The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For Devs about Blood spawn.

OrderoftheDarkness
OrderoftheDarkness
✭✭✭
I shouldn't be pointing to these things with your competence, but you haven't thought that restoring 14 points of absolute ability is a big number. Taking into account the fact that already in general form there is an alignment of sets, of spells, etc
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Stop.
  • Dinokstrun
    Dinokstrun
    ✭✭✭
    What?
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he google translated a nerf bloodspawn thread. True, one of the most OP monster sets in pvp but there are definitely multiple builds you would run something else over bloodspawn. Also, it really isn’t that strong in PVE.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that makes Bloodspawn so good is that is a pure utility set. It is not a high burst offensive set, it has a low proc chance, and you can still build without it. It is one of the few great sets, its been around for forever and there should be more like it.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silly post. Move along.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn is fine op stop asking for more nerfs how about instead suggest a monster set you might want buffed
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    I think he google translated a nerf bloodspawn thread. True, one of the most OP monster sets in pvp but there are definitely multiple builds you would run something else over bloodspawn. Also, it really isn’t that strong in PVE.

Bloodspawn isn't OP. It is just one of the few good Monster sets!
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn perfectly treads the line between being strong and overpowered.

Why it's strong:

1. it provides resistances that "can" make you tanky

2. it provides ulti-gen, which can allow you to get to an ultimate faster.

Why it's not OP:

1. Although it is making you tankier, it's less than 10% dmg mitigation for the set. You still have to heal, block, dodge roll...play the game to survive. It's not nearly as tanky as pirate skeleton was, nor was it the life saver that earthgore was/is.

2. the ulti-gen is nice and can help you survive, get burst off, etc...IF you can play.

I would love for there to be more sets like bloodspawn to be honest because it still forces the user to do something. It doesn't heal for you(earthgore/troll king), it doesn't provide proc damage, it's just a great utility monster set.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shouldn't be pointing to these things with your competence, but you haven't thought that restoring 14 points of absolute ability is a big number. Taking into account the fact that already in general form there is an alignment of sets, of spells, etc

Supernatural-gif-mouth-open.gif
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Few of the good monster sets available. Absolutely no need to touch this.

If I want to go tanky, I choose 2 different monster pieces with 3k resistances each.

If I want more damage, just go Balorgh.

If I want heals for dayzzz, I go Troll King.

If I want stam rec and occasional ulti restore and 6k resistances, I choose Blood Spawn. The 6% proc rate is definitely not high so I don't see the problem.

The actual problem is, ZOS should make few other monster sets more viable. Spawn of Mephala, Tremorscale, Vykosa, Sellistrix.. how much are they even used nowadays?

Don't touch BS. This thread however, is total BS.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    somebody got 1vXed by a bloodspawn user :trollface:
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Blood spawn's this is a good set. I am not against it. Let's be honest, this set can be made to work almost non-stop every 6 seconds. When I move away from Blood spawn towards another monster set, thoughts about the lack of ult gen begin to appear and it was great to use ult all the time. My suggestion was to reduce the number of ult gen not in a complete nerf. This will give more compromises when choosing a Monster set.
    Fourteen points of ultimate ability is a lot. It's just an opinion.
    UrbanMonk wrote: »

Supernatural-gif-mouth-open.gif

lol these are dangerous guys.
    somebody got 1vXed by a bloodspawn user :trollface:

Wow Vanga 2019 hello. I will keep track of your achievements. ;)

Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 24, 2019 8:09AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Say it with me.

Nerfing a good alternative to a garbage thing doesn't make that garbage thing any less garbage.

Want people to use other monster sets? Buff the other monster sets. Don't nerf the last good one. People use only a few monster sets (Bloodspawn, Troll King, Skoria, Balorgh), because the others are all trash.

Other offensive monster sets either don't deal enough damage to warrant choosing over a defensive monster set (even the trash ones), have an obscenely long cooldown or obscenely small proc chance, or are otherwise way too telegraphed.

Other defensive monster sets are either way too conditional in how they work, give way too little for survival, or are way too inconsistent in what exactly they give.

Bloodspawn has a very low proc chance, making it only good while under constant pressure, due to the many chances to proc. Troll King only kicks in under 50%, meaning you have to already be decently close to death for it to kick in, and only gives a heal worth 774 health every second at base. Skoria is good because of the damage and consistency, but is now well telegraphed, which means your opponent can block it easily. Balorgh is good because of the raw weapon/spell damage it offers, but really only works on classes that have high ult gen, and typically work their ults in their combos early on.

Want people to use other sets? Buff the other sets. Don't force everybody to move over, by nerfing the last good sets there are.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    How many people so much and opinion. In my experience, sometimes OP limits the potential of other things. Therefore, a nerf is a kind of buff. You see what the difference is, I proposed a concrete proposal and you just have a lyrical digression.
    I repeat, fourteen is a very large number. Reducing this number will not hit the BS as a whole.
    P. S.I think you first need to make an offer as possible to buff other sets and at what scale even if your offer is ignored, but I agree with you I'd like to see buff other sets.

Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 24, 2019 10:10AM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this thread puzzling but not because someone is calling for another frivolous nerf but how you even came to the conclusion that BS was OP when it doesn’t show even up on your death recap.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already nerfed once... Have to rotate through nerfing the rest of the game before we can return to nerfing this again.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Set is great if you are outnumbered and RNG lottery in 1v1. Looks balanced and FUN imo.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please nerf make useless. Make so set I use is only good.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many people so much and opinion. In my experience, sometimes OP limits the potential of other things. Therefore, a nerf is a kind of buff. You see what the difference is, I proposed a concrete proposal and you just have a lyrical digression.
    I repeat, fourteen is a very large number. Reducing this number will not hit the BS as a whole.
    P. S.I think you first need to make an offer as possible to buff other sets and at what scale even if your offer is ignored, but I agree with you I'd like to see buff other sets.

it used to be 25, so it's already gotten hit with a nerf. go any lower and it'd just be the Nord racial passive. please stop before you jam your foot even further into your mouth. Your post is bad, your idea is bad, and ZOS shouldn't be given any more ideas given their current nerf-happy state of things.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »

it used to be 25, so it's already gotten hit with a nerf. go any lower and it'd just be the Nord racial passive. please stop before you jam your foot even further into your mouth. Your post is bad, your idea is bad, and ZOS shouldn't be given any more ideas given their current nerf-happy state of things.

Ult gen is only the third part of this set it makes no sense to compare it with the passive Nord. A reduction can be made without fanaticism. It’s funny for me to talk about 25. We can recall Pirate Skeleton. Do you really like this type of game?
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. A causal relationship is missing from your concept of “good or bad”. What to call it - may be a sense of self-importance. In principle, arguing with a person who most likely considers the Dragonhold fix to be inappropriate is a bad idea.

P. S. I have no purpose to ruin such a good set. I use it myself. This is just an observer’s opinion, nothing more.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 24, 2019 10:56PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where did the pvp’er poke you?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uc?id=1juU7ESR71q4Ghm6vSR9Is0O4aWl2CcM8
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Word salad.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :|
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WarmheartedOptimalHorsefly-size_restricted.gif
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Word salad.

Your whole topic about measuring dot is word salad. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496837/youve-still-completely-missed-the-mark-on-dot-damage/p1. It's just a veiled salad where are you trying to show yourself smart and knowledgeable. It can even be called trolling through screenshots. The opinion that you write there, I have not heard such nonsense for a long time. You trying to compare a passive playing style with an active.

Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 25, 2019 7:29AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you write there, I have not heard such nonsense for a long time

So you agree with him that the facts are nonsensical
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that you write there, I have not heard such nonsense for a long time

So you agree with him that the facts are nonsensical

Nonsense different from nonsensical. Although my English is bad.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh the day they come for Bloodspawn. I knew it would arrive I just didn’t know when. I always figure that this day would herald the true beginning of the end for ESO. I think PvP in this game is almost entirely devoid of anyone who cares to learn the game anymore. It’s inundated with people who just want to be carried.