Maintenance for the week of February 24:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Website for maintenance – February 25, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

Necromancer backstories

xGhost91x
xGhost91x
Those of you who have made a necromancer character...what's your story?

My Dunmer magicka dps is a member of House Telvanni who seeks power at all costs.

My Imperial tank is an ex-Legion Zero heavy who seeks to use the necromancy he learned to combat the very beings that taught him.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a altmer necromantrix who may or may not be a distant relative of Mannimarco, and had to flee her homelands because of her hobby, to seek refugee with the pact and a secluded place to get into her research without the villagers always coming after her witrh torches and pitchforks...

I have a imperial wannabe knight who could only gain acceptance with an order of tomb guardians, learning necromancy en passant and still trying to be honorable and chivalric even if he is more likely to be seen as dour and intimidating...

I have an albino-ish argonian grave robber who often tries to scare away people by pretending to be a ghost, then robbing the freshly interred, sometimes animating them to cover of his dastardly deeds, but generally has a somewhat decentr heart beneath all the pretending to be eeeeevil shell...

And those are mine.
    "True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between Light and Dark..."
    Leskandera - Sneaky Dunmer Bounty Huntress
    Kelasendar - Shy Dunmer Goth Librarian
    Kes dre-Lana - Righteous Orsimer Amazon
    Alakserden Haughty Dunmer Pyromancer
    Leers-Kanda Chivalric Argonian Dragon-Fangirl
    Karel Danes Drunk Nord Mountain Man
    Elsa Dekran Imperial Deserter Piratess
    Akar-Sendel Brutal Orsimer Executioner
    Skelandera Evil Altmer Necromantrix

Andrea Selk Melancholic Breton Vampire Waif
    Al'Serkande Fat Redguard Ex-guard Bandit
    Dane Sarkel Fabulous Breton Hedge Knight
    Ales Endark Dour Imperial Grave Guardian

Deslankera Busty Altmer Priestess
    Selkendara Happy Bosmer Tree-hugger Girl
    Kera de'Saln Skittish Khajiit Clockwork Kitty
    Selan Dekar Stern Imperial Blood Mage Exile
    Kral Na-Dees Pale Argonian Tomb Raider
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Mines the recreation of this guy; https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Arondil
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Necromancy isn't illegal when its done to humans and beasts. I'd never desecrate a Dunmer that way!"

Strangely enough, the town guards don't listen to my necromancer's protests. He's a Dunmer, a former slaver for House Dres who traveled to Elsweyr in hopes of finding some Khajiit laborers who want to emigrate to Vvardenfell. He's not having much luck with that, and that was before the dragons showed up...
  • Hu-Rikan
    Hu-Rikan
    My Necromancer is an ancient Argonian Vampire of the Veeskhleel tribe (or the precursor to them) who also worships Hermaeus Mora (plus the Hist and Sithis). He was accidentally awakened from his tomb by members of the Cyrodilic Collections organization. After seeing the current condition of his people he decided to dedicate his efforts towards restoring his their dignity and glory, while positioning himself to become ruler of a new empire in which Saxleel are the dominant race.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My argonian necromancer was once a healer and a woman

Her husband was critically injured by a mysterious spell in action during the Three-Banner War

none of the magic she knew, nor any healer, would work. Things got desperate. She met with an Argonian who gave her forbidden knowledge of argonian necromancy practices.

She returned to her homeland with her husband. There she learned what she could about forbidden Argonian rituals from other tribes. Eventually she attempted to use a ritual with Hist sap that would exchange the life of her Egg to bring her husband back to life.
    Sithis punished her. Not only did she lose her husband and egg, but her form as well. She became a He and Sithis placed him as a Death Guardian. One that used their powers to maintain the balance between life and death. Taking care to guide the spirits, place grave stakes, and other needs of the Hist.

His name is Thithil - the argonian word for Egg.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine's an emissary of a cult that also worships Hermaeus Mora that seeks knowledge at all costs. Even if it means resurrecting the dead to get that knowledge. He has his own plans however, often straying from the cult to work on his own projects and tinkering with the dead/undead. Definitely fun at necro-parties.
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I use counters to cloak, why don't you?

#MOREORBS
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the maormer skin with a dunmer oracle eyes approach. Made him a tribal shaman looking sea elf. Taught necromancy by the sload. Would be a waste not to take use of all the dead the ocean provides.