The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For Devs about Blood spawn.

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    maxjapank wrote: »
    No we can not agree. Ironically first ur stating 30 seconds now 24 a bit odd ur number is getting lower.

Go back and read. And then post according to what I exactly said. I said under 30 secs. But it happens to be exactly 24 secs if Bloospawn procs on cooldown. I'm not a wizard at math, but I did calculate that. What is odd, especially odd, is how you wish to question the math when 1) you didn't read properly and 2) you're too lazy to do the math yourself.

In a vacuum under the most ideal of situations sure the math adds up on paper however the reality is very different.

6% chance to proc
    10 attacks about 50/50 1 of those will proc the set
    100 attacks 6 procs of the set
    Now factor in ur not gonna just facetank incoming damage for 100 attacks.

Assuming you have a decent understanding and skill in pvp u will likely get 1-2 procs in about a 2-3 minute fight so that comes to about 28 ultimate. Mind you this is a 1v1 scenario

Now in an xv1 and your being focused you will likely just about proc off cooldown however if the opponents are of roughly equal to greater skill all that ultimate will amount to nothing as you will likely have been zerged down.

Bloodspawn got a great up-time even on 1v1 and small scale scenarios. Why is that? There are tons of micro damage packages in the game that you are not taking into consideration. For example, one use of "Crushing Shock" is considered as 3 separated attacks,+glyph damage+up to 3-4 status effects it can proc(with glyph)+light attack. In this example you generate up to 9 chances to proc Bloodspawn(over 50% chance) in less than a sec. I know this is a very specific example but it does reflects the reality of pvp with all the dots and other mico damage packages going around. Most content creators that use Bloodspawn(which are most of them) will also use an addon to monitor Bloodspawn procs. The up-time is very good, even in 1v1, at 2v1 + situations, it will proc on CD almost 100%.

is it over-performing? Not sure, compared to what? We need to ask at what point other monster sets(troll king) or even 1 piece Mighty Chudan, 1 piece Pirate Skeleton will just be purely better.

is it being overused in PvP? Probably yes, but its more due to the set flexibility and utility(good for both offence and
    defense, good for both small scalre and 1vs X) than its raw power.

If anything about this set a should be nefrfed, those are the resistances, don't think they should touch the ulty gen nor the proc chance.

Removal of resistance can break one of the best and beautiful combo for melee stam DK (Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Take flight). I not DK player, but I know only Stam melee DK has the potential to use BS at 100%, the rest most often take his for ult gen. If you remove the resistance, this set will become useless for stam melee players, then you will need to replace the first bonus to magica recovery so that it is used only by range magic. The rest of your description is completely correct.
    The sadder factor is that this kit uses magica sorc for ult gen, which does pew pew at a distance, has shields, teleporters and also as a bonus resistance with blood spawn. Even a magblade is a lesser culprit with invisibility, he takes more risks.

Remove the resistances? OMG, hell now. I was referring to a small shave if anything. I'm not even convinced it should be changed at all.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    No we can not agree. Ironically first ur stating 30 seconds now 24 a bit odd ur number is getting lower.

Go back and read. And then post according to what I exactly said. I said under 30 secs. But it happens to be exactly 24 secs if Bloospawn procs on cooldown. I'm not a wizard at math, but I did calculate that. What is odd, especially odd, is how you wish to question the math when 1) you didn't read properly and 2) you're too lazy to do the math yourself.

In a vacuum under the most ideal of situations sure the math adds up on paper however the reality is very different.

6% chance to proc
    10 attacks about 50/50 1 of those will proc the set
    100 attacks 6 procs of the set
    Now factor in ur not gonna just facetank incoming damage for 100 attacks.

Assuming you have a decent understanding and skill in pvp u will likely get 1-2 procs in about a 2-3 minute fight so that comes to about 28 ultimate. Mind you this is a 1v1 scenario

Now in an xv1 and your being focused you will likely just about proc off cooldown however if the opponents are of roughly equal to greater skill all that ultimate will amount to nothing as you will likely have been zerged down.

Bloodspawn got a great up-time even on 1v1 and small scale scenarios. Why is that? There are tons of micro damage packages in the game that you are not taking into consideration. For example, one use of "Crushing Shock" is considered as 3 separated attacks,+glyph damage+up to 3-4 status effects it can proc(with glyph)+light attack. In this example you generate up to 9 chances to proc Bloodspawn(over 50% chance) in less than a sec. I know this is a very specific example but it does reflects the reality of pvp with all the dots and other mico damage packages going around. Most content creators that use Bloodspawn(which are most of them) will also use an addon to monitor Bloodspawn procs. The up-time is very good, even in 1v1, at 2v1 + situations, it will proc on CD almost 100%.

is it over-performing? Not sure, compared to what? We need to ask at what point other monster sets(troll king) or even 1 piece Mighty Chudan, 1 piece Pirate Skeleton will just be purely better.

is it being overused in PvP? Probably yes, but its more due to the set flexibility and utility(good for both offence and
    defense, good for both small scalre and 1vs X) than its raw power.

If anything about this set a should be nefrfed, those are the resistances, don't think they should touch the ulty gen nor the proc chance.

Removal of resistance can break one of the best and beautiful combo for melee stam DK (Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Take flight). I not DK player, but I know only Stam melee DK has the potential to use BS at 100%, the rest most often take his for ult gen. If you remove the resistance, this set will become useless for stam melee players, then you will need to replace the first bonus to magica recovery so that it is used only by range magic. The rest of your description is completely correct.
    The sadder factor is that this kit uses magica sorc for ult gen, which does pew pew at a distance, has shields, teleporters and also as a bonus resistance with blood spawn. Even a magblade is a lesser culprit with invisibility, he takes more risks.

Remove the resistances? OMG, hell now. I was referring to a small shave if anything. I'm not even convinced it should be changed at all.

Ok, sorry good clarification. Here people distort words, then say that you spoke about removing.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on November 4, 2019 12:19AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn needs to have it's ulti regen reduced. 14 ulti every 6 secs is ridiculous. And the mitigation is pretty insane, too. If they Devs aren't going to lower the ulti regen, they should think about a longer cooldown. Keep the utli and mitigation the same, lasting 6 secs. But make it so that it can only proc every 12 secs.

Please learn what bloodspawn does and stop spreading false information it’s not 14 ultimate every 6 seconds it’s 6% chance every 6 seconds so is fine as is

I’m sorry you are worried about your crutch monster set. But it procs off damage and their is so many kinds of damage hitting you that it procs constantly. It’s too much for what it does. Either lower the Ulti regen, lower the mitigation, or add a longer cooldown on the Ulti regen.

Funny you assume I use blood spawn. I defend the set because it is one of the last scarce few monster sets that has any semblance of balance
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    Bloodspawn perfectly treads the line between being strong and overpowered.

Why it's strong:

1. it provides resistances that "can" make you tanky

2. it provides ulti-gen, which can allow you to get to an ultimate faster.

Why it's not OP:

1. Although it is making you tankier, it's less than 10% dmg mitigation for the set. You still have to heal, block, dodge roll...play the game to survive. It's not nearly as tanky as pirate skeleton was, nor was it the life saver that earthgore was/is.

2. the ulti-gen is nice and can help you survive, get burst off, etc...IF you can play.

I would love for there to be more sets like bloodspawn to be honest because it still forces the user to do something. It doesn't heal for you(earthgore/troll king), it doesn't provide proc damage, it's just a great utility monster set.

You could actually make out some sense from the statement in the OP?

The low proc chance makes the damage resistance unreliable, hence far from over powered. Decent when it process but the best part of the set is the ult gen. I do agree we need less sets that proc damage. It is a little crazy.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn needs to have it's ulti regen reduced. 14 ulti every 6 secs is ridiculous. And the mitigation is pretty insane, too. If they Devs aren't going to lower the ulti regen, they should think about a longer cooldown. Keep the utli and mitigation the same, lasting 6 secs. But make it so that it can only proc every 12 secs.

Please learn what bloodspawn does and stop spreading false information it’s not 14 ultimate every 6 seconds it’s 6% chance every 6 seconds so is fine as is

How bad do you have to be, and how little must you understand this game, to think that Bloodspawn is carrying your enemies to a win over you? I’m stunned that people are grasping at this straw.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 4, 2019 5:25AM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many guys overestimate BS on their builds. It's important to check uptime via CM for example. Could happen that some would be surprised.
    PC EU - DC only
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop the silly posts, please.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see people are still butthurt over the pirate skeleton nerf...
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    I see people are still butthurt over the pirate skeleton nerf...

People used Pirate Skeleton the same way they use Bloodspawn now, which is it's super easy to set a build around and forget about. Pirate Skeleton was absolutely more egregious though, and even easier to build around, because it completely removed the necessity to wear a defensive set or (RIP now) wear protective jewels, it just gave you major protection pretty much whenever you might need it, which was, obviously, OP. We can talk about BRP DW in another thread, though.

Bloodspawn is *nowhere* near as overpowered as PS was, and is one of the last viable monster sets. I mix and match sets nowadays because my base resists would be too low to rely on Bloodspawns proc, because if it doesn't, I'm fairly squishy to the point of non viability in most pvp environments. For classes and builds with slightly higher base resists though, Bloodspawn is a no-brainer; not because it's OP, but because it's the only viable set left. You take it away, and outside troll king and maybe slimecraw, there won't be any monster sets worth wearing for a 2pc bonus, mixing and matching will become the norm and that would somewhat defeat the purpose of monster sets in general, wouldn't it?

The answer here is obviously an overhaul of some monster sets, to bring more build diversity. Nerfing BS at this point would just be a perplexing decision that changes the nature of the whole concept of those two-piece sets.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uh so. A carry set is something that literally makes it so regardless of what you do, you still have a decent chance in a fight.

Say, like (old) earthgore, zaan, sloads...etc

Those sets passively heal or damage.

Bloodspawn OTOH, is not a huge difference maker unless you are outnumbered/focused by many people.

Which means in order to make it actually useful, you have to be able to effectively kite (heal, keep buffs up, LOS) because otherwise you might get that extra ult but you'll be dead before you can use it.

It is one of very few sets that gets better the more skilled you are.

Seems like some people in this thread are mad they tried to zerg someone down who proceeded to drop multiple ults to wipe them and their zergling buds
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just please stop. Stop even responding to this thread. It's giving it and the OP way more attention than it/they deserves. and I strongly suspect the whole point of the original post was for the purpose of gaining some attention, which makes the accompanying ridiculous suggestion nothing more than a red herring. Let this thread go die like it deserves.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Guys I can tell you with confidence, here the majority of unsubscribe are mag Sorcs players or you thought why there are so many of them in the game. I saw mag DK messages, although DK sees melee. You can pay attention already talking about light armor and the use of BS. It seems to me that there are few messages coming from Stam DK, they know that this set is only for them and only for them it works 100%. We have a paradox here.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on November 6, 2019 8:03AM
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, in general, in every joke there is some truth. You are trying to prove to me that BS is fine, when people give mass ults in one target, they know that soon there will be a new ult...