Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Undaunted Celebration] Your game plan? -- UPDATE: Delves will NOT count

• sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal dungeon for tickets (not just FG1)
    If you dont need to use the finder and just need to kill any dungeon boss i will quickly solo fg1, dc1 or any other base game dungeon. Tested the group finder last weekend and still took 30 minutes to find a group - nothing has changed for me since the last patch - just a few more dc's >:)

@Ye_Olde_Crowe , fg1 takes less then 10 minutes to solo on normal. even faster if you skip most of the adds...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sitting out the event
    I might solo a dungeon or two, but I’m not holding out any expectations here: all of the events for the past 18 months or so have been fraught with problems, especially recently. If anything, I’m fully expecting server issues, group finder issues, and a pretty naff experience.

I hope I’m wrong.
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am very much looking forward to experiencing the awesome performance of the PC EU server and the group finder during this event.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veteran dungeon for tickets
    Daily Pledge, end
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK....

So I won’t be parking an alt in Lady Llarel’s Mine... way the easiest delve in the game.

I would assume that it will work the same as it did last year, with the tickets dropping from the final boss, so you don’t need to use the group finder (and they don’t have the embarrassment of watching the group finder collapse and publicly ruining the event).

I would guess that FG1 will be the dungeon of choice. But note that the “port to FG1” exploit no longer gives you your random dungeon bonus.

I’ll happily just do a random normal cos they’re quite fun.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random normal although if the dungeon finder will get broken again or I'd run into a toxic players much I'm just gonna solo FG1.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna do normal Fungal Grotto I for tickets
    Relax. EU server will go down and we will get an event extension B)
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really doesn't make sense for delves to count for this event, even if the page said so. Group Dungeons are leagues harder
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daily Undaunted delve doesn't count? I didn't expect that random delves would count, but I DID expect that the daily Undaunted delve would. Not cool. :(
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    The daily Undaunted delve doesn't count? I didn't expect that random delves would count, but I DID expect that the daily Undaunted delve would. Not cool. :(

There is an Undaunted delve?
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

There is an Undaunted delve?

an undaunted delve quest.. but that never counted before also.
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normal and Vet dungeons with the guild, business as usual
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    awe was looking forward to posting "will be living in delves" :disappointed:
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    It really doesn't make sense for delves to count for this event, even if the page said so. Group Dungeons are leagues harder

I thought they threw that in just in case Group Finder hiccuped. Like it did last year, apparently.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448458/undaunted-celebration-event-follow-up
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just doing a delve for tickets
    Oh, no delves? Cool, a week to skip.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very much looking forward to experiencing the awesome performance of the PC EU server and the group finder during this event.

Wow. You guys are screwed. The group finder and your server are barely working on a good day. Good luck I guess?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically it's five days, for ticket purposes:

Thursday 10 AM through Friday 1 AM
    Friday 1 AM through Saturday 1 AM
    Saturday 1 AM through Sunday 1AM
    Sunday 1 AM through Monday 1 AM
    Monday 1 AM through Monday 10 AM

All times above are EST.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    @Ye_Olde_Crowe , fg1 takes less then 10 minutes to solo on normal. even faster if you skip most of the adds...
    :) My main may be nearly unkillable in normal dungeons, but he does hardly do any damage at all, unfortunately. FG1 took tank boy a little bit over 30 minutes to finish, and I don't want to respec.

Once my main hits 810 I'll build one of my alts into a respectable DD. I promise!

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only things we don't know about this event is
    1. How much those shoulders are gonna cost
    2. What else is going to drop in the regular and exceptional reward boxes.
    3. Why do people keep standing in the red on Veteran dungeons, dont they know mechanics by now?
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, this is going to be such a hoot /s
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that the dungeon finder is not the only (or even the best) way to find groups for, and enter, dungeons.
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since delves don't count, I'm 99% sure I'll be sitting this event out. Lame.
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, the full announcement for this event is coming soon, but Delves will not be included during the Undaunted event. We're updating the page to remove that line. Apologies for the confusion!

Don't apologize for "confusion". Apologize for missing yet another chance to finally make this event inclusive for solo players. :p

Well, maybe next year... one can hope, right? ;)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, the full announcement for this event is coming soon, but Delves will not be included during the Undaunted event. We're updating the page to remove that line. Apologies for the confusion!

Don't apologize for "confusion". Apologize for missing yet another chance to finally make this event inclusive for solo players. :p

Well, maybe next year... one can hope, right? ;)

Remember, this is an MMO @eklhaftb16_ESO ... where grouping with players is encouraged.

Though ESO is very accommodating to solo players already, if you prefer playing solo you really should look into those kinds of games.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 11, 2019 9:48PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting out the event
    Ill be sitting this event and any other events/dlc /chapters OUT as the game has became unpleasant to play 15 BLUESCREENS in 1 hr aint what i paid for
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on November 11, 2019 10:02PM
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    So basically if it is a 3 day event, and someone said that last time you could acquire 3 tickets per day, we will not be able to grind even one feather?

It's likely because they don't know how the LFG tool is going to work (or not work correctly), and the servers will likely catch on fire during. They only want nightmares for 3 days, and as such, we should actually be thanking them for not having to experience the same. :D

On a side note: how far are they gonna milk this whole Indrik thing for events? Snow Indrik still has 3 berries (events) to go, then I've heard things that a spectral one is next. So far we are on 6 different Indriks (including nascent).

*New* In-game earnable mounts and pets would be nice, you know, like every other MMO does? Sure, keep the crown store for more perks, but FFS, stop degrading the QOL in this game. You can have your cake and eat it too ZoS....
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amber322 wrote: »
    Since delves don't count, I'm 99% sure I'll be sitting this event out. Lame.

IIRC, last year I did sit this one out on my EU character, because he's too poopy to solo any dungeons. He's still too poopy for that, but I'm in a few guilds on EU so I could always try queueing with guildies and hoping I don't suck too terribadly that I get booted from the guild. :)

My NA main can solo Volenfell-- at least he could last year, although I haven't tried again lately after any nerfs-- so IIRC I was able to grab my tickets each day last year by soloing Volenfell. I haven't been able to solo any of the others I've tried, although I've tried only a few. Not sure if I've tried Fungal Grotto; I don't even know the dungeons by name, and have to go look them up. I do know I tried to solo Banished Cells the other night and could not for the life of me kill the final boss; I finally just ran back up the steps to escape and then ported back home. :D
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait-- do public dungeons count? If they do, that would be the easiest way for me to get my tickets.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably run normal or vet randoms for the tickets. My main still needs quite a few achievements so it will be a good opportunity to fill in the gaps.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker A quick question, will manually porting into a dungeon to complete it, rather than through the activity finder, still grant all the same rewards for completion? I know last year this was a major problem where you could only get loot reward boxes for completion by going through the activity finder, not through manual porting into dungeons, and 80% of the time the activity finder simply didn't work, so while we were able to get tickets, there was a lot of missing out on loot boxes.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest