Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn New Rewards & Glory during the Undaunted Celebration"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
b23b381deb018cfc46c3d5d450653031.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Earn New Rewards & Glory during the Undaunted Celebration" blog article.

Who knows no fear of beast or blade? The Undaunted Celebration event is back! Clear dungeons to earn bonus rewards and Event Tickets. We are Undaunted!
Staff Post
  • VeryEvilPuma
    VeryEvilPuma
    ✭✭✭
    Will dungeon finder be working on every platform already?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Note that you must own the normal versions (also available from the same vendors) of the Shoulders first before you can acquire the Opal ones.

Why? What is the reasoning behind this?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the hefty boxes drop
    once per day per account
    or
    once per day per character?
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Note that you must own the normal versions (also available from the same vendors) of the Shoulders first before you can acquire the Opal ones.

Yeah wtf
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the wespon style pages from the reward boxes bound?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That does seem like a stupid requirement. What I’m wondering is if the particular character needs to be carrying the particular shoulder piece, or will it detect that you have the shoulder piece in the bank or on other characters?

• Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the hefty boxes drop
    once per day per account
    or

This plus, how much do the style pages cost in vouchers? In the past it has been 5 vouchers per page. Is that the case here?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I I'll pass on those Opal motives.... I mean they are ugly AF... :D:*
    Will be hard to even sell them it seems, since there is not even an achievement or anything. Well, at least if I miss some I wont feel bad about it :)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker Just to confirm, there is no "Jackpot" to be found during this years dungeon event? If i recall right, last year one person got all houses/mounts in one of their boxes :open_mouth:
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that Opal Enginge Guardian shield/sword are so pretty! Except for the lightning. boo.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker Just to confirm, there is no "Jackpot" to be found during this years dungeon event? If i recall right, last year one person got all houses/mounts in one of their boxes :open_mouth:

Was there not the occasional crown pet and some things of that nature too last time?

Khajiit recalls getting a dog she didn't really want …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. We've switched up the rewards this year for this event.
    Do the hefty boxes drop
    once per day per account
    or
    Once per account, per day. The regular reward boxes will drop with every dungeon after that.
    Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on November 13, 2019 4:23PM
    Staff Post
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as I’m to understand from the wording, the event this year now allows players to bypass using the group finder entirely in order to account for heavy load situations where the group finder may fail to find an individual a group?

Also, has the limit on boxes received this year been changed to allow unlimited rewards? Last year boxes were given out for the first dungeon completed by each each character every 20 hours. Is there no longer a cooldown?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Thank you for the response :)

If the special box only drops once per day per account, then i guess there is no point in doing this event on multiple characters :blush:
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if we get one hefty box per day, and the event lasts 4 days, thats 4 Opel weapon pages.

And this is the only way to earn them outside of event tickets?

Are the pages tradable?

Also are the weapon pages using the usual setup of one weapon per page?

If so, 4 styles and 7 weapon pages is 28 pages... We can earn FOUR pages in the event... That doesn't feel right?

Unless the plan is to force people to buy event tickets for crowns to buy them that way?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

That does seem like a stupid requirement. What I’m wondering is if the particular character needs to be carrying the particular shoulder piece, or will it detect that you have the shoulder piece in the bank or on other characters?
    @Ashtaris,
    my reading of this is that you need to already know the corresponding monster set shoulder OUTFIT STYLE page before you can buy the Opal shoulder style page of each type. (Outfit styles are account-wide and in your collections; you do not need to have anything in the character's inventory.) The four dungeon monster sets have all been in the rotation in recent months where diligent Undaunted dungeoneers will likely have already earned those style pages; or, if you didn't get them at the time (or are a new player), you should be able to buy the regular shoulder style pages for 50 keys each. (Get going on those pledges already!) It's not indicated how much the shoulder style pages will cost from the Undaunted; however, there is always the option of buying the Opal style pages with EVENT TICKETS instead if you prefer (which does not seem to have any pre-requisite).
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on November 13, 2019 4:38PM
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Will the event really only run for 4 days or is that a typo? That will give us a chance us to earn 12 event tickets (3 a day) and the two berries will cost 20 (10 tickets each).. That hardly seems reasonable, if you ask me :(
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    So if we get one hefty box per day, and the event lasts 4 days, thats 4 Opel weapon pages.

And this is the only way to earn them outside of event tickets?

Are the pages tradable?

Also are the weapon pages using the usual setup of one weapon per page?

If so, 4 styles and 7 weapon pages is 28 pages... We can earn FOUR pages in the event... That doesn't feel right?

Unless the plan is to force people to buy event tickets for crowns to buy them that way?

@Flaminir
    The article indicates that Opal style pages can rarely drop from the last boss of any dungeon run, even if it is not the first dungeon of the day. Plus purchasable with event tickets of course.
    The Outfit style pages will almost certainly be tradeable; all other recent style pages (e.g. Prophet, Sai Sahan etc.) have been tradeable and this is going to be the only way to get all 4 reliably, if you get duplicates.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yngol wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Will the event really only run for 4 days or is that a typo? That will give us a chance us to earn 12 event tickets (3 a day) and the two berries will cost 20 (10 tickets each).. That hardly seems reasonable, if you ask me :(

Yep depending on your timezone you only get 4 days out of this event. Which means 12 tickets and only 4 opal weapon pages. This event really should be longer or give you the hefty box once per day per character instead of once per day for the whole account.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Can you please clarify if Undaunted Reward Boxes (Hefty or regular) will also drop from the last boss of any Trials done during the Undaunted Celebration? Some of those Undaunted folks venture out into places even more risky than regular dungeons... Likewise, my understanding is that delve bosses will NOT give any special rewards, but does the Undaunted delve daily quest give anything extra?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the frostbane pets going to be available in the reward boxes? I know last year i was seeing people get them including the frostbane pony guar! which i need, it is SO cute, those little braids <3
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Are the frostbane pets going to be available in the reward boxes? I know last year i was seeing people get them including the frostbane pony guar! which i need, it is SO cute, those little braids <3

Doesn't look like it. I kind of miss that they're not putting houses/mounts/pets/costumes in boxes anymore, particularly since that was the only way to get some of the retired costumes like blacksmith anymore.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Can you please clarify if Undaunted Reward Boxes (Hefty or regular) will also drop from the last boss of any Trials done during the Undaunted Celebration? Some of those Undaunted folks venture out into places even more risky than regular dungeons... Likewise, my understanding is that delve bosses will NOT give any special rewards, but does the Undaunted delve daily quest give anything extra?

Just dungeons. No trials or delves this time.
    Staff Post
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the activity finder is not strictly required for this but a lot of peopoe are still going to be using it, so it'll be interesting to see how fast PC/EU burns down this weekend and for how many days it will remain more or less unplayable. One of my guilds are alreayd setting up informal bets around this.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is the time frame so short? We had 2 weeks for the witches festival. This is only four days.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was there not the occasional crown pet and some things of that nature too last time?

Khajiit recalls getting a dog she didn't really want …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Did you re-home the dog or do Khajit's eat them as a tasty after dinner snack?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Why is the time frame so short? We had 2 weeks for the witches festival. This is only four days.

This is confusing that we basically just have a single weekend for an event and it was planned that way on purpose. Most events last for 2 weekends and the week in the middle at minimum.

I'm sure ZOS has a reasoning for this, but I'm just not seeing it and highly doubt they will come by and tell us.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only four days? :'(

Or are you guys just expecting it to crash and then planning on extending the event?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Only four days? :'(

Or are you guys just expecting it to crash and then planning on extending the event?

If something goes south it's better it's only for 4 days :)

Yesterday was actually the first day the dungeon finder worked. 5 BGs and no crashes or half empty games. Promising.

Still to fix is the huge delay between each games, something like 5 min.
    Soon cp1000

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The event, is, technically 5 days - the first and last days aren't full days, however:

November 14: 10am EST - 1am EST

November 15: 1am EST - 1am EST

November 16: 1am EST - 1am EST

November 17: 1am EST - 1am EST

November 18: 1am EST - 10am EST

So one can, in theory, get 15 event tickets and 5 hefty reward boxes with a guaranteed opal page drop. Also, the article states that the regular boxes will also have a small chance of dropping an opal page. These should all be tradable.

I for one, don't care about these pages, so I'll be selling any I get.

EDIT: Updated to reflect correct times for EST.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 13, 2019 8:54PM