The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Disease status effect stealth nerf?

• WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I played ... my old build was bugged, meaning the disease status effect was showing major but was giving only minor. So I'd have 2 indicators of 1 major 1 minor. The affliction set is and supposed to give a small amount of disease damage and also proc minor defile. The status effect from disease is supposed to proc major defile, last time I tested it was showing both debuffs but only giving minor.

I was reading somewhere that they fixed it... is that true or not ?
    Options
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say that when they "fixed" it they made Disease Status both say and do Minor Defile, so they didn't actually fix it in the way that you'd hoped and was proclaimed to be their intention with it in the past.
    Edited by Tevalaur on January 18, 2020 12:00AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Sorry to say that when they "fixed" it they made it both say and do Minor Defile, so they didn't actually fix it in the way that you'd hoped and was proclaimed to be their intention with it in the past.

I proclaimed it in the past becuase in thoery I am correct. That's why they call it thoerycrafting. 😂 And the way I hoped is the correct way per patch notes. If Zos tells you this set is going to do this and give this status effect and you test it. Yet you find its bugged it's not what I hoped, in fact its finding what other people fail to test in there creative capacity.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on January 18, 2020 11:46AM
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    @Beardimus Its still minor defile. Patch notes werent clear on whether it should be major or not

Damn. That's uncool. So 15%

Do you know how long status effect is for, is it 3 seconds?

Feels way less worth it and certainly not worth bothering with charged for :(

Does it say Minor on the affected persons charctor screen is that what they pertained to fix?

status effects are 4 seconds, except for poisoned, which is 6. do you have another source of the minor debuff?

Cheers for the correction on timing.

In terms of debuff it's all via this thread / the vague comment in patch notes.

Even @Alcast has major defile on his Website, but from what folks have tested it's minor since the change.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus Its still minor defile. Patch notes werent clear on whether it should be major or not

Does it say Minor on the affected persons charctor screen is that what they pertained to fix?

status effects are 4 seconds, except for poisoned, which is 6. do you have another source of the minor debuff?

Even @Alcast has major defile on his Website, but from what folks have tested it's minor since the change.

Yes its minor as tested still, can you or anyone find any language on the forums to support this ?

Last time I tested was giving both indicators for both major and minor. But didnt stack both back then, I test now my debuff uptime is higher, but now it's just showing a [ ? ] symbol like the game doesn't know what to do.

I think broke another devs code in thoerycrafting ? 😂
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes its minor as tested still, can you or anyone find any language on the forums to support this ?

Last time I tested was giving both indicators for both major and minor. But didnt stack both back then, I test now my debuff uptime is higher, but now it's just showing a [ ? ] symbol like the game doesn't know what to do.

I think broke another devs code in thoerycrafting ? 😂

The only official thing is the line the OP posted here.

Would be cool to get some clarity on those patch notes @ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_BillE ?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus christ ! Took me an an hour but found it...

Looks like ZOS deleted the old post of "Status effects and you" ( updated ) 2017 version. The 2015 is the only one that's left.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4427604

I was telling @Gilliamtherogue at that on console it was still giving minor. But if you scroll down its brighter than day the notes said Major not Minor.

And that was a change Eric Wrobel made to console after the status effects changes from HOTR dlc in 2017 to PC but failed to put the disease part in the combat update.

But yah ... ZOS needs to revert this change back becuase that's maybe why there is a tank meta. And healing seems seems godley now, it won't fix it all but it's the right step in the direction.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on January 18, 2020 11:33AM
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I hate this status effect. I am sure I changed that info like 4 times in the last 2 years because someone keeps changing/ flipping the effect in the game by accident.

It is supposed to be MINOR DEFILE.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497974/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-2-5-dragonhold-update-24

e4de15ff3afa3507964944aa8d33af5d.png

If it still shows Major Defile in the game somewhere, please let me know here or via dm
    Edited by Alcast on January 18, 2020 8:55PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    Concussion, Chilled and Disease all proc the Minor effect.
    Burning, Concussion, Chilled, Diseased and Burning can all proc on Shielded Enemies.
    Certain races are immune to X effect and increasing your resistance to an element makes you immune to the % chance of being afflicted by it.
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    I hate this status effect. I am sure I changed that info like 4 times in the last 2 years because someone keeps changing/ flipping the effect in the game by accident.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497974/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-2-5-dragonhold-update-24

If it still shows Major Defile in the game somewhere, please let me know here or via dm

I understand it says that but in update 24, what I'm saying is that there was an old post called Status effects and you ( updated version 2017 ) for HOTR in that description it stated what disease status effect has done for 3 years.

I made builds that has that build into it, reason why I know its Major Defile and not Minor defile. And as i showed in the previous thread, it was Major as a source of proof.

So somewhere in the last 6 months from me not playing the game. One person decided to change this, delete a thread post and revert this back to the 2014/15 version.

This status effect has never overpreformed and as far as I know I'm the only person that tried to creatively use it in pvp to kill people. Also maybe another reason why there is such a problem in healing. Too many sources of healing and not enough defiles or way to counter.

And I was unaware the good folks at ZOS keeps changing this around status effect around w/o a heads up or a post about why and reasoning. @alcast and @FeaR Turbo your'e both OG,s in the community, but if there changing Wrobels old stuff why isn't it being known ? And who's to say other things hasn't changed also.... is nobody is testing anymore ?

I'm spending my last days on console and built my TR/2080ti pc, to meet every standard in performance and graphics for the next 5 years hopefully. I look forward to saving more money irl playing eso on PCNA where I can test everything properly. And try to be an asset to the community like you both have been.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Appriciate you looking into / confirming this Alcast TY
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz