Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veiled Heritance and other nerfed sets

juhislihis19
juhislihis19
✭✭✭✭
Hey,

so few months back Fury, Ravager etc. weapon damage sets were in due for a nerf. They nerfed Fury by lowering the stacks and decreasing the weapon damage. Seems fine, it's still very viable set. 7th changed, still very much used.

Ravager's 5th bonus was switched to increase weapon damage when you reduce enemy's resistances, fine. Still somewhat usable for sDK, maybe Nightblades? Truth was untouched, which was nice.

Armor of the Veiled Heritance's 5th bonus used to be "Increase weapon damage by 450 for 10 seconds when you deal damage" and the proc chance was 8% if I remember correct. Can't remember the exact stats but you get the point. This set 5th bonus was changed to " When you interrupt an enemy, you gain 400 Weapon Damage for 15 seconds".

Now hold on, this 5th bonus is now absolutely useless for PVP or even PVE. Interrupting is impossible in PVP, and 400 weapon damage for that isn't a lot. ESPECIALLY now that ZOS is releasing a new craftable set that increases weapon damage a flat 480.

Veiled Heritance wasn't that much used compared to 7th, Fury or even Ravager so I'm baffled by this set nerf? It was fun to use. Any chance to revert the changes?

Which other sets You think have been nerfed and should be look at again?
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if it was nerfed, but Modulkin needs a 50% proc chance like Thunderbug.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think adjustment are OK but tying veiled heritance to interrupt was a bit silly. The number of usable sets should increase not decrease.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think adjustment are OK but tying veiled heritance to interrupt was a bit silly. The number of usable sets should increase not decrease.

Completely agree. It makes the set unusable in about 90% of PVE content. A boss need to cast an ability or wind up for a heavy attack (which bosses never do) that you can interrupt. Might as well run a 4 piece. PVP? LOL.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now hold on, this 5th bonus is now absolutely useless for PVP or even PVE. Interrupting is impossible in PVP
    Why you think so?
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't give this stuff away. No one want to buy any of it anymore.
    So useless.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now hold on, this 5th bonus is now absolutely useless for PVP or even PVE. Interrupting is impossible in PVP
    Why you think so?

PVP is fast paced, interrupting an enemy is so very marginal. And the reward for such, 400 WD, is not worth the hassle to be honest. Not when you can choose so many other sets instead.. I guess you could proc this new Veiled set by stalking players resurrecting others heh..

I remember when people said Fury, Ravager etc. needs a nerf but I honestly never saw anyone have a problem with Veiled Heritance. The weapon damage bonus of it wasn't as high as the others so it should've been left untouched like Truth.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think Fury got buffed? its 600wd instead 750 but just needs to proc from damage now instead taking crit damage.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    i think Fury got buffed? its 600wd instead 750 but just needs to proc from damage now instead taking crit damage.

It's a huge buff for PvE, it actually works now.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

ESPECIALLY now that ZOS is releasing a new craftable set that increases weapon damage a flat 480.

That's the point - they make a place for new sets. They nerf old sets to make you buy new dlcs and grind again. Every publisher is doing that and drama nerfqueens are clapping. Fury, 7th and Ravager are garbage right now in no-CP.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Hey,

ESPECIALLY now that ZOS is releasing a new craftable set that increases weapon damage a flat 480.

That's the point - they make a place for new sets. They nerf old sets to make you buy new dlcs and grind again. Every publisher is doing that and drama nerfqueens are clapping. Fury, 7th and Ravager are garbage right now in no-CP.

im pretty sure this isnt the case in this game.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

It's not really. Though, older sets that were overperforming are the first to go on the block. New sets that might be overtuned tend to get to live because the community hasn't managed to break them yet. So, there's a little bit of that, but it's not really manipulative. More a function of balance adjustments.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They also destroyed inmortal warrior, without any good reason :s
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    I am not sure if it was nerfed, but Modulkin needs a 50% proc chance like Thunderbug.

I remember designing a character around this set once and scrapping the entire idea because the proc rate on this set was so terrible. Anything that is a 10% proc rate on light attacks or heavy attacks is bad. It's basically a 1 in 10 chance every second of combat, and when most overland combat encounters don't last more than 10 seconds, the odds of you never seeing it in an encounter (or it proccing after you don't need it) is high. You can get some mileage out of it with world bosses, but other than that? It's just bad.

I'd switch it to 50% on a fully-powered heavy attack or something so the player can control somewhat when the weapon spawns out.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to revive this thread because in spite of all the bugs going on like my Orcs not having their passives in non-cp, crazy stuttering being experienced and so many other things, the Veiled Heritance nerf was the least thought through of them all.

I used it in PvE and pvp. The proc was ultra reliable, if they wanted to nerf it they could've dropped the bonus to 350 like 7th, since it's easy to keep an almost 100% uptime and that it costs no extra resources to proc makes up for the fact that it would be lacking the extra 350 health recovery.

All in all, they just made this set completely useless and all the gold gear I hold makes this change irritate me even further.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also still upset about what they did to Sunderflame and NMG.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in order to appreciate how good sets like spriggan, 7th, and fury are... you must have terrible sets like veiled.

think about it.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a full set of Veiled Heritance, key work is "Had" I needed space and this set is no longer viable. Why they drop nerf hammers like this is beyond me, kinda irritated really because I've now wasted transmute crystals and gold plating resources.

The Grind is real

~ Cheers
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @I_am_Groot, never use platings. Upgrading jewelry is the least efficient means of gear advancement. Also don't upgrade your armor to gold unless the cost is trivial to you. The only thing you need to worry about is golding out your weapons.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Immortal, Eternal, and Pheonix were always kinda flaky in PvE. Immortal was always, kinda, the junky cousin to Eternal anyway.
  • SeveN085
    SeveN085
    ✭✭✭
    Ravager and 7th reworks were decent, but it's clear as sun they didn't have any idea what to do about Veiled, so they gave it trash 5th bonus to kill off this set and be done with it.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veiled needs rework so bad, it was decent pvp/pve set that went into oblivion for even no real reason.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Immortal, Eternal, and Pheonix were always kinda flaky in PvE. Immortal was always, kinda, the junky cousin to Eternal anyway.

So true. Immortal never made any sense to me. It dropped in the same places as Eternal, yet was unquestionably worse. I would put it in the same category as Quick Serpent, but at least Quick Serpent had some arguable [very, very little] PVP utility.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy New Moon Acolyte. Problem solved.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @I_am_Groot, never use platings. Upgrading jewelry is the least efficient means of gear advancement. Also don't upgrade your armor to gold unless the cost is trivial to you. The only thing you need to worry about is golding out your weapons.

Agreed, too bad that's now the standard. Getting anything gold plated is a major PIA so why ZOS hits so hard with these nerfs after all the time you put into them is truly frustrating.

~ Cheers!!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So true. Immortal never made any sense to me. It dropped in the same places as Eternal, yet was unquestionably worse. I would put it in the same category as Quick Serpent, but at least Quick Serpent had some arguable [very, very little] PVP utility.

Ironically, you're still better off taking VO into PvP than Celerity. VO swings two weapon crit and a weapon damage bonus, but also returns resources on kills. Celerity swings a weapon crit and two max stam bonuses, but does not return resources on kills. VO also has a minor slayer buff, but that doesn't work in PvP, so it's a wash.

So, between VO and Celerity, VO's still the better set in PvP. About the only time you'd want to use Celerity is if you're already using VO, and want to stack the extra cost discount, but at that point, there are better options.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

Agreed, too bad that's now the standard. Getting anything gold plated is a major PIA so why ZOS hits so hard with these nerfs after all the time you put into them is truly frustrating.

~ Cheers!!

This isn't a nerfs thing. This has been true for years. Upgrading jewelry to gold (even back in the days when it required replacing the jewelry pieces entirely) has always been an incredibly minor bump.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    " When you interrupt an enemy, you gain 400 Weapon Damage for 15 seconds".

ZOS, can I have the money I spent on that set which is now a total crap back, please?
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    " When you interrupt an enemy, you gain 400 Weapon Damage for 15 seconds".

ZOS, can I have the money I spent on that set which is now a total crap back, please?

+1 here. 3 gold VH weapons = 24 alloys, at ~9k each = 216k gold. Plus the gold I spent on buying the weapons and armor. Plus the transmute stones, about 200-250 of them.

PayPal will be fine, thank you.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least commodity prices trend downwards in this world. This is one slight alleviation to the hazards of set changes.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

It's not really. Though, older sets that were overperforming are the first to go on the block. New sets that might be overtuned tend to get to live because the community hasn't managed to break them yet. So, there's a little bit of that, but it's not really manipulative. More a function of balance adjustments.
    PvE sets rarely get nerfed, yes its exceptions Mechanical accuracy got nerfed because it over performed as people was able to use it more effectively than expected. VO speed buff got nerfed but that was an PvP issue.
    Else popular PvP sets tend to get nerfed.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.