The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove Cloak's ability to suppress DoTs

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    cloak should get the same treatment as lightning form. why can you spam it repeatedly without any repercussions?

Dude you don't even know your own skills. This explains why you want to nerf cloak :) You literally have skill that pulls NBs out of cloak every second whenever they are close to you and you still complain?

This is now officially nerf sorc thread! Nerf lightning splash and furry, only Thor can send thunders on his enemies!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your agenda against nightblades is getting really old, why don’t you pop a detect potion or use an AOE or expect hunter / magelight like every half decent player does in the game to pull nightblades out of Cloak and stop making these dumb threads.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes, one of these "I don't like it so nobody should have it"-posts together with the "I am totally in the know of balance"-attitude.

Nice! I give it a 5/10
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for completely deleting the #1 crutch skill from each class from the game: Cloak, Wings, Bolt Escape etc..

• Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Your agenda against nightblades is getting really old, why don’t you pop a detect potion or use an AOE or expect hunter / magelight like every half decent player does in the game to pull nightblades out of Cloak and stop making these dumb threads.

Let me just check your named counter... When you pop a detect potion you will lose a lot of important buffs and no one garantues that your potion isnt on cooldown when you need it. While cloak can be used without cooldown.

Not every class and build has access to aoe spammables. Stamina Warden has sub but with 3 seconds delay. Stamina necro needs to target the Nightblade to cast its aoe and blastbones can also be countered by cloak.

Expert hunter eats a whole skill slot for a buff that stamwarden gets from other, way superior skills (Green Lotus and bird of prey) and stamnecro is using crit potions and has its bar stuffed with more important skills.

Magelight gets used, yes but its hardly working. I even saw Nightblades cloaking right in front of me while magelight was active. And given the awful Performance in cyro the server often fails to recognize that the Nightblade was still in reveal range of the cast....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    At least we should get some more counters to cloak. The current counters are not really efficent or put you in a disadvantage as soon as you fight other.

I Play a lot of stamwarden and its just super frustrating building up your burst, getting the Nightblade to 5% HP with dizzy, sub and DB and before you can execute.... Cloak... Gone. DB dot is surpressed, cant see him, cant Hit him and also dont have and aoe spammable to reveal him. After 4 seconds the Nightblade comes out of stealth full health with full burst.... Meeeeh. Boring and frustrating.

I also play Nightblade but without cloak, i use the other morph in heavy armor with sword and Board. So i also use Mark for major fracture. Even tho mark is a really good counter those 3 seconds are really really short to do anything. 1 second already gets eaten by GCD and barswap. Then i can Land maybe one surprise Attack and my ult until Nightblade is able to cloak again... Also scatter Shot knockback, dodgeroll on bow bar, cloak SEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... Eh, for now i just dont chase anymore. No Point but the Nightblade can just sneak on you again with fully loaded heavy attack into surprise Attack into ult and execute... Meeeeeeh

It sounds more like you may not be using the counters properly or not at all.

Granted, I do come across skilled players that use more than just cloak to get away or even to be on equal footing with all players due to skill level. That is a player using both multiple skills and player skill. I would not expect to be 100% effective all the time. That is rather unreasonable.

Rarely do I come across a NB that only uses close to get away and succeeds when I use a counter to cloak on them.
    Edited by idk on November 22, 2019 7:38AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Let me just check your named counter... When you pop a detect potion you will lose a lot of important buffs and no one garantues that your potion isnt on cooldown when you need it. While cloak can be used without cooldown.

Not every class and build has access to aoe spammables. Stamina Warden has sub but with 3 seconds delay. Stamina necro needs to target the Nightblade to cast its aoe and blastbones can also be countered by cloak.

Expert hunter eats a whole skill slot for a buff that stamwarden gets from other, way superior skills (Green Lotus and bird of prey) and stamnecro is using crit potions and has its bar stuffed with more important skills.

Magelight gets used, yes but its hardly working. I even saw Nightblades cloaking right in front of me while magelight was active. And given the awful Performance in cyro the server often fails to recognize that the Nightblade was still in reveal range of the cast....

I somehow don't believe your arguments very well. Except class skills you also have access to many various independent skills, and as afar as magelight and hunter skills go, they work extremelly well.
    Are you sure you are using these skills correctly? The work flawlessly for me, you just have to learn how to work with them.
    Are you sure the nightblades you are fighting also aren't using Shadow Image? Cause you could then be spamming AoEs forever.
    Are you sure you even know how to predict a skilled nightblade's movement and ambush?

Also, you get some really good buffs from both Hunter and Magelight, you just have to learn how to build around them and there are some very nice ways to do so and even ways to synergise them with the build. Are you honestly considering all options?

Like... dude.... i have so many questions. It's really NOT difficult. It honestly feels like you only have a personal problem with Nightblades and refuse to learn how to defend yourself. Cloak isn't even half as strong as you keep making it up to be. I have one of each class and the only one that I'm having troubles countering nightblades on is my own nightblade because I'm running an insane glass canon build with pure single target damage. Even then if i slotted hunter i would be able to counter them just fine.
    Edited by Nyladreas on November 22, 2019 7:54AM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm all for completely deleting the #1 crutch skill from each class from the game: Cloak, Wings, Bolt Escape etc..

Uh...what???
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What annoys me most is that NB can cloak in ground AoE. And if the tick of the ground AoE is 1 second and they cloak just after they got damage, they are invisible for 1 second even that they are in the AoE. If they manage to leave the AoE for that time they will be in cloak until you reveal them or duration expires.
    Because I can!
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    At least we should get some more counters to cloak. The current counters are not really efficent or put you in a disadvantage as soon as you fight other.

I Play a lot of stamwarden and its just super frustrating building up your burst, getting the Nightblade to 5% HP with dizzy, sub and DB and before you can execute.... Cloak... Gone. DB dot is surpressed, cant see him, cant Hit him and also dont have and aoe spammable to reveal him. After 4 seconds the Nightblade comes out of stealth full health with full burst.... Meeeeh. Boring and frustrating.

I also play Nightblade but without cloak, i use the other morph in heavy armor with sword and Board. So i also use Mark for major fracture. Even tho mark is a really good counter those 3 seconds are really really short to do anything. 1 second already gets eaten by GCD and barswap. Then i can Land maybe one surprise Attack and my ult until Nightblade is able to cloak again... Also scatter Shot knockback, dodgeroll on bow bar, cloak SEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... Eh, for now i just dont chase anymore. No Point but the Nightblade can just sneak on you again with fully loaded heavy attack into surprise Attack into ult and execute... Meeeeeeh

Granted, I do come across skilled players that use more than just cloak to get away or even to be on equal footing with all players due to skill level. That is a player using both multiple skills and player skill. I would not expect to be 100% effective all the time. That is rather unreasonable.

Rarely do I come across a NB that only uses close to get away and succeeds when I use a counter to cloak on them.

Why should i use expert hunter when my class offers way better skills than this skills? Only to counter cloak? Evil hunter is okayisch to counter cloak but is less effective in every other fight. While cloak is always efficent. Thats not balance you know.

It just doesnt feel fair that cloak has literally no drawback and is so strong and overloaded.

- surpresses dots
    - invisibility
    - garantued crit for next attack (also rally heal...)
    - Regen in cloak
    - free movement in cloak
    - procs major ward passivly
    - healing in stealth

Now comparing it with streak as an escape tool, you get a Penalty for spamming it. Cloak doesnt.

Or mist form wich can also be compared to in some ways to cloak..mist form cancels all heals and stops your magicka regen as drawbacks.... Cloak still doesnt have any....
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pff... It's just like saying I'd like to be able to counter streaking away sorc but I don't want to use gap closers because I can't find space for it on my bars or I can't invest into speed because I l'd lose a lot of important buffs...

And about counters to cloak being weak. You would like to be able to disable cloak 100% of a time leaving NB no counter to your counter. If you think that counters to cloak should be "I win button" because you can permanently disable NBs main defense then I want same skills or potions to completely disable shields, bolt escape, heals, block etc. etc. Each of those defensive mechanics have counters that are not 100% effective, same with cloak.

YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO USE THOSE COUNTERS. PERIOD.

I kill NBs on regular basis and can tell you one thing. There is nothing easier to kill than cloaking magblade when you have detection potion up. Stamblades are harder because they can roll through this, but it's just a matter of experience, you need to know when to use counter.

You were saying that you go full combo with DBoS and NBs fades into cloak when in execute range... If you would use counter to cloak like expert hunter, mage light or detection potion before using DBoS NB not only wouldn't be able to disappear, but he would also waste GCD and magicka on trying to get into cloak at the first time, giving you option to use execute.

That's just L2P issue, you need to learn to predict your enemy moves and be one step ahead of them. That's all. You have needed tools, you just need to learn how to use them.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

I somehow don't believe your arguments very well. Except class skills you also have access to many various independent skills, and as afar as magelight and hunter skills go, they work extremelly well.
    Are you sure you are using these skills correctly? The work flawlessly for me, you just have to learn how to work with them.
    Are you sure the nightblades you are fighting also aren't using Shadow Image? Cause you could then be spamming AoEs forever.
    Are you sure you even know how to predict a skilled nightblade's movement and ambush?

Also, you get some really good buffs from both Hunter and Magelight, you just have to learn how to build around them and there are some very nice ways to do so and even ways to synergise them with the build. Are you honestly considering all options?

Like... dude.... i have so many questions. It's really NOT difficult. It honestly feels like you only have a personal problem with Nightblades and refuse to learn how to defend yourself. Cloak isn't even half as strong as you keep making it up to be. I have one of each class and the only one that I'm having troubles countering nightblades on is my own nightblade because I'm running an insane glass canon build with pure single target damage. Even then if i slotted hunter i would be able to counter them just fine.

I wouldnt call myself the best player on PC EU but i know i am not Bad at this game.

Evil hunter makes no sense in most stamwarden builds. We have green lotus wich provides major savagery on both bars and healing on light and heavy attacks, wich also proc a lot of passives from the skill line (major mending and stam/mag return). And Minor berserk we get from bird of prey with a 100% uptime on the bar it is slottet + additional damage increase with warden passive and speed at will. This combined is superior to evil hunter.

And ye, cloak and Shadowimage combined make a really strong combo without any drawbacks again :P
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StaticWave
    I got triggered by your nerf post because I main a nighblade for 5 years (I do not pvp almost at all except during events)... From my experience magblade is one of the most nerfed classes, so I hate when I see people asking to nerf it more.

Cloak is not the issue, it is your (apparent) lack of basic experience in how to counter it. Trust me, you get little benefits from cloak... that's why many magblades do not even slot it. Yeah it helps in some situations, but it does not give you any important advantage in pvp combat (as you think). I played pvp and trust me, nb is weak compared to other classes. Yes, it can be very strong if you are a top player... but those people are 1-5% of the base, so if you meet such a player you will be owned regardless the class. An average magblade is weak, they do not need any more nerfs. You are asking to nerf the most iconic ability of a nightblade, the ability to vanish, despite the easy counters available.
    cloak should get the same treatment as lightning form. why can you spam it repeatedly without any repercussions?

Because you can counter cloak very easy with potions or spells which you probably don't use

However you can't cancel sorc teleport or lightning form with similar tools

Edited by kind_hero on November 22, 2019 8:23AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Artorias24 what toons you play on PC EU? Maybe I know you? And read my post above.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Pff... It's just like saying I'd like to be able to counter streaking away sorc but I don't want to use gap closers because I can't find space for it on my bars or I can't invest into speed because I l'd lose a lot of important buffs...

And about counters to cloak being weak. You would like to be able to disable cloak 100% of a time leaving NB no counter to your counter. If you think that counters to cloak should be "I win button" because you can permanently disable NBs main defense then I want same skills or potions to completely disable shields, bolt escape, heals, block etc. etc. Each of those defensive mechanics have counters that are not 100% effective, same with cloak.

I kill NBs on regular basis and can tell you one thing. There is nothing easier to kill than cloaking magblade when you have detection potion up. Stamblades are harder because they can roll through this, but it's just a matter of experience, you need to know when to use counter.

You were saying that you go full combo with DBoS and NBs fades into cloak when in execute range... If you would use counter to cloak like expert hunter, mage light or detection potion before using DBoS NB not only wouldn't be able to disappear, but he would also waste GCD and magicka on trying to get into cloak at the first time, giving you option to use execute.

That's just L2P issue, you need to learn to predict your enemy moves and be one step ahead of them. That's all. You have needed tools, you just need to learn how to use them.

I already Said that expert hunter doesnt make any sense on a stamina warden cause there are better skills. Cloak itself just offers too much without drawbacks...
    @Artorias24 what toons you play on PC EU? Maybe I know you? And read my post above.

I dont know If you know me but i saw you several times im cyro. I play with papachico, reggii and co.

And i play literally every class. From stamden to magblade (with dark cloak)
    Edited by Artorias24 on November 22, 2019 8:19AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already Said that expert hunter doesnt make any sense on a stamina warden cause there are better skills. Cloak itself just offers too much without drawbacks...

I could say same the same about any decent skill BoL/Streak, RAT, Betty/Bull netch, Ritual etc. etc. You still claim that you won't use counters to cloak because these are waste of slot/cool down while every single one good PvPer uses them. You really don't see anything wrong here? And what are nicks of your toons? I have good memory when it goes to good players I've met, maybe we have fought eachother?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont know If you know me but i saw you several times im cyro. I play with papachico, reggii and co.

And i play literally every class. From stamden to magblade (with dark cloak)

I know Papchicco, we fought few times and it always ended in draws, CP campaign is to tanky ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cry about THIS ?

...when DK's, Templars, Wardens and Necromancers have a plethora of skills that make even average players so tanky that it is not possible to defeat them unless there are 10+ attacking simultaneously.

just lol lol lol lol lol
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could say same the same about any decent skill BoL/Streak, RAT, Betty/Bull netch, Ritual etc. etc. You still claim that you won't use counters to cloak because these are waste of slot/cool down while every single one good PvPer uses them. You really don't see anything wrong here? And what are nicks of your toons? I have good memory when it goes to good players I've met, maybe we have fought eachother?

I actually dont know any good stamina warden who would pick evil hunter over green lotus. Only Advantage evil hunter gives is the reveal of nightblades while you loose so much other important stuff...

For example my stamina Warden is Named Vordt and my Account name is Gnozo.

Most Nightblade are indeed killable for me cause i can handle it. But experienced ones that know how to cloak and Shadowimage are really really hard to kill. I am not talking about magblades, i am talking about stamblades
    Edited by Artorias24 on November 22, 2019 8:35AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should i use expert hunter when my class offers way better skills than this skills? Only to counter cloak? Evil hunter is okayisch to counter cloak but is less effective in every other fight. While cloak is always efficent. Thats not balance you know.

It just doesnt feel fair that cloak has literally no drawback and is so strong and overloaded.

- surpresses dots
    - invisibility
    - garantued crit for next attack (also rally heal...)
    - Regen in cloak
    - free movement in cloak
    - procs major ward passivly
    - healing in stealth

Now comparing it with streak as an escape tool, you get a Penalty for spamming it. Cloak doesnt.

Or mist form wich can also be compared to in some ways to cloak..mist form cancels all heals and stops your magicka regen as drawbacks.... Cloak still doesnt have any....

Where in what you quoted, or any post I made in this thread, did I say someone has to use expert hunter. I did not so asking me why you should use expert hunter is creating a false narrative.

There are a number of both hard and soft counters and I would never suggest someone use a specific counter. I had to play around with a few before I found what works best for me most of the time. Ofc if one counter is not working well for you I would suggest working with others to see if you can find a better fit.

It is also a false statement that there are no drawbacks to cloak. Cloak is only as strong as you permit it to be. I enjoy when I pawn someone using cloak because I made the skill useless. A useless skill is a very weak and underloaded skill but you can disagree all you want with that.

Also, streak is hardly a comparison. It is a very different skill that works very differently. I spend a lot of time on my sorc and I pretty much laugh when I am escaping players by using streak. I can go a pretty great distance before I cannot use streak anymore. Granted, most of those player left easting my dust are probably not very skilled but that is not an excuse.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 should i say more ? Ok i will 😆 😆 😆 😆 nb is by far the easy class to kill if player aint in the top 2% of the skill cap for the class and cloak is so easy to draw them out of that ifs funny. Oh wait you DONT want to use any of the skills that dose it you just want ZOS to remove the skill you cant find the skill to remove YOURSELF 😆 😆 😆 😆 i hardly say this as its not nice but LEARN TO PLAY !!!!!!!!! Lots of others have gave you the TOOLS to do so its your choice to use them or not
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    No, stealth has been nerfed already. It cleansed dots before everyone got to whining about every dam thing in the game that didnt benefit them.

What class do you play and how can we nerf it?

How can you nerf a stamsorc when they got nothing to nerf?

How can you play a stamsorc and complain about cloak? You have 2 class skills that are amongst the best cloak counters out there. Wtf man.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 should i say more ? Ok i will 😆 😆 😆 😆 nb is by far the easy class to kill if player aint in the top 2% of the skill cap for the class and cloak is so easy to draw them out of that ifs funny. Oh wait you DONT want to use any of the skills that dose it you just want ZOS to remove the skill you cant find the skill to remove YOURSELF 😆 😆 😆 😆 i hardly say this as its not nice but LEARN TO PLAY !!!!!!!!! Lots of others have gave you the TOOLS to do so its your choice to use them or not

No one is asking to remove it. We are asking for adjustments cause cloak is quite overloaded with benefits and ni drawbacks
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one is asking to remove it. We are asking for adjustments cause cloak is quite overloaded with benefits and ni drawbacks

I can understand the frustration as I dealt with that before I learned to use the counters to cloak effectively. Get that down and you will no longer think cloak is overloaded.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭

Uh...what???

Hehe, when you look back at the nerf Wings threads, they all said how DK's crutch on Wings - so they nerfed it. Mind as well delete it whole now!
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your asking to just cut the class out the game all together is what your asking for when you should learn to use skills 100's of other GOOD players have they even hand feeded you them so you dont even got to look them up just try them use the one that fits best and kill nb's like everyone else 😆 😆 😆
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its sole benefit is defense. No one has ever killed you with cloak. The drawback is high magicka cost, especially for stamblade.
    If you do catch one, they usually die in two hits. That's the risk/reward of playing nightblade.

Stop asking for nerfs...and I mean in general.
    The poster who said "everyone wants to be the rock and force everyone else to be the scissors" is the most accurate thing I've read yet to describe you nerf advocates.

Learn
    To
    Play

If you can't slot a potion when needed for this case, not only are you lazy, but you deserve to be farmed for AP....
    Edited by Kel on November 22, 2019 9:18AM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand the frustration as I dealt with that before I learned to use the counters to cloak effectively. Get that down and you will no longer think cloak is overloaded.

I can deal with most of the cloakers but experienced stamina Nightblades can make to much use out of cloak. Esspecially those snipers, spamming 8k hits on you from 25+ meters away and as soon as you turn to them. Cloak and gone.... Ofc pug snipers are easy to kill but every half average sniper is gone before you reach his original position and already channeling with next snipe from 25+ meters away.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your asking to just cut the class out the game all together is what your asking for when you should learn to use skills 100's of other GOOD players have they even hand feeded you them so you dont even got to look them up just try them use the one that fits best and kill nb's like everyone else 😆 😆 😆

Oh man, i tried to read this but its giving me a headache trying to figure out what you want to say exactly. I want Nightblades in this game, i also play Nightblade. Maybe not a cloaking one but i still like this class. Also i am not asking to delete cloak. Just some adjustments. For example when cloak surpresses dots it should also prevent healing like mist form... Things like this.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can deal with most of the cloakers but experienced stamina Nightblades can make to much use out of cloak. Esspecially those snipers, spamming 8k hits on you from 25+ meters away and as soon as you turn to them. Cloak and gone.... Ofc pug snipers are easy to kill but every half average sniper is gone before you reach his original position and already channeling with next snipe from 25+ meters away.

If you consider snipe spammers experienced nightblades, I'm sorry to tell you, but you really should stop writing.
This discussion has been closed.