The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jabbed to death

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    Who needs to combo when Auroran's and Overwhelming can do all your heavy lifting. 90% of the 'plartards just Pury Light > Toppling > jabjabjabjab

True story, and it will be truer next patch. ZOS has no idea how OP some of these proc sets are, you just gotta shake your head sometimes.

Ive NEVER died fighting one or both of those sets in any bg ever.

Ergo you don't BG then lol. It's aids on magplar. The stacked damage is YUGE, not to mention you get a stun, hefty snare, AND sometimes immobilized as the icing on the cancer cake.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    [
    Why should it matter to you if Templars (o

Or is this the prelude to a 'nerf Templar' post?

If you read on in the posts you'll see I do not want any nerfing. I want people to learn combos and stop relying on spamming abilities.

And I have apparently touched a nerve with every one else. xD

I didn't realize how heavily skill spamming was relied on by so many..

I do apologize for bringing it up :P

Jabs is the easiest spammable to avoid in the game. If enemy players are going to act like a target dummy, then why should templars go through the trouble of using elaborate combos?

Yea, nothing easier to avoid than an undodgeable aoe while being perma snared and getting immob, gapcloser and cc spammed ...

According to the forums jabs and dizzy are the easiest to avoid skills in the whole game, and yet when looking ingame nobody wants to use one of the aviable alternatives - every single templar /almost all stam builds uses one of those skills (or even both in case of some stamplars). I really wonder why ..

The forums are correct. A mobile build that is disciplined in upkeeping their snare immunity is the hardest match-up for a templar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9phL-Auqu1k

What available alternative do you want magplars to use? Crushing shock? Dark Flare? LOL did ZOS ever revert the 37% or whatever it was damage nerf even though they never changed the skill's animation?

A quality opponent will dictate the initiative in a fight Vs. a templar, which templars hate because the class has very distinctive offensive/defensive phases where they're pretty much compelled to go on the defensive and stop jabbing. Getting jabbed to death (and only jabbed) means the opponent did nothing to disrupt the rhythm of the templar, which is a nice way of saying got outplayed.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 24, 2019 8:24PM
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really think anyone else would land more dmg against someone spamming roll dodge? You still got a few hits in, while others get their dmg dodged 100%. Templar is still one of the better (if not best) equipped classes to deal with roll dodge spam. Just because you don't land every single hit doesn't mean other's won't struggle just as much or even more.
    Also lol@ posting a 5s clip from years ago, when snare immunity and speed were actually good (probably still didn't save that guy from getting zerged) and before templar got multiple buffs/other classes got nerfed. But yea, i'm sure spamming RAT every 2nd GCD will work great.
    Options
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get major evasion luv
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    Who needs to combo when Auroran's and Overwhelming can do all your heavy lifting. 90% of the 'plartards just Pury Light > Toppling > jabjabjabjab

True story, and it will be truer next patch. ZOS has no idea how OP some of these proc sets are, you just gotta shake your head sometimes.

Ive NEVER died fighting one or both of those sets in any bg ever.

Yep same here. Can’t recall ever dying due to one of those sets, even when I play with new chars and not my my mains. Nothing special
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    nooo I was just killed by Crystal Frag...I stood there and got it in my face...nerf frags

nooo...I got killed by dizzy swings...I just stood there and allowed them to hit me...nerf DS

oh nooo ….I just got killed by a Warden spamming cutting Dive....I just stood there and decided not to block, roll dodge or counterattack...nerf Dive

oh nooooo...just got killed by a DK spamming whip.....I just stood there and decided to be a sitting duck...nerf Whips...

Oh noooooooo………….nerf anything that could kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been told that I only won a dual because of "whip spam" and multiple people telling me that "talons are cancer" :p
    I imagine the same thing happens if a NB uses Cloak.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    [
    Why should it matter to you if Templars (o

Or is this the prelude to a 'nerf Templar' post?

If you read on in the posts you'll see I do not want any nerfing. I want people to learn combos and stop relying on spamming abilities.

And I have apparently touched a nerve with every one else. xD

I didn't realize how heavily skill spamming was relied on by so many..

I do apologize for bringing it up :P

Jabs is the easiest spammable to avoid in the game. If enemy players are going to act like a target dummy, then why should templars go through the trouble of using elaborate combos?

Yea, nothing easier to avoid than an undodgeable aoe while being perma snared and getting immob, gapcloser and cc spammed ...

According to the forums jabs and dizzy are the easiest to avoid skills in the whole game, and yet when looking ingame nobody wants to use one of the aviable alternatives - every single templar /almost all stam builds uses one of those skills (or even both in case of some stamplars). I really wonder why ..

The counter to jabs is just hold the right mouse buton, then click the left mouse button
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    nooo I was just killed by Crystal Frag...I stood there and got it in my face...nerf frags

nooo...I got killed by dizzy swings...I just stood there and allowed them to hit me...nerf DS

oh nooo ….I just got killed by a Warden spamming cutting Dive....I just stood there and decided not to block, roll dodge or counterattack...nerf Dive

oh nooooo...just got killed by a DK spamming whip.....I just stood there and decided to be a sitting duck...nerf Whips...

Oh noooooooo………….nerf anything that could kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been told that I only won a dual because of "whip spam" and multiple people telling me that "talons are cancer" :p
    I imagine the same thing happens if a NB uses Cloak.

once a guy told me about my "excess of cloaking"... on a LA mageblade... I didn't dignified that with an answer

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really think anyone else would land more dmg against someone spamming roll dodge? You still got a few hits in, while others get their dmg dodged 100%. Templar is still one of the better (if not best) equipped classes to deal with roll dodge spam. Just because you don't land every single hit doesn't mean other's won't struggle just as much or even more.
    Also lol@ posting a 5s clip from years ago, when snare immunity and speed were actually good (probably still didn't save that guy from getting zerged) and before templar got multiple buffs/other classes got nerfed. But yea, i'm sure spamming RAT every 2nd GCD will work great.

You can go on telling yourself you're only dying to this skill because it's OP, but it has basically worked the same for years - when the only people complaining about it were templars bc/ of its ineffectiveness.

Avoiding this skill is not about dodge-rolling. Every stam spec, sorcs amd NBs can easily move circles around a templar trying to aim jabs. If you're playing a DK or templar, you better build to tank it and take the initiative away from the enemy templar. This isn't a mystery and thousands of people have been doing it just fine for years. And years ago, snare immunity was a lot worse than it is today as were speed options because this was before options like the swift trait and the inclusion of major expedition on numerous skills.

Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashcan alert.
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s say Templar’s are the best suited for dodge rollers . Do you know why that is ? Because if you played long enough you’d know why and wouldn’t make that an argument point.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you advocates explain how to avoid such an onslaught?

I've tried everything I can but nothing seems effective as a permanent solution.. sure I've been able to avoid them some times

And contrary to some beliefs I find it very hard to believe anyone just stands there and "takes it" as a "target dummy"

When i can only move at 50% speed and I've got a full speed templar on my tail spamming an attack that causes my speed reduction..
    I can see why they would think the persons just standing there
    Please tell me..how do you remedy this?

Well, here is my perspective as a stamblade.

Sometimes I’ll use drain shot to back them off and cast shuffle to remove snare if need be then vigor to get HP back up if drain shot didn’t already do so. I also juke really well with cloak and make it look like I’m going one way but quickly turn and go another way. By the time they break free and get back to you they can spam Jabs all they want and won’t hit you. Just watch for detection pots. Shouldn’t have to worry about mage light or anything as the range is small anyways and you should of already repositioned.

Also I find dodge rolling through them instead of standing there screws a lot of them up.

Seeing as I have 6 pieces of medium on me I get quite a bit of immunity to snares and I’ll pop shuffle more often just so I’m not locked down so bad. I have good recovery and control over my stamina so I don’t run out because of it, though be careful because it is expensive. I don’t suggest casting more than needed, 2 back to back (6 seconds in between I mean) is a massive 12 seconds immunity anyways so you shouldn’t have to cast more than that.

Also nice to have vigor going before you even need it to counter the incoming damage a bit while damaging the Templar back and forcing them to go defensive.

As a wood elf I also have good mobility and ability to get out of situations because of that little bit of extra speed to add to the dodge roll with bow in hand due to racial passive. If I’m feeling frisky I’ll go steed and troll king for even more speed and even more recovery to help keep HP up. Normally I play with Storm fist. It’s just satisfying lol.

I’m sure others have tactics they use as well that differ from mine. The above just happens to work for me.

Good luck out there!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Deepseamk

That sounds allot like what I try to do. Minus the shuffle, I'll have to incorporate it into the mix

Thanks for the advice!
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    to all templars out there

LEARN A DANG COMBO ALREADY!

the jab spam may be effective,
    But boy does it reflect poorly on your skill (or lack there of)

Big gains for low risk and low effort, you think they care how it reflects on them? Let's be real, they'll keep doing it until it gets nerfed.

So then why not play one @vestahls ill guarantee you that all of a sudden you’ll wonder why it’s not working so well. If you’re a Templar you also fight against jabs as a Stamplar I’ve got access to the same heals as every other stam class, worse than some, I don’t ever have a problem with it. If you’re dying to someone spamming jabs you are just bad, that’s all there is to it. It’s our spammable, and I’ll bet anything you couldn’t do *** with it against a decent player.

To the OP good on for what to learn, but it really depends on your class. As a stamina Templar if I get stuck down and someone starts jabbing me I just double down on defense. Pop my vigor, snare removal and try to get out of range. Before turning on my own offense. If they’re really sticking with me I’ll CC to get a break. Spamming jabs drains resources fast so know that they can’t keep it up and if they do their resources will be low. If I’m on my mag DK vs a stamplar I usually make strategic use of heals, block and make sure my dots are on them so that they can’t go all out. Fossilize puts a hell of a drain on their stam after some jabbing. Then it’s time to turn the fight around. Snare removal is key again and the expedition from race against time is very helpful. Try moving or dodge rolling through your target to come up behind them out of reach of the jabs cone. Also getting swarmed by four of any enemy is bad news. Nothing Templar specific. If you see a Templar randomly jabbing their either trying to pop someone from stealth or just having fun heading out of the starting area or something. Honestly though people need to stop making salty threads about skills unless you can bring in some specific evidence that it’s over performing. One round of jabs probably delivers about 4K damage after mitigation give or take. That’s over the course of 1.1 seconds. Any other spammable will hit just as hard or harder instant cast or as timed damage with other skills.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 25, 2019 12:58AM
    Options
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to all templars out there

LEARN A DANG COMBO ALREADY!

the jab spam may be effective,
    But boy does it reflect poorly on your skill (or lack there of)

Maybe someone will be kind enough to post their combos for you to copy verbatim, just like your entire build xD

I had a combo but now dswing is getting nerfed so i replaced it with turn evil..Enjoy my spammable spam
    Options
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play a bit of both and you'll see why you sometimes end up with just repeated jabs on your recap. (Jabs having a fun animation explains the random jabbing? I'unno)

Casting Shadowy forces misses on light attacks and AOE breaks cloak. Weaving animation cancels the light attacks and so it just looks like only jabs and you never see or get hit by the light attacks when spamming Shadowy.

If you're decently experienced with Cloak you should know roughly the area where a recently cloaked NB probably would go. NBs often juke on the first cast of Cloak as well and that also limits the search area. Jabs can cover a decent portion of that area and once the 70% snare hits....

Basically it is a game of battleship that is decently in the Templar's favor. Building into defensive sets will reduce the Templar's advantage and give more chances for a successful juke but will ofc reduce your ability to avoid stalemates in general.

Other conic AOEs have very similar dynamics vs. Shadowy Disguise.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Dying to jab spam also says alot about a player's skill (or lack thereof).

Just sayin'

Fair enough, I did say it's effective albeit skill-less.

I have watched a number of templars in bgs running around hitting jab for no apparent reason other then they had stamina or magika .. literally no enemy in sight and they are still spamming.. or they start their spam a good 10meters from their target and continue through till they are out of mana.
    I am not saying all are this way, I've come across templars who had insane combos that dropped everyone in moments, they used jabs also. But they used it with other skills.. Lunging around with jabs just looks silly.

Ive got nothing against the skill mind you, (and DO NOT endorse any more nerfing of any skill for any class etc it's ruining the game imo)..

But when your swarmed by four templars with thier jab spams it is quite difficult to get away unscathed, even for seasoned players I'm sure.

So again I ask where is the joy in spamming, any skill for that matter? personally I don't see it..

As for template build.. if your capable of getting kills as a carbon copy of some YouTube dude should you be proud of that? Was it your doing? Or was it jimmy video stars?

Be proud of your own builds, not some cut and paste from the internet.

Be proud of figuring things out on your own!

Disclosure
    (If this topic comes on as a personal attack to anyone, I want them to look at it like this.. I am trying to light a fire under your bums to get you to learn combo's learn gear sets and be original)

(I do look back at my original post and it does come off a bit sour, and I apologize for that xD, it was directed towards templars alone, and that was wrong. Skill spamming is a problem for all classes.
    Templars were just fresh in my mind from bgs lol)

(My stance on carbon copies stays the same, don't take credit or "fame" for something you didn't create.)

(Aside from the response to the last message, do not take any of this personally)

3bhn6p.jpg

Edit: yeah yeah, i know Mr. Howard has nothing to do with it. But the meme... it just works
    Edited by Knootewoot on September 25, 2019 6:43AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can go on telling yourself you're only dying to this skill because it's OP, but it has basically worked the same for years - when the only people complaining about it were templars bc/ of its ineffectiveness.

Avoiding this skill is not about dodge-rolling. Every stam spec, sorcs amd NBs can easily move circles around a templar trying to aim jabs. If you're playing a DK or templar, you better build to tank it and take the initiative away from the enemy templar. This isn't a mystery and thousands of people have been doing it just fine for years. And years ago, snare immunity was a lot worse than it is today as were speed options because this was before options like the swift trait and the inclusion of major expedition on numerous skills.

Don't put words into my mouth. I never said, jabs is op or that i'm dieing to that skill only. I'm just tired of so many templars whining how bad/easy to avoid that skill (or even the class overall) is, while cyrodiil is swarmed with jabs spammers. Magplars seem to be by far the most common (and hardest to deal with) mag class atm and they all use jabs. And every stam class - but stamplar! - is using dizzy as their spammable. It just doesn't match.

Given current templar's toolkit - with plenty of snares, cc and immob - jabs isn't easier to avoid than many other skills, while also more impactful than most other spammable skills when it lands.
    Options
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    So then why not play one @vestahls ill guarantee you that all of a sudden you’ll wonder why it’s not working so well. If you’re a Templar you also fight against jabs as a Stamplar I’ve got access to the same heals as every other stam class, worse than some, I don’t ever have a problem with it. If you’re dying to someone spamming jabs you are just bad, that’s all there is to it. It’s our spammable, and I’ll bet anything you couldn’t do *** with it against a decent player.

Yawn.
    You're max a couple of patches away from getting nerfed, better get used to the idea.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't put words into my mouth. I never said, jabs is op or that i'm dieing to that skill only. I'm just tired of so many templars whining how bad/easy to avoid that skill (or even the class overall) is, while cyrodiil is swarmed with jabs spammers. Magplars seem to be by far the most common (and hardest to deal with) mag class atm and they all use jabs. And every stam class - but stamplar! - is using dizzy as their spammable. It just doesn't match.

Given current templar's toolkit - with plenty of snares, cc and immob - jabs isn't easier to avoid than many other skills, while also more impactful than most other spammable skills when it lands.

It’s common because it’s currently meta , of course you’re going to see Templar’s. And as long as they are seen as the healing /support class you’ll still see them. It’s funny that so many people complain about sweeps but don’t remember why they are using sweeps AGAIN after many Templar’s not even slotting the skill for a long time. Somehow those people forget Templar’s using crushing shock and buffed “light attacks” for a spammable. They don’t recall why certain skills in their toolkit can no longer be dodged. They don’t even know why the class has so many snares now even if actual Templar’s don’t even like them.

The truth is every little buff Templar’s get is seen as game breaking, some are over the top and some aren’t even close. Templar’s have gotten call for nerfs even when the class was considered unplayable but they could heal , so you know what nerf that.

if you guys are going to complain or make points , at least understand where the class has been and why it’s at its current stage.

Edited by BaiterOfZergs on September 25, 2019 5:43PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deepseamk

That sounds allot like what I try to do. Minus the shuffle, I'll have to incorporate it into the mix

Thanks for the advice!

The snare immunity from shuffle is HUGE so I’d say give it a go. Also LoS when possible and setup stub/burst combos for when they turn the corner. Another thing that may interest you is escapist poisons. Removes controlling effects and makes you immune for a few seconds plus snares enemy and gives you major expedition.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth is every little buff Templar’s get is seen as game breaking, some are over the top and some aren’t even close. Templar’s have gotten call for nerfs even when the class was considered unplayable but they could heal , so you know what nerf that.

if you guys are going to complain or make points , at least understand where the class has been and why it’s at its current stage.

With that mindset - justifying current imbalance with past imbalance - balance will never improve. It is also like asking to give templar more time of being op before nerfing it into the trash again so something else can take it's place.

Also every class gets complained about once in a while and at least for the past 2 years templar wasn't on top of the "nerf pls" wish list (not that this has any relevance but w/e).
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's a little phenomenon regarding temps in Cyro: they were so bad some patches ago that few people played them. They got some buffs and now the popultaion has increased, but it's just novelty and few people knows how to deal with them.

Something similar happened with DKs before the wings buff patch. People KNEW how to deal with DKs when they were able to reflect even meteors. During a couple of years few dare to use DKs, so when they got back, all the guys that didn't have the experience on how to deal with them started to ask for nerfs

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With that mindset - justifying current imbalance with past imbalance - balance will never improve. It is also like asking to give templar more time of being op before nerfing it into the trash again so something else can take it's place.

Also every class gets complained about once in a while and at least for the past 2 years templar wasn't on top of the "nerf pls" wish list (not that this has any relevance but w/e).

Sweeps/jabs aren’t imbalanced. Nor did I justify any type of imbalance...the point was obviously no matter the buff it’s seen as the end of the world even if it’s useless/redundant.

What is exactly OP about Templar this update that they didn’t already have last update. Living dark ? The things that need to be looked at about the class doesn’t even get mentioned because you guys hop on this groupthink wave and point the finger at the same thing. Toppling charge, ROR (ror finally got touched) and buggy javelin are the real skills that need to be looked at. You can say living dark but let’s be honest here there will still be complaints about Templar’s staying alive without it. All that did was add more fuel to the fire.

Templar’s have been in nerf talks consistently because of healing since the game came out and even faced nerfs when the issues didn’t even have anything to do with the class multiple times.

The community is filled with people that’ll say nerf Templar or DK when heavy armor is the issue. And because of that mindset zos ends up throwing a broad hammer to everything because the feedback is either inaccurate or too broad.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on September 25, 2019 8:49PM
    Options
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have watched a number of templars in bgs running around hitting jab for no apparent reason other then they had stamina or magika .. literally no enemy in sight and they are still spamming.. or they start their spam a good 10meters from their target and continue through till they are out of mana.

If you see me hitting no-target jabs in Cyro, it means that my bar-switch failed and I was trying to cast Honor the Dead. ;)

Also, if they would rebuff those skills I'd be happy to precede jabs with Wall of Elements and Solar Barrage.

Edited by Imryll on September 25, 2019 9:44PM
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you advocates explain how to avoid such an onslaught?

I've tried everything I can but nothing seems effective as a permanent solution.. sure I've been able to avoid them some times

And contrary to some beliefs I find it very hard to believe anyone just stands there and "takes it" as a "target dummy"

When i can only move at 50% speed and I've got a full speed templar on my tail spamming an attack that causes my speed reduction..
    I can see why they would think the persons just standing there
    Please tell me..how do you remedy this?

Only way to kill jabbers is to jabb them back as well. You can either use templar jabs or dual wield jabs, both work very well.
    Options
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    For some players thats all it takes to kill them. But players that actually only use jabs will probably get rolled by any player on a decent build take the salt somewhere else op. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill
    Options
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would like to add, is that besides using using Sweeps or Jabs to find NBs, it, gives Minor Protection.
    BGs on PC/NA...you either get pre made teams that stick together..or you get a round with players stealthing--all classes are doing it now- -to try and hit you with Onslaught usually. Battlegounds on PC NA are particularly brutal atm, I'd go back to Sorc Zoo in a heartbeat lol.

In open World CP pvp, when I die to jabs, it is usaually because there is 3+ on me and I got repeat CC'd. Generally though I spam RAT and immovables and am able to LOS.
    Edited by Hexquisite on September 29, 2019 7:27PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets not forget burning light and spear wall and piercing spear passives. You get so much buffs and debuffs just by spaming your spammable, which remind of surprise attack pre-major fracture nerf. Jab hit 4 times, each hit has a chance to activate burning light that dumps much dmg(remmeber implusion?) So much stuff in 1 skill, no wander most templars use it.
    Options
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    Its how it is...

I can log on my magplar and get a very convincing score in BG with just 3 skills and mostly just sweeps or i can log on my magcrow and get only assist and few kills.

My magplay is beating my magcrow in all aspekts. More dmg, more support, more heal and only using front bar.
    Edited by festher on September 29, 2019 9:28AM
    Options