get 1vXed anyways.

If ZoS listens to the dumber half of the forums then I’ll just hop onto whatever char I got that’s good. It is as simple as that. I defend magsorcs because while they were OP once they’re certainly not any more OP than the other strong now classes but get hated on only because of their history.

Ahhhhh again more pointless rambling other than l2p

FYI, I play all the mag toons, I don't like stam, so your point of "go play magsorc" is dumb because....well.... I do. I quit playing this patch, because as I stated my complaint is inconsistency in skill reworks, before I almost always solo, and I find it funny that you talk about "1vX" because every time an average player defends himself on the forum that's his go to.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on November 11, 2019 3:15PM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and people get those "1vX" videos because they record every second, they comb through like 50 hours of footage for like a 4 min highlight clip. Most the time killing like cp 400s. They are a joke most the time.