Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn New Rewards & Glory during the Undaunted Celebration"

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker Just to confirm, there is no "Jackpot" to be found during this years dungeon event? If i recall right, last year one person got all houses/mounts in one of their boxes :open_mouth:

Was there not the occasional crown pet and some things of that nature too last time?

Khajiit recalls getting a dog she didn't really want …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Did you re-home the dog or do Khajit's eat them as a tasty after dinner snack?

Khajiit bought an apartment and all of the various unwanted dog pets sit there and play dice together.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen a picture of that somewhere........

This one lets his dogs play with his Senche mounts.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is rather concerning, truth be told, if the droprate of the opal pages will be the same as for the normal ones. With the short time frame and the amount of collectibles we can get from this (which all seem to show up in the collections even when not earned), I get the impression this is meant to try to pressure players into spending Crowns on event tickets to collect them all.
    Edited by BlissfulDeluge on November 13, 2019 6:32PM
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The event, is, technically 5 days - the first and last days aren't full days, however:

November 14: 10am EST - 11pm EST

November 15: 11pm EST - 11pm EST

November 16: 11pm EST - 11pm EST

November 17: 11pm EST - 11pm EST

November 18: 11pm EST - 10am EST

So one can, in theory, get 15 event tickets and 5 hefty reward boxes with a guaranteed opal page drop. Also, the article states that the regular boxes will also have a small chance of dropping an opal page. These should all be tradable.

I for one, don't care about these pages, so I'll be selling any I get.

It all depends on how you define the concept day. You define it as 5 turnovers hence the ability to get 5 x tickets/major box. But as not everyone will have the opportunity to play on the two half days, because apart from everything else timezones are a thing, it is a more indigenous definition to define day as a 24 hour period, most people will have the chance to play once in a 24 hour period. The event runs for 4 x 24 hours, hence 4 day event.
    I mean you're wrong technically, but you're throwing a hell of a lot of players under the bus with your definiton.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event, is, technically 5 days - the first and last days aren't full days, however:

So one can, in theory, get 15 event tickets and 5 hefty reward boxes with a guaranteed opal page drop. Also, the article states that the regular boxes will also have a small chance of dropping an opal page. These should all be tradable.

If I’m not mistaken, the dailies reset at 1 am EDT not 11 pm. Which means to get the last day you will have to run a dungeon between 1 am EDT and 10 am EDT on the last day to get the ticket and that’s if they don’t shut down the servers at 4 or 6 am for maintenance.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on November 13, 2019 6:49PM
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to disagree, but i have never had issue getting the extra day in. I either stay up a little late or get up a little early. I am pst but eastern has the early option no issue.

Europeans i cant speak for, but considering the window for the 5th day is 9 hours long unless you work more than half an hour away from your house and your shift lines up perfectly you'd still get a chance (In theory).

I get people have IRL and that the last window may not work, but a majority of users can likely squeeze it in. At least i hope they can for their sake.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to disagree, but i have never had issue getting the extra day in. I either stay up a little late or get up a little early. I am pst but eastern has the early option no issue.

Europeans i cant speak for, but considering the window for the 5th day is 9 hours long unless you work more than half an hour away from your house and your shift lines up perfectly you'd still get a chance (In theory).

I get people have IRL and that the last window may not work, but a majority of users can likely squeeze it in. At least i hope they can for their sake.

Not to disagree as well, but as you said Eastern has the early option. Which means, if players have to work on Monday morning (hardest day of the work week imho) these players have to either stay up past 1 am for the daily reset or get up extra early to run a fast dungeon on Monday prior to work, such as FG to get their tickets and that’s still pending on if servers go down for maintenance at 4 or 6 am. I wish the event would run longer as for a lot of players will only be able to get their tickets and weapon style pages for four days.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on November 13, 2019 7:07PM
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree it should;d be longer, but i mean go to bed 30 minutes early. Again, not always doable.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It all depends on how you define the concept day. You define it as 5 turnovers hence the ability to get 5 x tickets/major box. But as not everyone will have the opportunity to play on the two half days, because apart from everything else timezones are a thing, it is a more indigenous definition to define day as a 24 hour period, most people will have the chance to play once in a 24 hour period. The event runs for 4 x 24 hours, hence 4 day event.
    I mean you're wrong technically, but you're throwing a hell of a lot of players under the bus with your definiton.

LOL...not sure how I'm throwing anyone under a bus by outlining what constitutes an event day in terms of earning rewards. I was only outlining what is possible. I said "in theory" and "technically." Obviously, depending on one's time zone (which I know is a thing since I included the time zone in my daily outline), they might not be able to obtain all 15 tickets or 5 hefty boxes. And I guess I should have put days in quotes, so you'd know I wasn't actually talking about 24-hour periods - although I did say that they "aren't full days."

I was only trying to offer some information so that players would be aware that they might be able to get more than 12 tickets or 4 hefty boxes. There was someone in another thread who didn't seem to be aware of that fact when it came to earning event tickets. It's definitely possible to get 15 tickets and 5 hefty boxes based on the daily reset timer, though, of course, not everyone can based on their time zone.

ETA: And my point was not to say that I don't think the event should be longer - I think it's pretty short and should be at least a week. My point, again, was to let players who might otherwise not know, that there is opportunity for an additional 3 event tickets and hefty box.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 13, 2019 8:48PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If I’m not mistaken, the dailies reset at 1 am EDT not 11 pm. Which means to get the last day you will have to run a dungeon between 1 am EDT and 10 am EDT on the last day to get the ticket and that’s if they don’t shut down the servers at 4 or 6 am for maintenance.

Right, sorry - was trying to include EST, as that's what ZOS uses, but I calculated the wrong way from CST, which is my time zone. For me, daily reset is 12am CST/1am CDT, so daily reset for Eastern Time is 1am EST/2am EDT.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 13, 2019 8:50PM
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once per day per account for a 4 day event is spastic, no wonder they left it to the very last possible minute before making any announcements.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now everyone listen up for my Public Service Announcement:

If you are newer and this is your first round, pay attention. Many players will queue for random normal dungeon and then port into Fungal Grotto once the group is formed. Let me tell you this, if they get to that Fungal Grotto boss before you get to your current dungeon boss and are able to kill it, then you get screwed out of your event reward.

You have two options: Port to them and keep up or boot them.

It sucks, but that's how it is.

You are welcome.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

If you are newer and this is your first round, pay attention. Many players will queue for random normal dungeon and then port into Fungal Grotto once the group is formed. Let me tell you this, if they get to that Fungal Grotto boss before you get to your current dungeon boss and are able to kill it, then you get screwed out of your event reward.

You are welcome.

Hopefully people don’t do this anymore, do they? I mean, they won’t get the random dungeon credit so it makes no sense not to queue for Fungal Grotto in the first place if that’s what they want to do.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Note that you must own the normal versions (also available from the same vendors) of the Shoulders first before you can acquire the Opal ones.

Why? What is the reasoning behind this?

Sooo, if I’ve used my keys only for actual gear and never bought style pages either from the pledge givers nor the Crown store, does that mean I won’t get any of these as drops? Or will I get style pages that I cannot use but can sell/trade?

EDIT: Reading over the blog post it sounds like you only can’t buy the opal versions unless you’ve already acquired the basic motifs but you could still get them as drops... Or is it just the shoulder opal motifs? I am confused.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 13, 2019 10:43PM
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

You are welcome.

Hopefully people don’t do this anymore, do they? I mean, they won’t get the random dungeon credit so it makes no sense not to queue for Fungal Grotto in the first place if that’s what they want to do.

I think we'll still see it. Here's what they might be thinking:

I'll queue for a random normal and kill two birds with one stone. And then they land in a DLC dungeon..."Screw this. This group will take forever to run though this, but I don't want that 15 minute cool down for leaving either. I'm going to Fungal...and I brought a friend so they can't boot me."

I've seen this so many times over the years. I just don't see why it would be different this year. It's true they won't get the random normal credit, but they will still get their event box and they will get it in about 10 minutes. They will also avoid another 45+ minute queue because they are DPS. So let's say they brought their healer friend with them so you are the other DPS and then there's a tank. Only the DPS will really take it on the chin because they had the long queue too. All you can do is catch up and do it their way. Otherwise you get screwed out of everything. No random dungeon credit, no loot box, requeue.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

You are welcome.

I think we'll still see it. Here's what they might be thinking:

I'll queue for a random normal and kill two birds with one stone. And then they land in a DLC dungeon..."Screw this. This group will take forever to run though this, but I don't want that 15 minute cool down for leaving either. I'm going to Fungal...and I brought a friend so they can't boot me."

I've seen this so many times over the years. I just don't see why it would be different this year. It's true they won't get the random normal credit, but they will still get their event box and they will get it in about 10 minutes. They will also avoid another 45+ minute queue because they are DPS. So let's say they brought their healer friend with them so you are the other DPS and then there's a tank. Only the DPS will really take it on the chin because they had the long queue too. All you can do is catch up and do it their way. Otherwise you get screwed out of everything. No random dungeon credit, no loot box, requeue.

You can't queue for random and jump to FG anymore
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event was very short last year too, but that was a good because you got one special box per character on the first random daily dungeon (so everyone who could ran every character they had to get maximum special boxes). It was burnout inducing. However, this year it looks like there isn't anything special outside of the Hefty once per day per account box so I think I am going to be taking it easy with just one dungeon a day. (I have no interest in the monster helm/shoulder styles and guildmates are going to get the opal weapon ones cause they aren't my style either). Previously with costumes, mounts, pets, and houses they covered a pretty large range of interests!

I hope we see the collectibles that were previously available in the Undaunted event boxes placed somewhere else so we can obtain/collect them still!
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk how the US works in regards to jobs but in most European countries commute between home and work is 1h+ each way. I live less than 45 minutes from my job and I have an unusually low commute time. Further the event ends at 3pm British time, 4pm for me, so early morning would be only chance for Europeans to get the extra tickets. Turnover for the tickets is at 6am British time, 7am for me, a time where most Europeans will have long since had to leave home if they're to get to their job on time.
    So no, for most over here that so called extra day isn't an extra day at all. But hey man, it's clear that ZOS is not the only one who doesn't give a flying *** about Europe on here and can't be arsed with basic math.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no, for most over here that so called extra day isn't an extra day at all. But hey man, it's clear that ZOS is not the only one who doesn't give a flying *** about Europe on here and can't be arsed with basic math.

Don't fret; they're screwing over those of us who aren't European and just happen to go to work early in the morning too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Note that you must own the normal versions (also available from the same vendors) of the Shoulders first before you can acquire the Opal ones.

Why? What is the reasoning behind this?

That does seem like a stupid requirement. What I’m wondering is if the particular character needs to be carrying the particular shoulder piece, or will it detect that you have the shoulder piece in the bank or on other characters?
    @Ashtaris,
    my reading of this is that you need to already know the corresponding monster set shoulder OUTFIT STYLE page before you can buy the Opal shoulder style page of each type. (Outfit styles are account-wide and in your collections; you do not need to have anything in the character's inventory.) The four dungeon monster sets have all been in the rotation in recent months where diligent Undaunted dungeoneers will likely have already earned those style pages; or, if you didn't get them at the time (or are a new player), you should be able to buy the regular shoulder style pages for 50 keys each. (Get going on those pledges already!) It's not indicated how much the shoulder style pages will cost from the Undaunted; however, there is always the option of buying the Opal style pages with EVENT TICKETS instead if you prefer (which does not seem to have any pre-requisite).

This information would have been nice to know like a few weeks ago and not 12 hours before the event starts. This should be changed.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Australians play this game too you know.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW for those worrying about queuing for a random and then porting to FG1, this doesn't work for getting the random dungeon XP and isn't necessary for the event. The event info just says to kill the last boss of a dungeon for daily tickets and Undaunted plunder (and specific dungeons in vet hard mode if you want the Opal mask style pages for those dungeons). It doesn't say that we have to do a dungeon as a random. So just queue for normal FG1 to begin with, or form a group the old way (any combination of roles) and port in manually. Repeat for as many times a day as you wish, if just farming the undaunted plunder.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on November 14, 2019 12:47AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Can you please post clarification about the cooldown between getting daily rewards (event tickets and Hefty Undaunted reward boxes) during this Undaunted event? Is there a 20-hour cooldown from the previous daily reward, or is it simply the first final dungeon boss after the daily reset (1am EDT) which counts?
    (This makes a difference for those of us checking if we can farm rewards on the final day, November 18, or not.) Thanks!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Can you please post clarification about the cooldown between getting daily rewards (event tickets and Hefty Undaunted reward boxes) during this Undaunted event? Is there a 20-hour cooldown from the previous daily reward, or is it simply the first final dungeon boss after the daily reset (1am EDT) which counts?
    (This makes a difference for those of us checking if we can farm rewards on the final day, November 18, or not.) Thanks!

It's daily reset, like always.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should of included all dungeons both single or public not just the 4 man delves. Dungeon finder will be a mess just like it was last year.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Opal Pages from the Hefty Boxes trade-able or bound?
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Can characters under level 50 get monster gear and keys during this event?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Can characters under level 50 get monster gear and keys during this event?

I think yes, but gear is levelled to your current level. So if you have level 49 (any level below 50), the gear that will drop will be that level. So If you get monster set piece, when you level up, the gear will be kinda useless, as it will stay at the level you have found it. Not to mention, it wont be CP gear. Current gear cap is level 50 160 CP.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a hefty box per char? Not dropping more then 1 per account
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event#latest

"Shortly after the launch of Undaunted Event today, we began to see server issues related to the Activity Finder that was affecting your ability to play the game. While we did put protections in place prior to the event to ensure stability, these clearly weren’t adequate.

Our top priority is making sure you can log in and play, so to that end, we have decided to turn off the Undaunted Event this afternoon. We know that the loss of this event is disappointing and frustrating, and we have begun discussing what to do in its place. We’ll provide an update a little later today in this thread once we know exactly when we will turn off the event and what our next steps will be."

Just a quick question. Did you turned the event off on all servers or just EU ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno