Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox One Challenge Achievement "A Bewitching Month" Not Unlocking.

oxHARMONxo
The Xbox Live Challenge Achievement "A Bewitching Month" appears to be unobtainable. Currently as it stands, progress doesn't appear to be linked to any in game achievement much like previous challenges. I have completed 35 total Witches Festival Writs, all obtained via in game either purchased from other players or looted from Dremora Plunder Skulls. To clarify, I have done 35 different Witches Festival Writs, not a combination of 35 vouchers from writs. I have the in game achievement for completing the 28 Witches Festival Writs, and also have completed an additional 3 on a secondary character. This challenge went live on 10/24/2019 around 8:00 PM Eastern (Prior to the actual in game event...) and ends on 11/25/2019. Can we get a progress update to a fix for this? Currently, I have completed every Xbox Live challenge to date aside from the elusive "Victorious Survivor" that required a flawless Veteran Maelstrom Arena run that only PC transfer players back in January of 2016 were able to complete.
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    An update would be nice. I have completed 31+ writs and have saved a couple of writs in case they will be needed to unlock this challenge before the expiry date. Very frustrating but not my first unlock failure after meeting requirements. XBOX blames ZOS & ZOS blames XBOX.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    “ 0.00% have completed this achievement “ it says

I’d like to be able to unlock it. Xbox one.
    Xbox One NA
  • oxHARMONxo
    Still no official acknowledgement. Still to date, no progression or unlocks.
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    I've logged a ticket:
    [Incident: 191030-001361] the xbox challenge "A Bewitching Month" will not unlock despite all requirements having been met
  • oxHARMONxo
    I’ll do the same. Thanks for the feedback!
  • oxHARMONxo
    To this date, this is still an issue!
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, this achievement does not work as of November 1st. @ZOS_Finn any idea whether it will be fixed before it expires on 24th?
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that the challenge calls them "Witchy Writs", while both the achievement and item themselves are called "Witches Festival Writs", so I want to say they may have changed the name somewhere down the line.

It could just be a difference in the actual description text, but if possible, maybe they could take a look and make sure their reference to the item is correct on the back-end?

(I used to do some PHP before, but it's been a while and not nearly as complicated as creating an MMO, so if I sound like a "Fake Expert", I don't mean to. It's just one of the first things I thought it might be.)
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • oxHARMONxo
    DiteHart wrote: »
    I noticed that the challenge calls them "Witchy Writs", while both the achievement and item themselves are called "Witches Festival Writs", so I want to say they may have changed the name somewhere down the line.

It could just be a difference in the actual description text, but if possible, maybe they could take a look and make sure their reference to the item is correct on the back-end?

(I used to do some PHP before, but it's been a while and not nearly as complicated as creating an MMO, so if I sound like a "Fake Expert", I don't mean to. It's just one of the first things I thought it might be.)

That would make perfect sense. I know in the past, they have linked the Challenges and Achievements to the in game progression. But it could make sense that they didn't correctly link them because the difference in text, as you mentioned. Excellent observation. Hopefully they can get this fixed before it expires. I have 62 writs saved up in anticipation, 31 for me and 31 for a buddy who collects Challenges too.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    I want the hat and title but I’m having to wait since I don’t want to spend gold or time getting 31 writs again :/
    Edited by KittyHazWares on November 2, 2019 6:57PM
    Xbox One NA
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I’m working on getting 31 writs saved up as well. I’m pretty sure if they do end up fixing it, it won’t be retrospective, it never was for any prior broken achievements on Xbox.

Not too hopeful tho. My ZOS ticket got closed with a response that the issue is on Microsoft end. And Microsoft...well, let’s just say they are pretty hopeless when it comes to anything technical.
  • oxHARMONxo
    stelegrega wrote: »
    Yeah I’m working on getting 31 writs saved up as well. I’m pretty sure if they do end up fixing it, it won’t be retrospective, it never was for any prior broken achievements on Xbox.

Not too hopeful tho. My ZOS ticket got closed with a response that the issue is on Microsoft end. And Microsoft...well, let’s just say they are pretty hopeless when it comes to anything technical.

This is not a Microsoft issue unless Zenimax submitted a patch that hasn't been approved by Microsoft, which isn't likely. It's a classic divert tactic they both do to avoid spending the resources to fix it.

I'm ever so slightly optimistic they might be able to get a fix out for this in the next title update for the upcoming DLC on November 5th, or at least a subsequent patch that'll likely release shortly after.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    oxHARMONxo wrote: »

This is not a Microsoft issue unless Zenimax submitted a patch that hasn't been approved by Microsoft, which isn't likely. It's a classic divert tactic they both do to avoid spending the resources to fix it.

I'm ever so slightly optimistic they might be able to get a fix out for this in the next title update for the upcoming DLC on November 5th, or at least a subsequent patch that'll likely release shortly after.

Completely agree that it’s a divert tactic. Have seen it before so I’m not surprised, unfortunately.

I do hope the dragonhold release brings a fix. Release notes should reveal that once they post tomorrow.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm that we've seen these reports and are investigating why the challenge won't complete. Thank you for your patience.
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm that we've seen these reports and are investigating why the challenge won't complete. Thank you for your patience.

@ZOS_SarahHecker this is just a vanity achievement and doesn't affect actual gameplay. Can you respond about some of the bugs affecting combat please?

And numerous others that we've been reporting for what seems like ages, with no acknowledgement from ZOS. Is the message we're supposed to take away that ZOS cares more about players who are focused on achievements than players who are focused on combat?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • oxHARMONxo

This is great news, thank you for the response! I look forward to my vanity challenge achievement, and appreciate the effort of acknowledging this particular bug that effects the way I and many others actually play the game!
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I would say vanity achievement does affect gameplay. I like to look pretty while stabbing a sea sload ☺️.

@ZOS_SarahHecker thanks for the response, I hope y’all figure it out and can make it apply retrospectively for all of us who have already completed said writs!
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    CVtGtvo.jpg
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker it looks like the new 30 dragon kill y’all just posted is having same problem.

@oxHARMONxo can you confirm if it’s same for you?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker it looks like the new 30 dragon kill y’all just posted is having same problem.

It appears to be the same issue as A Bewitching Month. We're still looking into it but will let you know when there's an update.
    Staff Post
  • oxHARMONxo

It appears to be the same issue as A Bewitching Month. We're still looking into it but will let you know when there's an update.

Currently both challenges are bugged as well as the recently released DLC achievements. Thanks for the updates ZOS_SarahHecker!
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    @oxHARMONxo what other dlc achievements are bugged? Just so I know I’m not bothering doing them until they get remedied...
  • oxHARMONxo
    @oxHARMONxo what other dlc achievements are bugged? Just so I know I’m not bothering doing them until they get remedied...

The Return of the Dragon Guard
    The Dragons Wrath
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow 😳, that’s disappointing.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    @oxHARMONxo its now fixed. But you have to start from scratch, unsurprisingly
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can confirm ive exceeded both but xbox is reporting ive only done 1/2 of them both - hopefully this can be retrospectively sorted.
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    @oxHARMONxo its now fixed. But you have to start from scratch, unsurprisingly

on a diff toon or 31 on your main ?
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MJallday i can confirm you can complete it. However it will only count dragons killed/writs traded as of 1pm PST today, when the fix went into effect. So your in game count may not be accurate amount for your Xbox count.
  • oxHARMONxo
    @MJallday i can confirm you can complete it. However it will only count dragons killed/writs traded as of 1pm PST today, when the fix went into effect. So your in game count may not be accurate amount for your Xbox count.

Had to do all all 31 over again on my main character. So glad they fixed it fast!
  • Jaxwell
    Jaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    oxHARMONxo wrote: »

Had to do all all 31 over again on my main character. So glad they fixed it fast!

did it matter if the writs were dropped/ bought .vs. acquired from the impressario (Bound) ?