The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Remove Cloak's ability to suppress DoTs

StaticWave
StaticWave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
NB is already a great class for dealing burst damage. However it is very unfair to have Cloak, one of the best escape ability in the game, suppress dots as well. It does not make sense that you can somehow render applied dots ineffective while you're being invisible. Many classes that rely on dots as the majority of their damage, such as magDK, stamDk, and magplar often have a lot of their damage shaved off because of how cloak works. Not only that, but cloaking at the right time can also make your attacks miss, which is again another unfair advantage. I think letting DoTs still damage a cloaking player without removing him from stealth will make NB more balanced in the long run.
Platform:
PC NA

Main:
Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn’t know how to maintain invisibility while taking damage (hence why all AoE will break cloak)

That’s why it currently supresses DoTs, before that it didn’t suppress DoTs and they would keep NBs from being able to become invisible entirely.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dk approves. But doesn't pvp so it doesnt worry me :*
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, stealth has been nerfed already. It cleansed dots before everyone got to whining about every dam thing in the game that didnt benefit them.

What class do you play and how can we nerf it?
    Edited by MajBludd on November 22, 2019 12:32AM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering it was a huge change to the skill removing the cleans and merely having the DoTs be suppressed the change suggested above is not needed. There are hard and soft counters to cloak that work great. Learn to use them.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, NBs are hanging in a state, where they do work fine albeit clunkily but a slight change can throw them off. The way I see, rather than nerfing Cloak, they should make the other morph appealing enough to give up Cloak. Also, Purge is way worse than Cloak against DoTs.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    No, stealth has been nerfed already. It cleansed dots before everyone got to whining about every dam thing in the game that didnt benefit them.

What class do you play and how can we nerf it?

How can you nerf a stamsorc when they got nothing to nerf?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Considering it was a huge change to the skill removing the cleans and merely having the DoTs be suppressed the change suggested above is not needed. There are hard and soft counters to cloak that work great. Learn to use them.

Cloak should not suppress dots period. I can do a roll dodge on my bow to gain major exp then cloak and stay clear of many soft counters for the skill.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Currently, NBs are hanging in a state, where they do work fine albeit clunkily but a slight change can throw them off. The way I see, rather than nerfing Cloak, they should make the other morph appealing enough to give up Cloak. Also, Purge is way worse than Cloak against DoTs.

Purge doesn't make your target disappear from sight and your attacks miss. It doesn't help them reset the fight at will either.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh this topic...again!

I do recall responding to a similar thread within the last few months. [snip]

I will refrain from doing that today. But tomorrow is a different day...

[edited for baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on November 22, 2019 3:09PM
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

Purge doesn't make your target disappear from sight and your attacks miss. It doesn't help them reset the fight at will either.

Cloak doesn't snare and damage you and doesn't heal user and doesn't give user allies synergy to clean themselves while restoring resources.. and healing those people too.

I don't play nightblade, but if nightblade is not very skilled glass cannon, they are mostly harmless in U24 if you have basic anti-cloak things. Another question that it is pretty hard to catch disengaging nightblade... but same can be said about sorc who just streaks somewhere behind LOS and you'll never catch him after that.

So if you want to nerf cloak, you need to nerf ton of other things too and we'll come to same vicious circle we saw at BRP discussion.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @StaticWave apparently, there is always something to nerf.
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see dark cloak (heal cloak) get some buffs so more people would be incentivized to use it.
    Options
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better remove sneak from game.
    I am tyred of getting ganked by ep smallscales,when i come to the farm and meet 20 templars and 15 dks sitting in sneak at flag and smashing R key to kill me
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, but it should have some cool downs applied to it.
    Options
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2P
    Options
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I hear it again? Nerf sorc?
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »
    Better remove sneak from game.
    I am tyred of getting ganked by ep smallscales,when i come to the farm and meet 20 templars and 15 dks sitting in sneak at flag and smashing R key to kill me

A-ha-ha, that is one guild, they are really "innovative". For example one time I came to help take keep and there were like 7-8 people near main gate and just nominal resistance of several EPs. So we entered yard and another round of PvDoor started and then much more reds appeared on walls and some reds repaired main door behind us. All keep was full of red shields, we were sniped like ducks with nowhere to run or to kite, like "Red wedding" in GoT... It was amazing :D

And then in same day in the night, I went to take resource solo near my keep... and as you described like 30 persons emerged from stealth all around me :D

So probably a little bit r****ed guild, but they are at least doing something unusual.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't need to nerf cloak but fix magelight and evil hunter. Right now neither of those skills work better than detect pot, a ground DoT, directed AoE, or even poison for stopping and preventing cloak. It's been a long time since both of those two skills have not worked against cloak properly, and that's why neither skill is ever on my bar.
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf hurricane.... its not really fair to other classes that their Aoe is static on the ground & hurricane moves with the sorc.

Im being sarcastic of course for the purposes of parody.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    They don't need to nerf cloak but fix magelight and evil hunter. Right now neither of those skills work better than detect pot, a ground DoT, directed AoE, or even poison for stopping and preventing cloak. It's been a long time since both of those two skills have not worked against cloak properly, and that's why neither skill is ever on my bar.

Radiant Magelight works quite good in detecting. Inner Light should have a weak radius because of the offensive passive it provides.

I don't have experience with Evil Hunter so I can't comment on that.

I'd personally like to see detection skills and potions display the radius the NB needs to avoid. Then they can balance radii appropriately.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 22, 2019 3:37AM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Cloak should not suppress dots period. I can do a roll dodge on my bow to gain major exp then cloak and stay clear of many soft counters for the skill.

It is clear that is your opinion.

Heck, one can use shadow image and teleport away and be clear of man counters. Both cases are a player using their noggin vs relying on a single skill which does not support your opinion or mine.

Cloak should not persist through damage. No stealth should. So if DoTs were to continue ticking it would render the skill unusable. That is the reason DoTs should be suppressed and it directly addresses the skill itself.
    Options
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. i never got why it countered DoTs. And if it renders DoTs harmless, why not HoTs as well?
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    Options
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    L2P
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KageNin wrote: »
    L2P

1v1?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cloak should get the same treatment as lightning form. why can you spam it repeatedly without any repercussions?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cloak should get the same treatment as lightning form. why can you spam it repeatedly without any repercussions?

This does not make sense. There are no repercussion for using lightning form or either of it's morphs so that it's effects never ends.

Also, Cloak can only be spammed as long as someone permits it. The counter work well when used properly. However like anything else in the game player skill and a little luck sometimes makes a huge difference.

My favorite targets are NBs when I am both on my mSorc and mNB. I often laugh when they try to cloak.
    Options
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is already a great class for dealing burst damage. However it is very unfair to have Cloak, one of the best escape ability in the game, suppress dots as well. It does not make sense that you can somehow render applied dots ineffective while you're being invisible. Many classes that rely on dots as the majority of their damage, such as magDK, stamDk, and magplar often have a lot of their damage shaved off because of how cloak works. Not only that, but cloaking at the right time can also make your attacks miss, which is again another unfair advantage. I think letting DoTs still damage a cloaking player without removing him from stealth will make NB more balanced in the long run.

Ill tell you exactly what will happen to dueling, you will force nightblades into heavy armor and every nightblade will run it to survive, not to mention you cant cast skill without breaking invis. Then you will come on the forums and complain about a heavy armor which by the way you will bring on yourself by suggesting this:) This game doesnt revolve around not being able to kill someone in a duel because they can go invisible not to mention if you break it like a good player because its not that hard since expert hunter is really strong this patch for stamina, the nightblade who used it just wasted 4k magicka and doesnt get that back:) I have no problem killing nightblades when I played with invis or not:)
    Edited by Zelos on November 22, 2019 6:13AM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
    Options
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    rock, paper, scissors, nightblade, dragon night, sorc, templar, warden, necromancer everyone wants to be rock and demand all others play as scissors.
    Edited by Salix_alba on November 22, 2019 6:46AM
    Options
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we should get some more counters to cloak. The current counters are not really efficent or put you in a disadvantage as soon as you fight other.

I Play a lot of stamwarden and its just super frustrating building up your burst, getting the Nightblade to 5% HP with dizzy, sub and DB and before you can execute.... Cloak... Gone. DB dot is surpressed, cant see him, cant Hit him and also dont have and aoe spammable to reveal him. After 4 seconds the Nightblade comes out of stealth full health with full burst.... Meeeeh. Boring and frustrating.

I also play Nightblade but without cloak, i use the other morph in heavy armor with sword and Board. So i also use Mark for major fracture. Even tho mark is a really good counter those 3 seconds are really really short to do anything. 1 second already gets eaten by GCD and barswap. Then i can Land maybe one surprise Attack and my ult until Nightblade is able to cloak again... Also scatter Shot knockback, dodgeroll on bow bar, cloak SEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... Eh, for now i just dont chase anymore. No Point but the Nightblade can just sneak on you again with fully loaded heavy attack into surprise Attack into ult and execute... Meeeeeeh
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In that case It's unfair to have damage shields that coverup / increase your max health temporarily so you can heal your actual health underneath them while they suppress damage and dots being done to you. It's also unfair to have any kind of hots, the game should only have burst healing. And don't even get me started on *** like bolt escape.

I mean SERIOUSLY??? Okay, remove the dot suppression but give us another defensive option or a burst heal. Idc.
    Edited by Nyladreas on November 22, 2019 7:36AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.