The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jabbed to death

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    You really think anyone else would land more dmg against someone spamming roll dodge? You still got a few hits in, while others get their dmg dodged 100%. Templar is still one of the better (if not best) equipped classes to deal with roll dodge spam. Just because you don't land every single hit doesn't mean other's won't struggle just as much or even more.
    Also lol@ posting a 5s clip from years ago, when snare immunity and speed were actually good (probably still didn't save that guy from getting zerged) and before templar got multiple buffs/other classes got nerfed. But yea, i'm sure spamming RAT every 2nd GCD will work great.

Lets not forget burning light and spear wall and piercing spear passives. You get so much buffs and debuffs just by spaming your spammable, which remind of surprise attack pre-major fracture nerf. Jab hit 4 times, each hit has a chance to activate burning light that dumps much dmg(remmeber implusion?) So much stuff in 1 skill, no wander most templars use it.

What else would you propose we use? Don’t forget one of our passives = rez speed and fills a *** soul gem. But let’s leave that out conveniently. So many forum warriors here pretending like they know what they’re talking about. Can’t wait till next patch when Magplars are back to normal, the meta hoppers can go somewhere else, and the whiners can jump on whatever kills then next.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    You really think anyone else would land more dmg against someone spamming roll dodge? You still got a few hits in, while others get their dmg dodged 100%. Templar is still one of the better (if not best) equipped classes to deal with roll dodge spam. Just because you don't land every single hit doesn't mean other's won't struggle just as much or even more.
    Also lol@ posting a 5s clip from years ago, when snare immunity and speed were actually good (probably still didn't save that guy from getting zerged) and before templar got multiple buffs/other classes got nerfed. But yea, i'm sure spamming RAT every 2nd GCD will work great.

Lets not forget burning light and spear wall and piercing spear passives. You get so much buffs and debuffs just by spaming your spammable, which remind of surprise attack pre-major fracture nerf. Jab hit 4 times, each hit has a chance to activate burning light that dumps much dmg(remmeber implusion?) So much stuff in 1 skill, no wander most templars use it.

What else would you propose we use? Don’t forget one of our passives = rez speed and fills a *** soul gem. But let’s leave that out conveniently. So many forum warriors here pretending like they know what they’re talking about. Can’t wait till next patch when Magplars are back to normal, the meta hoppers can go somewhere else, and the whiners can jump on whatever kills then next.

Magplar will still be the best class next update as well. Magplar didn’t become number 1 due to buffs to the class they became number 1 because ZoS nerfed everything else. So unless ZoS plans on buffing nightblade and sorc, magplar is still going to be the way to go. D-swing is also getting nerfed so at this point ZoS is almost forcing you to play Templar because they are one of the only complete classes. They offer amazing damage that’s just as good as some of the damage focused classes while also offering the best survivability and group support. No class has currently as much to offer as a magplar.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magplar will still be the best class next update as well. Magplar didn’t become number 1 due to buffs to the class they became number 1 because ZoS nerfed everything else. So unless ZoS plans on buffing nightblade and sorc, magplar is still going to be the way to go. D-swing is also getting nerfed so at this point ZoS is almost forcing you to play Templar because they are one of the only complete classes. They offer amazing damage that’s just as good as some of the damage focused classes while also offering the best survivability and group support. No class has currently as much to offer as a magplar.

They nerfed magplar damage directly and indirectly next update. The change to dots and the change to how sweeps/jabs are calculated. Meaning Templar’s have to spread out their cp more than they had to ever before, their entire kit is pretty much dots while the spammable is now direct damage. Seems a lot of people are blindly looking over that.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the snare will only be applied to the last hit in the next big patch, which should make the skill a little more manageable now that the target isn’t being permasnared. Will actually be able to roll away and put some space between you instead of the cycle immediately repeating itself, which is obviously a losing proposition for the person on the defensive.
    Edited by wild_kmacdb16_ESO on October 2, 2019 9:35PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the snare will only be applied to the last hit in the next big patch, which should make the skill a little more manageable now that the target isn’t being permasnared. Will actually be able to roll away and put some space between you instead of the cycle immediately repeating itself, which is obviously a losing proposition for the person on the defensive.

It currently works by applying the snare to the last hit. Which for some reason a lot of people don’t seem to know that. Odds are you’re not being snared by sweeps/jabs but by ritual, hence why adding it to every hit NEXT update is redundant.

“This ability and its morphs will now snare the nearest enemy hit by 40% every time it deals damage, rather than snaring the nearest enemy hit by 70% on the final hit.” - via patch notes
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on October 2, 2019 11:56PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like resorting to jabbing someone to death. But then, my biggest weapon (dark flare) has a 1 second cast time and has to travel, making it extremely easy to dodge and easy to interrupt. Vampire's Bane doesn't work as a spammable. I'm forced to either jab you or light attack you with my sword. If ZOS made Dark Flare instant, I'd be glad to throw those at you more.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I died to jabs."

-Every pvper
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

You can go on telling yourself you're only dying to this skill because it's OP, but it has basically worked the same for years - when the only people complaining about it were templars bc/ of its ineffectiveness.

Avoiding this skill is not about dodge-rolling. Every stam spec, sorcs amd NBs can easily move circles around a templar trying to aim jabs. If you're playing a DK or templar, you better build to tank it and take the initiative away from the enemy templar. This isn't a mystery and thousands of people have been doing it just fine for years. And years ago, snare immunity was a lot worse than it is today as were speed options because this was before options like the swift trait and the inclusion of major expedition on numerous skills.

Don't put words into my mouth. I never said, jabs is op or that i'm dieing to that skill only. I'm just tired of so many templars whining how bad/easy to avoid that skill (or even the class overall) is, while cyrodiil is swarmed with jabs spammers. Magplars seem to be by far the most common (and hardest to deal with) mag class atm...

Literally the only class with a stronger magicka spec than stamina spec in open world PVP. One of a very small handful of specs that hasn't been kneecapped at any point this year. I'm loving so many magplars in Cyrodiil, getting right up in my face. I hope it lasts.

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would face a magplar any day instead of a magsorc or a magnb.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They nerfed magplar damage directly and indirectly next update. The change to dots and the change to how sweeps/jabs are calculated. Meaning Templar’s have to spread out their cp more than they had to ever before, their entire kit is pretty much dots while the spammable is now direct damage. Seems a lot of people are blindly looking over that.

Most people don’t really understand the implications of their words. They typically do not play the classes they complain about and only look at what is right in front of them and sometimes not even that. Very very few posts about balance or nerfs are made with any degree of understanding.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magplar still gonna be OP top tier next patch.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It currently works by applying the snare to the last hit. Which for some reason a lot of people don’t seem to know that. Odds are you’re not being snared by sweeps/jabs but by ritual, hence why adding it to every hit NEXT update is redundant.

“This ability and its morphs will now snare the nearest enemy hit by 40% every time it deals damage, rather than snaring the nearest enemy hit by 70% on the final hit.” - via patch notes

Simple, jabs will be 40%, ritual will be 30%/

But onto ritual its stupid that the skill is a massive aoe snare ontop of its 4 other effects.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear every time I see this thread title I think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWCIac-ChsM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to all templars out there

LEARN A DANG COMBO ALREADY!

the jab spam may be effective,
    But boy does it reflect poorly on your skill (or lack there of)

Maybe someone will be kind enough to post their combos for you to copy verbatim, just like your entire build xD

We're not out here on the streets looking for "skill" or "respect". We just use what works. Whatever makes you dead, and me not dead. How you feel about it is entirely your business, and none of mine.
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Standing there and taking the damage with a follow up on the forums is not a great combo either.

"Fatality"
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this not the case of all classes? Beside, spending much points in dots is meh for next patch, people will and should spec for direct dmg.

https://youtu.be/icKAklcUawA
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rez speed is great for team work.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    i would face a magplar any day instead of a magsorc or a magnb.

I would rather ve the second. I like to die with out snare, rather than being perma snared to death.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are op as heck right now. Literally zergs if templars in pvp on xbox.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this not the case of all classes? Beside, spending much points in dots is meh for next patch, people will and should spec for direct dmg.

Lol

• universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

What is funny?
  • Jaxin3003
    Jaxin3003
    Soul Shriven
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Dying to jab spam also says alot about a player's skill (or lack thereof).

Just sayin'

This is probably the best "jab" back at someone who obviously is looking for a nerf to jabs.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

What is funny?

Because the video tries to sell that Magplars would see a "damage increase" by taking all points out of Thaumaturge, without telling viewers that the damage from skills such as Reflective Light, Crescent Sweep, Wall of Elements, Solar Flare, etc., would all tank if they do that.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 19, 2019 1:20PM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

What is funny?

Because the video tries to sell that Magplars would see a "damage increase" by taking all points out of Thaumaturge, without telling viewers that the damage from skills such as Reflective Light, Crescent Sweep, Wall of Elements, Solar Flare, etc., would all tank if they do that.

This guys is PvPer in case you did not know. Beside, in almost nobody use sweeps in PvE in terms of end game player, they use ele weapons for range attacks. Also, dots are not as good as they are now next patch, so investing in more points in thaum is not as good anymore. Next patch, for most classes beaide DK and necromancer, most of their dmg will be from direct attacks un both PvE and PvP, templars included.

In PvP, templars only have 1 dot for for next patch atleast and that is reflecrive light. Anthropy will have its dot taken out. Tapling, sweeps, first hit of crest, purifying light are all direct dmg abilities, so it would make sense to slot for more direct dmg than dots as video mentioned.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

What is funny?

This guys is PvPer in case you did not know. Beside, in almost nobody use sweeps in PvE in terms of end game player, they use ele weapons for range attacks. Also, dots are not as good as they are now next patch, so investing in more points in thaum is not as good anymore. Next patch, for most classes beaide DK and necromancer, most of their dmg will be from direct attacks un both PvE and PvP, templars included.

In PvP, templars only have 1 dot for for next patch atleast and that is reflecrive light. Anthropy will have its dot taken out. Tapling, sweeps, first hit of crest, purifying light are all direct dmg abilities, so it would make sense to slot for more direct dmg than dots as video mentioned.

I cant picture how moving from thaum to the other tree will increase damage. Maybe in tooltip, but I doubt it's the 10% damage from the CP that gives off balance a damage boost.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

What is funny?

That's not what the "conclusion" of the video is based on. Most of us value the Reflective Dot, the pulses from Crescent Sweep, Ritual of Retribution, poisons, and some of us will still run Barrage or Soul Trap or Bats or Vamp Drain.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 19, 2019 4:44PM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

What is funny?

That's not what the "conclusion" of the video is based on. Most of us value the Reflective Dot, the pulses from Crescent Sweep, Ritual of Retribution, poisons, and some of us will still run Barrage or Soul Trap or Bats or Vamp Drain.

You can still use them and spec for dots, I'm just saying that dots next patch will not be as effective as direct dmg which is a nice thing that sweeps switch to direct dmg. Otherwise, they still be cripled by dots and can't compete with DKs and necromancers.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

Exactly, in fact magplars got a buff due to the change to jabs now being direct vs dots - CP, idk how that changes for nocp. Overall magblars magplars will still be fotm next patch.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »

Exactly, in fact magplars got a buff due to the change to jabs now being direct vs dots - CP, idk how that changes for nocp. Overall magblars magplars will still be fotm next patch.

Not much different, since there is no exploiter pasaive in no cp. Only really different is some sets will be activated by sweeps/japs and onslaught will woek on sweeps/japz if it was not already working. Also, necromancer passives will not affect sweeps/japs anymore since they are no longer considered dots. Sweeps/japs eill activated elude skill major expedition and total darkness.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can’t say it’s a buff when it’s only a buff to a particular playstyle but a nerf to every Templar that currently runs dots. Sure if you have no interests in dots it will come off as a “buff” but if you run a dot on Templar your damage is taking an L. Every damage skill on my bar is a dot and aoe & like I said most Templar abilities are considered dots. So the fact still stands that their damage is getting nerfed no matter which way you try to state it.

If you read through the comments you’ll see he says it’s a buff to HIS playstyle but everyone doesn’t play like he does. It’s misleading, let’s view everything in a vacuum because it doesn’t apply to me is basically what happened.