Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, have Battlegrounds been turned off on console?

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
We now have multiple post from PlayStation and Xbox wherein people describe the same experience:

Battlegrounds matchmaking was working great for a day and a half after the patch, then sometime early yesterday evening Eastern Time, no one could get a ready check.

Unlike the issues on PC, we aren't seeing infinite load screens or getting into matches that never start. Console players queue for battlegrounds and never get a ready check.

Because it worked well for a day and a half, and now the game does not even appear to be attempting to make matches, it seems as if matchmaking for battlegrounds has been turned off somehow.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_RichLambert
@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Was something intentionally done which is now preventing matchmaking for battlegrounds on console? If not, are you aware of this issue and how it differs from the matchmaking issues PC players are experiencing?
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • rmmduece
    rmmduece
    This needs more attention, there are many of us that mainly only big on this game anymore because cyrodiil performance is so bad, and now we can’t even do bgs. Not a lot of reasons left to login in when the main things you enjoy in game don’t work.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally only play ESO for battlegrounds, I even run a battlegrounds guild on PS4 NA. After sitting in que for over an hour last night and still no match found, I just went to sleep. I really hope they fix this soon because otherwise I have zero reason to even log on, it's hard to run a battlegrounds focused guild when you can't even get into a battleground...I really hope we at least get an update soon.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We now have multiple post from PlayStation and Xbox wherein people describe the same experience:

Battlegrounds matchmaking was working great for a day and a half after the patch, then sometime early yesterday evening Eastern Time, no one could get a ready check.

Unlike the issues on PC, we aren't seeing infinite load screens or getting into matches that never start. Console players queue for battlegrounds and never get a ready check.

Because it worked well for a day and a half, and now the game does not even appear to be attempting to make matches, it seems as if matchmaking for battlegrounds has been turned off somehow.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Was something intentionally done which is now preventing matchmaking for battlegrounds on console? If not, are you aware of this issue and how it differs from the matchmaking issues PC players are experiencing?

Interesting I was wondering why I never got a ready check.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Until today I've only gotten into 1 Battleground - Almost instant Queues and no "waiting for x players", just took me straight in like i was the last person to accept it (presumably because people, like me, were dcing when they entered and never made it so I was taking a previously filled spot)

The first few days were terrible for me with game crashes every time (game crashes that left me where I was ingame active, so I came back to a dead character next to adds in IC etc)

I am getting ready checks every time, rapidly - I'm not getting into games when I accept them, with the exception of that 1.

You might not be experiencing the dcs or ready checks, but I and others are.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got into quite a few 2 nights ago (however it was below 50) I was on during prime time/very late evening. Get on last night, que’d for 3 hours and nada. Come on zos, I just wanna level my support/assault skill lines without cyro lag. I’m yet to try vet bg’s but I’ve got a bad feeling I’ll be stuck in que for quite a bit.
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    This game has turned into a meme generator.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Until today I've only gotten into 1 Battleground - Almost instant Queues and no "waiting for x players", just took me straight in like i was the last person to accept it (presumably because people, like me, were dcing when they entered and never made it so I was taking a previously filled spot)

The first few days were terrible for me with game crashes every time (game crashes that left me where I was ingame active, so I came back to a dead character next to adds in IC etc)

I am getting ready checks every time, rapidly - I'm not getting into games when I accept them, with the exception of that 1.

You might not be experiencing the dcs or ready checks, but I and others are.

Xbox, right?

Have you tried cooing over the past 12 hours? If so, have you seen any ready checks?
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on November 7, 2019 4:33PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all, thank you for the reports. We're looking into this and will update you as we have more info.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, thank you for the reports. We're looking into this and will update you as we have more info.

Thanks,

Personally, I'd be very happy if it could return to the state it was in immediately following the patch. GL!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Could those of you who are on XB1/PS4 who were experiencing BG queuing issues please try it again now and see if you notice an improvement? It would also be helpful to know what level group you're queuing for and what the results were when you tried again.

Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, thread has 8 posts and already 2 comments from devs. Wish PC problems have such respect from devs...
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    wow, thread has 8 posts and already 2 comments from devs. Wish PC problems have such respect from devs...

Don't be so petty.

And they aren't "devs" -- they are merely gathering information to pass along to them. I also imagine during the few days of the PC fiasco they (community relations) were working just as hard to gather information from the flood of posts.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on November 7, 2019 5:21PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could those of you who are on XB1/PS4 who were experiencing BG queuing issues please try it again now and see if you notice an improvement? It would also be helpful to know what level group you're queuing for and what the results were when you tried again.

Thank you!

Queued on a max level, low MMR character for random game type (Xbox NA).

Got a ready check after about 5 mins!
    Followed by my first long loading screen for a BG since the patch. :-(
    The BG never started and I was eventually returned to the location I queued from. If things just got fixed, maybe it was just a population issue?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a ready check after about 5 minutes on my second try, and got into a populated match.

Woot, thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom!
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, why hire testers if you can make paying customers do that..
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what about PC ?

Can we hope to be able to play BG's sometimes soon ?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Aaxc wrote: »

Fair question. We ask questions like the one I did in this thread as a form of verification to ensure that what our testers are seeing on the live servers is, in fact, what our players are also seeing. We don't want to assume that's the case - sometimes it isn't a one-to-one experience and there are other contributing factors that we need to identify and consider.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on November 7, 2019 6:06PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »

have you read through the forums? I wouldn’t want to help you people either.
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭

Fair question. We ask questions like the one I did in this thread as a form of verification to ensure that what our testers are seeing on the live servers is, in fact, what our players are also seeing. We don't want to assume that's the case - sometimes it isn't a one-to-one experience and there are other contributing factors that we need to identify and consider.

You shouldn't assume, you should know if the problem is fixed or not. You have a team and lead devs. You don't push code unless it's good. I understand that in crisis situations you have no choice, but then please stop pushing new content and make the next big version a huge bug fix.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You shouldn't assume, you should know if the problem is fixed or not. You have a team and lead devs. You don't push code unless it's good. I understand that in crisis situations you have no choice, but then please stop pushing new content and make the next big version a huge bug fix.

You completely and utterly missed her point. Nice work.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot get into BGs either, as outlined in my post on the Xbox board. Getting into dungeons is also broken.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

hehehe what a joke, as if the answer to those generic questions would give them the answer they've been missing.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. Go back to the crown store.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭

Hehehe you are really doing your best to keep up the appeareance that you are trying, so transparent
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you people really think you'll get help by harassing the mods?
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s been reported on bug section of the forum first day, howcome only been looked at now, do we really have to tag ZOS to get the issues reported. Is bug section of the forum just being ignored?
    Again, the bg queue just not as good as before the patch, whoever coded the new queue is only making it worse.
    I queue at the same time everyday, I play the game 4+ years every single day. Before patch I can get in within 30sec. Load screen was fair too like 30sec. Now after patch, on day 1 I got a ready check after queued for 10min, then loading screen 10 min, then it ported me back to overland zone instead of bg, -_-. Then I queued again and didn’t even work anymore.
    Day 2, queued over 30 min still not got a ready check. Note this is the same time where I queue every day and used to be able to get in within 30 sec, now it’s just completely broken, and I reported on bug section twice and not being seen by ZOS. -_-

I’m afraid your recoding work on the queue only broke it, your every patch notes promising what improvement, all I see is broken even more till the point it can’t be played. It’s ridiculous work.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Also another post on bug section of the forum, in case it’s being overlooked at as well and ZOS not even aware patch after patch after patch. “3 obvious bust still not addressed or noted”

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/500754/3-obvious-bug-still-not-addressed-or-fixed-in-latest-ps4-patch#latest
    Edited by akl77 on November 7, 2019 11:19PM
    Pc na
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you people really think you'll get help by harassing the mods?

As long as they are just stalling using meaningless posts I feel the need to asnwer in the same manner.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow.....chill bro....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, I made this post specifically addressing a console issue. Fairly shortly after ZOS responded, issue appears to have been fixed.

So as far as this specific console issue is concerned, good job ZOS and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

For those still experiencing issues on PC, I feel your pain and your dissatisfaction is warranted. But coming to this thread where effective communication occurred and an issue was resolved just flame to mods is unwarranted.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is ruining this patch for me, what the *** ZOS.