The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Disease status effect stealth nerf?

glavius
glavius
✭✭✭✭✭
Buffs and Debuffs
Diseased: Fixed an issue where this status effect was reporting that it applied Major Defile, when it actually applied Minor Defile.

Disease status effect has always applied major defile. So either this is a typo by a dev that doesn't know mechanic, or a nerf.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @glavius Good catch!

From the 3.1.6 PC/Mac Patch Notes (August, 2017 - the last time Diseased status was officially commented upon it seems)
    "Fixed an issue where the Diseased status effect was not applying Major Defile."

You're certainly correct that it was described (not just in the tooltip) as providing MAJOR Defile. Let's hope someone officially comments on this. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Tevalaur on September 19, 2019 9:52PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i read that as they are actually making it apply the major defile it was supposed to be, not the way you are reading it. and disease has not "always" been major, when the game first came out, it was minor. for a long time actually, like for at least 2 years.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    i read that as they are actually making it apply the major defile it was supposed to be, not the way you are reading it. and disease has not "always" been major, when the game first came out, it was minor. for a long time actually, like for at least 2 years.

Was always major tested like 4 years ago.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    All proc status effects like that are minor. When testing, did you test the actual healing, or just what was stated on character sheet?
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

Was always major tested like 4 years ago.

i cant find any evidence that indicates that diseased was not major defile after the revamp to status effect after January 2017, when they changed concussed and chilled. but it did lower health regen by 50%, that was not named, as well before that.

• glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All proc status effects like that are minor. When testing, did you test the actual healing, or just what was stated on character sheet?

Actual healing. Was also back then I noticed bosmer and argonians were immune. The effect lasted 8 seconds before last revamp of status effects.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was Major Defile for long time and confirmed several times (there are literally eso live streams somewhere in 2017) by devs that its supposed to be this way.
    Cant test the effect of it ingame but it is being reported as Minor Defile by logging tools. If this was balance change (its possible) it would be fair to state "we changed" instead of "oh that thing that was major defile? it was just error"
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last ESO Live though @ZOS_Gilliam said it was minor defile. I even questioned it in the chat but it scrolled by in a millisecond of course.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamina main of five years that runs disease all the time it has always been major if its been changed then it was a sleight-of-hand that nobody knew about
    The only thing I remember being major defile removed from to minor was snipe
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 20, 2019 9:51PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long time ago it was major defile but then it was stealth changed into minor defile (just like all status effect are minor), however buff tracker saying that it major. They fixed this UI bug now.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Long time ago it was major defile but then it was stealth changed into minor defile (just like all status effect are minor), however buff tracker saying that it major. They fixed this UI bug now.

Can you link where that change was made at please or was there never an posting for it till now where someone stumbled upon it
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 99% sure I tested the Diseased status effect like 4-5 months ago, and that it was applying major defile then.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure I tested the Diseased status effect like 4-5 months ago, and that it was applying major defile then.

how did you test it? with just a debuff tracker or did you actually see the effect it was having on your targets healing?
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always test healing before debuff and after debuff.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can indeed confirm that on live it only procs minor defile. Not sure when they changed it.
    This thread also suggests that it was changed recently:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6279837#Comment_6279837
  • BetaPsycho
    BetaPsycho
    Soul Shriven
    so no updates from devs on this?
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue" is the new "this is a buff if..". They did the same for ambush, shields, and a lot of other things. Or they simply don't know their game, which is more probable tbh.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol the dev's dont know and the players dont know, who's got defile, where is the defile even at? Some wonder if the defile will ever be minorly as major as it has possibly been in the past!
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tested this myself with multiple people and I can confirm its indeed minor.

Meanwhile this is what it says in the game

72635271_2590929040975459_3873329686536781824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlx729nEe9nPpXTcF7Ei_pnoe1Ayj44qbSLPe0gOduQgy5xyNfelNbMUbLFaoKTgHQ&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=cac1f555b56b1de18f4c19779b706c91&oe=5E26309E

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfectly logical to be minor defile, you want 4 seconds of Major defile every 5 seconds ?? Get real pls.
  • BetaPsycho
    BetaPsycho
    Soul Shriven
    RouDeR wrote: »
    perfectly logical to be minor defile, you want 4 seconds of Major defile every 5 seconds ?? Get real pls.

its not about logical or not, its about - when it was changed, why and why were there no announcements
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

Not unrealistic at all since enchantments only have 20% chance to proc status effects every 4 seconds.Even if you use the Charged trait you'll have to sacrifice raw stats and only then you can have about 65-70% chance to proc every 4 seconds.

Even then it doesnt work against bosmers and argonians
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Even then it doesnt work against bosmers and argonians

Sadly Bosmer lost its Disease immunity racial on the previous racial update. Only Argonians have Disease status immunity anymore.

Bosmer has Poisoned immunity, Argonian lost that.. Because who cares about the lore and years of tradition. :/
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Because who cares about the lore and years of tradition. :/
    Not ZOS.

That's who.

Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slight necro but relevant question for @Ankael07 @glavius did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Is Disease enchant status effect now only minor defile on live, and did they ever patch note this change?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Beardimus Its still minor defile. Patch notes werent clear on whether it should be major or not
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus Its still minor defile. Patch notes werent clear on whether it should be major or not

Damn. That's uncool. So 15%

Do you know how long status effect is for, is it 3 seconds?

Feels way less worth it and certainly not worth bothering with charged for :(

Does it say Minor on the affected persons charctor screen is that what they pertained to fix?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Damn. That's uncool. So 15%

Do you know how long status effect is for, is it 3 seconds?

Feels way less worth it and certainly not worth bothering with charged for :(

Does it say Minor on the affected persons charctor screen is that what they pertained to fix?

status effects are 4 seconds, except for poisoned, which is 6. do you have another source of the minor debuff?
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 6 months I'm back is disease status effect working correctly for major defile and not minor ?

I hate being on console but until I find out how much AMDs new ray tracing gpu is I'm hindered.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on January 17, 2020 1:51AM