Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Battlegrounds] Feedback

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
ZoS you have to bring back the BG type selection before the population disappear.

In the future you can add voting before the Battleground starts, people can choose the type and then we play the most votes. This is really important as some players just skip objectives as they want deathmatch and then even if you want to play the gamemode it is very difficult. Most of the BG types are not optimal for 3 teams.
**************************************OLD FEEDBACK **************************************

Pros:
  • Instant queue - this is amazing

Cons:
  • Bad matchmaking (I hope once the MMR settles down that the matchmaking will improve. I just dont want the queue time to be increased tremendously)

I will give more feedback after I play a little bit more games.

**************************************OLD FEEDBACK **************************************

[Deathmatch mode]
So far I played more than 70 games. And overall I am happy with the patch.

Pros
  • So far I didnt play against a single full premade. A few times against duos (not a big deal) and max 5 times vs trios.
  • Queue time was really good. Average 5 minutes. Some games I needed 10 minutes, others 1-2 minutes
  • Not so many roots and snares as it used to be
  • Not so many sorcs pets .

Cons
  • Health desync bug

Bugs
  • Health desync
  • Warden healing pull doesnt work when the skill connect but the player move behind an object

Maps
The redesign of the old maps was extremely bad. I really cannot understand why ZoS did that. I have absolutely no idea. I really doubt that the big maps were causing some performance issues as the BGs has no lag and no PFS drops.

Balance
  • Templars are a little bit overperforming. The class can make some bad players to look descent. Their tool to counter dots and direct damage makes them OP.
  • All ground targeting skills are very clunky to be used in PvP. It is even frustrating.
  • Probably Sorcs were overnerfed
  • Healing changes work really well in group fights. Before the patch you could tank one group and kill some players from the weaker group. Now is way more balanced and more strategy is involved
Other thoughts
I have bad time when I have NBs in my team who are not healers or WW players who rush because of the timer

Key to be successful
  • Stay with your group
  • Dont chase
  • Dont be selfish. 1 mil dps and 500k healing is way better than 1.3mil dps and no healing

Edited by Bashev on November 8, 2020 10:45PM
Because I can!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree for the most part. Aside from Templars it’s wardens and DKs who’ve benefitted most from the changes.

So while you may be happy with defensive nerfs because of strong class defense other classes are not in a similar situation.

From what I’ve seen the winning team in pvp are all Wardens, Templars and DKs. With every person on your team who isn’t one of those classes your chances of winning drops.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 22, 2019 2:09PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Agree for the most part. Aside from Templars it’s wardens and DKs who’ve benefitted most from the changes.

So while you may be happy with defensive nerfs because of strong class defense other classes are not in a similar situation.

From what I’ve seen the winning team in pvp are all Wardens, Templars and DKs. With every person on your team who isn’t one of those classes your chances of winning drops.

I agree that Wardens, Templars and DKs are the best for BGs.

But I still think that bad Templars could look like a descent players while this is not the case with DKs and Wardens.
    Because I can!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

I agree that Wardens, Templars and DKs are the best for BGs.

But I still think that bad Templars could look like a descent players while this is not the case with DKs and Wardens.

Maybe yea. I saw more Stamplars than Magplars when I was doing BGs. Stamplars seemed crazy strong so I could see Magplars being the same.

You have more experience than me. Post patch my build wasn’t working so I’ve been taking a mini break and am back at the drawing board. I haven’t done a BG in over a week and have only done about 10.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 22, 2019 2:47PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just had a BG with 9 templars from 12 players.

Templars looks like are the new Sorcs.
    Because I can!
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a BG with 9 templars from 12 players.

Templars looks like are the new Sorcs.
    Indeed. As I said in another thread, I saw more Stamina Templar in BGs on the first day Scalebreaker came out than I had in a really long time. The cleanse being a counter for the supposed "DOT Meta" is part of that, I'm sure, but I think it also has to do with the large nerfs to defense - especially for most magicka builds. The damage output on both Templar specs is pretty insane right now; Jabs/Sweeps is doing more damage in 1.1 seconds than the allegedly meta Magicka-based DOTs are doing over half (or more) of their duration, and Crescent Sweep's damage is incredible for how cheap it is.

Living Dark means that Magicka Templars tend to be more annoying than Stamina Templars, but for an offensive role I think Stam is probably stronger overall right now. The extra mobility and potential to dodge spam when under pressure is better than trying to tank and spam Breath of Life right now.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea battlegrounds are decent ... but only before peak hours.

I really find the whole premade thing extremely annoying. You win 2-3 games in roll and here we go, you get to spend your next 10 games against the same premade team. Honestly these people should just get their own q and go play against other premades. There is no way 4 random people can compete with that, and in some cases when you win, it's just because the premades are extremely bad.

I mean i can't be the only one noticing this. You win a couple of games and bam have fun for the rest of the day going against the same 4 people. Because 4 random people can clearly outperform a team of discord elitists.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I can say that the standard Sorcs builds are mostly a liability in BGs and they join the NBs as not so desired class as a teammate.

Basically DKs, Wardens and Templars are the best classes for deathmatch BGs.
    Because I can!
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I cannot agree.

Prior to this patch there were a good variety of builds mixed in BGs. Now you see the same three dominating among the players. If I see one more Warden with Dizzying Swing, I am going to scream. It has become a cluster of Templars, Wardens and DKs. To make matters worse, they are all using the exact same builds.

Furthermore, no matter what class or if you have a stamina or magicka build it seems EVERYONE is running with Soul Trap (or it's morphs). This just shows how stupidly it was over-tuned.

The changes to throwing everyone in a small arena in certain modes is a complete joke.

And I won't even touch on the non-stop CCs and fear running rampant now in BGs. I have no idea what the OP is referring to as less roots and snares. It is a complete mess now.

This wasn't a balance patch. This patch messed up a lot of what was fun about BGs.
    Edited by Wayshuba on August 27, 2019 1:51AM
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    I love how nobody has mentioned the damn bug that prevents BGs from even starting... I can hardly get into enough BGs to form an opinion to complain about. Smh
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »
    I love how nobody has mentioned the damn bug that prevents BGs from even starting... I can hardly get into enough BGs to form an opinion to complain about. Smh

From around 100 games i had that bug only once. And once we had a 5 min delay. But it worked at the end.
    Because I can!
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From around 100 games i had that bug only once. And once we had a 5 min delay. But it worked at the end.

I've had it twice in the last 7 or 8 games.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What platform? I play EU PC. Also the queue times are really good.
    Because I can!
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What platform? I play EU PC. Also the queue times are really good.

NA PC. Queue times are great, but it sucks if you have to eat a 20 minute penalty timer because the match never started.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam players have a really hard time to support teammates now since vigor only heals them self and is not a smart heal like rapid regen. They have to purely rely on their class skills if they want to heal someone else.

Yes, echoing vigor is a skill but i really would not dare to use this skill if i do not know if my team also has heals for me to counter the lower self healing.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Stam players have a really hard time to support teammates now since vigor only heals them self and is not a smart heal like rapid regen. They have to purely rely on their class skills if they want to heal someone else.

Yes, echoing vigor is a skill but i really would not dare to use this skill if i do not know if my team also has heals for me to counter the lower self healing.
    "Smart" targeting actually isn't very smart at all. The other day I was capturing a flag in Arcane University with 2 of my teammates, when the last teammate fell from up top and landed nearby. An enemy player jumped down after him, landed a stun, and started dumping damage into him. I was looking right at this player, and well within range, but both of my Rapid Regen casts went to the two teammates standing behind me at the flag...both of whom were full health and not in combat.

Then there are all the times I'm actively being focus fired, barely hanging on by a thread (and oftentimes only being able to by burning up all my Stamina on dodging and/or blocking), only to watch my Rapid Regens going to friendly players who are not only barely scratched, but also aren't even trying to help take any of the pressure off me. I think most Stamina players - at least those who aren't premading 24/7 - would be rather upset if the functionality of Vigor and Rapid Regen were switched.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. Many. Templars. :|

Living Dark has to be one of the most frustrating skills to play against in recent memory. It would be fine in isolation, but when 9/12 players in a BG are activating it constantly... you’re basically going to spend most of your time immobilized.

Sigh. I’m so tired of ZOS’s inability to balance PVP, and how obvious their marketing ploys are. OF COURSE skill line purchases coincide with the launch of yet another OP skill... “Don’t have a Templar? Act now! For 3k Crowns per skill line, you too can coast through the DOT meta on a purging bubble bot!”

Back to playing other games I go. :| I spent most of my gaming time today trying, in vain, to have fun in Immobilizegrounds. And people thought that the frost blockade meta was bad...
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One nice addition could be, when you enter in a BG the ultimate counter is reset.
    Because I can!
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Next patch mag Sorcs will be back as one of the best classes for deathmatch BGs. I can even see the threads nerf matriarch healing and BoL.
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this is a BG Feedback thread I´d like to voice some opinions regarding Capture the Relic:

The issues:
    • Currently the game mode encourage/reward players to play extremely defensive. Having 2-3 healbots/tank guarding their relic makes the game-mode very frusttrating and often ends in somewhat of a stalemate where all 3 teams just play defensive. And with how easy it is to interrupt someone trying to take a relic, there´s little to no initiative to go for the relics.
    • An old bug where if you die while trying to pick up the relic, you´ll respawn with the relic at your own base. This happens in chaos ball as well. I´ve started to see more and more people knowingly abuse this bug.

Suggestions:
    • Make capture the relic work more like chaos ball. 30 seconds into the game, the relic will spawn randomly on the map. This can be in any location of the map, or have a few specific spots where they can spawn. Your team will have to get to the relic first and bring it back to your base. This resolves the issue of having 2-3 people camp their base. If the relic isn´t picked up within a certain timelimit, it will relocate to another location. After a while into the game, 2 relics will spawn, and the teams will have to play more tactically on which relic they want to go for.
      A rework like this obviously suits mobile setups (such as stamsorcs) more than others. To balance it out a bit more, all movement speed bonuses are cut in half while carrying the relic.

While the suggestion might not be perfect, I think capture the relic needs a serious rework.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing there is new aaf for fallout4.

New things to see.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    Yea battlegrounds are decent ... but only before peak hours.

I really find the whole premade thing extremely annoying. You win 2-3 games in roll and here we go, you get to spend your next 10 games against the same premade team. Honestly these people should just get their own q and go play against other premades. There is no way 4 random people can compete with that, and in some cases when you win, it's just because the premades are extremely bad.

I mean i can't be the only one noticing this. You win a couple of games and bam have fun for the rest of the day going against the same 4 people. Because 4 random people can clearly outperform a team of discord elitists.

I totally agree and yesterday was a prima example. I'm no PvP expert...quite the opposite actually. When I'm in a random groups fight random groups I tend to get a 2.5:1 ratio in terms of kills/deaths.
    Last night that flipped to roughly 1:3 when we started hitting premades...sooo frustrating
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far I really enjoy the instant queue. The matchmaking balance is not great and one good player make the whole game a domination for his/her team.
    Because I can!
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I really enjoy the instant queue. The matchmaking balance is not great and one good player make the whole game a domination for his/her team.
    MMR got reset with this patch, so everyone is thrown in together. If you happen to get a team of "potatoes" vs a team with a couple decent players and/or better potatoes, it's a slaughterhouse. I had one game with two people on my team that were under 160 CP, and they'd die instantly in every engagement.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played about 6-7 games yesterday and I'm not 100% convinced that MMR got reset properly. In those 6-7 games I played I was up against more or less the same players in every match. With MMR being reset I kinda expected to be paired vs different players in each match. My initial guess is that the amount of players queueing wasn't too high due to the issues with downloading the patch, but we'll see.
    Edited by Qbiken on February 25, 2020 9:48AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10 games so far and there is max 1 player except me who cross heals. Also half of the players are NBs and Sorcs. Once I go in the higher MMR I guess this will change.
    Because I can!
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't care about the class match ups. Not to mention it is day 2 and the MMR hasn't sorted players out. Top and decent performing regulars of BGs are still doing extremely well. And in some cases they actually turn the fight.

Fights feel unorganized and frantic. A lot of 1v1 or 1v2 match ups which actually has been pretty damn fun. But every once in awhile you're with a group or go up against one who play like a premade from before.

I've actually see some group compositions that synergize well. Then I've seen groups where there's too much defense and not enough damage. The most common thing I see is the lack of cross/team healing. In fact, I see people not even healing themselves. lol

The most beneficial thing about this all is the queue time. I love that part.

Let's give it a few more weeks and let ZoS collect the data to see if this is a thing that stays or goes.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a very large amount of the players are unable to play properly because the game is locking out skills and making combinations of skill for burst no longer a thing, this is going to heavily favor class builds than can just heal in response to the one ability at a time combat which is now taking place, templar warden will wreck because I say this as somebody with a frost warden.. they are one button killers, it matters less that combat is broken when all you need to do is jab or press northern storm to kill or Icy/breath spam for incoming.

It's going to be tank meta AF because nobody can dps properly anymore, making being un-killable with a damage return set on a totally viable strategy. Medium armor class was suffering a bit before, if things don't function properly soon it will be pushed out of the game. I have high confidence that this will be fixed however and than we can have more informed view of what bg meta will look like
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    Also a very large amount of the players are unable to play properly because the game is locking out skills and making combinations of skill for burst no longer a thing, this is going to heavily favor class builds than can just heal in response to the one ability at a time combat which is now taking place, templar warden will wreck because I say this as somebody with a frost warden.. they are one button killers, it matters less that combat is broken when all you need to do is jab or press northern storm to kill or Icy/breath spam for incoming.

It's going to be tank meta AF because nobody can dps properly anymore, making being un-killable with a damage return set on a totally viable strategy. Medium armor class was suffering a bit before, if things don't function properly soon it will be pushed out of the game. I have high confidence that this will be fixed however and than we can have more informed view of what bg meta will look like

I have no idea what are these issues. I have never experience them so I cannot say that.

I just noticed that the Sorc numbers at least doubled if not more compared to the previous patch.
    Because I can!
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »

I have no idea what are these issues. I have never experience them so I cannot say that.

I just noticed that the Sorc numbers at least doubled if not more compared to the previous patch.

And templards. All I see now is Magick Sorc, Magick Templards, Magick Nightblardes, and the random warden that won't die but does max damage to everyone else.

Dont blame them, I'm a stam user, takes effort to get to one of these magicka users, has infinite shield, amazing heals, push backs, and can kill you with simple light attacks. It's like hitting a brick wall
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention, a strange delay I never experienced before the patch, my executioner isnt working even though I'm face planted onto them.